The Path That Lead Me To You

Different

CEO's office is really such a mystery to me, it has such a cold and intimdating feel to it, but you notice his huge collection of toys and figurines all over his office. Is CEO really a kid at heart? If so, GREAT?! I LOVE COLLECTING TOYS AND FIGURINES TOO! 

The secretary spoke up and said, "CEO, Song MinHo is here." 

He spun his chair around and of course wearing that signature hat of his, only YG would wear. He looked at me up and down and motioned me to sit down. 

"How are you feeling, Mr. Song MinHo?" he asked 

I took a deep breath and replied, "I'm feeling good right now because I'm here talking with you." (whew! I remembered what I was going to say. GOOD JOB ME!) 

CEO nods wand chuckles, "You seem very confident and not afraid of me, that's good. So, I watched your auditon videos and I must say you're really skilled and your technique is very good. You're an underground rapper right? Just like Choi Seung Hyun, you know who that is?"  

I looked at him and nodded, "OF COURSE! YG's own TOP!" 

CEO smirked and started tapping his fingers on his desk, which I hear is one of his habits when he's making a big decision. He clears his throat as if he's meaning real business and I gulped because at that moment he was really intimidating. 

"So, Song MinHo what is your dream? what do you want to accomplish in this company?"  he's looking straight into my eyes this time and I panicked. 

"Uh well....I want to become a successful artist in YG and influence new and good music in Korea and around the world." I smiled nervously 

"What kind of music do YOU want to do" CEO asks as if he was really curious about my songs. 

"Just like how my favorite artists inspire me, I want to put out music that will influence and motivate the public. I feel that my lyrics and my compositions will bring a new flavor of hip hop in YG." I said confidently. 

YG puts his hands under his chin and nods again. He finally speaks up, "Are you intending to be a solo artist?" 

THAT QUESTION...I never really thought about it. CRAP!! I just sat there trying to think of a good response. 

"Well, I went through a lot of failures while joining groups, as you know I was supposed to be a part of Block B, but I couldn't because of personal problems. I ended up debuting with BOM, but we really never made it big and disbanded soon after. Maybe, I'm just not the type to fit into a group setting. So, I rather go solo than be in a group,"  I was mumbling all this out. 

YG sat there with his hands clasps and starts ticking his tongue on his teeth, which was quite annoying to be honest. 

"Aww, I should of asked you this earlier then. If I would of know you wanted to be pursue a solo career here in YG, I would of called another trainee hopeful." 

OUCH!! MY HEART!

"What do you mean" I said heartbroken

"I already have 2 potential boy groups in my company, some trainees are well known and some aren't really known, but they all trained together for a while. I was hoping you could be part of one of the groups, but since you prefer being alone..." 

I interrupted him, "OH NO! It's not like I don't prefer being in a group, it's just that I had bad experiences in groups, it always seems like I don't end up debuting and get  pushed back on my dreams. I'm sorry if I seemed rude. I'm just a little hesitant." I quickly said to change CEO's mind. 

YG laughs and then sighs, "You do know, even if you are known or have a fan base when you join my company, you still have train to debut. All these boys are just trainees and you'll be surprised by their talents. So, do you want to be involved in this project or no?" 

I sat there frozen not knowing how to answer, I really am scared of being put into a group setting because I don't want to taste the sweet stage and end up having to leave it because we lost. I'm starting to sweat and it's obvious because CEO is shaking his head. Just then I hear the voice of Kang Seung Yoon in my head, I don't know why, but it was that little tid bit of looking YG into eyes and being confident. As fast as that run-in was with him, I felt his warmth which was quite alarming because I always thought of him as very untouchable. YG looks like he was going to cut me off and send me home, but I stood up and walked over to YG's desk and stared into his eyes. 

"Look, I am scared, hestiant, and nervous as hell right now. I really did want to pursue being a solo rapper in YG and I feel I can do a really good job. I do have a phobia about being place in a group and competing, but if this is the way to be accepted in this great company. I'll do it, not because I want to debut already, but because I feel this will be a good time to grow into a better artist and see other trainees that might have the same skill level as me. I don't know what is going to happen, but I will work hard and show you what a good artist I can be for YG." I didn't move from staring at him. 

YG smiles his crooked smile and pats me in the shoulder, "You are really bold to look at me like that. Okay! I'm telling you this is not an easy or ordinary training period. You'll be put in a group and have to be with these guys all day and all night. Can you do that?" 

I chuckled, "I'm very aware of rooming with other guys and having to practice and train 24/7, I promise I'll work hard in whatever team I'll be in." 

I'm still staring straight into CEO's eyes and he motions me to sit down yet again, "Okay, so I'll tell you who you are in a group with," 

I paused and looked at him shocked, he sees my expression and laughs out loud, "I knew you couldn't pass up this offer, so I already had a team in mind for you." 

YG stands up and leans on his desk and folds his arms together, "So let me tell you who you'll be in a group with, First off, You'll be joining another rapper/dancer named Lee Seung Hoon, have you heard of him?" 

"Lee Seung Hoon? AHHH! Wasn't he in KPOPSTAR? WOW!! He's daebak!!!" I said all excited. 

YAHHH! LEE SEUNG HOON seems like a happy and fun guy, I think I'll get along with him really well 

YG grins and nodded, "I feel you guys will be a good rapping pair, so do well! The next person is Nam TaeHyun..he's the vocal of your group..He's"

I looked up at repeated the name, "NAM..TAEHYUN? Yes..I know him! We frequent around the same school and same circle of friends. YAHH! I didn't know he was still in YG! He's a cool kid!" 

YES SOMEONE THAT I KNOW IS IN HERE! I won't feel to weird even though Taehyun can be such a weird kid sometimes. I wonder how he's doing so far in YG? 

"The next member is Kim JinWoo, he's been here since 2010 and I really don't know what to do with that kid sometimes, He's also a vocal, but he gets so shy or loses focuses during evaluations." YG shakes his head. 

I look down, "Ohh his name sounds strong though and cute at the same time, I'm sure he'll do better since "DEBUT" is the same goal we're reaching in this project right?" 

Kim JinWoo...his name sounds cute! I wonder what this guy is like and why is not confident? If he was in YG for a long time, he must be so talented. 

I think CEO noticed me drifitng off and he clears his throat, "And finally, the last member, you might know him from another survival show. He's actually in the studio right now putting finishing touches on his solo songs. Kang Seung Yoon..." 

My heart drops when I hear his name, I looked at CEO and he's smiling at me, "OHH YES! I know Kang Seung Yoon! from Super Star K right? He's really cool and has a nice voice!" I managed to say.... "BUT, his style is so different? Will it be good with a group?" I asked CEO. 

He puts his hands under his chin and was in deep though and he finally replies "Well, that's the point of teamwork right? If you're put into a group with different talents and voices, how can you make good music together? That's the point right?" 

I laughed nervously 

OMG!! I'm in a group with Kang Seung Yoon, the same guy I bumped into downstairs. HOW EMBARRASSING AND WEIRD! out of all the members or artist that I would of bumped into..it had to be him...and now i'm in his team. I already feel dumb and uncomfortable with that incident earlier and now I'm going to be in the same dorm as him and practicing with him. How is this going to work? Our style is so different too?

I hear YG's voice loud and clear, "SO ARE YOU GOING TO JOIN THIS PROJECT, SONG MINHO?" 

I took a minute to really think this out because seriously this is A LOT to take in. I'm still weary about being in a group and honestly I don't know if I have it in me to really stick it out. What happens if we lose? Are we going to disband? Are we going to dumped or kicked out of YG? That means I have to start all over again and I can't deal with that. 

CEO looks at me as if he could read my mind and blurted out "You might be hesitant, it's a huge project and you don't know if it's going to be a good or bad outcome, but you never know if you don't try it. Right? This is your opportunity to push yourself again and get to know more styles and trainees. Either way it's a good experience don't you think?" 

WOW!! How does he do that? Just totally convinces you...he's YG after all..and it's YG entertainment. 

"Okay, I'm IN!" I said nervously and half-heartedly 

"OMO! What's this? Why did you lose your confidence? This team has A LOT of potential and has an advantage in this competiton. You won't be disappointed." YG smirks. 

I nodded and replied back "I'll work hard!!" while putting my fist up and got up to turn around. 

He calls me from behind and says "Oh Song MinHo, just to let you know. You start training tomorrow and moving into their dorms next week. Let your parents know okay?" 

I nodded once again and waved 

This is CRAAZZYYY!! I'm in! I got in! YAH! this is great! but scary! YAHH what did i agree to?

All these thoughts start swirling in my head and I need a breather. I'm also very hungry, but where do I go from here? I'm not a yg trainee yet so I don't want to go to the cafeteria. That's too embarrassing. I wonder where my Team is at right now? 

I decided to go to a near by corner store to get some food and drinks and sat at the curb while I was waiting for my dad to pick me up. From time to time, I would see other YG trainees or dancers coming in and out of the building. They're all looking at me as they walk in and I already feel dumb just eating outside the building it looks like I'm some kind of saseng fan or something. 

