My Hired Boyfriend

Love Collection

“Krystal-shi, I really like you can you be my girlfriend?” A boy bowed to a pretty girl as he confessed. But before she could reply him back a pair of arms wrapped around her waist from behind.

“Baby so that’s where you were, I was looking for you.” A feminine looking boy voiced as he peck his girlfriend on the cheek.

Looking at the sweet couple the boy looked down on the floor in disappointment. He didn’t know what else he could do and he never heard Krystal got a boyfriend.

“I’m sorry. I got to go.” With that said he turned and left the sweet couple in tears.

After seeing the boy left the sweet expression they had on their face immediately faded away.

“Alright you can stop hugging me now.” Krystal commanded and broke out of the embrace.

They now distanced from each other and their expression turned cold. To people it seem like they are people who doesn’t know each other and their actions were completely opposite from before.

“My job’s done and I’m leaving.” The feminine looking boy stated and left his ‘girlfriend’.

If you’re wondering what is happening right here and wondered what the heck is wrong with this couple then we had to rewind back 3 days ago.



“Krystal-shi I love you so much can you be my girlfriend.” A handsome looking boy confessed to Krystal. To Krystal this probably is the hundredth guy that confessed to her so she wasn’t too surprise and is used to it.

“Soohyun, sorry I don’t like you.” Krystal said with a cold face.

“Why? Am I not good enough for you?” The guy named Soohyun questioned. He thought that he got everything to qualify to be Krystal’s boyfriend.

“Sorry but you don’t qualify. You’re not handsome enough, my family is richer and I’m smarter than you. There’s not one thing I can think of that you are better at.” Krystal harshly pinpointed the truth. She stood there still with her arms crossed as she said those harsh comments.

Soohyun fist clenched together and it seem like he’s in the urge of exploding his anger out. His head was down and his body was shaking.

“WHY?” He suddenly approaches Krystal reaching out his two arms and shaking her back and forth. “I loved you so much why can’t you accept me?” He was now more uncontrollable than before.

Krystal screamed out aloud and tried to break free from his grip but it was no use as Soohyun was way stronger than her. All she could do was pray for someone to help but what are the chances in this empty street? Suddenly a pair of strong arms grabbed Soohyun from behind and threw him onto the ground. A feminine looking boy wearing a L.A. cap stood in front of Krystal, Soohyun who was lying on the floor got back up on his two feet and threw a punch at the feminine looking boy. The boy immediately dodged his attack and kicked him back down back on the floor. Soohyun knew he was in no complete with this guy so he immediately ran off.

“Oppa thank you.” Krystal was back on earth as she regains what has happened in that moment. The boy looked at Krystal then walked to pick his bag up on the floor. He dusted the dirty away from his bag and threw the bag back on over his shoulders. He didn’t say a single word and turns to leave.

“Wait oppa!” Krystal called out from behind as she chased after her saviour. She called a few more times but got no respond when she finally caught up to him she patted on his shoulder.

The boy turned around and unplugged the ear phones that were on his ears the whole time. Looking a little confused he questioned “What’s wrong?”

Krystal finally had a good look at her saviour she quietly observed his facial features. His eyes were dark, although he was wearing a cap but could see he had short black hair, his lips are a bit puff which looks juicy, and his ears had tons of earrings. Overall Krystal admits to herself this boy is very handsome.

“Thank you for saving me.” Krystal bowed in great manners to her savior.

“No problem.” The boy said and was about to leave once again until Krystal’s voice was heard once again.

“...How can I repay you for what you did?” Krystal doesn’t like owing people things so she wants to repay him, either pays him money or treat him dinner whatever that makes Krystal happy.

“It’s okay I didn’t save you because I want you to repay me.” The boy talked back.

Krystal stared at the boy closely and thought to herself that he looks familiar. It then clicked in her head that she has seen this boy before and thinking deeply she finally remembered that he works as a part-timer in her father’s super market. Krystal is not the type to remember her father’s employees but since her best friend Sulli kept stalking this boy whenever they go to the super market together his face was printed in Krystal’s head. Now that she remembered where she has seen him before she also remembered that Alexander the store manager said this boy was fired because he kept arriving late. To her surprise Krystal also found out that this good looking boy is actually a girl and her name is Amber.

“Amber!” Krystal suddenly shouted which caught the girl’s attention. Turning back around she gave her a confused look.

“How do you know my name?” She questioned while eyeing the girl who just shouted her name.

“I remembered you. You worked at the Jung’s super market but because you’re always late so you got fired.” Krystal explained and she motioned closer to the tomboy.

It took Amber a few seconds to reply back “Ah you’re the Princess.” Princess? Krystal was at confused. “The employees there named you that.” Seeing her confused look Amber explained it. “Well I gotta go for a job interview now. Nice meeting you Princess.” Amber waved goodbye before leaving.

“How about I hire you?” Krystal once again shouted from behind. She didn’t know why she said that but there’s a tint of depression she felt when she saw Amber leaving.

Upon hearing that Amber turns back and closed the distance between them. She desperately needs a job right now and if this girl can give her a job it would saves her great amount of time searching for one. “What kind of job?” She was curious she wouldn’t mind going back to the super market. In fact she quiet liked there as she could always grab food which are almost over due or just over due for free.

“Be my boyfriend.” Krystal smirked.

“No.” That was all she said and she turns around walking away.

Krystal shouted once again “I mean to pretend to be my boyfriend. You know what happened just then could happen to me again and I need someone who can protect me from these crazy guys.” Amber still hasn’t turn back and kept walking until Krystal shouted “I can pay you ten times the amount you get paid at the super market.” Now this has fully caught Amber’s attention. Ten times the amount really means a lot to her it’ll take her months to earn that amount.

“What exactly do I have to do?” Seem a little more interested Amber asked.

“Like what a boyfriend would do. You just have to pretend to be my boyfriend to shoo away those flies that is annoying me.” Krystal had always thought this would be a good idea but she never could find a guy to fill this spot up until she saw Amber.

Amber gave a deep thought in this offer as the most attractive thing about this job is the pay. Never did she found a job that pays that much. “A kiss would add an extra 10,000 won, a kiss on the lips is 20,000 won and having ... I’ll think about it depending on the pay.” Amber stated clearly as she doesn’t want to have any disadvantages.

Krystal frowned but nevertheless she agreed to it “Fine! But don’t worry I don’t even want to kiss you.”

“Deal.” Looking at the payment she agreed on this. “By the way you do know I’m a girl right?” Amber often is mistaken as a boy so she asked this making sure Krystal is aware that she is a girl.

“Of course I know otherwise I won’t ask you to pretend to be my boyfriend. I wouldn’t want to ask a guy to pretend to be my boyfriend they might take advantage of me.”

With that their first face-to-face meeting Krystal hired Amber as to be her pretend boyfriend.



“My job’s done and I’m leaving.” Amber stated and left his ‘girlfriend’ behind.

It’s been three days already since Amber took the offer as Krystal’s pretend boyfriend. Within these three days Amber already took down 2 guys who confessed to Krystal. To Amber this job was simple she doesn’t need to do much at all, all she had to do was be there whenever Krystal calls and say that she is Krystal’s boyfriend. But the hardest thing was to deal with this Princess as Amber discovered she really is a spoiled rich brat.

As a week passed by Krystal would even called Amber in the middle of the night like 2am telling her that she’s hungry to buy her food, sometimes when she needed someone to carry her shopping bags she would call Amber out and the worst thing is no matter where Amber is she needs to get to Krystal within 30 minutes otherwise she gets no pays. Amber cursed as she thinks herself more like a slave than a pretend boyfriend to Krystal. She thought to herself that whoever is Krystal’s real boyfriend in the future she would feel sorry for that person.

“AMBER WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU NOW!?” Krystal screamed through the phone as this was the tenth times she called Amber.

