The Cockroach Crisis

The Cockroach Crisis

 

 

 

The smell of dampness greeted him, as Junho walked down the stairs to the basement of his parents’ apartment building. With a jar in his hand, he was very focused, a man on a mission. Quietly, he moved around in the dim lighting, until he saw what he was looking for, a big black cockroach, walking across an old desk standing in a dark corner.

“You little bugger…” he muttered under his breath, ready to strike.

The cockroach moved fast, but Junho was faster, and managed to trap it inside his glass jar. The feeling of satisfaction rushed over him, he had achieved his goal. But there was still the risk of losing it. So after finding an old note book in one of the boxes, he ripped out a page of it, and smoothly nudged it under the jar, that was standing upside down on the table with the cockroach trapped inside. When the paper was in place, quickly he turned the jar around, and immediately closed the lid, smiling as he realized he had managed to capture it for good.

 

With a knife, Junho made small holes on the lid, then carefully placed the jar in his backpack, and went back upstairs.

“Did you find what you were looking for?” His mother asked him, as he entered the apartment.

“Yes, I did, thanks for lunch!” he replied, giving her a kiss on the cheek, as he got the rest of his things and left.

 

The day was busy with schedules, but eventually it was over, and Junho couldn’t be happier when he reached the dorm. He was greeted with the tempting smell of food and quickly dropped his backpack to the floor, and hurried to the kitchen.

“Hey Junho-yah” Chansung greeted him casually, standing by the stove, completely focused on his cooking.

“Hey, what’s for dinner?” Junho asked, moving closer and casually sneaking his hand around Chansung’s slim waist, taking a look at what was on the fry pan.

“Squid, it will be ready in a minute.”

 

Soon, they were eating and happily chatting, Nichkhun was in China shooting his drama, so it was only the two of them in the apartment. Junho loved having Chansung’s full attention, they always had so much fun when they were together, just the two of them.

 

But it was already late, so after dinner Chansung went for his shower. Starting to feel excited, Junho got his bag, and went to his own room. There he carefully took the jar out, and sighed in relief when he saw that the cockroach was still alive. He changed into a T-shirt and some sweatpants, and sat down on the bed, impatiently waiting.

 

Chansung’s shower didn’t take too long, and Junho’s heart started to beat faster when he heard the water being turned off. As soon as he heard the bathroom door open up, he yelled:

“Chansung! Chansung-ah!” and the same time he opened up the jar and dropped the cockroach to the floor.

“What?” Still drying his hair with a towel, Chansung appeared in the doorway, wearing sweatpants and a very tight tank top, stopping Junho’s breathing for a while, he just looked so incredibly handsome. Quickly he recovered, and pointed to the floor:

“Chansung-ah! A cockroach!”

“Eung… Where?”

“There! It’s over there.”

Once he spotted it, Chansung casually walked up to the cockroach, picked it up and threw it out the window. 

“Aaah, Chansung-ah, you are so cool… You’re amazing!”

Immediately a smile spread over his maknae’s face at being complimented so enthusiastically.

 

“You seem to be having a lot of cockroach problems lately…”

“Do you think there could be more?” Junho asked worriedly, and then happily watched Chansung as he searched his room high and low for hidden cockroaches.

“I think this was the only one” Chansung eventually concluded.

“Ugh, I’m not sure I’m going to get much sleep tonight… Just the thought of those things crawling over me” Junho said with a pout, looking hopefully up at his friend.

“You can sleep over in my room if you want?”

“With you? No I wouldn’t want to impose…”

“No worries, my bed is big, and it’s important that you get enough sleep.”

“Oh, if you insist” Junho replied quickly, trying to hide the biggest smile wanting to take over his face.

 

After brushing their teeth, they turned off the lights and together they went to Chansung’s bed.

“Goodnight, Junho-yah…”

“Goodnight Chansung-ah” Junho replied, smirking over the success of his plan, and happily snuggled up to the broad inviting chest of his favorite band member.

 

 

 

 

 


Inspired by this: