Two

Letters to Jersey 99

After that Monday, Minseok doesn’t saw her anymore. She tried to look for her around the school compound (he had seen her name tag and was a bit glad when he found out that she attends the same school with him).

But he found none.

Minseok decides that he should focus more on his soccer practice. He didn’t read the letter anymore. He doesn’t know why, but he felt that the letter does not belong to him. Instead, he felt that the letter are belong to… someone else.

He is walking at the school hallway when suddenly someone grabs his shoulder and spun him around. He widened his eyes when his eyes met with the same girl that always haunts his mind lately. Just like their first meeting, they stare at each other until suddenly the girl shoves a letter in front of his face, just like their first meeting.

It feels like déjà vu.

Minseok slowly takes the letter and stare at it for a few moments, when he heard the girl says, “This is for you.” He looks back to her and raises his eyebrows when she just turns back without even sparing a glance towards him. He gazes at her back and purse his lip.

Weird, but cute at the same time. He thought and observes her.

•••

Minseok dabs the towel on his forehead and look at the others who are running around the field. He observes them and suddenly, his mind fly away to that girl. He always wonders where she is now. What is she doing right now? Is she with her friend right now, writing a letter to him? He glances slightly at his bag and take out the letters.

“Two…” he mutters and sighs. He doesn’t know why, but he really wants her to continue sending this entire letters to him. At some point, he didn’t think that this is her friend’s letter towards him, but instead, her letter towards him.

“Il Hwa…” he mutters the girl’s name. He knows that name since their first meeting, and he tried to remember it since then. “Il Hwa Young.” He whispers and shake his head. He keeps the letters back and sighs softly.

I’m going insane…