Two

Still

Without a scratch, without a bruise, he stepped out from the half-crushed vehicle. With both feet firmly planted on asphalt, he stood motionless, watching tragedy rise in sheets of black smoke.

It happened. He inhaled the poisonous air. So it happened. Now what?

[CONTENTID2]his angel cried tears of blood[/CONTENTID2][CONTENTID1]"Jae... help me." Her soft, childish voice floated to him upon broken wings. Her voice... it was surreal... like a figment of his imagination. And so... he shoved it aside and ignored it. But the voice... her voice, continued on most persistently. "Jae... please... Jae, help me stop the bleeding." Her voice grew a little louder... a little more substantial... a little more... real. And soon, he was made to turn. Turn to see the face of his angel. Her beautiful face... convulsing in misery. His angel. She had managed to escape the wreckage. Disregarding broken glass and burning metal, she had dragged herself out upon a broken back. With her trembling hand clenching the blood soaked fabric beneath her pregnant belly, she cried out his name once more.

All the while, he stood there... watching as she sobbed between painful gasps. "Jae! Please! Call the ambulance. Help me stop the bleeding. Please... please save him..." She swallowed, taking in short laborious breaths in a feeble attempt to compose herself. She could not expect him to be calm if she could not remain calm herself. "Honey..." She whispered. "I know you're probably in shock right now and I understand... I understand you are confused and it's very hard for you... but... but dearest, you have to come help me, okay? Please?"

His angel cried tears of blood and he knew... he knew she would not see him walk away. She would not see him abandon them in this hot, balmy hell. She would see none of it and it made him glad.

Was he in shock? Was he confused? He knew exactly where they were... in the middle of nowhere. No one would be coming for them. No one.

Listen here, Kim Jaejoong. If you ever hurt noona or make her sad, all four of us will hunt you down to the very edge of the Earth. Siwon will string you up, Zhoumi will cut off your balls, Hyukjae will gouge out your eyes, and I... I will personally skin you from head to toe. And then, we'll—

Lee Donghae! You silly boy... stop that. Stop threatening him already. Goodness... you are all sounding like a bunch of savages.

Noona... we're just making sure the message gets across... by being as graphic and detailed as possible.

Why... these flowing memories. Would they seek him out? Would they really? He wondered.

"Jae... please... I need you..." Her hand reached out in complete desperation. Speaking those words required much effort on her part. A heavy boulder had fallen upon her chest. She felt herself slipping in and out of consciousness. "Jae... please..." As much as she wanted to fight... to save her unborn child, she had undoubtedly reached her limit.

He turned his back on her. With hands trembling, heart pumping, he had taken it. The world had given him this opportunity. To escape it all... and he had taken it.

And so... he walked away. Just walked away.

His wife was dying with their child.

And soon, they would both be dead... just like him.[/CONTENTID1]