He

Empty

"Why didn't you do your homework?" My teacher asks a girl near me. It's a cold Monday morning, most of us are to tired to care about what the teachers teaching, but the teacher insists that we participate in the lesson, which means most of us answer wrong because we could just honestly couldn't care less. 

 

I don't hear the girls answer, only the teachers feet shuffling away from the girls desk to the next victim kid.

 

To bad the next kid is me. In a matter of two seconds she's behind me with her arms crossed.

 

"Hoseok. No homework again? " she asks, tapping her foot. I just shake my head, not sparing her a glance.

 

"What happened to you?! You were such a good student, and now you don't turn in homework or class work, for what?" She yells, gaining everyone's attention. Calm your lady!!! I think to myself with a small cough, slowly looking up to see angry expression. "All you ever do is sit around and day dream about God knows what!" She yells, knocking the text book off my desk with her furious gestures. Don't bring god into this, I think, rolling my eyes which she apparently sees.

 

"Did you just roll your eyes at me?" Her words pack a tough punch but don't effect me one bit. I can feel the other students fear though. 

 

"No ma'am." I say, my dry lips and looking at her.

 

"Denying it and giving me attitude okay." please, the only person giving attitude is your old wrinkly , I think to myself, shaking my head. "Get a blank piece of paper- No actually," she stops, grabbing the kid next to me's notebook and ripping a piece of paper out sloppily. She slams it down on my desk, grabbing my pencil from my hand are starts to write, mean while the class is completely silent.

 

She scribbles on furiously. Finally, done, she hands me the paper and my back pack from off the floor and takes the paper I had been working on, throws it in the trash and turns back to face the class, expression hardening. 

 

"Hoseok. Outside now. I still be calling your father to tell him how your misbehaving today," she says, pointing to the door. I get up and slam the chair into the desk, rushing out of the room but not before yelling. "GOOD LUCK WITH THAT HE'S IN THE HOSPITAL." I slam the door hard behind me and plop down on the floor, letting out a deep breath.

 

The schools rule of only calling the father is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard in my life. The school thinks because fathers are the men in the house that they should only be notified and given "authority" to discipline their child when misbehaving. 

 

Slowly but surely the classroom comes back to life with noise and the teachers music which she always plays pours out of the speaker on her desk. I should apologize, but I'm not going to. She has no right to yell at me like that. And to knock my text book off the desk, got me ed up if she thinks I'm gonna be showing her any respect anymore. 

 

I grab the paper she wrote on and begin to read her sloppy, inky cursive. With every word my anger spikes.

 

I will not disrespect my teachers or anyone else in this school because I am low, excuse me grandma? You don't know me how dare you call me low, and have no right to ever talk to anyone, younger people included, the way I talked to my teacher today. I'm irresponsible and immature and should apologize immediately, hell no I will not, because what I did was wrong. I will never disrespect my teacher ever again and if I do I will take the consequences whatever they may be because I deserve the punishment.

 

I snicker to myself, crumbling up the paper and begin to bounce it off the walls, bored. I wonder if my dad's okay..... I haven't heard from since the night he left for America. He's probably sitting in a hard white hospital bed, ugly green gown with nothing to do but wait until time passes.

 

Do I miss him? Yes. Do I love him? Of course. Would I get beat if he knew what just happened with my teacher? Most definitely.

My parents aren't abusive, no. My mom will usually leave the room for a few minutes if I upset her, but my dad... oh my dad. He will throw whatever the hell is in his hands at me, will yell whatever comes to mind first no matter how hurtful the words, and will not hesitate to take away everything I own if I piss him off even in the slightest. 

 

When I was younger I never got in trouble, and even now I don't get in trouble. There are two things however that always effect my life. Grades, and chores. If I don't do one of the two then I'll get a slipper, a spoon, a news paper, a paper towel roll, anything and everything thrown at me. Luckily enough for me when my mom gets mad enough and throws stuff, it always misses. Unfortunately when my dad throws stuff, 1 out of 10 times it misses.

 

I never really get to see my dad anymore, ever since he started his new job he's always on business trips, or at major meetings, or just simply gone. My mom sometimes questions if he's even working, but I know that he is. He would never cheat on my mother, and he doesn't have dude friends he hangs out with, and he makes a ton of money from the trips he goes on so it's all okay. 

 

I just wish I got to see my old man more often. I really do miss him. I couldn't even say the last time we spent actual time together. The times he took me to work and I had to sit under his desk all day with nothing to do because his bosses were in the office (this was at his old job) don't count as us spending time together. Many times has he forgot I was with him and left me locked in the office under his desk during lunch breaks, only to repeatedly apologize when he realized what he had done.

 

He's not a bad person, just untidy and doesn't really remember things well. But it's okay. I love him anyway. 

 

The bell rings and I sigh, kids rushing out of the classroom and almost trampling me. Our teacher steps out into the hallway once the kids disappear and stands holding the door open, motioning for Me to enter the classroom once again. With a huff I shift my backpack onto my right shoulder and stand walking through the door, leaving the crumpled ball of standards undone on the hallway floor.

 

My teacher shuts the door behind her and I take a seat at the closest desk, dropping my backpack at my feet.

 

"Hoseok..." she starts carefully, inspecting me. 

 

"Yes?" I ask, looking above her at the clock directly behind her but give the appearance of looking at her.

 

"What's gotten into you lately? " she asks with a slight shake of her head, her hair bouncing as she does so.

 

The hell if I know! I think to myself.

 

You've changed Hoseok. The voice in my head says, a deep and creaky, old slow voice that sends shivers down my back whenever he speaks.

 

No I haven't. I argue back.

 

Oh. But you have. Your more rebellious. He says.

 

I.... I'm a teenager what do you expect?! I yell back. My teachers talking but I don't know what she's saying.

 

It's not that. He says with a twisted, sick laugh. 

 

Oh yeah then what is it? I say back harshly, trying to focus on what my teachers saying, but the haunted voice only I can hear is more then just a little distracting.

 

You know what it is. I control everything you do. See everything you see and speak everything you speak. You can't hide anything from me Hoseok, the way he says my name makes me want to throw up, You can't run from me.  I am you, you are me. I know everything.

 

Shut it you!!!!  I yell back, almost snapping but not quite. This is what he wants.

 

Tsk Hoseok.... you talk back to me know, just wait and see what I can do....... his voice echos throughout my ears. 

 

I'm scared. So scared. I can't say anything, can't do anything but look at my teacher who's staring at me expectantly. And instead of saying anything, I do the one thing I feel would be best in this situation. Get up and walk away.

_____________________________________________________

Thanks guys!! I hope you like it. Sorry for any grammar mistakes. I love when people comment, it means so much to me!!!! Please go read my other ststories and comment as well, and sorry if it kinda was slow to update. Thank you everyone who's commented so far and I just, really hope you like it!!!!

P.s okay all of Dark and Wild is like damn but I've been listening to Cypher pt.3 all day, ah Yoongi, And Hoseoks voice ah!!!! I love them all so much.