Chapter 5

No Going Back

I shakily tried to stand up, I didn't realize how unstable my legs were after this. 

 

"Woah, careful," Jungkook grabbed onto my arm and helped me up. We made it back into the hospital and headed towards a bathroom. Bathrooms seemed to be my best friends today. I covered my face from the doctors, nurses, and assistants that were all through the hallways. Once we got to the bathrooms, I rushed in and locked the doors. No way was Jungkook getting in here again. I was speed when it came to changing my face quickly. I whipped out my make up wipes, hair brush, and a bra. Since I had been wearing a binder the whole day, I actually looked forward to not being so stiff anymore. I cleared my face of all make up contents and brushed out my hair. It was hard getting the knots out since it was wrestled around with so bad. 

 

My change was quick, I brushed off my clothes and stretched out my body. While having a flat chest was nice, I was originally a girl, and all people do like to be comfortable. There was a knock at the door, “No Jungkook, you’re not coming in here!” I raised my voice in korean. 

 

“Can you please let me in? It’s an emergency!” Woman. English. . I rushed to unlock the door and saw a young woman outside the door. This was a one-room bathroom, so I gathered all of my stuff and left for her to do her business. 

 

“JiHyun?” That voice behind me, Jungkook patiently waited for me… urgh. 

 

I turned around to face him after I slung on my backpack, I was met with wide eyes.

 

“JiHyun, is that really you?” Jungkook took a step towards me, but stopped and just gawked at me. His gaze made me a bit nervous, it wasn’t one of intent, but it also wasn’t one of complete innocence. 

 

“Uh… yeah, it’s me…” I was a bit uncomfortable with the way he looked at me, as if I were some kind of statue. “Can we hurry up?” I started to go down the hallway to go outside once again. 

 

“Hey,” Jungkook extended his arm and touched my hand, but he didn’t grab it. I stopped and turned to look at him. “Has Jin-hyung seen you like this before?” 

 

That was an important question? “As a matter of fact, no… you’re the first one.” We kept walking, no more literal running around.

 

“Ah really?” Jungkook smiled and walked silently beside me. He was a little taller than me, but not much, not even by an inch. 

 

I thought about when I first got here. I had been to California before, I had also seen BTS live before. Everything changed so quickly, so suddenly. I had never planned to stay so long, though my parents aren’t very worried. They leave me at home for lots of business trips. 

 

“JiHyun?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Have you ever dated someone?” I glanced over at him in shock, but he kept his eyes looking straight forward. 

 

"Well, no I haven't..." I answered him. "Did you know that unfortunately, idols aren't allowed to date fans," I seemed so cold, but ever since I became a fan, I accepted my fate... And when I mean accepted, I mean that I cry every time I see beautiful pictures of my idols and resent the fact that they don't know who I am.

 

Jungkook was quiet all the way till we got back outside where all the band members, including Jin, were waiting. 

 

"We need to get back to the hotel," Namjoon spoke close to Jungkook, "we have to start packing and get ready to leave." Though leaving was inevitable, Jungkook was shocked. 

 

I too was a bit surprised, yet it still made sense, they'd been in California for almost a whole week now, it wouldn't be too long till they'd have to leave. 

 

"What.. What about JiHyun?" Jungkook was right next to Namjoon so I could barely hear what they were saying. 

 

"I'm not sure, but I don't think he, I mean she, can come with us to Korea." Rap Mon momentarily flicked his eyes toward me. It was such a strange time for all of us. 

 

Jin walked over to me and made a slight bow, it was kind of awkward though I had already forgiven him. "JiHyun-ah... I'm.. I'm sorry I ebarrassed you so badly." He kept his 90 degree bow and continued on. "I acted without thinking, I only thought of myself and hurt you," I couldn't see his face, but his voice sounded sad, I didn't like it.

 

"Jin... It's ok," I put my hand on his shoulder and he looked up with his dark red hair in his face. "I admit I was embarrassed, but I don't hate you and you didn't hurt me. I forgive you... I just, wasn't prepared for something like that." Jin was so kind, I smiled and bowed a little to him as well, "thank you for worrying about me, you're such a cool Oppa," I laughed a little from his reaction to me calling him oppa. He may be an adult, but he was cute just like a kid.

 

We both straightened our backs and sort of laughed it off. I held out my hand, "I forgive you ok? So don't worry about it anymore," he took my hand and like Americans, we shook briskly. 

 

"Hey what's up over here?" Hoseok skipped over to us with Jimin and V. He was holding some papers, "you guys look so tense," he laughed. 

 

"What are those papers hyung?" I asked curiously, he held them up. 

 

"Jimin's discharge papers from the hospital. By the way, you really do look really pretty as a girl," he laughed. Did he always laugh at everything? "Though I kind of liked you better when you were trying to be Jimin," he patted Jimin on the back and they smiled. 

 

Nothing ever brings them down huh? We started to have small talk about Jimin's leg when Namjoon and Jungkook came over, Kookie looked a bit upset though. Namjoon leaned over to whisper to the group, not including me of course, and when he finished, turned to me as well. Why did everything have to be so secretive? I also noticed Suga staring at me again, but I brushed it off. 

 

"Hey JiHyun," Namjoon spoke to me in English, it actually made me feel a bit more comfortable. "You know that you've helped us a lot, we're really grateful and all... It's been a fun time too, so I wanted to tell yo-"

 

"It's over? I already knew that soon you guys would have to leave," I cut him off somberly.

 

"No listen, I-" he tried to go on, but for some reason I just didn't want to hear the end. 

 

"I've had so much fun with you guys, I'm also sorry for hiding my gender as well, I can't wait till your guys' new album and comeback, so I wish you all a safe trip back to Korea," I bowed and felt a bit empty saying good bye to them. 

 

"Girl, hey, no that's not what I'm saying... Listen up, I've been thinking about you auditioning to write a contract with Big Hit," he took off his shades and looked straight into my surprised eyes.

 

"Me? And Big Hit? Seriously?" This was the opportunity of a lifetime, I might really reach my dreams of becoming a performer, maybe even an idol. I started to freak out, "I can't believe it I'm going to be in Big Hit OHMYGOD! Hahaha!" I jumped around in excitement, I probably looked so strange. 

 

"Yo, calm down, don't forget that first you need to pass auditions."

 

He was right, I had no chance in Big Hit if I couldn't pass audition stage... How frightening. "What exactly do I have to do for auditions?" I asked him, he pondered the thought for a little while before he replied.

 

"Well, to be honest, I'm not sure... Auditions can be different depending on who and what you audition for." He slipped his shades on again even though the sun was starting to go down. "If you're auditioning to solo then I think it's easier than auditioning to be in a group, let alone a specific group." 

 

"Couldn't I audition to be with you guys?" That would be so flipping cool, being a real member of BTS, wow! 

 

"You are a girl remember, girls can't be in boy groups." 

 

That made me hurt, "you guys didn't know I was a girl until Jungkook showed you," Jungkook perked up at the sound of his name. "It.. It could be like To the Beautiful You, where the girl dresses up like a guy to be in an all boys school. I already cross dress all the time, it'd be easy." 

 

"I understand but..."

 

"Am I intimidating?"

 

Namjoon got quiet, I wanted to know what he was thinking. Being the leader he must have so many thoughts on his mind about this. 

 

"Say I audition and I make it into Bangtan... Couldn't you guys still accept me?" He bit his lip as I talked. "All you have to do is get me an audition... It's my problem if I get in or not, so I won't trouble you with guaranteeing me anything, just give me one little push." I pleaded with him, though he was normally so silly on screen, in person he was very serious.

 

It was quiet and I was filled with anticipation. All I needed was one push to start me off, the rest would be up to me, is that too much to ask? 

 

"Arasseo..." We switched back to Korean, "but the audition would have to be in Korea, are you able to manage that?"

 

"REALLY? Oh my gosh! Thank you so much!" I jumped around and hugged him at the same time, he was a bit stiff trying not to fall over. 

 

"Audition? What about her going to Korea?" Jimin asked, he kept rebalancing himself on his crutches. 

 

"Don't worry about it for now," Namjoon smirked, "I'll tell you guys about it on the way home. For now, I guess it wouldn't hurt for JiHyun to stay with us till we leave." 

 

"Aw cool!" V was actually excited about me staying too, why did these kids have to be so awesome? 

