Happy Holidays, skulltoki!

EunHae Holidays 2014
Title: Willful Naïveté
Author: [REDACTED]
Giftee: skulltoki
Rating: NC-17 / M
Wordcount: 5413
Warning: guns, mid violence, mafia
Author's note: Happy Holidays most especially to my giftee, skulltoki! I hope you enjoy this fic as much as I have agonized over it. <3 LOVE!
 

 

Willful Naïveté

  

 

  1. swimming with the fishes

 

Whoever said that it will be a breeze after medical school, that person was lying. Or never finished medical school.

The subway barely opened and here he was, trying to hold on to the rail post to keep from falling asleep but god knows he can sleep anywhere. The sleep deprivation is so strong for Lee Donghae. Medical resident, previously bright-eyed youth before he learned that saving lives through medicine was not all the glamour that he thought it to be. He’s thankful for the bright lights inside the carriage, it helps him from sleeping.

That and his usual companion during his early morning commute. To be quite honest, the early morning commute is one of the only bright spots in his current life situation. They don’t really know each other but the frequency of their encounters in the morning brought some kind of silent camaraderie when they exchange nods in the morning.

The man would be sitting in one of the benches while Donghae remains standing for the duration of the train ride. He always gets off before the other and thus, has no idea to where he’s actually headed. Another glaring fact is the ring on his index finger with the pronounced sapphire, a mark of one of the most notorious mafia organizations in the city. Everyone knows well enough to stay away.

He looks very...delicate for a gangster. Sharp jawline, full lips but with sharpened eyebrows over rounded eyes, his pale skin contrasting beautifully with deep red hair. Friends would say Donghae is slow and wasn’t the person you would expect to finish medical school but at least he noticed a gangster who rode the first train with him.

Always dressed in a fine suit and expensive shoes, he sits alert yet relaxed. Donghae gets on the train, they would exchange a curt nod and he would turn back and watch the train zoom past concrete.

But today was different. It felt different the moment he woke up and even more when there were more people in the train. There was Mr. Gangster, a dude passed out on the long benches and two youngsters obviously a little too high strung who he thinks got a little more than blood running in their veins—and probably on the prowl to get more of their supply. They eye the man passed out and the wad of bills peeking out from the inner lining of his soiled jacket and before Donghae’s good (non-existent) senses could kick in, his mouth went off, breaking the silence in the carriage.

 “Don’t even think about it,”

The kids turn on him, their glares heavy and one reaches on the inside of his pocket as Donghae’s throat works up a swallow. He takes a step back as they advance as a switchblade suddenly appears. His mind scrabbles for something to negotiate with and ‘STUPID!!!’ leaps out from his mind so he does what he has wanted to do ever since those first few times he’s been in the first subway train.

He sits down next to Mr. Gangster.

The man blinks, a flash of surprise in his eyes, and turns to the still advancing teens. He shifts a little and the light bounces off his ring. The two kids are frozen momentarily before they back up and silently stew over that idiot with puppy eyes and hangs with a gangster.

Donghae releases his breath and turns to find that the gangster was watching him, a question in his gaze, “Thanks for that,”

“You did most of the work,” He shrugs in reply.

Donghae tilts his head, nibbling on his lower lip. “Thanks, anyway,” They lapse in silence for a minute before he’s back to having no sense with “I’m Donghae, by the way,”

It takes a bit more time until his seatmate replies evenly, “Hyukjae,”

He turns a little to look at Hyukjae, eager for the opening. “Glad to put a name to your face, Hyukjae. What are you up to so early in the mornings?”

There is an instant of something falling into place on Hyukjae’s face as he answers stiffly, “Errands,”

Donghae is not too slow to get that that was off-limits territory for someone who just saved his from a gutting. “Ah. Sounds good. Very underworld stuff. I mean, very clandestine and ninja. Batman. Yeah, batman-like not like against the law kind of thing to do. Uhm...” Donghae rubs his eyes, imagining his friends and his family just shaking their heads as they stare down at him from his coffin when Hyukjae decides to wave his hand and execute him.

Hyukjae hums, amusement evident in his tone, “What about you?”

Donghae’s mouth turns up on one side as he answers, “Hospital duty. I’m a resident enslaved by senior physicians,” Hyukjae nods, a little impressed at how this mousy and seemingly idiotic boy finished Med school. “I know, I know. How could this be the face of a medical professional? I get that a lot,”

The smile that breaks on Hyukjae’s face felt so natural yet unnatural on someone bearing the insignia of the most dangerous group running the city behind the shadows that Donghae couldn’t hide the surprise on his face. “Wow...h—how...how did you get into the Lee Syndicate?” Goddamn it. Donghae is an idiot. A real idiot.

Hyukjae’s fingers tightened even more where it rests on his knee before he released a breath, “Lee Hyukjae,”

Well, at least he didn’t take offense in that question. “Well, my parents have a taco shop...I guess that’s kinda the same thing but not the same same, just that its running under that same vein in terms of what it is to be part of the Lee Syndicate and how my brother or I or both of us will run the Grill 5 Taco Shop.”

Hyukjae has that twinkle in his eye that softens his face and makes him...well, even more attractive. “Yeah, maybe just like that,” Donghae wanted to say something more, or at least get him to keep talking but they reach his stop. The doors slide open and he hastens to his feet, unaware that the two punks also seemed to want to get off this stop. Hyukjae, however, noticed and so took a hold of his hand and dragged him out.

The cooling air in the station jolts Donghae as he realizes Hyukjae has stepped off along with him, leading him up to the exit near the hospital. He decides that he likes the surprising warmth of Hyukjae’s touch. He wiggles his hand in its hold and interlaces their fingers together. It was too soon that they were already at the entrance of the hospital.

The slowly rising sun casts the city in a soft glow that highlights Hyukjae’s hair against the red, gold and orange hues of autumn. Donghae lets out a breath. “I’m sorry putting you through all this trouble, but I really am grateful,”

Hyukjae shakes his head, signifying that it wasn’t much trouble (to be honest, it will mess up his schedule a bit but Junsu can pick him up nearby, he thinks). Maybe it was the presence of this other guy, unexpectedly coming into his isolated bubble with his naïveté that has him reaching for his ring and handing it to him.

“It’s not safe around here for someone as spacey like you,” Donghae falters but manages to catch the ring in his hand and slides it onto his index finger. He raises it to eye level and waves the hand with the ring, singing a line from a song that Hyukjae remembers from when Junsu sang it to Boa when they met with one of the newly-promoted Branch heads named Yunho.

 

“Idiot,” He tells Donghae and the man’s face splits in indignation.

 

“I’d have you know I heard all of your veiled insults and chose to ignore it so we’re all square,” His lips pout adorably and Hyukjae finds himself thoroughly amused this early in the morning, which wasn’t something that happens often.

 

“See you around, Donghae,” Hyukjae starts to turn but Donghae has his elbow caught in his hold, Hyukjae turns and is met with a soft, shy kiss to his mouth.

 

IDIOT. You managed to survive that harrowing subway ride, but you will die now!!!!!

 

So maybe he really is an idiot, Donghae thinks. But it was something about Hyukjae and the way he said his name that made him just up and grab him to plant a kiss on him.

“Uhm...bye, Hyukjae,” his fingers retract their grip on Hyukjae’s elbow uneasily but Hyukjae’s eyes look like pools of rich chocolate and his pale cheeks flushed pink, Donghae thinks it’s quite worth the risk when Hyukjae turns to head to the opposite direction.

“I’ll see you in the subway tomorrow,” the finality of his tone as he turns away is absolute, the sun shining at an angle that highlights his profile especially that finely-sculpted jaw and Donghae knows he won’t be executed by the Syndicate any time soon.

 

 

 

  1. meet your bookie

 

One of the most enduring last song syndrome-inducing songs come from Rihanna. It goes like this: we found love in a hopeless place, we found love in a hope-less-place!!!

For Donghae, that meant the earliest train ride to the hospital.

For Hyukjae, that meant someone he didn’t have to execute after finding out all the information that he could about said person.

It was a gradual progression of being strangers, subway acquaintances and the bold leap thanks to Donghae’s (non-existent) sense of survival, taunting the muggers and sidling up to Hyukjae—and then planting a kiss on said gangster.

Which is why they were at an impasse now—Donghae pouting down at his bowl of bright-coloured breakfast cereal and Hyukjae perusing the day’s newspaper right across him.

“I liked my early morning shifts. You didn’t have to throw your badass mafia weight around to get me moved to an hour that didn’t require zombies!” He stubbornly said as he poured milk over his cereal. “I’m perfectly fine working during the hour when vampires could still be out hunting! I’m perfectly fine—”

“In the first subway train where you reprimanded two muggers carrying switchblades,” Hyukjae answers without bothering to look up.

“Yeah, because I’ll have you with me to keep me safe, right?” There is a hopeful tone in his boyfriend boyfriend boyfriend’s tone.

Hyukjae grunts.

“You didn’t even do anything!” Donghae whines, pointing a milky spoon at him.

“That’s what I said when it happened, didn’t I?” He replies easily, unfazed by a milky spoon. With a proper application of his Physics lessons during his pre-Med years, Donghae knew he could probably impale Hyukjae. But Hyukjae knows Donghae can’t do it. “If it makes you feel better, yes, I would still be sitting in that carriage, involuntarily helping you,”

That seemed to satisfy Donghae since he rounded the table and practically shoved Hyukjae out of his seat to cuddle next to him, jostling the paper out of his hold to open up the cage of his arms. Donghae settles himself on Hyukjae’s skinny thighs, holding on with arms around Hyukjae’s neck, his head finding a comfortable spot in the space between his shoulder and neck.

“I,” Hyukjae begins hoarsely, “want you to meet someone,”

Donghae raises his head, their noses bumping against each other as their eyes level. “Meet? You mean more gangsters?”

“My best friend,” Hyukjae says, no longer defensive when Donghae mentions gangsters casually. “Maybe also another one from the Family. I don’t know, actually.”

Donghae shifts again. “Does it mean I’ll be slowly included into the syndicate?” His smile is winsome and he thinks that being part of the Mafia will make it easier to convince people that yes, he’s a competent doctor and no, his brain isn’t made up of cotton candy but of common sense.

Hyukjae’s eyes harden. “Over my dead body, Donghae. You will never be part of that.” The finality in Hyukjae’s tone kept Donghae from pushing his luck when it was one of the few times he’s seen Hyukjae like this—like how much it mattered that he was not a part of the Syndicate.

 

~oOo~

 

There is an unconvinced look on the bouncer’s eye as Donghae steps up to the entrance, cutting through the throng of people who wanted to get into one of the hottest karaoke bars in the city.

“Seriously, I thought this ring was supposed to be like some magic lamp thingy,” Donghae was wagging his fingers in front of the bulky man blocking the entrance, the other completely unfazed by the supposedly menacing sign of the mafia. “Hey buddy, you got a name? Where do I file my complaint to the human resource department? I wanna see your manager!”

Hyukjae lets out a long-suffering sigh as he emerges from behind Donghae. “We’re good here, Joon-hyung. He’s with me,” He takes Donghae’s still waggling fingers out of Joon-hyung’s face and pulls him after him.

“Ha! Can’t touch this!” There is triumph all over Donghae’s face as he tries to do the Hammerdance as they walk inside the club. The bodyguard could only look back, unsure whether his boss really did have a personality transplant in the three months he’s landed that eccentric boy from the subway.

They march up the spiral staircase leading to the VIP area with Donghae eyeing everything hungrily, like a kid in a candy store, jabbering nonstop about how the Mafia are pretty swanky to have a place like this to cover up their questionable activities. Hyukjae just let him go on and on, seemingly searching the crush of people around them.

They settle by the corner of the VIP area with a bar resting against the wall and tall boy chairs. In the neon lighting of the club, Donghae could make out another man nursing a drink, waving happily to Hyukjae.

“About time, my servant!” He jovially says. His hair runs diagonally down his face, grinning happily. It’s surprising how someone walking around with a stick up his (figuratively, of course) like Hyukjae would end up stuck with this guy—and get away with calling Hyukjae his servant.

