Whispering

Between the Sky 하늘 사이로

She came to the office. She really knew that he was there. Kang Seungyoon was sleeping on the sofa, with headphone on his head. O-oh, well. She needed to wake him up from his beautiful dream. She needed to talk to him.

“Kang Seungyoon ssi, I need to talk to you.” She said as she reached him. No response from him, she had expected it. It was really urgent. She then impatiently shook his shoulder. Well, this was a kind of rude, but she had no choice. “I need to talk to you.”

Seungyoon opened his eyes lazily. He glared at her, not even looked surprised, it looked like he already knew she was there, it looked like he heard everything. But he had his headphone on his head, right? Wasn’t he listening to songs in his phone?

“There is something I want to ask you.” She breathed heavily as Seungyoon got up and sat. She stared right into his eyes. He was so expressionless that she got nervous for no reason. I hate it if he stares at me like this. “How did you find me when I fell from the stairs?” she asked him straight away.

He didn’t say anything at first, but then he said,”you only want to ask me that question?” he said coldly. She was sure it was the first time in forever he answered her question and it was the first time they talked to each other like this. It was all the first time but he just replied her in cold tone. She shouldn’t hope too much.

“Y-yes.” She replied. It was so awkward. It was so weird finally he responded her. It was all weird. “No one saw me going out the hall. I didn’t think you knew about it, too. Even Jinwoo sunbae didn’t know about it.” She blinked her eyes. “Don’t you think it’s weird?” she lowered her voice. She knew she was asking a weird question, but she really could stop herself.

“What are you talking about?” he didn’t sound happy, but did not sound confused either. He pulled off his headphone.

She took a deep breath. “You must know about me from Jinwoo sunbae, what had happened to me that day. Someone tried to push me.” She tried to explain everything. She hoped she would see another expression written on his face, but no. He was still expressionless. She couldn’t predict any single move of him, of course.

He raised an eyebrow. “So?”

Well, it was hard to explain it to him. She thought he knew her point. “Nobody knew about me falling there, and you found me. No one was there, but you were there.”

“What’s wrong with me finding you there?” he sounded annoyed. “Do you think I’m the one who pushed you till you fell?”

He’s really fast to get my point.

She tried not to look so obvious. She just wondered if what she had thought was true. “I’m just asking you how you found me.”

Seungyoon didn’t give any answers and he just stared at her. She felt it hard to breathe. Why didn’t he reply her? Was he the one who pushed her? Was that really true? Even if she accused him to do so, deeply in her heart she didn’t believe it, that he would try to kill her. They didn’t get along well, they were never been friends. But she didn’t get it why, if it was true, he had done such thing.

Did he hate her? But why did he hate her?

“Is...is it really you?” she felt suffocating.

Seungyoon glared at her. “Who told you that? Who told you I pushed you?”

Is it really him?

“I-I just thought...about...about some possibilities.” She gulped, stuttering. “Did you really...do that?” she stared at him in horror. “W-why did you do t-that?”

All of sudden, he stood up from his seat. She was shocked to see his action. He looked so angry.

“Don’t ever think I did that to you. All I do there was finding you.” He snorted.  He sounded really pissed off. “Don’t you think it’s weird if I did two things all at once? I pushed you then I helped you? Doesn’t it sound so stupid? Why the heck must I do that to you?” he looked so angry, and it was kind of scary.

She gulped. He never heard him saying so many words to her. He now did it because he was mad at her. “But…”

“If you want to know why I was there,” he cut her words.  He was still glaring at her,”I didn’t want to have the cake. So, I walked out from the hall. And I heard a scream. Then I figured out that it was you.”

Ah, that is the reason why he helped me.

Aish, this is really embarrassing.

“I-I’m sorry.” She looked down at the floor. She was so embarrassed. She embarrassed herself in front of him. That was all because her suspicious mind. Stupid! She cursed herself. She was sure Seungyoon would see her as a stupid girl. Why didn’t she just feel grateful that he helped her at that time? He was her saviour, wasn’t he? Why didn’t she just think he wouldn’t do such thing to her? Seungyoon surely had no reason to do that to her. Well, she just thought everybody could do that, everybody...

“Although you’re looking for that person desperately, it doesn’t mean you can accuse everybody.”

Seungyoon walked passed her to the door, didn’t say any other words. She felt so pathetic. She couldn’t say something to him. How could she say something? She was so embarrassed that she didn’t dare to look at him again. The door was closed. She was all alone in the room. She sat on the sofa and hid her face with her palms. She has done something stupid.

Don’t ever blame anybody if that guy really hates you now. It’s all your fault, she said to herself.