 

We stayed in the front of the hospital while I called cabs, why didn't BTS have their own private cars or van? Though it was a bit of trouble getting Jimin in the cab with his cast, once we were all in, we quickly made our way to Pelican hotel. When they told me the name, I was shocked that they were staying at such a nice and expensive place whereas I only stayed at places like Best Western. 

 

Namjoon's cellphone started ringing as we became able to see the top of the resort. "Hello? Ah yes, sorry about that. He's out of the hospital and we're almost there now. Thank you." He put his phone away. "That was Mr. Manager, we're leaving tomorrow morning and going back to Korea." It got kind of quiet in the cab, in ours there was me, Namjoon, V, and Jimin; everyone else was in the other cab. V was already texting them the information. 

 

"Then, I'd see you guys during the audition?" I asked, I felt so close to them now that the thought of separating was really sad and dreadful. We arrived at the front of the resort, I was so jealous, they got a super cool place to stay... Well, I reminded myself, they're still famous idols. 

 

"We'll all see each other again, I'm pretty sure," Namjoon patted my head before we started exiting the cabs. I asked our cab to stay since I still needed to get back too. 

 

Outside it was dark, but the lights of the resort shined like glittering stars around us, I was amazed. Los Angeles was so cool compared to Minnesota. 

 

"Yah! JiHunnie!" Jungkook ran over to me after I finished helping Jimin out. 

 

"Hey, look Jungkook, I'm sorry about slapping you earlier, that was really mean of me." 

 

"It's ok, I kind of deserved it too, either way..." He pulled out his phone and hid it from the other group members. "Give me your phone number." 

 

"Bwoh?!" I was surprised, signed albums, meeting your favorite idols and becoming short time friends was one thing, but exchanging phone numbers? That was a whole other level I never dreamed of achieving. "Seriously?" 

 

"Of course, when you come to Korea I want to  be the first to meet up with you." He made a new contact, “JiHunnie,” and entered in my phone number. "Now let's take a picture together!" He snapped a selfie of us and made it my contact picture, wow... I was so excited to be an idol's private contact. 

 

"Oh, before I forget, I also want to take pictures with everyone too." 

 

"But of course! You need to brag to your friends about us," V came over, he probably overheard our whole conversation, what an alien he was. 

 

That was the most amazing feeling I had ever had, I hugged and took pictures with my idols, I made the best memories that would make all of my friends keel over with jealousy. Even my parents might be impressed. When I finished, I scrolled through the pictures I took, everyone looked flawless, somehow I didn't look too bad myself. I looked at the time on my phone, it was 8:38pm, not very late, but they definitely needed sleep, so did I. 

 

"Can't wait to see you again! Bye! Lots of love!" Everyone waved and  turned to leave, as I watched their backs walking away from me, I felt happy, but I also didn't want them to leave. I smiled and put my hands in my pockets. There was a slight breeze, but it wasn't cold, it was very calm and I felt like I was in a drama. I turned towards the cab and began to leave when I felt a hand grab my shoulder. 

 

"Hey-" I spun around to face Jungkook. His face was illuminated by the lights from the resort.

 

"You didn't think you'd leave just like that did you?" The rest of the boys were already inside,

 

Jungkook must have ran quickly, he was a little out of breath. "JiHyun, you're so cool and pretty, I can't wait to see you again." 

 

"Jungkook..." I knew I was blushing, but I was pretty sure the lighting made it unnoticable. 

 

He leaned close to me and kissed my cheek softly. My heart jumped, this was exactly like a drama. 

 

He pulled back and smiled at me, "now you've got to promise that next time you see me you have to give me a kiss too, got it?"

 

"I- I-" I stuttered, Jungkook wasn't forceful at all, he was really nice, and I felt that the next time we met... I couldn't let him down. I couldn't let any of them down, I will get into Bangtan.. I smiled, "I got it, till the next time Kookie." I got into the cab, how dramatic it felt, and how rare it was to be in such a dramatic experience. As the cab left I stared out the window... There I went, they were so close for such a long period of time, it was hard to leave. 

 

My phone buzzed with a notification.

 

“Can’t wait to see you again -JK”

 

I smiled and held the phone close to me, time better fly, because I don't think I can wait that long... I thought as we made our way to Best Western.