Sometimes...

The Chains of Society
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N – I hope I don’t confuse you guys too much here. It’s swinging between Hyuk and Kyu…especially in the beginning. I’ve never done it like that before…or to this extent, so I’m a little nervous. This is the part that had stopped me from posting the oneshot version of this fic in Twisted Tales…Here’s to endings.

 

 

***

 

What is right? What is wrong?

It’s all a perceptive of opinion isn’t it?

Majority votes dictate what is right.

Right?

But what if it’s the majority that is wrong...

Then what?

 

 

 

 

 

Hyukjae’s eyes flutters as he sinks into the bath tub, letting the scented water wash over himself until he is fully submerged. He cringes when he thinks again of the way some of his ex-fans were looking at him as he had made his way to his waiting vehicle after his TV recording. Judging. Still judging. As if he had committed a sin. Was it really a sin to love?

 

Don’t look at me like that

 

 

*

 

 

Kyuhyun sighs as he packs his bag. The rehearsal for his new musical was done and he just wanted to get out of there. He knew his company had done a lot to make his scandal appear baseless but still, there was always someone wondering if perhaps it was really what it was – a coverup. Desperately hiding the truth.

 

Those whispers. That gossip.

 

And still he can hear those hushed questions. He can feel those eyes trying to read his mind. Guessing. Assuming. Giving their own verdicts before even hearing them out…before even knowing who they were.

 

Guilty until proven innocent.

 

Is it that wrong?

 

They were but just a little different.

 

*

 

 

Hyukjae rises when the burning feeling of asphyxiation start spreading from his lungs to his chest and neck, desperately wanting to take a breath, to let oxygen splurge through his system once again. He breathes hard, tears automatically coming out as he hugs his knees to his chest. But when the tears become too much and he can see nothing but blurry colours, he reaches up and palms his eyes, harshly wiping away the tears and water, all the while staring at his phone resting on the ledge of the wide bathtub.

 

And unable to resist, he reaches for the device. This is the last time. This is the last time. Last time…the very last he tells himself. Just one more try before he gives up on his love.

 

Before he gives up…

 

One last time. He swears it’s the last. The last.

 

 

The last attempt to perhaps mend the cracks of his broken heart

 

 

*

 

 

“Kyuhyun shi. Going now?”

 

“Neh.” Kyuhyun replies to the fellow actor, “I’m going home.”

 

“Not hanging out with Hyukjae shi? You guys used to always hang out. Ah but I guess you must be spending more time with your girlfriend.”

 

Kyuhyun’s heart stutters at the innocent question. “N-No. I’m going home. Hyukjae is busy right now and Mijee shi is-” Kyuhyun stops since he knows nothing of the girl he had been forcefully paired with and he just couldn’t find it in himself to give a damn either, “She is busy too.”

 

“Ahh…okay then. Bye! You’ve worked hard!” says the friendly actor  as he waves and turns to go towards his own bag and try as he might, Kyuhyun just can’t muster enough liveliness to greet back. He instead walks out, hand already thumbing through his phone, eyes lighting up when he sees the many notifications and then just as quickly dimming when none of them are from Hyukjae. Sure he may not be answering those calls or replying to the messages…but still…he just wants to hear Hyuk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter