Chapter 7

No Going Back

I held my plane ticket tightly in my hand, Sarah and her family had already helped me check in my 3 bags and get set. All that was left was for me to board the plane and be on my way to South Korea.
"I'm gonna miss you Ji," Sarah hugged me, I noticed she had tears in her eyes. "You know, you're going to miss starting school, ack, and you look so good when you dress like a boy, I'm so jealous." She punched my shoulder softly and started to cry.
"Oh hey..." I patted her head, "it's ok, I think you'll live with me being away for a few months."
"You're coming back in how many months again?" Sarah's mom had beautiful brown hair. If I could trade my hair with ANYONE I would trade it with hers.
"Well, I think I'll be staying for half a year..." It was going to be a long time away from home and my friends, I hadn't relalized it earlier, but now it made me sad.
"We'll miss your birthday then," Sarah's dad looked like one of those stereotypical Germans, blonde hair, blue eyes, tall, broad shoulders, it was funny because sometimes he'd talk loudly and sound like he was speaking German. I watched as he pulled out his wallet and handed me an unknown amount of cash.
"Oh, you don't have to do this." I tried to give it back, but he waved it away.
"It's from all of us," he set his hand on my head. "Good Luck, Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday. This is for that, so accept it and make your trip irregretable." He smiled and removed his hand.
"Thank you so much," I felt a vibration in my pocket. I pulled out my phone and saw my alarm go off saying 'time to go, time to go.' "Looks like it's time to go..." We'd all taken pictures and made sure I had personal info on me, after I got on that plane, there'd be no going back.
"Stay in touch ok?" Sarah wiped away her tears.
"Hey, it's not like I'm going to North Korea," I laughed.
"That's not funny, don't joke about that," but she laughed too.
I waved goodbye and started my way to the docking hangar. 'When you get here we'll send someone to get you at the airport.' Ok grandpa... I'll hold you to your word.
                                  .                                  .                                     .
It was a bustling place, Incheon Int. airport, I never expected it to be this crowded, but I couldn't waste time gawking at pretty faces, I held onto my bags and started to look for the person my grandfather sent for me.
“Go Ji Hyun,” I saw someone holding the sign with my name on it outside the airport line exit.
I held tight to my luggage and rushed towards my sign. The person holding it was short, but not old. I approached him and bowed, "Hello, I'm Go Ji Hyun."
He bowed back to me, "I'll be taking you to Go household." He folded up the paper sign and started to lead me through and out of the airport to a car he had waiting outside.
"Um, what is it like, at Go household?" I asked once we were in the car. It was awkward trying to talk to this guy. He may not have been old, but sure acted like it. He seemed to act wise about things though he looked to be only 40 years old.
"Behave and know where you stand," he replied bluntly. "Then you'll be fine."
"Oh, uh... Thanks," I don't think he fancied talking much.
The rest of the car ride was silent, so I stared out the window and admired Seoul, Korea. It really was dazzling with all its colourful city lights. It made me kind of sad that we always avoided Korea. My dad would never take me with him on his business trips to Korea. I wonder what all my relatives are like. I want to see my nephews and nieces, if I have any. Would BigHit accept me? I know I can’t keep up my crossdressing forever, but I don’t really need to think about that right now.
I wonder if the boys have changed at all. Do they remember me? I blushed as I thought of Jin’s kiss and Jungkook. I hope they’ll be there to watch me audition. I pulled out my iPod and put on my headphones. I turned “Eyes, Nose, Lips” by Taeyang on replay.

“I haven’t seen you in forever -JK”
I’ll see you soon Jungkook.
I closed my eyes, falling asleep after smiling at the text.
                                 
  .                                 .                                  .

I yawned, stretching my arms as I sat up on the bed. This wasn’t my room, I frowned. Oh yeah, Korea, I must’ve fallen asleep during the ride. Someone carried me in then? Ah, it doesn't matter, I stood up and looked around. My bags were still packed, but I was also interested to see that the room wasn't fully modern. There was a mirror in the bathroom, I must've looked tired. That's what I expected, but I saw that my make up had not smudged a bit and you couldn't see any circles under my eyes, my hair was messed up a little bit though. Grumble grumble I clutched my stomach, oh my god, I haven't eaten anything since I got here and it's already morning.
I left the room and headed down the immediate hallway, it seemed that my room was positioned on the outskirts of the whole house. Well, at least there's only one way for me to go. It was creepy walking down this unknown hallway, no one was here... I could only hope for the best when I met my relatives face to face.
I heard noise coming from one room, it did seem larger than the others so I peeked in. I saw many people, from super old to super young, and like wolves they all sensed my presence. I shakily opened the door. "A-annyeonghasaeyo," I bowed low. First impressions were everything, humbleness was a good first impression in Korea, right?
Some people scoffed at me and turned away while some made a slight bow in return.
"JiHyun, you seem so different from pictures," an old woman who was very short walked to me and held onto my hands.
"If you count those pictures as baby pictures," an old man laughed and came to me as well.
"Um... I- I uh, wanted to thank you for letting me stay here. Grandfather...?"
"That's right, you're my grandchild. Personally I am glad to be able to finally see you, but I believe others in the house would agree otherwise," he chuckled.
Hearing him on the phone I wasn't sure, but now that I saw him, I was convinced that he was a good and kind person.
I smiled, "is that right?" I laughed a little with him until I felt a buzzing in my pocket. My phone?
"Just one day, I want to spend time only you and me, just one day I want to hold your hands again, that day will be soon, I just know it -JK" I smiled and put the phone away, he's so cute.
"Now, come, sit, and tell us your plan for your stay here," they led me to sit on a spot on the floor.
"Can we eat afterwards then?"
"Of course."
We spent the time before eating talking about the family and what I was going to do in Korea. I also explained to them the details of my audition. "You must have a lot to prepare then," said one of my uncles that didn't absolutely despise me. After we were done talking I was allowed to eat, go unpack, or roam around the city however I liked, but before that happened, the subject of school was brought forth.
"School?" I tried not to whine, but even if I was out of America, school was even more important in Korea.
"Since you're goal is to be an idol, or at least audition to be one, then it's only fitting you go to that Performing Arts school here in Seoul," my grandfather had pulled me aside to tell me this.
"Seriously?" So many Kpop idols go and have gone to that school, it's like a legend in my Kpop world.
"Yes, and I've already enrolled you so you can't say no." I gawked at him, without my consent? "You start school next week!" He patted my head and left.
"What? Next week?" I was going to cry, "I'm not sad... I'm happy..." I clenched my fists, "Korean school will be awesome, just like in dramas." I settled down and made my way to go out and explore the city of Seoul.
I was surprised at how fast the week went by, I ate a lot of good food and luckily did not get lost or run into any relatives I shouldn't have. It was so weird, I'd never dreamed of doing auditions, going to performing arts school, and just being here. My parents sent me texts starting a few days after I settled in, 'where are you?' 'Why aren't you answering?' 'Why didn't you tell us you were going somewhere?' I didn't respond to those texts, instead I planned on sending them a letter in a month, or an email, either was fine. Soon enough though, it was time for me to start school, at least I didn't have to study hard on English literature and was able to perform almost everyday, at least that's what I hoped for.
"JiHyun-sshi, your uniforms are in your room," the house had a few maids. They were really nice especially since they had nothing to do with the family feud. They'd often give me little trinkets that one of them said she would've given to her daughter if she had one. When she said she only had sons I laughed, she told me I was very girl-ish.
"Thank you very much," I bowed a lot in Korea. Everywhere I went whether it was sorry or thank you, I bowed to everyone and they bowed back, it felt weird and nice at the same time.
I went into my room and looked over my uniforms, I was satisfied to see they were boy's uniforms. It seemed like only my grandfather knew I was a girl. I'd always deny public bathing or going to the bathroom with someone, though I got used to male bathrooms a long time ago. I heard a knock on the door, when I opened it I saw that it was my grandmother. "Oh, grandmother," I bowed and she chuckled.
"You are so humble, you don't have to bow every time," she patted my shoulder and came in to sit on my bed. "I see you're getting ready for school," she eyed my uniforms and the backpack filled with supplies I had on my countertop.
"It's exciting really," I sat next to her, I still didn't know exactly what kind of person she was yet, but she seemed kind. "I never dreamed that I could go to a performing arts school. Mom and dad never like the idea of me performing, to them..." I sighed and looked down at my hands, "they'd prefer me to be an accountant or a lawyer."
"Ah, so that's how they want you to be." She took my hands, I almost flinched from the coldness  was it supposed to be comforting? "Performing is almost in our blood, at least the talent to perform is, I'm glad you've inherited that." Her hands were really cold, but it would be rude for me to pull away.
"Thank you, I think I should put on my uniform now," I stood up and grabbed the top uniform.
"Oh of course," she took an object out of her pocket and handed it to me, it was a blue flower pin. "This is for luck, it's not a huge gift, but it is for you."
"Thank you very much," I accepted her gift and excused myself to the bathroom. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful, but she talked to me a lot, way more than she needed to and it was best to leave the conversation early. I sighed and looked at myself in the mirror after I had put on my uniform. The yellow color of the uniform was very defining, all of my friends would be so jealous to see me in this. I snapped a picture, fixed my hair, and left the room after grabbing my backpack and any other basic necessities like money and my phone.
“The school isn’t that far, just turn left after you get out of the house and then go straight. You’ll know it once you see it,” my grandpa looked at me as he drank his tea.
“Okay, thanks…Grandpa,” I said. It was weird calling him Grandpa when I barely knew him. I didn’t see any other people as I left the house. I guess it was still pretty early.
I tied my black and red converse shoes and turned left as I walked down the street. Korea. I can’t believe I actually made it here. I’m going to a performing arts school too! I stopped dead in my tracks.
“Oh my god… a performing arts school!” I squealed and ran towards the large building. Grandpa was right. I knew it was the school the moment I saw it.
“Wow,” I breathed as I watched the huge ocean of students in yellow jackets streaming into the school and walking around. Well, it’s my first day of school. Hopefully, I get to know at least one person.
I need to find the school office because I don’t have my schedule yet. I hurried into the school, trying not to shove everyone out of the way in excitement. I stopped outside the entrance. I have no idea where the office is. I swiveled around, completely horrified. I have no idea where I’m going either.
“Uhh, do you need something?” I looked up to find that the voice came from a boy who was staring at me.
“Uhh-” it felt weird to be talking to someone off the bat, he was taller than me too.
“Sorry, you just looked confused is all.” He puffed out his cheeks and looked down at me concerned.
“Oh! Yeah, well, I’m a new student, and I need my schedule, but I don’t know where the office is,” I explained. Please help me, please.
He looked around and pulled me along with him into the school.
“Yah!” I yanked my arm away once we reached an empty hallway. He held on pretty tight so I rubbed the feeling back into my arm. "Is this the office?" I looked around, but it just seemed like a regular hallway.
"You said you're new right? Cool! Ok, so I'm the first friend you made today right?" He was a bit jumpy.
"Uh... Friends?" I raised an eyebrow at him, "I guess so."
"Awesome, because my mom kept saying I should make new friends even though I have plenty of friends and it's just so..." He sighed and caught his breath. "My name is YuHan."
"Oh, my name is JiHyun, Go Ji Hyun," we shook hands. He seemed like a nice kid, but I didn't have time for that, I need my schedule. "Can you please tell me where I can get my schedule? I don't know my way around here."
"Haha, yeah sure, the office is actually pretty close, I'll take you there." He started to lead me to the office. "By the way, you have a pretty weird accent, are you from Busan, or Jeju?"
"No, I'm from America," I didn't really know what pure Koreans thought of foreigners since I'd never been to Korea.
"Ah really?!" He jumped up all to my surprise, "even better, when my mom finds out I made a foreigner friend, she'll be super impressed," he gave me a thumbs up.
He had so much energy, but it wasn't bad, he was like a positive force. I laughed "seems you're going to make this year much more fun for me," I smiled and we stopped outside the door to the office. "If I have any classes with you then I'll see ya," I opened the door and walked in.
The process was quick and easy, I gave them my name and they gave me my schedule. I had dancing, singing, playing an instrument, and digital music composing. It seemed so simple, but I knew that there was going to be much more to it.
YuHan was gone and it seemed that my home room was not too far away either. Everything was nice and close to each other. I walked inside to see the room full of students, they all looked so neat, no rebels or anything like in dramas.
The teacher turned to me after the bell rang and the other students sat down in their seats, I noticed YuHan in the middle and he waved at me.
"Class, this is our new student from America, please wish him well, go ahead and introduce yourself," stood with her hands behind her as she allowed me to talk.
"Hello, my name is Go JiHyun and I'm from America though I am half Korean. Please take care of me from now on!" I bowed 90 degrees while other students greeted me quietly in return.
"I'm sure you'll have a fun time here, pick an open seat and study hard," she extended her arm to the few empty seats.
Middle, door, or window seat? Why not the window seat to make it cliche?
I walked over to the empty seat, feeling all the students staring. The class started once I sat down, and we started to learn about the history of all types of music. Time seemed to fly by and soon it was end of the period and we were packing up.
"JiHyune, what do you have next hour? Maybe we have class together again." YuHan came over to my desk, was he always this jumpy?
"Oh sure, I'll check my schedule." I pulled out my schedule from my jacket's small pocket, "I have cultural understanding through singing, ah, let's just say singing," I made a nervous laugh. What a mouthful for what was such a simple class.
"Uh oh, looks like I don't have that class with you," He scratched his neck and motioned to see my schedule. "Ah, I don't have any other classes with you... Pooie," he handed back my schedule and scratched his head. "Looks like I only see you in the morning and lunch, I'll see you then!" He waved and ran off to his next class leaving me in the dust walking in the hallway.
Singing huh? Well, that's what I came here for, I kept my eyes peeled for my next room. It was a bit hard to distinguish because every room looked almost the same. I heard muffled voices emanating from the large room to my left. Singing? I peeked into the room and saw the Hangul for "singing" written on the white board in fancy looking font. Two students were doing a duet together while other students were hunched over notebooks and on computers and phones. I entered in discreetly and took a seat near the front where there seemed to be almost no one. I watched the two finish their duet, they seemed to sing as if they were from the Joseon era or something. One of them caught me staring and walked over; I turned my head away quickly from embarrassment. It's rude to stare at people.
"Hey," it was a girl and a boy, they leaned with their arms on the desk I was sitting at.
"You're a new student here?" The boy asked.
"Uh, yeah, you're singing was really good by the way," I mumbled a compliment and bowed my head a little.
He laughed and rubbed his arm, "oh really? Thank you so much, haha, in that case, sing with me." He grinned, "I think we'd all like to hear your voice," the girl next to him nodded.
"You're in my homeroom, you seem like you'd have a nice voice too."
I warily stood up, I knew Kpop, but I didn't really know a lot of other songs. "Um what do we sing?"
"I don't know, what songs are you used to?" he put his hands on his hips waiting for my answer.
Uh, uh, uh what? Uh... Super Junior? I don't know, BTS songs didn't really have good duets... "Uh, how about like, a Super Junior duet, like.... Hyukjae and Donghae?"
"Oh! Sure, so like 'Still You'? That's a nice one I'll start, you can be Hyukjae." He started to snap the beginning of 'Still You'. "Oneuldo geotda uyeonhi neol bwasseo..."
I sang along with "perfume, and still I miss you" soon it was my part, I tried to feel the music and time out my singing, "utneun noran geol," this was a relatively easy song, and I was amazed to hear how good our voices sounded together. If my voice is this good now, it'll be even better when I go to the audition. I did the rap and tried to imitate the way Eunhyuk did it, " Yo, nan ajikdo jeonhwa butdeulgo, Neoui sajin humchyeobogo naseo sakjereul nureugo Jeonhwahalkka gomine ppajigo Sumi beokchan haruga da neo ttaemun, Barojabeun maeum gireobwatja myeot sipbun Nae mame nega geurin nakseoreul jiuneun ge, Ajik sirheungabwa neol jiundaneun ge."
The girl in the back clapped and smiled excitedly once the song ended. "You two sound great!" She stuck out her hand, " I'm NeiDa," we shook hands as I steadied my breath.
"Go JiHyun," I smiled after I shook her hand and proceeded to sit down again, I was excited, but it was also a bit awkward.
"Why does that name sound familiar?" The boy I had just sang with scratched his chin as if he had a beard. "My name is JanYo. You're so good looking, are you going to become an idol or something?"
"Oh yeah, I hope to, I'm actually auditioning for... A thing... I just need to practice more really." I looked at the ground, I wasn't sure if I should be talking about this to people so openly.
"A lot of us here want to be idols, I would love to make a living doing duets with NeiDa, but companies might not think so... It's going to be hard for us." So it's going to take a lot more work than just practicing and hoping.
I'd forgotten how much I'd really have to do if I was serious about this. I would lose a lot of sleep, I'd be tired all the time. My voice might even suffer from overusage. I fiddled with a piece of my hair, something I did normally when I was nervous and anxious.
