In which he hides (and I find him)

Breathtaking You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As I munch on the delicious treat given to me earlier on, my eyes scanned the thick crowd of individuals- hoping I'll catch any sign of my mysterious boy. After passing this bar of chocolate to me, the hottie finished his noodles swiftly before hitting dreamland- I glanced at him quite a few times, only to find his slight snores and long lashes. It gave me quite the giggles- not as in I giggled but as in I half-snort, half-laugh type of thing. Rule number one to Han Junghye's life- never giggle. It's disgusting as . Mhm.

As soon as mother woke up, she realized my jacket and a strange baseball jacket on top of me. Questioning me with judgmental eyes, I promptly covered it up, saying that I brought another jacket. After a few seconds of raising her eyebrows at me (I think she knew), mother dismissed it as she went to order a meal for her and myself- I claimed that a cup of hot chocolate would do for me- and my mother complied. She got one for herself as well, which was odd in a sense, mother was anything but a sweet tooth to be honest. I dismissed it as a recovery from the current crisis: heartbreak.

Once we landed, the male beside me sent a quick wave (with a slight smile) before rushing straight out of the airplane. 

Weird, he was hurrying when he went inside the plane as well- is he in a rush or is he chased- ugh. Before I could reply to anything, he had escaped the loose grasp of my fingers. Mother gave me a look as she took down the suitcase (at that time she was taller than me) and dragged it down the aisle, thanking the air stewards.

"Who was that boy Junghye?" Mother interrogated as we paid for my VISA. 

"Uh, what?"

Rolling her eyes at me, she promptly took the ticket from the staff, not before thanking her and we walked towards the baggage claiming section. "You know, the one your eyes ogled for-"

"I did not ogle at him!" I claimed, though I knew myself it was true- I did, a bit. Mhm, alright, maybe a little more than a bit.

Grinning, mother could only shrug her shoulders twice before we arrived at the moving baggage. After spending a few minutes in search for our luggage, we strolled outside to find a taxi, while my eyes still roamed for any signs of hottie.

As we walked out of the automatic doors, the kind Seoul air greeted me warmly. The breeze was less harsh than Beijing's and the feeling of homesick quite suddenly swallowed me whole- despite Seoul's tries to comfort my cracked shell. Taking a mature deep breath, I shook my head before once more scrutinizing my surrounding, still in search. At that moment, I kind of felt as if I was a detective- searching for the criminal. Well in a sense, he is kind of one. A man charged guilty of robbing my heart whole- as cheesy as that sounds. While in my trance, I caught that husky voice of his from somewhere, as mother called for a taxi, I ran down the left platform, hunting for my little crush (shh).

With this beating feelings and adrenaline, I kept on sprinting- only to be greeted with what could possibly be the worse moments in my life. The hottie had hopped into a light blue taxi. As he closed the doors, I shouted out in pure embarrassment and anticipation. And as if he heard me, his head snapped towards my direction- a smile placed itself upon his deliciously plump lips as he gave me a proper salute and a lovely wave. 

Waving back bashfully, my heart sank as the taxi drove off, taking the hottie with it's evil intentions. The boy inside the taxi, winks once at me and in that exact moment, I felt my heart jump back into place. Oh crap, the effects he had on me. 

Well, that didn't go so bad- just that I didn't know anything about him and possibly will never meet him ever again- unless fate is being extremely kind to me. Kind and fate don't go together in my opinion but oh well. Sigh.

Afterwards, I got an earful of advices and complaints from my anxious and troubled mother as she pinched my ears and dragged me promptly onto our taxi. Crying out in pure humiliation and shame, I glanced around to see a handful of people staring at me awkwardly. Well, to be honest, it wasn't the most pleasant sight to see. Gosh, mother.

The moments after that wasn't so bad, mother reprimanded me not to run off on my own anymore, her eyes slightly teary as she stared at me with a motherly aura. Feeling that I was at fault, I nodded in sluggish manner, thinking of the distress my mother had felt as I run off to find hottie. Aah, why do hottie have to go? I couldn't possibly drag my mother with me as I catch up to him- she would hold me down and protest the second after. Hu hu, life's hard.

About an hour after that, the taxi stopped in front of a decent looking building.

Blinking at the building in front of me, I stepped out of the car with mother's instructions and carried two suitcases as mother carried the other two.

"Where are we?" I quickly posed, gazing around as I took a good look at my current surrounding.

"Our new apartment" mother replies promptly as she came up to the counter to grab the keys and hand in the documents proving that she has paid for one of the apartment resting above the ground floor. 

Tapping impatiently at my red converse sneakers, I sighed while staring at the wrapper of the chocolate bar that the hottie gave me. I finished it all too soon- in a flash if I may say... why couldn't I have conserved it just a little bit more? Sigh. Me and food really end up in a stomach mess.

As we rode the elevator, I could see the dark circles colouring mother's face as she blinked unconsciously at the increasing number at the top of this block of metal. She must've been really shaken up- but stayed strong for me. Patting her back, I gave her a gentle smile the moment she turned to me. 

"I'm glad that you're my daughter... especially at these times Junghye" mother sniffled as she wiped the upcoming tears welling in her eyes. 

Laughing lightly at her response, I could only speak of a few words before the elevator gates opened.

"I'm glad that you're my mother too"

[fast forward to nighttime: all the boring packing happened here!]

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter