Five

Still

[CONTENTID2]the day she stops ticking... and explodes[/CONTENTID2][CONTENTID1]December rain continues to fall from barren skies between heart beats and clock ticks. Passive sounds are amplified a thousand times to flood their days and nights... to emphasize the meaninglessness of their existence. It has grown since the boys' sudden departure. They had left to escape the rotten cycle of boredom. They had left in search for the answers to their questions. But when... when will they realize no such answers exist? One day. One day, they will return. They will discover the absolute truth. No matter where they choose to go, emptiness will continue to pursue like ruthless blood hounds on their final hunt. There is no other place for them in this world... but here.

Like two lovers, they sit by the window, laughing, smiling, and counting raindrops as they fall eagerly to join their sunken comrades. He turns to look at her bright face. Her eyes remind him of a warm summer's afternoon. She is easily entertained. To reach the peak of happiness, she makes it seem easy.

She is happy. She is content.

He could not be more wrong. He could not be more foolish. She is the epitome of deceit. She tells him what he wants to hear. She shows him what he wants to see. She kisses him sweetly knowing her feelings are lies. Does she care that they are lies? No, because she cannot be made to give a damn. Not anymore.

• • • • • • 

Is it possible that you pity Jaejoong?

You are stupid to think so. I do not pity others. I am incapable of sympathy. My actions are purely for my own enjoyment.

What do you gain from making her immortal?

Anticipation. The thrill of the wait. You see, Junki boy. I have high hopes for her... that she will continue to entertain after the others have dulled, whittled down to nothingness. Do you realizes how much pressure has built up in that little body? She does not cry and mourn. She does not yell, scream, or break out into a fit. Her sweet disposition is one big lie. She is a ticking time bomb. I am simply waiting for the day when she stops ticking... and explodes. To wear her down, she required more time... and I have given her plenty of it.

• • • • • • •

Much to the annoyance of the others, Minsu starts singing (very loudly)... to amuse himself. The noise he makes could only come from the most corrupted of throats. Wonjun, the eldest, hangs his head and lets out a heavy sigh. He is this close to breaking every single bone in Minsu's body... this close... just to drown out that blood-curdling sound. The pink-haired boy cannot sing... not even for a comedy act. Could it be used as an instrument of torture instead? Hmm... most definitely.

Sungjun is beating himself up in the corner. Is it to entertain himself? Uh, no. Minsu's singing has successfully driven him mad. He yanks some crap out of his pocket and waves it around wildly. "Can we sew his lips together?! Can we?! I mean... we don't really need to hear him talk, right?" His suggestion is not at all strange.

"Minsu's talk isn't the problem here."

"I know that, Dabin, you noob. I'm just saying... if I sew his mouth up to prevent the 'singing,' it'll also stop him from talking."

"And eating. Don't forget about that. But then again... he wouldn't die from not eating, would he?"

"I've already thought up a solution for that. See... I've had plenty of time to do it."

They are all waiting for the well thought out solution. Nothing is coming. "So... what is it?"

"Chew up his food and feed it to him through a straw." He is completely indifferent.

"Ugh, yuck! You are disgusting, man."

"Hyung, if you chew his food for him... is it like... French kissing? So... you two would be making out? Doing so would make you both gay... Oh, that could make life more interesting for us."

"Suwoong... no more inputs from you, boy. No more." Dabin gives Suwoong a sturdy shake. Maybe that will knock some sense into him. Maybe...

While the others are discussing the possibility of sewing his mouth shut, Minsu is still singing in his own little world. God. He is totally tone deaf.

"At least Suwoong's stopped crying for his noona every five seconds."

"Oh my god, Xinling noona!"

"Yeah, thanks a lot, Sungjun. You did very well to remind him."

"Hey... I got plenty of shoe lace here... we can sew up his mouth after we do Minsu."

"We are not sewing each other up with shoe lace. End of discussion."

"Oh, well that's boring. Why the heck are we here anyway? There's nothing to do here."

"Correction. There's nothing to do anywhere..."

"They don't last very long out here, do they..."

"Nothing lasts long."

"Yeah, except for our boring drag of an existence."

"We can always go back and play with Xinling noona. She probably misses us. Let's go, let's go, let's go!"

"Seriously, Suwoong?"

"Seriously."[/CONTENTID1]