Are you ever positive?!

Empty

"What happened today in class?" My principle, who called me up to his office during science class, asks in a stern voice crossing his arms.

 

"What do you mean?" I ask, raising my eyebrow. What happened was the teacher wasn't on my good side today that's what happened .

 

"You know what." He says sternly. 

 

Yes Hoseok. You know what, he coos in a evil tone. 

 

"No. I don't." I reply to both of them.

 

"The teacher told me everything." He says, with a slight shake of his head. "Are you having problems at home that are making you misbehave here in school?" 

 

No the .

 

I beg to differ Hoseok. His voice comes off as a snarl that shakes my whole body completely.

 

Shut up now!! I'm tired of you! I yell back.

 

Hoseok. Another voice says, a female voice which speaks fast but none the less creepily.

 

What do you want? I ask, trying to focus on the principle.

 

"No sir. I'm just not having a great day is all. I'll apologize to my teacher immediately. " I reply carefully, watching his face light up with a smile.

 

No the fuck you won't. They both say in union. It sounds like the wind blowing on a cold night, with a hint of someone scratching at a chalk board. It's enough to make anyone go insane.

 

I know. But I'm never gonna be let out if I  didn't say that.I say to them with a slight shrug, not noticeable for the principle to see.

 

"Good. Now that's my boy! " He says cheerfully, a huge smile on his face. "Your free to go to lunch."

 

"Okay...." I say in a small voice, getting up. My stomach growls and I wince. I haven't eaten in about three days and my mom's starting to get concerned.

 

"Ah wait Hoseok," he calls as soon as I reach the door. I turn back to look at him and know exactly what's gonna happen next. "Have you been eating lately? You look rather pale... and almost... skinner then the last time we talked."  

 

No sir I haven't. She says with a cackle.

 

Shut up!!!  You guys ever go away?!

 

We left you the past few days to help you relax a little. But we are back now, She says, and I can almost see her crooked smile in my head.

 

"Hoseok?" He's getting up now, but never taking his mind off me.

 

"Huh? Oh yeah I've been eating fine." I reply with a nod, not even mustering up a believable smile.

 

"Come here son, step on this for me please" He says, grabbing something out from under his desk and placing it in front of me. A scale. Oh your so dead now, he says with a laugh.

 

Haven't I been dead this whole time? I reply bravely, stepping onto the scale with a small creaking sound. The room, and my head go silent, waiting for the grey numbers to rack up and tell me my weight. After a few deafening silent seconds the scale finally beeps. My heart sinks. Fat she says.

 

"Come on" He says, grabbing his backpack, which he carries around with him everywhere, and slinging his back.

 

"Where are we going?" I ask, scrambling to follow as he exits the door.

 

"Teachers lounge. There's a ton of food in there." He says, slinging his arm around my shoulder as he leads me down the hall past the front of office.

 

"No really I'm okay" I say, slightly trying to get out of his grip.

 

"Your severely under weight. You need to eat." He says quickly so no one heard him, opening the door to the teachers lounge for me.

 

As soon as we enter I feel out of place. The teachers lounge is huge, with couches, a tv, a soda machine, pizza boxes on the large table off to the side, but most importantly, is filled with teachers chattering and lounging on the couches.

 

They all look up and smile at the principle, welcoming him. They haven't noticed me hiding behind him yet, and I hope they don't. But they do.

 

Well maybe if you were thinner they wouldn't have seen you! She snarls at me. 

 

You know I've been trying to lose wait  don't pester me! I yell back.

 

Your not trying hard enough!

 

"Sir, children aren't allowed in here." One of the male teachers, a history teacher, says. He nods solomly before speaking in a slow, smooth voice.

 

"Yes I know. He's a special occasion though." He says with a small smile, leading me away from the shrugging teachers who go back to their conversations almost instantly.

 

Special? Yeah right. More like worthless. he roars with a laugh.

 

My heart skips a beat as the principle hands me a plate with a huge slice of pepperoni pizza on it. I smirk before speaking up.

 

"But sir I'm allergic to pepperoni." That's such a lie, they both say.

 

Yeah and? I say back. 

 

Fair enough. She says quietly.

 

They shut up after that. I win. 

 

"Oh. Oh no no don't touch that then!" He says quickly, snatching the plate of the table.