He jumps off the stool and shoves a shot of something neon at Donghae, introducing himself as he goes. “Hello! I’m Junsu! You must be Donghae! CHEERS!!!” He links his arm around Donghae and downs the shot in one go while Donghae chokes to finish half. It was like a nuclear reaction on his tongue, thanks but no thanks. Junsu laughs, sounding oddly like a dolphin, while Hyukjae admonishes him with a pointed glare.

Junsu plows on as if Hyukjae haven’t said anything, “Well, aren’t you a sight for sore eyes! Not exactly what I would peg Hyukjae to end up with! Being someone with a rod up the rear! You know! You seem pretty chill and clearly not the type to go for guys like him! But you’re here now! And you live with him! He won’t even let me crash at his place when he first got it! You look very, very innocent too! I heard you’re a doctor! Is that true! That’s so awesome! See! I have this little pain here by my left b—”

“Shut your face,” Hyukjae says dryly, raising his hand and pushing Junsu out of the way. They all settle on the stools and Donghae turns to Hyukjae with an indignant expression on his face.

With the amount of pestering he’s done trying to convince Hyukjae to at least budge about letting him into the Mafia, Donghae finds it surprising that someone like Junsu got in. Junsu who talks as if his sentences end in exclamation points! Junsu who seems to have all parts of his face smiling. Junsu who laughs like a ing dolphin. This kind of comparison makes Donghae want to eat his feelings by stuffing himself with tacos.

“NO,” Hyukjae says evenly, taking a swig from his glass of amber liquid before raising his fingers to brush the bangs away from Donghae’s face, “And that craving for taco can wait, we’ve just had those for dinner and it hasn’t even be an hour since then,”

“What? Who says I want to eat tacos? And what are you saying no to?” To be honest, either Hyukjae was an alien or that he has some psychic serious joojoobees going on.

“You’ve got that petulance on your face when I refuse to let you in the Family—which makes you want to eat tacos because they can make you feel better.” Hyukjae replies easily, tapping the side of Donghae’s nose thoughtfully.

Junsu, watching all of that play out, exclaims in awe. “DUDE. You are totally whipped,

“Oh, you,” Hyukjae’s denial is answered by hearty laughter. Hyukjae’s ego deflates when the laughter continues for a good few minutes. Donghae’s lips thin but the smile evident on his face either makes Hyukjae want to stuff his head into the ground or kiss that self-satisfied smirk away—regardless of the place.

“You act just like Yunho! Totally whipped,” Junsu adds, roaring in laughter, “Down for the count, Lee Hyukjae. Unless you suddenly grew psychic joojoobees and learned how to read minds! Here! Here! Do you know what I’m thinking?”

“I didn’t know you could even think,”

“HA-bloody-HA-HA! You think you’re so smart, servant,” Junsu replies as Donghae watches them fall into what seems like age-old best friend banter. Junsu was about to start saying something again when a man came over behind Hyukjae.

“You’re wanted,” Hyukjae’s mouth sets into a grim line as he shakes his head, signalling the man to step away. “Hyukjae,” The warning tone was more than enough of a message. Of course, the whole interaction is lost on Donghae. See how hard it is to be out of the loop of Mafia-speak when you’re in a relationship with one?

Hyukjae leans forward, places a hand on Donghae’s nape and squeezes gently, his breath gusting in his ear with an “I’ll be right back,”

“I’ll be here,” Junsu adds without waiting for Hyukjae’s request to watch over Donghae while he’s gone. They follow as Hyukjae descends the spiral staircase before Donghae turns to Junsu with a complaint ready to fall from his lips, “Hyukjae can be—”

But Junsu was ramming towards him full force, enough to tackle him to the ground and as they struggle, the world fades into black.

 

 

 

  1. an offer you can’t refuse

 

“It’s always more fun when they put up a fight,” Donghae hears the laughing tone of someone else on one side as he struggles with the tight hold he is in. They put a bag over his head, like in a goddamn mafia torture scene from James Bond (eyeroll here), and are now dragging him to somewhere else.

“OW!” He recognizes Junsu’s voice and turns his efforts towards that side of his body. “You kicked my shin!”

“Next time, I’ll be kicking your micro!” He says in reply and loves the way the other guy laughs at Junsu.

“As if you know a thing about es,” Junsu grumbles.

“If you haven’t noticed, I’m gay and a doctor, so yes, I know my way around es,”

“Yeah? Then you probably only ever played with small ,” Donghae feels the cold wind blast all around him and the ground levels. They’re probably taking him out somewhere. To freeze to death, maybe?

“Size doesn’t matter, I’ll remind you that Hyukjae is a phenomenal dancer,”

Junsu chokes, “Eugh! That’s ing gross!” Donghae lets himself be shoved inside a car, the interior warm, Junsu jostling him to move. Riling up Junsu keeps his fears at bay.

“Did you know he dances so well? Let me tell you, I have seen him do this thing with his hips that shows of his di—”

Donghae feels the pressure of something rounded press against his temple and the gun’s safety being pulled. “I do not want to hear anything anymore. From both of you.”

“Whoa, you need a chill pickle,”

“I hate repeating myself,”

There is an audible gulp from Junsu and Donghae. The man next to them pulls the gun back and settles on the seat. Donghae decides it’s not so fun being on the other side of all this mafia business after all.

~oOo~

 

The bag is pulled from his head. He expected a single bulb hanging over him, in a dank room or maybe tied to a chair in a warehouse.

They were in the hospital’s parking lounge.

He is seated next to a man with hair falling like a curtain around his face, eyes like a cat’s, chin resting on his steepled fingers.

“Lee Donghae,” He says evenly, looking off to the distance. “So it’s true what they say,”

“You’re in the Family? This is the Syndicate’s scheme?! Junsu—You—How—what—Hyuk—” Donghae splutters, not expecting that this attempt at kidnapping him was from within the Syndicate.

““I think you already know what this is about,” the stranger continues as if the statement before that was meant to have a long pause until Donghae started his incoherent babbling.

“My ‘welcome-to-the-Lee-Syndicate’ party?” Donghae says with the usual perkiness to hide the tightness he feels in his throat.

“Also true that you really are stupid,” He stretches back to rest against the bench, slinging an arm over the back, crossing his legs and tilting slightly but never looking at Donghae. “This isn’t about you, really, so no hard feelings.”

Heechul-hyung,”

Donghae’s head snaps back so fast and sees the muted fury on Hyukjae’s face. Ah, so this is Heechul. The advisor to the Boss with a capital B, Lee Soo Man. Considered as the third most powerful man in the Syndicate, he was equally intimidating up close.

But Donghae remembers Hyukjae mentioning something about a certain penchant for Anna from Frozen, cosplaying Neon Genesis Evangelion’s Asuka for Halloween and having a rare breed of cat called Heebum which he has been doting on for years. Nevertheless, Heechul hides it well enough, he figures.

“Took you too long to get here,” Heechul says, unfolding from his seat, “Don’t worry, Donghae’s in one piece,” Hyukjae’s face contorts in anger, brows crossing, chest heaving from reigning in his anger. “Don’t look so mad, I took care of him.”

“Leave him alone,” Hyukjae spat, striding forward and pulling Donghae tightly to his side.

“He’s the chink in your armor. You’ve been bred with ice in your veins but he will make you bleed,” Heechul says sagely, “The eyes of the enemy have always been with you. You know better than to let your weaknesses show. You have been duly advised.” He cants his head to the side before walking away and into the car Donghae arrived in.

As the sound of the engine dies and silence takes over, Hyukjae pulls him forward, enveloping him in his strong arms, holding fast and tight.

“I was so scared when I lost you in the club, I thought—” Hyukjae’s voice breaks and he clears his throat, “Don’t ever do that again, you idiot,”

Donghae registers the underlying meaning of his gruff words. He raises his arms and rubs Hyukjae’s back. He closes his eyes and feels a cold trail form on his face. The shock wears of and he is in tears, too panicked and scared from what was supposed to be a fun night.

“I’m so sorry,” Hyukjae says, pushing him away to cup his face in his hands. “You’ll be alright. We’ll be alright.” He brushes the cold tips of their noses together, nuzzling into Donghae’s serenely smiling face. “Please tell me it will be alright.”