She looked at the glass wall and saw Jinwoo looking at her sadly. He must see her and Seungyoon arguing. She plastered gloomy expression. She needed to fix this. She should apologize to Seungyoon. She felt bad after accusing him without any evidence. Yes, it was fully her fault to blurt out like that. She felt so bad. And, she didn’t even dare to look at him anymore. Aish, what should I do?

 She messed up her hair in frustration.

And at that time, she felt her neck hurt.

 

 

 

She was really aware she was not fully recovered. To the case she almost broke her neck two weeks ago, sometimes she felt her neck hurt and she couldn’t move her head. Doctor has said that she had to go to back to hospital to check up. She thought she didn’t have to go back to hospital. But, here she was now, and she was not alone.

“Why do I have to accompany you, noona?” Taehyun sounded not happy. He wore his hoodie and glasses and it somehow took people attention. The glasses were too big and he complained to her with a loud voice. Of course he became the center of attention. But he didn’t care anyways. “You know I’m busy working on my new project.” He hissed as they stepped out from the elevator. Even though she didn’t always feel troubled with her neck, the healing process might take a long time. Her neck was almost broken anyway. She didn’t need to do surgery but still it was painful. She couldn’t move her head properly and she refused to have the cast around her neck once again. She would never feel comfortable with cast.

“Aish, you’re not that busy, little brother. I know you’re still thinking the best plot for that project. Who knows you get inspiration in this hospital.” She walked slowly next to Taehyun. Her brother snorted.

“The story line is not related to hospital at all.” He said, slightly annoyed.

“You just can see people in here, and take notes of their characteristics. It’ll be helpful for you to create your own characters.” She told him as she pointed at people who were sitting on the chairs in front of the receptionist desk. Taehyun saw the direction she pointed at but didn’t look that satisfied.

“Tsk. I’ve imagined my own characters without even need to see people in reality. I believe in my imagination.”

“I just try to help you out, little brother.” She snorted.

“I’m not that desperate, noona. I don’t need your help.”

This little brother is really….

“You can’t be always in your room all day long. You need to grab some fresh air. It’s a good thing I ask you to go with me, right?” She reasoned.

“I don’t think hospital has fresh air. I smell only medicines.” He shot. “You took me to the wrong place for sure.”

 “Stop complaining.” She gritted her teeth.

“I won’t.” he stuck his tongue at her. Annoying.

She hissed. “I don’t get it why you always lock yourself in your room and just get out when it’s time for dinner.”

“Because my room always gives me inspiration.” He answered. It was her turn to snort. He sneered at her. “You can go alone for checking up, I know you can do it. And I don’t like the idea I had to take you in your office first.” He said when they almost reached the hospital’s gate.

She knew she had troubled Taehyun by asking him to pick her up at her office, but she had no choice since she was still frightened there was someone out there who still wanted to kill her. She stayed at home for two weeks full and today was her first time she stepped out from her house. She insisted not to go alone by herself. Minho had picked her in the morning and accompanied her to go to the office, and now she asked Taehyun to do it. She realized she was in paranoia, but really, it would get worse if she got depressed and needed to see psychiatry. But, gratefully, she didn’t. All the time, she always reminded herself that everything would be okay, that she didn’t need to be frightened. She had to be more careful, she needed to protect herself, even though she still didn’t get it why there was someone who wanted to kill her.

She hasn’t found the culprit. She has accused Kang Seungyoon but she caught a wrong person. She couldn’t forget what she had done this afternoon. It was embarrassing, really. And she didn’t know what to do whenever she met Seungyoon again. But she would always meet Seungyoon as long as she still worked in the company.

Kang Seungyoon must really hate her so much from now on.

It has turned out this way, she couldn’t get back the time. She should think about the way to fix everything. And she also needed to do something.

“Nam Taehyun, have you ever reported some case to the police?” she suddenly asked her brother. She knew she had to do this earlier, before that incident happened, but now she thought it was the right time to do some investigation. She really needed to tell the police. She needed protection.

“Why?” Taehyun raised an eyebrow. “You got a problem?”

“A-ah, my friend.” She lied. Of course she wouldn’t tell Taehyun that it was her, would she? “S-she got d-death t-threats since a month ago. B-but, she hasn’t t-told anything t-to the p-police.” She always stuttered every time she lied, and she hoped her brother didn’t realize it. To her wish, Taehyun just gave a shocked expression.

“Death threats? That’s freaking scary!” Taehyun looked scared. “How did she get the threats?”

Does he just believe in my story?

“Texts and calls.” She replied, remembering every single text and call she got from that person. “And it’s getting serious, since she was sta-stabbed by s-someone a week ago.” She knew she had to change the way and the time. She couldn’t obviously refer to her own accident.

“That’s really crazy! She’s alright, right?”

Yes, it’s really crazy, little brother.