 

I silently laugh along with them  as we watch him scramble to find something else for me to eat. I smile as a loud roaring sound blasts over head. Saved by the bell.

 

"Sorry sir but I have to go to class." I say smugly, quickly taking my leave. As soon as the students appear in the hallway they disappear into classrooms, leaving me to walk alone in the hall.

 

I arrive late to class, but the teachers back is turned to me while she talks on the phone, so I'm able to slip into my seat unnoticed. 

 

"Ah Hoseok, yeah he just came in. Late, but he's here yes" she says, glancing at me.

 

Damn it. I think to myself.

 

So close!! He yells in my head.

 

I know! Ugghhhhh. 

 

She puts the phone down and beckons me over, then starts the lesson for the day.

 

"Hello?" I say, quiet enough so only the person on the other like can hear me.

 

"Hey babe, I'm at the front office to pick you up, but just tell the teacher your going to the bathroom and hurry up here." She says quickly, equally as quiet. I hang up the phone and grab my backpack from the floor, writing the teacher a note before quickly walking out of class.

 

I walk down the empty dim hall with the sound of my feet making soft thump sounds as I go. Entering the office to see my mom talking to the principle is not what I wanted to see.

 

They both look at me as I enter the office with my head down, trying to avoid contact with them.

 

Oh your so in trouble, she yells.

 

Eh, what's the worst thing that could happen? I say to her with a shrug. 

 

Uh. Everything! She yells back matter of factly, a shrill roar which makes my legs go weak.

 

"Come on" My mom says with a sigh, offering the principle a sad smile before gently taking my arm and walking us out of the office.

 

"What's going on?" I ask, climbing into the front seat of our car and watching her carefully.

 

She puts the keys in the ignition and pull away from the school, humming quietly to herself.

 

"I have some errands to run, and I wouldn't be back in time to pick you up from school so I thought, why not just take you out early?" She says, glancing over at me with a small toothless smile.

 

"Oh... okay" I reply, looking out the window.

 

"I um..." she pauses, turning on her blinker and looking in the review mirror. 

 

"Yea mom?" I ask, looking over at her patiently. It's only then that I notice the state she's in. Her cheeks and noise are red and puffy, eyes glazed over with dark circles.

 

"Mom are you okay?" I ask carefully.

 

Does she look Okay? he asks coldly. 

 

Shut up. I say back.

 

"Oh yes sweetie it's ju-" she lets out a creaky hiccup sound and her bottom lip quivers."Your father he, um. He can't come home for another month and.. He might not be able to walk again... he had surgery but.. the doctor says he doesn't know what will happen in the future..." she says, tears now streaming down her face.

 

"Oh mom it'll be okay"

 

No it won't. He says to me, what annoys me is that he never helps in any situations. 

 

Are you ever positive?!

 

Let me ask you a question Hoseok. Why do you think I'm here? He asks, and for once I actually don't know what to say. Why is he here? It's a mystery.

 

"Where are we going? " I ask, confused because our surroundings look so familiar, yet.... so far off from where we should be.

 

"I moved your appointment up with Mr.Kim. By the time you guys are done with your season I should be done with the errands." She says, pulling into the therapists offices parking lot. 

 

"Oh. Um Okay." I reply, hoping out of the car. She rolls the window down and I lean to see her face. 

 

"He's expecting you, just knock on the door. Have a good session hun. "

 

"Bye mom, love you." I reply. 

 

"Bye son, love you too. I'll see you in a little while." She says and I nod. I watch as her car disappears in the distance, leaving me alone with the cold wind, and my voices. 

__________________________________________

Hey guys!!! I just wanted to say a few things. Sorry for the grammar mistakes. I love when people comment on my stories so please comment on this one and go read my others cause I would love to hear what you guys think. I'm sorry if the adding the voices made the story bad :( but I hope you all still like it. I made the girls voice pink because with the two voices it would kind of get hard to tell them apart. If you haven't guessed what the two voices represent yet, I will be telling you in the next chapter so please look forward to that. 

Thank you everyone who has read, up voted,subscribed, commented on, or has ever messaged me about my stories. It means so much to know that people actually enjoy the things I write. I write because I love it, and so it makes me really happy to know that others do to and that they appreciate my writing. 

(If u have any guesses on what the voices represent comment down below.)

My main worry is that I ruined the story by adding the voices.

Look forward to the next chapter!!!