RRRRRIIIIIINNNNGG!!!
The bell rang, several students rushed in through the door, and everyone sat down in their seats. It got quiet and I looked around, was there a teacher somewhere? Yes, there was, a small old man with a kind wrinkly face and a clean suit came in with a large bag and set it on the table in the front.
"Ohayo," was I hearing correctly? He's Japnaese? I could speak Japanese fine, but I didn't even link his face to being a Japanese man. He looked around the room, I made my expression sure and strong so he knew how serious I was. "JJ is not here? Hm.... Neither is KH, that's alright." His eyes stopped on me, but they weren't eyes that destroyed your soul, they smiled. He spoke in Korean, strange, is it a habit of him to switch between the two? I would too sometimes, but I was also surprised he didn't use the full names of the missing students, he used Japanese letters. "It seems we have a new student though. How wonderful to see more youth express their talents in music." He gestured for me to stand next to him, where I towered a foot above. "Introduce yourself to the class."
"Annyeongha-"
"No, do it in song," he stopped me. He wanted me to sing my introduction?
I panicked a little, what tune would I sing? I didn't expect this. A tune popped in my head, Hello by B.I.G, how simple? I started off rough, but got myself into the beat, "Hello, Ni Hao, Konnichiwa, Cheoeum boepge doeseo, Bangapseumnida, Salam, Bonjour, Guten Tag, urineun Go JiHyun yo Wassup, Annyeong!"
The class clapped and the teacher put his hand on my shoulder. "A very cultural introduction, good. Sit down and we'll start class." He smiled and I took my seat. Classes went quickly for me, maybe because they were fun. It was strange to see and live in an almost pure Korean society. I was good at reading and speaking and everything, but the feeling was so new.
Before I new it, it was lunch time and lots of the students stayed inside doing extra work, while a good amount of people including me, went outside to enjoy the fresh air.
I sat on a small ledge underneath a tree and opened the lunch my relatives had packed me. "Yumm," I started to eat quickly. If school was going to be this easy, then I had nothing to worry about. I stuffed a rolled omlet into my mouth and was met with a sudden hand on my back causing me to momentarily choke. "Hey! What the heck was that for?" I looked around and was only met by the overly happy face of YuHan.
"So this means we'll be eating lunch together all the time then?"
Was that a question or a statement? "Oh, really?" I coughed to clear my throat from choking before.
"You seem a bit out of it, are you ok?" He sat next to me and pulled out his lunch.
"Huh? Yeah... I guess I'm ok. It's just that I'm not too used to school here," school in Korea ends at 9pm. There was a long ways to go till then.
"You'll get used to it soon," he laughed and ate his food. He was always so hyper, it was nice, he even talked with food in his mouth. "What's school like In America?"
"School in America?" I took another bite, "sports, lots of sports," I searched through the basic files in my mind to find information about school. "Well, we get a lot more sleep time... Sometimes. School ends at like 3:30pm."
"That early?!" YuHan was so surprised he gawked at me. "I so want to go to America now, ugh, school is life here. Hey," he sort of pounced on my shoulder. "Come and sleepover with me and my other friends. We do like a new school year kick off thing, you should totally come."
"Uh...." My relatives would let me right? They wouldn't find out... I can shower the day before and clean up. "I guess I'll come, when is it?"
"In a few weeks!" He smiled so widely jumping up and down in his seat. "Oh, I'll talk to you later ok?" He spotted a group of his friends and quickly gathered up his stuff and said goodbye to me.
"Sure," I replied, but he was already gone.
I sat alone on the stone, what a dream all this was, I was a student at this performing arts school in Korea and a whole new life has opened up to me. I'd audition for Big Hit soon and see the boys again. I finished up my rice and packed my box into my bag. Being a boy at this school came first though, and I wasn't about to mess it up.
2 weeks went by like the wind, and soon us students were stuffed full of assignments. It was individual study time in homeroom and YuHan was right next to my desk like usual. He was telling me something about iguanas? He was blabbering away until a small group of students came up to us. They each held a pile of papers in their hands and showed nervous faces. Everyone was nice to me so I felt more comfortable talking with new people than I was before.
"Hey, what's up," I put my hand over YuHan's mouth and smiled up at the group, there were 5 girls and 3 boys, they pushed one of the cuter girls toward us.
"Um... Hi... You're JiHyun and YuHan right?" She looked us in the eyes for a moment, but pointed them down in embarrassment.