Having the phone distance from her ear Amber replied back “Woah calm down. I told you I got an exam today and I need to have my phone turned off.”

“I don’t care! Just come to the cafe that is around the corner of my school right now!” Krystal commanded and Amber knows it’s never a good idea to say anything more than a yes right now.

Amber immediately left her college school and within 30 minutes she arrived at the cafe where Krystal was. She walked in and saw Krystal and a guy sitting in front of her. Amber sighed “Time to work.” She said it to herself. In her fastest pace she walks up to where Krystal was and the first thing she had to do was pretend to be her sweet boyfriend.

“There you were baby.” Amber hugged her girlfriend and sat down next to Krystal. It was awkward as the guy in front was staring at Amber not in a very nice way. Amber sweated as his staring seem like he wants to kill her straight away.

“I don’t get it Krystal why do you choose this feminine guy over me?” The guy finally broke the silence and spoke. This comment has been said many times by guys who confessed to Krystal, at first Amber would get annoyed but slowly she starts to ignore it and take it as a compliment.

“Because I love him.” Krystal put all her emotion in saying this sentence making as though she really loves Amber.

“Krystal wake up don’t be stupid, this guy won’t bring any happiness to you. Only I can.” The guy has startled Amber and Amber sensed something bad is coming upon hearing the word ‘stupid’.

Amber’s six senses were correct Krystal was getting furious. Under the table Krystal grabbed tight onto Amber’s thighs which made Amber winced in pain. Krystal’s anger exploded she slaps her hand on the table and stood up causing all the customers staring at her.

“Eli! I’m not stupid! And who do you think you are to question about my happiness!” Krystal took the glass cup filled with water that was placed in front of Amber and splashed the water onto the guy who called Eli. Krystal furiously left the cafe as she dragged Amber along with her.

Amber was shocked this was the first time she saw Krystal acting like this. She stayed silent and just let Krystal drag her wherever she wants to go. It seem like Krystal finally calmed herself down as she stopped and released her grip on Amber’s arm. Amber rubbed the pain on her arm a little red mark was visible Krystal saw that and she felt sorry.

“Sorry I didn’t mean that.” Krystal apologised. As much of a spoil brat she is Krystal still knows her manners.

“It’s okay since job is done I’m leaving.” Amber always leaves after each job is completed she never bothered to stay or to know more about Krystal. All she cared that she gets paid weekly.

Once again Krystal grabbed onto Amber’s arm and pulled her “You’re not leaving, you’re coming with me to shopping.” It was obvious that Krystal was still furious as what just happened and shopping is a way to calm her down. So Amber had no choice but just let Krystal drag her to the shopping stores. Afraid that Amber might run away Krystal linked arms with Amber, now they just look like any other couples on the street on a date.

They stopped by a store that Krystal always visits. Once they entered the female sales recognise Krystal immediately and greeted her customer politely “Miss Jung welcome to the store.” It was the first time the female sales saw Amber and when Amber smiled to the female sales she blushed immediately. Krystal saw that and immediately pulled Amber with her to the new release section.

“Amber I saw that. You’re my boyfriend now so don’t you dare to look at other girls.” Krystal commanded and Amber just replied “Yes Princess.”

Upon seeing the pretty clothes Krystal’s anger have gone she is now happily selecting new clothes while Amber stood behind in boredom and would constantly say “Yeah that one is nice” when Krystal ask her for comments. Suddenly Amber felt a pair of eyes staring at them from behind this made Amber uncomfortable.

“Baby, do you think this look good on me?” When Krystal is in a good mood she would call Amber ‘baby’. She was now standing in front of a mirror putting the clothes front of her body seeing which one looks best. Krystal’s voice snapped Amber’s thought and she walk up to Krystal from behind. From the reflection of the mirror Amber saw the guy who just confessed to Krystal stalking at them from outside. She knew something like this would happen and the best thing to do is not let him discover that they lied to him.

Amber hugged Krystal from behind and replied to Krystal’s question “You look great in anything.”

Krystal was surprise at the sudden hug even though it’s not the first time but this time it felt different. Krystal’s face flashed red as she whispered “What are you doing?” to Amber.

Amber whispered back “Eli is outside stalking us. It would excite him if he finds out we lied to him.” The hot breath sends shivers down Krystal’s spine and this made Krystal blushed even more. Krystal stood silent as she let Amber handle the situation. They paid for the clothing and left the store. Unlike before where they only linked arms this time they had they body even closer to one another. Amber carried all the shopping bags with one hand while the other hand wrapped around Krystal’s waist. The closeness made Krystal nervous as she never been this close with someone she’s not close with. They both continue walking down the street and constantly stop by in shops. Along the whole way Amber was cautious whether Eli was still following them but unfortunately this guy doesn’t give up that easily.

“He’s still following us.” Amber whispered as they both continue to walk on the street like a sweet couple.

“What?!” Krystal was surprised and was about to turn around to see where Eli was but was stopped by Amber. “What should we do to make him leave? I don’t want him to follow me home.” Krystal panicked as she never encounters such crazy guys.

“He looks a bit too strong for me to take down.” Amber blurted out as she remembered how muscular Eli was.

“I thought you’re a black-belt in taekwondo?” Eyes widen Krystal couldn’t believe what she heard.

“Well there is still a difference between a guy and a girl even though I’m a black-belt.” Amber rolled her eyes.

“What should we do?” Krystal is even more panic than before, this time she was really scared.

“Make out in front of him and hopefully he’ll leave.” Amber casually said like it was nothing special.

“What?! I’m not going to kiss you.” Krystal startled by Amber’s suggestion.

“Your choice his target is you not me.” Indeed that is the truth Amber doesn’t need to care as Eli will only be a bother to Krystal.

“... Fine!” Krystal unwillingly agreed as this was the only choice.

Amber smirked at how cute Krystal reacted. She then led Krystal to a place where there was lesser people and turned into the empty alleyway. She dropped all the shopping bags that she was carrying on the ground and gently pushed Krystal on the wall. In the corner of Amber’s eyes she saw Eli poking his head out from the corner silently staring at the two. After confirming Eli is watching them Amber pushes herself close to Krystal’s body and before she laid her lips on Krystal she whispered in her ears “Remember the 20,000 won.” Without letting Krystal to respond Amber crashes her lips onto Krystal’s. Krystal was shocked and she could feel herself boiling up from the excitement she felt. To Krystal this was the first time she ever did more than a peck and what’s more is she is now kissing a girl. Strangely this felt really good to Krystal as she slowly responded to the kiss and hugged Amber tighter. Not only Krystal had this strange feeling but Amber has it too, she didn’t think Krystal would respond to the kiss and never did she knew that she was losing control in herself from a kiss. The kiss has gotten more and more passionate as the two has totally forgotten the purpose of this kiss. Krystal dug her fingers into Amber’s hair while Amber’s hands wondered up and down on Krystal’s body. The kiss lasted for a good 5 minutes until they broke apart both grasping for oxygen. They were only an inch apart as they both stared at each other breathing heavily and their lips were swollen from the intense kissing.

After recovering enough breath Amber was about to close the gap for another round but was only to be stopped by Krystal.

“He’s... gone.” Krystal pushed Amber further away as they awkwardly looked at each other.

Amber only realise what she has been doing and looked away avoiding the awkwardness. She picked up the shopping bags that were on the ground and cleared before speaking “Right... I should send you home now.”

The whole way through they kept silent not a word was said, both was still immersed at the passionate kiss they shared. It was only until they arrived at Krystal’s house that they bid goodbye to each other.

The scene of them kissing passionately would often flash back in Krystal’s head whenever she saw her swollen lips from the mirror reflection. Just thinking about it made Krystal blushed she wondered has she fallen for this tomboy?

