The First Day

Different

The First Day

Mino's POV:

Today is the first day of training with my new group. I kind of shivered because of all my past failures. I still had those doubts in the back of mind,

What happens if we lose?
Is this really my last chance?
What's the next step if I fail again?

I tried to shake these kinds of thoughts because I always try to stay positive through everything.

"Wow, I'm really going to be a YG trainee and I'm in a team with bunch of talented people. Two, in which I've seen them on survival shows on TV. One, from school and have mutual friends with. Then one member who I haven't met, but I already feel for him and his hardships." I said to myself to calm my nerves.

will they even accept me?
that survival program is just around corner and it seems a bit rushed since I had the least practice with this group. Ughh this !

I walked passed the store where I ran into Seung Yoon yesterday. I can vividly remember his chin dimple and how his eyes sparkles in the sun. I can hear his low chuckle that sounds just as unique and beautiful as his singing.

Wait! Snap out of it Mino!!!
Why do you remember such things?

"Why? That's two times of having such an embarrassing and awkward encounter with him. I'm going to be so uncomfortable with him during practice. He probably thinks I'm so clumsy and weird." I said shaking my head and hitting the pavement with my foot.

I checked in at the door and security nodded and told me where to find TEAM A's practice room.

"WOW, Team A? It sounds so plain" I said half-amused and half disappointed by the lack of creativity.

I finally reached the practice room, a room where I'll be at a lot 24/7 with these guys right inside this room. I'm nervous and anxious.

I took a huge breath and walked in.

I heard a guitar playing and I instantly know who was in the room, I looked at the corner and sure enough there was Seung Yoon strumming his guitar. He seems so focused as if he was composing something. He looked up at me and smiled at me cheerfully.

"Oh Hi Mino-hyung!" He stood and walked over to me. He's wearing a red beanie, A white tank top, and black shorts. His face looks so squishy and I found it cute. I don't know how to explain it.

I nodded and I said "Yes, I'm here. Where are the others?" I asked looking around in the empty room.

Seung Yoon smiles, "Ohh they're coming. They wanted to get some snacks at the corner store before practice. We get quite hungry during practices you know. Come sit!" Seung Yoon sat back down and patted the seat next to him.

I hesitated, "uh, I kind of wanted to look around if that's okay with you. I'm still kind of new in this place." I looked down on the floor still feeling awkward in Seung Yoon's presence.

Seung Yoon seemed a bit disappointed and pouted his plump lips.

He looks..so cute..like a dumpling..

"Ohh...is this because of the 2 incidents that happened yesterday?"

Wow! He's so direct! How can he be so squishy and childish and then become so serious and honest?

I had no choice, but to be honest too.

"Yes, that was kind of embarrassing for me you know?"

Seung Yoon laughs and walked towards me and touched my shoulders.

I'm a little shocked at his sudden touch

"Listen, we all were like that starting out as trainees. I walked into a lot of awkward situations with the sunbaes and it's just funny stories we laugh about later. It happens! So cheer up Mino-hyung! I won't hold it against you! We're starting off fresh!" He pats my back and smiles that cute smirk of his.

Why is he so good at talking? I'm usually great with socializing, but with him it's so weird.

"Mino-hyung! I'll give you a tour of the building so you won't be lost anymore. I know this building like the back of my hand." He sticks out his hands and you know he's a musician. You can see his calluses on the tips of his fingers from playing guitar, but his fingers itself is long and pretty. I also noticed that his hands is a color or white-ish/pink and I find it so interesting.

"Hello! Hyung hyung hyung! You want a tour of the building?" Seung Yoon asks cutely.

What is this? Mature one moment and calling me hyung cutely the next. This kid!

I nodded grungingly, he won't stop.

"GREAT!!" he grabbed my hand excitedly and pulled me into the hallway.

His hands...it's warm, a little rough, but soft at the same time. I'm still in disbelief on how fast just grabbed my hand. He's quite strong for being skinny. But I follow him without no complaints, he seemed so excited.

"Hmm where to start?" Seung Yoon said while still holding my hand.

"Ohh have you been to the YG cafeteria yet? You'll love it there! They serve delicious food!" Seung Yoon said acting like a tour guide! He laughed and yanked my hand towards the elevator.

His smile...is infectious! I can't stand staying annoyed when his cute laugh and smile comes out. What is with this kid? I thought to myself.

"Mino-hyung...hyung hyung!!" Seung Yoon kept repeating like a little kid.

"Whatttt?" I groaned

"What's your favorite food?" He asked

"I love anything, but I can't eat too much. " I replied back sounding sad.

Seung Yoon pouted.