I removed my hand, "ah yes, nice to meet you, is there a problem?" I didn't know if my words were too formal or informal, no one told me otherwise. They still looked very nervous.
"Please help us!" One of the boys in back brushed the girl off to the side. His energy surprised me, "for our class we have to create and direct a stage production, but we have no one else in class that wants to be our actors." He bowed 108 degrees and the others followed, "please be our leads!"
"Leads?" I stood up in shock. They wanted us to be leads in a play? The last time I'd been in a play was freshmen year in high school where it was for class and I was a little beggar girl in the background. "I don't know if we'd be cut out for it..." I haven't done many plays and I didn't want to mess up yours.
They stood up again and the boy in front sighed. "Please, we believed that you two would help us, you seem so nice. And you have the perfect faces for this."
I sat back down and clasped my hands as I thought about this. I want to help them, I really do, but I don't want to screw up. "Ah...." I looked over at YuHan, he flicked his eyebrows and smiled.
"Why not?" He answered. He stood and patted the boy's back, "we'll do it, do you have a script? I have your number right? You can call us when you need us." He received scripts for us, handshakes, hugs, and numbers. I grabbed his wrist and gave a little worried look, but he must have passed it off as anticipation. He handed me a script.
"Thank you so much, our first rehearsal will be in a few days," they bowed over and over again as they left, "we'll call you," and they were gone.
"Ya!" I sprang up and hit YuHan's shoulder, he laughed at me. "I hope you know that if their production is a failure it'll be because you made me BE A LEAD!"
"Come on, no one else was going to help them," he sat down and opened up the script.
"How on earth do you know?" I was not confident in my acting skills at all.
"Because they're the drama class, it takes a lot of dedication that no one really wants to put in," he looked sincerely at me.
"Oh, I averted my eyes," now I felt bad...
"I'm sure we'll do well, if they want us that much haha," he laughed and we started to read the script.
I stopped in surprise, the plot and the characters... They were... "hey, the lead characters are a boy and a girl. One of us has to be a girl?" For a long while I had been avoiding every aspect of girliness to show that I was a boy.
"Oh true, hm... The names are Jessica and Daniel, I'll be Dan-"
"I'm Daniel!" I cut him off, not only did I not want to be a girl in a play, I especially didn't want any aspect of my girl like nature being exposed.
"Hey, I'm more masculine than you," he gave a look as if we were going to duel.
"That doesn't matter, you're Jessica got it? I hit my hands down on the desk."
"Oh come on, you'd be a better g-"
RRIIIING!
Home room was over, singing was next...
"Aish! Fine I'll be the girl," YuHan quickly rushed his stuff together and out of the room.
I smiled, this'll be fun, I left the class singing Horeumon Jeonjaeng.
                              .                                        .                                       .
"I'm not sure if I should do this..." I finished reading through the script and was a bit surprised to see what the contents held.
"Why do you think you shouldn't? You already accepted," my grandfather was one of the only people who knew I was a girl so I could talk to him more than anyone.
"I'm not good at acting," I looked down at the ground, he hit the back if my head. "Oush!" I grabbed my head, it stung a little, so this was what that was like.
"Idiot, you're acting right now! You're always acting! You are acting to hide your true identity, this will be much more simple."
Oh my gosh, he's right, I was acting all the time, it must be so comfortable for me that I didn't realize it. "You're right," but that scene... "I'll work hard to put on a good production!" I bowed and left the main room to go to my own and rest. I would finish my homework as soon as possible so I'd have free time to do things, I started memorizing and highlighting my parts in the script when my phone started ringing.
"Yeoboseyo?"
"Tomorrow night, the party's tomorrow."
"Oh, YuHan, tomorrow? At your place right?"
"Yeah, do you know where it is?"
I've known him for a while now, but I didn't know where he lived, "no, maybe I'll just bring extra clothes and walk with you after school."
"Sounds great, I'll see you then!" He didn't call often, normally he texted.
I set my phone down to focus back on the script and caught myself feeling absolutely peaceful. I enjoyed what I was doing in school and the people were so kind. I had different food all the time and there was Kpop everywhere. I felt accepted, ignoring the fact that a lot of my relatives disliked me existing. I already had a best guy friend and people who were waiting to see me again, I looked forward to school, to the party, to the audition, and to the next time I'd see the Bulletproof boys.