She gulped. “Y-yes. But she needs long recovery.”

Well, another lie.

“She should call the police immediately.” He said it quickly. “Did she happen to know the culprit?”

“N-no. She never gets a clue who it was, nor she has enemies. She’s really confused about that.”

Taehyun looked even concerned. He furrowed eyebrows. “She really needs to tell the police immediately. Just tell everything and the police will find the culprit. Did she still have the number?”

8210-1489-2764

How can I forget it?

“Y-yes.” She finally answered.

“The police will track the location of the culprit as quick as they can. The culprit will be found soon.” Taehyun said to her. He then took out his phone from his pocket. “I have a friend in police station. He’s in division that takes care about this matter. Your friend can tell him everything so the investigation can be started. This is his number, and his name is Kim Jinhwan.”

Taehyun was really helpful if he found some serious case like this. She quickly took her broken phone and typed and saved the number. Finally, she got a solution for her problem. She just needed to tell this friend of Taehyun, and then the culprit would be found soon. She felt a bit relieved, but still scared. She stared at her phone in fear. Would everything end up well? Actually she disliked to involve the police into her life. She disliked having business with laws. She thought it would be a long problem if the police was involved. But really, she had no choice. The police would also secure her life, they would protect her.

At least for now she knew who the person she should contact and tell everything to.

“Thanks, Taehyun.” She said at last. Taehyun looked at her in such confused look.

“It’s weird, you just thanked me.” He said, shaking his body like he was shivering. She raised an eyebrow. “Did something hit your head in the recording room earlier?” he joked around.

“I always thank you, don’t I?” she stared back at her brother confusedly, not in the mood to argue. Taehyun looked taken aback from her words. His expression softened, he then patted her arm.

“Maybe it’s just me, but I think you also have a problem.” He mumbled. She slightly widened her eyes. Does he know everything?

“W-what do you mean?” she said, stuttering.

“You know, noona, you have been talking in your sleep ever since you fell from the stairs. You make me and mom worried.” He said honestly, a sad expression written over his face. He then laughed awkwardly. “You kept saying something like ‘no, don’t kill me’ or ‘go away from me’ for hundred times and you sweated a lot. Did you get nightmare? What did you dream about?” he looked curious.

She sighed. This matter was so serious that she couldn’t get over it from her head. She wished she could forget it, and it didn’t ever happen. “I watched many horror films lately.” She laughed awkwardly. “It was really scary and I couldn’t get over it.”

Taehyun raised an eyebrow. She had lied many times today, she disliked why she was like this. If she lied again, she wasn’t sure her brother wouldn’t catch it. It seemed like she worried too much, because right then, Taehyun just sighed and put his arm around her shoulder slowly. “You won’t come back to office today, right?

She nodded. “Yeah. Jinwoo sunbae told me to take rest at home.”

Taehyun smiled a little. “That’s good. It means we can just go home. I have to continue working.”

“Yeah, let’s just go home.” She replied with no energy. She didn’t move her body so much, but she felt tired. Well, she was not physically tired, but she was mentally tired.

“Let’s fix your phone first before we go home. There’s a phone shop there. It won’t take a long time to fix your phone. Come on.”

“W-what?” she blinked. She didn’t expect her brother say this. Taehyun never commented anything about her broken phone. Well, sometimes he was too ignorant about things around him. His world was just about drawing comics, and sometimes he didn’t care about her. But, if he was like this, something was happening. “You want something, don’t you?” she raised an eyebrow. Taehyun just giggled at her. Yes, there was an ulterior motive if he was too kind like this.

“Noona, you really know me well.” He said simply, smiling.

“Of course. I’m your older sister. I know you really well.” She replied in a bored tone. “What do you want?” she asked him directly.

Taehyun laughed to see the expression on her face. They then started walking. “I got many calls again from some girls, noona. You must know what I want you to do.” He giggled and patted her shoulder.

“Yeah, yeah. I know.” She sighed heavily. She should call them with different voices, definitely.

“Let’s go!” he said cheerfully, still having his hand around her shoulder. She just walked with him and hugged him by the waist before they stepped into the shop.

 

 

 

“Yah, you shouldn’t say it straight forwardly to him. Even though you’re accusing him of doing so, you should just keep that fact to yourself until you get the evidence and know the truth. It can hurt him.”

“I’m so curious, Minho, that’s why I did it.” She replied, sighing frustratingly. She kept remembering what she had done to Kang Seungyoon yesterday. And the way he stared at her now, it was the same as before, but now it felt so hurtful. It was not just glaring, but more like killing her with his stares. It was frustrating, really. “And I didn’t think twice when I asked him at that time.” She added. “I just wanted to know. He acts strange all the time though. He always glares at me.” She knew it was bad for accusing him just because of that excuse. It was all her fault. She shouldn’t do that. All she could do now was regretting over what had happened. But, it was no use, right?

