The New Guy

Different


Seung Yoon's POV:

"Seung Yoon-yah can you go over that verse one more time please?" said the producer.

I nodded, "okay!"

Ughh I knew that was a bad verse!

The song plays over again in that same verse

I sing it with more conviction and emotions. Thinking about the times where I have fallen in love and wanted to just love freely. Life is like that.

"AHHHH THAT WAS PERFECT!" the producer finally said satisfied.

All of sudden we hear....

"YAHHHH I'M IN THE RECORDING AREA!"

Yahh this room is supposed to sound proof! Who is outside?" the producer growled.

We all looked at the window and see a young man peeking through, a very excited young man. I think I've seen him before from somewhere. He must've saw us staring and got embarrassed cuz he turned around and walked away. He must be new, I thought to myself.

"Okay Seung Yoon, we're going to put finishing touches on "Stealer" we just need a little bit and you may play you guitar. After that, you may go on lunch."

"Okay! I'm so hungry! I'll finish this in 15 minutes!" I said putting a thumbs up at the producer.

He scoffed a little bit and said "I believe you when you finish in 15 minutes! If not you owe me kimbap!!"

"Aish!!!! I'll finish this in no time! Just you watch hyung!"

15 minutes past

"YAHHH! You're so accurate Seung Yoon! I hate that you're so good! What more when you do more genres and train more with your group! By the way I heard CEO brought in an underground rapper for your group?"

I got out of the recording room and say down on the couch.

"YES!! his name is Song MinHo! I saw his audition tape! He is a rapping monster! He's so good! The producers will love him here! He has a deep voice, but his English pronunciations are pretty good and his lyrics is poetic and clever!" I said excitedly

I always get excited when new talent comes in! CEO has been raving about this rapper, so I watched his tape and he's so good.

The producer smiles and says, "GREAT JOB AS ALWAYS SEUNG YOON! NOW GO EAT! You have dance practice with the boys later today!"

I grabbed my guitar and walked out.

Bang!! There goes me and my guitar falling on the floor.

"DAMN IT!!" I said out loud looking at my guitar and checking on it.

Who doesn't look ahead when walking down the hallway. I get irritated when people are so careless like that.


I looked up angrily and blurted out,

"Umm hello?! That hurts! Where are you going in such rush like that?! You need to be aware of your surroundings! You can really hurt someone!"

The guy keeps looking down and I noticed right away that it was the same guy who was interrupted my recording session.

Ahhhh he must be new, he must feel so lost..like a fish in a big sea. My anger dissipated just like that.

"I..I'm sorry" the guy finally replied back, his face still looking at floor.

Yeah he's just like a kid who just got dropped off at the first day of school. It's nerve wrecking. I rubbed my elbow again and stood up.

"It's okay, you look new and don't know this place well. I'm not hurt and my guitar isn't broken or anything. So I'll let it slide for now.." I managed to say even though my elbow and is sore from the fall.

He finally looks up, bows, and started apologizing again, but he's still avoiding looking me in the eyes.

He must be really embarrassed or feels bad about bumping into me.

He's babbling right now, something about being late to a meeting with CEO and boom it hits me!

He's the awesome rapper that I saw in the audition tape. This embarrassed guy in front of me is none other than the Song MinHo. I laughed at this situation. How ironic? I was just talking about him with the producer.

Mino seems panicked and nervous as hell. Will he fair well against a very straight forward CEO? I should say something encouraging to him, it must be scary for him.

I chuckled a bit because he reminded me of my first meeting with CEO.

I leaned forward to Mino and said
"Ahh you have a meeting with CEO? You must be his 4:30! It's a pleasure to meet you! Maybe I'll work with you in the near future."

I touched his shoulder as a gesture to comfort him and whispered,

"You better hurry, CEO doesn't like tardiness! And you need to be confident..if you can't even look me in the eyes how can you look at CEO. Just some advice! Good luck!"

He's still a bit frozen and I had no choice, it's almost 4:30 and the poor guy is nervous. I pushed him towards the elevator and pressed level 4, CEO's headquarters.

He turns around and I gave him my brightest smile and finally introduced myself to my new group member. His facial expression is quite funny and cute. Here, I thought he would come in with so much rapper attitude and swag, but he was different. He was the exact opposite from what he looked like. He was nervous and a mumbling dork which is so interesting. It would be fun observing and getting to know this guy. I can't wait to spend more time with him.

I looked at my watch and got happy!

Oh yeah! I have time to skateboard since CEO is busy in a meeting. He won't scold me for skateboarding if he's preoccupied and I can get some food while I'm enjoying me break. I excitedly went to pack my things and grabbed my skateboard.

 

 

*Outside YG building*

"What a beautiful day to skateboard!" I said excited

The warm sun hit my face and the cool breeze was the perfect combination. I felt like I was floating and I just wanted to stay under this warmness.

I opened my eyes and went through the little shops and streets. I finally reached a little food shop and went through the aisle.

"Wow! They have spicy tuna kimbap and ohhh sweet potato! Yahh there's so much snacks and meals here!!" I said to the elderly woman behind the counter.

"OMO! You're Kang Seung Yoon?!" The elderly woman said excitedly.

I smiled back at her and nodded

"Just in time! I just put all of these out! All fresh! Let me feed you! You're so skinny!l she said in a motherly tone.

I laughed and said "But I eat a lot, I just don't gain weight. I've always been like this"

She chuckled, "You must be working so hard in YG huh? How long has it been since you joined? When will you finally debut?"

"ahh it's been about 3 years? I'll debut soon!" I replied back with a smile

"OMO! I worry for young kids like you, being idols isn't easy. Here I'll give you two kimbaps on the house okay? You want the BBQ too?"

"aishhhh you don't have to! I have money!" I gave her cash, but she refused to take it.

"Ahhh! Seriously take my money. I'll feel bad if you don't. " I keep saying to the elder.

"Yahh just make great music and stay healthy. My grand daughter is a huge fan of yours. She saw you in high kick 3 and fell in love." The elderly woman said.

I get shy whenever someone brings up things like that. Being a fan or falling in love with me, it's hard to get used to it. I'm just me and I don't think my personality is so great, but I'm thankful that I have fans since my superstark days.

I bowed and still left money on the counter for the elderly woman. My mom used to run a store and we had problems with debt. That woman must be having the same problems. I can't just take free food and not help her.

I looked through the window at the elderly woman and smiled at her. She smiled warmly and took the money on the counter.

I skated to a near by building that had cool sculptures in front of it and sat down for a bit. Eating the BBQ that ahjumma have me and humming a tune in my head.

"Ahhh! Having a nice and much needed break feels great! Me and the fellas should do this every once in a while after being so stressed during practices." I leaned back on the bench and took in the silence and warm sun.

Finally some PEACE OF MIND...

"NO WAYYYYY! I knew it! I told you it's him!!" A girl voice came out of now where.

I got up and looked to my left, it was 2 girls holding presents. Both shocked and nervous looking at me.

I bowed and smiled at them

They squealed, "yoonie-yah! These...these are for you" said one of the girls handing me 2 bags.

"Wow! You guys are so sweet! Thank you so much! But I have to go back to the studio now." I grabbed the presents, bowed again and smiled at them.

I have to escape before all hell breaks lose.

I hopped on my skateboard and waved goodbye to them.

Whew! That was a close one! I thought to myself.

I turned the corner..

! There's a group of girls nearby the building, but they seem like Big Bang fans. Hmm should I take the risk? I can casually just make a left close to the nearby shop across the street.

I swerved a little bit and pulled my hat over my eyes as I slowly skated in the direction.

Please don't recognize me! Please don't recognize me!


I passed by the first few girls with no trouble and then i see another group approaching. I looked down at the sidewalk trying to avoid them. I'm half way there! One more corner!

All of sudden I hear

"I know that guy! He looks familiar!" A girl says holding a sign. Another girl said "is that Seung Yoon oppa on that skateboard?"

They're still not sure, so I continued skateboarding and once I hit the corner i pumped up my speed, I knew at some point they'll start following me. I see the YG building, I'm almost there!

I was so focused on getting back to the studio that my speed was going faster and I see someone at the curb of the sidewalk eating. I tried to slow down, but the speed was too great.

CRASH, BANG! I fell forward causing the guy to fall forward on his knees. He had food in his hands that scattered all over the sidewalk and his just opened can of soda spilled all over his outfit.

That outfit! Ahhh it's Song MinHo! Oops! His food is all over the floor now. I feel really bad.

"AHHHH! Are you okay?! I'm so sorry! I was skateboarding and they caught me and I needed to get away..." I told Mino as I looked at his condition. He seems upset and hurt, now i really feel horrible.

"YAHHHH!! were you even looking ahead of you?!" Mino yelled while still looking at his food.

He must really be hungry, I thought to myself. I rushed over to him and helped him up and I see drops of blood on the sidewalk. Did I run into him that hard that he scraped his knees?

Mino noticed his bleeding knees and hole on his pants and shouted "Ohh GREAT!" while avoiding eye contact with me.

He seems really upset and annoyed by this incident. I must lighten up the mood!!!

"Ahhhhh! You're Song MinHo!" I said happily

No response

I continued talking to him, telling him how I'm sorry about bumping into him and that he's probably upset about his food being on the ground. I pointed to his bleeding knees and felt so bad. I just wanted to help.

Mino finally looks up and stares at me.

Yahh he's very good looking! For sure he's going to a lady killer in YG and to the fan girls. But he looks shock and dumbfounded again by me being there with him. Why?

There was an awkward silence for about a minute when I decided to start talking again. I can't stand silence.

"Song Minho hyung...Mino-yah?" I asked not sure if he's older or younger than me. I didn't look too much into his information when I watched his audition tape.

Mino scoffed a little bit and said "it's hyung! I'm 10 months older than you!"

I sat down next to him excitedly and smirked, "Did you do research on me or something?"

Mino shook his head and explained that his mom used to watch superstar k and that his sister found me cute.

Aishhhh I really do get shy when I hear such comments. I touched my heart and laughed. But instead of going on about me, I wanted to comfort Mino, he still seemed pretty upset.

"Wow! I'm touched! But to be honest song minho-hyung. I've seen your audition tapes, you're an AMAZING rapper! one of the best I've seen from all the audition tapes. I was actually excited in meeting you. I knew CEO would choose you because you're so good!"

There I said it! I hope it makes Mino feel better, but he still looked shocked.

I pouted and patted his back and told him "Let's do great together in our team! okay?"

He looked at me, and wow! his stare is intense and full of power. Why is he staring at me like that? I just smiled and look back. He looked away from at that moment as if he got embarrassed by something.

"How...did you know that we'll be in the same team?" Mino asked

Ahhh this is the perfect time to tell him how I see great potential in him. I smiled and told him,

"I had that feeling, when I first bumped into you, literally what happened earlier. You seemed so mesmerized and excited by everything and everybody in YG. That's a sign of passion for music. Then when you wouldn't look at me and kept apologizing, that shows that you're respectful and considerate of others. Then of course the talent is there and YG wanted you. How can I not think we'll be in the same team?"

I see a little smile from Mino and he really has a nice smile. It's better than seeing him sad or upset. He should always be smiling.

Mino smiled, but then got a little serious and bit his lips.

"Wow, I'm really flattered by your words Seung Yoon and I won't let you and the team down, but to be honest I have trauma with things like this, being in a group and survival programs.I don't think I can deal." He said while looking down.

I sympathize with him because really is hard having to start over and no less this "project" is going to be really hard.
I gave him encouraging words, it's not always easy! I told him about my struggles as well. Just like that I already felt that I'm getting to know him and vice versa.

He just nodded while
I looked at the ground at his food.

Aish this guy! He must really be hungry, the lady have me so much and I ate half it earlier.

"I'm really sorry about your food. Here, you can take my food." I told him and handed him my bag.

Mino accepted it and looks inside and I caught a little smirk.

I was going to continue talking to him until...

"OHHH MY GODD! THERE HE IS!!! I FOUND HIM GUYS!"

Great!! I knew they would figure out it was me!

Mino seemed to hear the girls scream to and looked at that direction. Aww I really wanted to get to know my new group member. But I have to leave rights now before it gets crazy.

"Hey Minho-Hyung..I need to go..it seems like the fans found me..I need to go back to the building before they surround me. It was nice meeting you..seriously! Enjoy the food and I'll see you soon!" I told him rushing to get my skateboard.

Mino, with his blank and shocked expression just nodded and smiled back at me. What a character!!! I thought to myself as I ran across the street to the YG building.