I swear it's the cutest thing. His plump lips just pops out like cherries. What am I even saying?

"Aww why can't you eat too much?" Seung Yoon asked looking very interested.

I sighed, "It's long story, so I'll keep it short and simple. I was chubby growing up and always struggled with my weight. It doesn't seem like it now, but I still struggle with it. I love food too much, but I got turned down a lot by past companies about being chubby. So, I worked hard and was on a strict diet. I also worked out a lot, so that's why I can't eat as much as I want."

He nodded, "Ahh I understand. You look healthy and very handsome. I'm sure the ladies love you." He smirked and punched me on the shoulders.

"Our group is full of good looking and handsome members! Where do I even fall in this category? I'm probably last in the handsome list" Seung Yoon said pouting his cherry lips once again and looking down on the ground.

What the heck is he talking about?! Seung Yoon, this crazy kid! His whole look and personality screams charming and handsome. I don't get his logic. But he just called me handsome. Wtf this guy is making me fall for his charm and I'm straight! I like girls!

"Yah! What do you mean last on the list? Seung..."


"Ahhh We need to get off here!" he said and grabbed my hand again.

I don't know why I get flustered why he touches or grabs my hand. It's a weird feeling, I mean I'm used to hug or be affectionate to my close guy friends. But I just met Seung Yoon and he's just not what I expected. Not at all.

"Hyung!! Hyung? Come on the cafeteria is just down these stairs. Hurry!" Seung Yoon said excitedly like a child.

This kid...I shake my head and follow him to the cafeteria.

I see other trainees eating at the tables and I have to admit it's quite intimidating. I never knew that YG had many trainees that I haven't seen a lot of. They must train and work really hard over here. I feel kind of bad at the same time because I just came in and if our group wins we will debut right away. I can feel the stares, sharp and like knives. It sent shivers down my spine and I try to shake it off.

"Hyung?? Hyung! Minho hyung? Are you hungry?" Seung Yoon asked as I finally came back to reality.

"Huh? Oh yeahh! Of course! Yes!" I said trying to fight with my thoughts

Seung Yoon stared at me and then at the trainees eating at the tables. He smiles "Mino hyung if you're worried about them getting mad at you because you have a chance to debut and not them, please don't stress out about it. CEO is not really good with news or telling us when we'll debut. We all just kind of find our via the internet. It's bad, I know, but that's just how CEO is.. He doesn't tell you right away and he's very condescending sometimes. You'll learn to deal with it. Come..." Seung Yoon said while motioning to come to him.

This kid...is he really a 94liner? He's so mature, but he also has such a playful side. I can't seem to figure him out just yet. But he's kind, kinder than I expected and warm. Just yesterday he seemed so focus on himself, but then he was always there guiding me when I'm just new.

"Hyung? You like spicy rice cakes don't you? If you can't have the whole bowl, we can half it!" Seung Yoon said while looking at the food selection.

I glared at him, he shrunk down and backed up

"Okay, okay...you can have your own bowl don't kill me. Geez! I thought you were being careful with your weight. You do know spicy..."

I cut him off "blah blah...I'm hungry! Let's eat!"

Seung Yoon is such a people person, all the staff and cafeteria staff always greets him and he smiles that warm smile of his at them. He really is loved here even the trainees ask him for advice and tips. That says a lot! I hope that I can learn from him one of these days.

But his popularity is a bit overwhelming because every time we try to talk about something, someone always comes up to him and ask him how's he doing or when he will debut. Goodness! He can't even finish his food.

Finally the last girl trainee left and Seung Yoon was free to eat and free to talk to me.

"Ahhh hyung! I'm soo sorry about that!" Seung Yoon said sincerely. His voice rumbled a little bit in that low tone that made me feel something, but I shook it off.

"Seung Yoon-yah it's okay! You're very talented and nice! I understand! I told him trying to cheer him up.

"So how's the food? I see that you almost clean your bowl and plate already! I have yet to touch mine" he laughs

I didn't notice that the whole time he was having conversations with others, I've been sitting here stuffing my face in amazement and a bit of jealousy. Jealous? Because he was suppose to be MY tour guide and have conversations with me! Why am I getting upset? I probably look like an idiot pigging out in front of my fellow peers.

*ring ring*

Seung Yoon checks his pockets and pulls out his cellphone.

"Ahhhh excuse me for a minute hyung." Seung Yoon said and walked into the hallway.

Here I am alone in the cafeteria, still feeling alone and scared. I'm both jealous of how easily Seung Yoon seems to fit right in and how he got me to open up and get comfortable. I wonder if the others are just as welcoming and warm like him.