Two

Back To Before

"Hello, my name is Do Kyungsoo." Kyungsoo formally introduced himself to the younger, thinking Jongin was older than he was. However, Jongin couldn't reply. He was still in shock. He was still confused and furious knowing that Kyungsoo was with this man whom he thought that could have been a friend to Jongin in the future. But no, no this man who was his client could never be friends with him now, because before they even became acquainted, Chanyeol stole someone whom belonged to Jongin.

 

"Oh, Kyungie, he's actually younger than you," Chanyeol laughed softly while he and Kyungsoo made eye contact. Kyungsoo gaped his mouth in disbelief since Jongin looked older than himself, but then eventually nodded his head and returned a gentle smile at Chanyeol.

Everything that was just performed in front of Jongin pushed him over the limit already. Kyungie? The way they looked at each other? Especially Kyungsoo. His eyes said something to Chanyeol what only Jongin should see, not him. Not Park Chanyeol.

Jongin abruptly stood up from his chair, so ready to leave, which shook the table and knocked down his black coffee all over the table. Truly coincidentally, it spilled onto Chanyeol's pants, making him release a sudden scream of pain.

He hopped out of his chair screaming while Kyungsoo watched with large eyes before he picked up a napkin and started to dab the spot that had been steamed on with coffee. Kyungsoo held Chanyeol's hand, trying to calm him down while Chanyeol bit his bottom lip, trying so hard not to scream.

"Shhh, you're fine, Yeol," Kyungsoo muttered to Chanyeol while still focusing on cleaning his pants dry. Chanyeol nodded frantically, still trying to calm down as he let out a deep breath of air he had been holding in while biting his lips shut.

 

Jongin had watched every move they made with furrowed eyebrows. How much Chanyeol was in pain and how Kyungsoo continued to aid him. Jongin liked the first part about it, but didn't like the second part. He smirked involuntarily at Chanyeol's red face and the stressed out expressions he made.

deserves it, Jongin thought inside of his head as his eyes began to glare at Chanyeol. Too bad Chanyeol was too busy healing himself to see Jongin's "lovely, admiring, soft gaze".

 

"Excuse me?" Kyungsoo asked Jongin, snapping him out of his thoughts. Jongin's mouth hung open slightly with widened eyes as he realized Kyungsoo was talking to him.

"Are... are you talking to me?" Jongin asked nervously, ears turning red. Damn it, he thought wondering how much of an idiot he must look in front of Kyungsoo right now.

 

Kyungsoo let out a short giggle at the younger's childish action and nodded. That sound of laughter from him was pure music that could heal any wound to Jongin. He felt his heart tighten inside as he looked at Kyungsoo's smile.

"Yes, as I was saying while you zoned out,” Kyungsoo began, still a warm smile on his face, “we should schedule another appointment to get the house papers signed.”

“House papers?” Jongin whispered to himself quietly. Oh, that’s right. Chanyeol had came over to sign papers on a house he was planning to buy. So that must mean… Kyungsoo is going to be living with Chanyeol as well.

Jongin gave Kyungsoo a small nod, agreeing with him. But of course, inside of Jongin’s head fires had been set and explosions had erupted. The two were to be living under the same roof every day, share the same bed, and eat the same food. It was just absolutely so unfair to Jongin. He looked at Kyungsoo whom returned to Chanyeol’s side to help him cool down the burn with an icepack Minseok had brought out from the back.

Jongin watched the two in complete envy. Oh how he longed for Kyungsoo to treat him the way he was treating Chanyeol right now. The way Kyungsoo rubbed his thumb over one of Chanyeol’s hands to soothe him. The way Kyungsoo spoke to Chanyeol in a quiet voice only they could hear. He probably told him calming words the way Chanyeol made relieved expressions every once in a while.

Everything Kyungsoo did made Jongin only envy more and more of Chanyeol.

 

And then Jongin had begun to wonder why Chanyeol had Kyungsoo. Why not him? Why not Kim Jongin, the one who truly loved Kyungsoo. He would care for Kyungsoo more than Chanyeol. He would treat Kyungsoo better. He would passionately love Kyungsoo more than Chanyeol could ever.

 

“I hope you’re not thinking of hurting the two of them,” Minseok said out of nowehere. He had appeared by Jongin’s side without him even noticing. Jongin had realized he has been zoning out quite a lot today.

“Did you hear me?” Minseok spoke again arching one eyebrow. “I know you like Kyungsoo but don’t do anything crazy to them.” Jongin turned towards Minseok and could only reply in a grim smirk.

“Of course not,” Jongin replied to Minseok as he picked up his things from the ground next to his seat. Then he took out his wallet from his back pocket with one hand and picked a few won bills out of it and showed it to Minseok. Minseok smiled at his happy reply with relief and reached out his hand to receive the cash, but Jongin retracted his hand back, not giving anything to him.

“Huh?” Minseok asked as he raised an eyebrow again. Jongin just let out a laugh before he slapped the money into Minseok’s hand.

“I would never hurt Kyungsoo,” Jongin said as he walked passed Minseok and out the door. But Minseok, who widened his eyes in horror, stood there and gulped.

 

 

If you heard of Kim Jongin, you’d know the man gets what he wants. If you knew of Kim Jongin, you’d know he has a special way of dealing with the things he wants. If you knew Kim Jongin’s secret, you’d know he uses a time machine to travel through time to alter anything in the past as he wishes with a click of a button. And Minseok knew that secret well.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin slammed open the front door of his villa and threw all of his belongings onto the tiled floor in anger. He yelled viciously, finally releasing all of the anger from everything that had just happened. Jongin’s anger management was not very well tempered at all. It was almost as if his limit was held in a small glass bottle. If he exceeded the limit of capacity the bottle could hold, it’d shatter into small sharp pieces all over the floor and anyone who tried to come near Jongin would step on the glass shards and hurt themselves first.

“Damn you, Park Chanyeol!” he barked at the air. His villa only consisted of him and all of the furniture in it, making his yells echo.

Jongin picked up the closest object next to him which was a chair and slammed it against the wall as hard as he could. One of the legs of the chair broke off and the marbled wall had a chipped piece fallen out. He dropped the chair aside; anger beginning to drain out of his mind. He hadn’t realized how hard he had been breathing until he noticed how slow he began to breathe. Jongin combed his hair with his fingers and closed his eyes trying to think straight.

“I… I just need to stop them from meeting, that’s all,” he told himself as he walked into his kitchen. He undid his tie and tossed it onto the counter before he opened the fridge and took out a can of beer. He flicked the lid open and it all down before he crushed the can against the marble counter.

He let out a long sigh as he closed his eyes again. Jongin needed to think what his next move would be. Like, really think long and hard about it because time traveling was nothing you should play with. Jongin had figured that out long ago when he was just a teenager.

“I’ll go back to the day before they met,” Jongin told himself, eyes still closed as he leaned against the counter with his hands on the edge and head tilted forward. But first, Jongin had to find out when they met and where.

 

Using his uncle’s time traveler was easy as long as you knew exactly what you were doing. You’d have to input the time, date, and location. He couldn’t just say “take me to Chanyeol’s house when he was 16” and bam, he’s there watching Chanyeol playing on his game console in his room. He had to be very specific in order to find what he was searching for.

So the question is how is he supposed to find out all of this information?

Oh, that’s right, he has all of Chanyeol’s records. He could easily find out where he lives right now and his phone number. Jongin would be able to find out all of his information easily as long as he knew where Chanyeol is.

Jongin went up to his room to retrieve his laptop and search through his files. Soon enough, he came across Chanyeol’s records and---

 

“JONGIN!” a loud voice screamed as his front door slammed open. That voice was not to be mistaken for anyone else’s but his friend Baekhyun. Jongin rolled his eyes as he continued to ignore the man that broke into his house. As expected, the next thing he heard was the light pitter patter on the stairway. Then Baekhyun appeared in Jongin’s bedroom with a red jacket on and his favorite pair of black thick-framed glasses sitting atop of his nose.

Jongin, however, continued to open up Chanyeol’s files to look for his address. All that was heard was the deep and quick breaths of Baekhyun and Jongin repeating clicking on the ‘next’ button on his keyboard.

“Jongin!” Baekhyun shouted as he came closer to Jongin’s desk and tried closing his laptop, but Jongin’s hands still on the keyboard stopped it from closing and he reopened it. Baekhyun watched how Jongin ignored him like he didn’t even exist.

“Not now, Baekhyun, I’m pretty busy,” Jongin said while still looking through Chanyeol’s documents.

“No you are not! You’re just destroying an innocent man’s life!” Baekhyun yelled at Jongin with his hands in tight fists.

“Park Chanyeol is not innocent,” Jongin said in a monotone voice and finally looked up from his laptop screen and then to Baekhyun’s angered face.

“Jongin, yes he is. Minseok told me what happened. Look, just because you like someone doesn’t mean you should destroy their happiness to make your own,” Baekhyun lectured him as he crossed his arms across his chest.

Jongin let out a small laugh and smiled at Baekhyun. Then shook his head disagreeing.

“Baekhyun, how long have we known each other now? I don’t know, about 17 years? 18 maybe?” Jongin asked as he shrugged his shoulders acting as he didn’t know. “So shouldn’t you know by now how things go in my life?”

 

Baekhyun watched the man before him with pity. Nothing but pity. Jongin in Baekhyun and Minseok’s eyes was only pitiful. The man seemed kind and nice but he was twisted on the inside and it’s all because of time. Because he can control what happens in his life is because of time.

“Jongin, you’re crazy,” Baekhyun whispered in a harsh tone. “You know, I actually feel really bad for you. You can’t see the world clearly.” But Jongin didn’t care for what Baekhyun had to say. Jongin only wants Kyungsoo to be his, and he’ll do anything to make it happen.

“I’m leaving tomorrow,” Jongin said, slightly changing the topic. Baekhyun’s eyes widened in surprise.

“No, Jongin! Kyungsoo and Chanyeol are good people. Don’t meddle with their lives!” Baekyun cried, pleading Jongin.

“Baekhyun, I’m going and you can’t do anything about it,” Jongin stated clearly not changing his mind. “I know that Kyungsoo is the one for me, and I’m not going to let some motherer take him from me. You know what? Maybe stopping them from meeting won’t be enough.”

“Jongin---“

“I’m going to ruin everything before it even began.”

 

 

 


Hi, everyone ^^ It's been an exact month since I've updated this story and I'm so sorry! I just moved back to the states and I'm

in a new high school so a lot of things have been happening in my personal life.

And I know this chapter is pretty short compared to other stories you've read, but this 

is about the same length I'll always write my chapters in. Just a heads up c:

I'll try updating more often, but for now, here's chapter 2!