It has been a week since that day and both of them hadn’t contact each other. Krystal was confused about her feelings she didn’t know if she really loves Amber or was it because she was too immersed in her character. After all the hard thinking she decided that this feeling was just a moment thing and it would fade away. She took her phone out and texted Amber.

You’re fired.

After that was sent she threw her phone on the bed and lay down as she thought everything is over. Amber didn’t reply back so Krystal took that she agrees on it.

A month has passed already with no contacts of each other. Krystal would often think about Amber and the time they shared together. She thought the feelings she holds for Amber would gradually fades away but instead it was the opposite it grew stronger every day.

Krystal and Sulli both walk in to the Jung’s super market to get some snacks for tonight’s sleepover. As soon as they entered the super market Sulli spotted the handsome boy that she used to stalk.

“Omo! Krys! I thought you said he was fired.” Sulli pointed where the handsome boy was.

Krystal looked in the direction that Sulli was pointing and for the first time in a month time she saw Amber again. A strange feeling gushed in Krystal’s body as she stared at the handsome tomboy working. Unintentionally she walked towards the tomboy. Sensing that someone was getting near the tomboy lifted up her head and saw Krystal standing straight in front of her.

“Krys...tal?” Amber dropped what she was doing and stared straight in Krystal’s eyes.

A strange feeling could be sensed by Sulli, feeling a bit awkward she broke the silent. “Krys, you know him?” Without responding back Krystal pulled Sulli away by the wrist as they left the super market. Krystal didn’t know why she acted like that she’s been longing to see Amber and to tell Amber about her feelings but when she finally saw Amber she couldn’t face her.

The next day Krystal received a text message from Amber to meet outside at the cafe near her school. Krystal came to the cafe and once she entered the cafe she saw the tomboy already there waiting for her. Their eyes meet and Amber smiled to Krystal. Krystal walks up and sat opposite of Amber, the waitress came up and Krystal ordered her drink. Her drink arrived but both of them haven’t spoken yet.

“Krystal...”

“Amber...”

They both spoke at the same time.

“You first”

“You first”

Again they spoke at the same time.

Amber chuckled as they both spoke at the same time twice.

“I miss you Krystal.” Amber was the first to speak. She really did missed Krystal as she was going through the same thing Krystal did. She was confused at her own feelings and only realised how much she missed Krystal when she saw her yesterday.

Feeling a little nervous Krystal replied back “Me too.” Then there was a long awkward silence until Krystal questioned “I thought you were fired how come you’re working at the super market again?”

“After you fired me I went back to the super market hoping they give me a second chance. Alexander our store manager said he’ll give me a second chance since I’m handsome and I can attract young customers.” Amber took a sip of her drink after the explanation.

“Sorry...” Krystal suddenly apologised.

“What for?” Amber was confused at the apology.

“For firing you suddenly because I was confused...” Before Krystal could finish her sentence it was cut off by Amber.

“It’s okay I understand. I was feeling the same.”

Krystal smiled to herself, this was the feeling she’s been waiting for and she was glad that what she’s feeling wasn’t just one-sided.

“So can you be my boyfriend? I mean girlfriend.” Krystal blushed as this was her first time confessing.

Amber chuckled “So how much you’re going to pay me?”

“I didn’t mean...” Before Krystal could explain herself Amber got up and sealed her lips with a kiss.

It was a soft gentle kiss unlike the one they had before which was passionate. Even though it lasted less than a second but it felt sweet. Krystal’s face was now red like a tomato.

“How about you pay me with kisses?” Amber playfully suggested.

They both smiled at each other understanding that they both feel the same way towards each other.

With head resting on her hand Krystal returned a playful question to Amber “So... How much do I pay you for ?”

Amber shyly smiled “I give you that for free you can have it as much as you want.” Then they both broke down in laughter.

“I love you Krystal.”

“I love you too Amber.”

They both then enjoyed the time being together in the cafe both trying to understand more of each other.