Donghae can only nod, warmth spreading from his chest. “Everything is alright.”

They kiss, chaste and sweet, slow and sensual.

It was all right.

 

 

 

  1. make your bones

 

Hyukjae breaks the silence as they ride the elevator up to his penthouse.

“I’m really sorry, Donghae,” He couldn’t bear to look at Donghae and concentrates on the fuzzy reflection against the chrome facade of the elevator. “I should have stopped while I could. I shouldn’t have pulled you into this—this world I’m in,”

Stepping closer to Hyukjae, Donghae cups his face in his hands, urging him to met his gaze. “Nothing, nothing, will change. At least, for me. I’m with you because of YOU. If I break up with you, it will probably because you ed up real good next time but I doubt that happening.”

Hyukjae gives him a weak smile but shakes his head, as if signalling Donghae with their relationship’s imminent demise, “You’re just biased about what you see,”

“I’m just forgiving,” He kisses him sweetly, “Someone has to, since you can’t,”

Hyukjae replies with another kiss and soon they are pulling at each other, close but not enough. The elevator halts and opens and they stumble into the foyer, Donghae’s grip on Hyukjae tight as their lips and tongues meld.

Donghae pushes him against the nearest wall, clawing at Hyukjae’s clothes. Maybe being together this way will banish the doubts Hyukjae has about him, about them. He cups Hyukjae’s crotch, rubbing rhythmically, the groan coming from the other man pushing him to slip his hand in the still-buttoned jeans. Hyukjae shoves him  away and fumbles to open his fly and free his . It bobs up, the tip glistening with pre-.

Mouth watering, Donghae drops to his knees and takes the flared crown in his mouth while working his fist up and down the length. Hyukjae writhes, the cool fingers a counterpoint to Donghae’s hot mouth, kicking his legs restlessly as Donghae settles himself on his knees, fluttering his tongue on the sensitive tip before taking him deep.

“Ah, Hae,” Donghae releases his to pull his pants off. Hyukjae leans forward to cup Donghae’s face and kiss him on the mouth, the lingering taste of him mixing with Donghae’s own flavour. Breaking away briefly, he takes Donghae’s hand to pull him up with the goal of getting to the bedroom.

The attempt was futile as Donghae reaches out to his balls from behind, in between his legs. “Damn you,” He hisses as he turns to face Donghae who has a triumphant smirk on his face. Hyukjae reaches for Donghae’s pants, wanting to expose him the same way that he is. They frantically shuck off their clothes and shoes, colliding against each other in their haste, sinking to the carpeted floor, rolling on top of each other.

Hyukjae is on his back and Donghae looms over him, taking his ankles to spread his legs wide as he bends down to put Hyukjae’s back in his mouth, humming tunelessly to increase stimulation. Bending down further, Donghae along the ridge of his taut sac.

“I can’t be in this without you,” Hyukjae breathes through the lust fog he thinks he’s in. “Turn your way over here,” Without stopping, Donghae manoeuvres himself above Hyukjae. Slender fingers wrap around his hardening and Hyukjae raises his head to tongue the pucker of his . Donghae gasps in surprise, loving the moist heat of his lover’s tongue with his lush dark kiss while his length.

Fighting the onslaught of sensation, wetting his index finger, Donghae reaches beneath Hyukjae’s balls to equally stimulate his while his other hand jacks off Hyukjae’s . As his opening flowers open, he pushes his finger in slowly, loving Hyukjae’s sudden shout as he massages that spot inside Hyukjae that makes his thighs quiver, noting how his lengthened and hardened further. Taking the head of his again and beginning to earnestly draw him in with rhythmic pulls, Donghae presses into his prostate again. Hyukjae jerks and soon, Donghae could taste Hyukjae in his tongue, drinking him down until he is spent.

“God, you’re amazing,” Donghae’s heart flutters as Hyukjae lies on the floor of this penthouse, looking so sated with a smile on his face. He smiles so rarely, it was a joy to see a genuine expression in his normally closed off face.

“Stay there and collect your brain for a bit,” Donghae dips his head and places a chaste kiss between Hyukjae’s eyebrows before getting up (to probably hunt around for lube).

Returning to Hyukjae’s side, he mouths the sharp corner of Hyukjae’s jaw, hands running across Hyukjae’s torso. Reaching lower, he find Hyukjae half-hard and he can’t help but giggle. “You’re too optimistic, Mr. Lee,”

Hyukjae huffs, “Don’t sound so pleased with yourself,” He stretches to reach Donghae’s with one hand while his other hand lazily gestures for Donghae to lean forward. “Seems like I’ve been neglecting you tonight, huh?”

“Mmhm...I’m sure you’ll make it up to me, ah yes,” His his tugged impatiently and he feels the pleasure strike near his belly.

“You’re quite right so let me help you with that, darling,” Hyukjae cups his balls and lets his middle finger tap Donghae’s perineum. Thinking it was his turn to be on the floor, Donghae is surprised to find Hyukjae rolling face down.

“Wha—”

“It’s your turn,” Hyukjae’s eyes are dark pools, heavy with emotion. Donghae knows how much this means, how far Hyukjae is letting him take over him. He knows the privilege of this gesture—the freedom at which he owns Hyukjae’s body as well as his heart.

Taking a deep breath, his fingers scramble for the lube. Rolling a on himself, he wets himself with one hand while the other massages Hyukjae’s with more lube, he positions himself behind Hyukjae, appreciating the way his red hair is brushing by his shoulders, the alabaster skin a nice contrast to the deep red.

Resting the head of his by Hyukjae’s opening, he grips Hyukjae’s hips and presses down. The man below him takes a deep breath and at the same time as he exhales and opens, Donghae pushes himself in. There is a strangled moan caught in his throat as the sensitive crown is engulfed in that dark sensuous heat.

Hyukjae shifts a little while Donghae circles his hips, creating such delicious friction between their bodies. He feeds his in slowly until he is fully sheathed inside Hyukjae. He clenches his jaw to keep the urge of coming, of ending this prematurely.

Hyukjae bends his knees and arches his back, taking Donghae deeper into him. There is an insistent pressure in that spot inside him and he rocks backward and forward. Donghae curses and begins controlling the speed and depth of their movement, growing restless.

The sound of their skin slapping against each other, their names being gasped and moaned along with their harsh breathing created a symphony in the quiet of this house—this home that they’ve made for each other in the short but meaningful time together.

The insistent pressure by the base of Donghae’s builds and he finds himself pushing and pulling at Hyukjae with more force, the sounds coming from the man bent before him more pronounced and then—a blinding flash of light, he feels his heart skip a beat, his mind blank and clarity, strong and sure settles around him as his limbs grow heavy with liquid desire.

They collapse in a tangle of limbs with Hyukjae pulling him in, pressing his face against the crook of Donghae’s shoulder, hands restless, trying to catch Donghae’s energy, his strength, his heart into his hands and hold it down, keep it within his arms for as long as Donghae allows him.

He is Lee Hyukjae, next in line to the country’s most powerful Mafia. He was power and will, fortified man in the eyes of many.

He is Lee Donghae, soft-hearted and willfull naivete. In his hands he brings patients to cure or is the warmth before the cold of death.

For Lee Hyukjae, Donghae is the solace in the ice fortress, the warm hearth to rest his world-weary soul.

For Lee Donghae, Hyukjae was the epitome of survival, a modern shadow warrior who will even stop Death should he wish it.

Together, they are home. They are Family.

“I love you,” Donghae mumbles beside Hyukjae’s ear. He feels Hyukjae still.

They shift and Hyukjae pulls back, meeting his fearful gaze at that bold declaration, “And I, you.”

A kiss to seal the negotiation.

Welcome to the Lee Syndicate.

Welcome to the Family.

 

DAS ENDE.

 

~oOo~

 

a/n: woop there it is. So first things first, all my knowledge was based on my repeated readings of novels by Mario Puzo. I realize that Korean culture of gangs and mafia are a bit different from what I used in my story.

ANYWAY. HAPPY HOLIDAYS! To my giftee, once again, I hope you had a blast with this (because I did). J

Fun fact: My former professor back in Busan are neighbours with high-standing mafia men (or so they say huehuehue)