Epilogue - He wrote back to Hwayoung & SooDae's dubokki confession

Letters to Jersey 99

Hwayoung pulls the door and yells at her grandma, “I won’t be late, I promise!” she closes the door behind her and walk to her right side when suddenly she heard someone deliberately clear his throat. She turns to her back and jump when she saw Minseok is smiling towards her. He walks a bit closer and glances at her slightly.

“What are you doing here?” she asks without hesitation. Minseok blushes and looks at other side, avoiding her gaze.

“You said, that you want me to wrote back.” He starts and Hwayoung frowns in confusion. He looks at the letter on his palm and slowly handed it to her. She looks surprised, but takes the letter anyway.

“You said that you want me to wrote back, so I did.” He said and this time, he looks up and stares at her face. Hwayoung blink and trail her eyes to the letter and then to him.

“Really?” she exclaims. Hwayoung grins and stares at the letter. “My friend will be so happy when she see this!” she continue and grip the letter tightly. Minseok stares at her and felt his heart beat fast. He knows the fact that Hwayoung is beautiful, but he never thought that she will be this beautiful, especially when she’s smiling like that.

Minseok shakes his head and clears his throat. He looks back to Hwayoung who just stares at him questioningly. He looks at elsewhere, avoiding her gaze again. “I didn’t write it to your friend.” He mutters and glances slightly at Hwayoung. Hwayoung frowns and looks back at the letter.

“Then who?” she mumble and stare at the letter. Minseok gazes at her and smiles softly. “I wrote it to you.”

•••

Hwayoung stares at the window glass and trails her eyes to the letter. The bus is moving slowly because of the traffic jam. And Hwayoung hates traffic jam. She will always complain and annoyed the hell out of his parents if they were stuck at a traffic jam. She will do that to on the bus, but she didn’t do that. Instead, she just stares at the letter like a hawk want to catch his predator. She slowly rips the letter and take out a paper from the envelope. She read the notes that Minseok written to her and smiles softly.

To Il Hwa Young,

Do you want to go out with me?

She smiles and stare at the window glass back. She put the letter on her chest and closes her eyes, and without she even realizes it, she dozes off.

•••

Soo Young put the last dubokki in and wipes with a tissue. She ran to the counter and bow to the owner. “How much?” she asks and points her finger towards the table that she sits just now. The man grins at her and said, “40,000 won.”

Soo Young grins and search for her purse in her backpack but found none. She looks at the man and sheepishly grins to him. “Wait a second.” She muttered and continues searching her purse in her backpack. When she was in a middle of searching, suddenly she heard someone says, “I will pay for the food.”

She looks up and blinks when her crush stands in front of him. She blushes and stands a bit away from him. He look at elsewhere and scratch his nape, feeling embarrassed all of a sudden. They glance to each other and sheepishly smile when their eyes meet.

Soo Young glance at him and smile softly to Jongdae. Jongdae too, smile back and slowly, step by step, he stands a bit close from her. She just blushes and look away and Jongdae take this opportunity to whisper something at her ear.

“My name is Jongdae.” He whisper and saw Soo Young nod her head. He grins and whisper “… And I really like you.”

Soo Young stare at him, surprise but at the same time, happy. They stare at each other for a while until Soo Young nod her head and mumble, “I like you too.”


A/N: This is the ending and don't judge me okay. I want all of you to think and decide whether it’s a happy ending or not for Minseok and Hwayoung (but I guess you already know). And no, I’m not going to make a sequel for this. Sorry. But I think I want to make a special chapter.

Goodbye and thanks for taking your time to read this crap T_T