"Wrote back."

Letters to Jersey 99

“This is for you.” She mutter and Minseok looks at her. She raises her eyebrows and Minseok just beam at her.

“Thank you.” He softly said. Hwayoung just huff and walk away. Minseok stares at the letter and smile. It’s been a month since their first meeting, and Minseok will always realize something when she gives him all the letters. Like, she will give him the letters on Monday. And her only words are ‘This is for you.’, and how her face scowled when their eyes met, and when she will raise her eyebrows when Minseok hesitated whether to take the letter or not.

When he knows that actually all the letters that she gave to him is actually to Jongdae, Minseok asks him to keep this as a secret. Jongdae had asked him why, but he just shrugs and says, “Just because.” Minseok didn’t want to admit (or will never admit) that he want to see her every Monday. Yup, he’s in love, with a postwoman named Il Hwa Young.

Minseok smile and want to keep the letter in his bag, when suddenly Jongdae came and snatch it from his hand. He grins and stares at Minseok.

“Mine.” He says while showing the letter and run to God knows where. Minseok wants to call him but then decide to just let him go. He smiles a bit and shakes his head. He continues to do his work that was disturbed by Hwayoung the postwoman and Jongdae the brat-in-love.

•••

Minseok drank his water and look around the field when suddenly someone tap his shoulder. He turn around and a letter shove on his face, as usual. Minseok smile when he saw the usual scowling face when she met him. “This is for you.” She says like she did as usual. Minseok’s smile change into a grin. She starts to walk when suddenly she halted and turn back to face him. He frowns.

“What’s wrong?” he blurt out. Hwayoung sighs.

“Wrote back.” She mutters and goes, leaving Minseok standing there dumbfounded. Minseok trails his eyes towards the letter on his hand and frown. Wrote back? He thought and sits on the grandstand. He stares at the letter for a while and suddenly, an idea comes in. He grins and immediately takes his backpack and without telling his coach, he run away from the field and headed into his house.