AISH! This won't do! I thought to myself. I got up and walked across the street and sat at the curb near the corner store. All of a sudden I hear faint screams on the right side of me. 

"YAHHHH! It's Kang Seung Yoon!! KANG SEUNG YOON!! He's so handsome and slim!! OPPA!!!! please take these gifts!" 

I froze

WHY?! WHY? out of all people Kang Seung Yoon is outside of YG building. 

I stood up and tried to get away, but then again 

CRASH! BANG! I fall to my knees and my food is all over the sidewalk. 

"AHHHH! Are you okay?! I'm so sorry! I was skateboarding and they caught me and I needed to get away..." the voice said sincerely 

I looked down at my scattered food and my shirt that now has the rest of my soda soaked in it. 

"YAHHHH!! were you even looking ahead of you?!" I said angrily and half-crying because I was still hungry and my precious food was on the sidewalk. 

I felt the gentleman grab me from behind to help me up and I noticed my knees bleeding. 

"OHH GREAT!" I said frustrated and still not looking at this mystery guy. 

I wonder where Kang Seung Yoon went? I hope he didn't see this embarrassing scene. 

"OHHH! You're Song MinHo!!" said the guy again 

UGHH! Why are you still here? Just leave me alone

"Ahhh you must be upset because of your food and look you're bleeding. Here let me help you." the guy said again. 

I'm getting really annoyed and I just want to go home. I want this guy to go away, he spoiled my good mood. 

I finally looked up at whoever was helping me to a table and was in shock to see that it was indeed, KANG SEUNG YOON. 

My mouth must've been open so wide for him to notice because he laughed and I see his chin dimple again. It's so charming..even his laugh is charming what the hell am I thinking? It's not charming..it's annoying! 

"Song Minho-hyung? minho-yah?" Seung Yoon said trying to have conversation with me 

Even the way he talks is charming, his busan dialect can still be heard in the way he slurs his words together. It's cute. wait what? what am I saying? 

"It's HYUNG...I'm 10 months older than you." I replied 

He smirked.... and my anger went away from some reason...his smirk is cute. 

"Yahh did you do research on me or something?" Seung Yoon said impressed that I knew something about him. 

I shook my head "Your life story was on Super Star K, my mom was a fan of that show and is a fan of you as well. My sister thinks your cute in a way..." 

Seung Yoon touches his heart and laughs 

He's really charming..that's he's already charming the out me and I'm a guy. 

"Wow! I'm touched! But to be honest song minho-hyung..." 

the way he says hyung....why? 

"I've seen your audition tapes, you're an AMAZING rapper! one of the best I've seen from all the audition tapes. I was actually excited in meeting you. I knew CEO would choose you because you're so good." 

OMG Kang Seung Yoon complimenting me? 

He pats me on my back "Let's do great together in our team! okay?" 

I paused and looked him in the eyes, he has nicely shaped eyes..kind of like almonds and his eyes..isn't dark brown..and it has specks of light brown and it sparkles..especially in the sun. 

"How...did you know we'll be in the same team?" I asked him trying not to look into his eyes.

"I had that feeling, when I first bumped into you, literally what happened earlier. You seemed so mesmerized and excited by everything and everybody in YG. That's a sign of passion for music. Then when you wouldn't look at me and kept apologizing, that shows that you're respectful and considerate of others. Then of course the talent is there and YG wanted you. How can I not think we'll be in the same team?" 

Even in the way he says these words is so charming and mature. 

"Wow, I'm really flattered by your words Seung Yoon and I won't let you and the team down, but to be honest I have trauma with things like this, being in a group and survival programs.I don't think I can deal." I said realizing I'm already opening up to him

He sighs, "It's not always easy trust me, I have to start over too and every day I worry about not debuting, I have to do two things right now and I feel I'm not doing a good job in both, but I keep enduring and stay passionate. You can do it!" 

I look down and nodded 

Seung Yoon looks at the food on the sidewalk, 

"Yahh, I'm really sorry about your food. Here, you can take my food." Seung Yoon said sounding really apologetic 

He hands me a plastic bag filled with snacks and kimbap. 

"OHHH MY GODD! THERE HE IS!!! I FOUND HIM GUYS!" a voice says..

"Hey Minho-Hyung..I need to go..it seems like the fans found me..I need to go back to the building before they surround me. It was nice meeting you..seriously! Enjoy the food and I'll see you soon!" 

and with that Seung Yoon takes his skateboard and dashes into the YG building...

THAT GUY!!! Kang Seung Yoon...what is it about him? I'm usually so cheerful and talkative, but he made me so shy and speechless...this isn't good. How are we supposed to work as a team? I feel awkward...I don't understand my feelings at all.