 Minho chuckled. “Do you have any evidence?”

“Well, no.” She shook her head. “I’ve asked Jinwoo sunbae to check Taehyun’s company building. He had a friend there, so he asked his friend to look for the CCTV at the event. It was really weird that the part when I fell was sabotaged and broken and it only showed the next scene, when Seungyoon found me. I was sure no one knew about me walking out the hall. It was only Seungyoon who knew and found me. It was strange, right?”

“Yeah, anything can happen. He looks annoying, but I don’t think he would do that, push you and then help you.” Minho said, slightly laughing. “Probably he just happened to hear you screamed and came to help you. Imagine if nobody was there and no one helped you,” he smiled,”you couldn’t get treated by the doctor soon and probably got more serious injuries. You have to be thankful.” He reminded her.

She nodded. Minho is right. “You’re right.” She took a sip of her drink. “He must hate me so much. Well, he already hates me from the beginning.” She added and sighed once again. She didn’t know when she should apologize to him. He always stared at her like that, it was really scary. She hesitated to apologize, just because she thought he was completely mad at her and, yeah, hated her.

She was a coward, she knew it and she hated it.

“Why do you always say he hates you?” Minho raised an eyebrow. “Because he always glared at you like that?”

“Well, if you were me, what would you think?” she asked him back.

“I don’t think he hates you.” He answered firmly. “I don’t see him often like you do, but I can say he’s not like he hates you. If he hates you, then he hates everybody.” He added. “And he hates me, too. Did you remember how he stared at me when we met in front of the hospital?”

She couldn’t help but laugh. Minho must be surprised to be stared like that. “Yes, he must hate you too.” She said. Minho laughed. “But, none of us know why he seems to hate us. I know I’m the only one who thinks it’s a problem. Jinwoo sunbae never talks about this, either. Whenever Seungyoon seems not listening to us, Jinwoo sunbae always says Seungyoon always listens. Probably I just don’t understand him, but we’ve been partners ever since I stepped into the company. He never talked to me, he completely ignored me, even when I need his guidance since I was a new dubber at that time.”

Minho nodded in understanding. “So, he is really strange.”

She grinned. “I told you.”

“But, since you’ve found out that he’s not the person who tried to kill you, it doesn’t matter. You just need to treat him like you usually do. It’s like it’s his natural behaviour to glare at people like that.” He said and drank his water. “You don’t need to worry.”

She sighed. “But, how do I apologize to him? I was dead embarrassed.” She was shrunk to her chair. She didn’t know how to apologize to a person who ignored her all the time. But, she did do something wrong, she really needed to apologize. Would Seungyoon accept her apology? Or he would just ignore her like always?

“If you’ve apologized to him, you won’t feel the burden anymore. Just apologize, and you will feel relieved.” He smiled widely.

“You think it will work?” she blinked.

“Of course. Apologizing is a good thing, it’s not embarrassing. It shows that you’re wise and mature. Why worry?”

“Do you think he will forgive me?” she looked intently at him.

“Of course he will forgive you. Why won’t he do that?” he knitted his eyebrows in confusion.

She pouted. “I’ve said to you he probably hates me. That means he doesn’t want to forgive me.”

“You never know until you try, right?”

She was about to answer when her mom was coming.

“Eat well, Minho ssi!” her mom came with meals.

O-oh yes, they were in her mom’s restaurant.

It was the first time she bought Minho here. It was just because when Minho came to bring her home two weeks ago, mom finally met him. Mom wanted to thank Minho because he had taken care of her. And mom asked her to bring Minho to the restaurant. Mom also asked her to bring along Jinwoo and Seungyoon, but the two were busy at the office.

“How is the meal, Minho ssi?” mom asked him cheerfully as mom took a seat next to her. Mom looked so happy to see Minho here.

“Yes, Ma’am. It’s the best. It’s very delicious.” Minho smiled widely.

Mom seemed very happy to hear Minho’s answer. “You can come here everyday if you want.” Mom’s smile grew wider.

“Oh, really? I can do that?” Minho’s eyes flickered in happiness.

“Of course! I’ll be very glad if you can come here often.”

She didn’t get it why mom looked so happy to meet Minho again. Mom had been so curious about Minho last time, and after she mentioned that Minho was her ex-boyfriend. Mom never looked so happy like this, not before Seunghoon broke up with her and the wedding was cancelled. She realized it, her cancelled wedding affected her mom so much. Mom was more worried about her, especially about her relationship. Mom worried that she showed no intention in having another relationship ever since the wedding was cancelled, and she wasn’t close with any guy.

Anyway, how could she forget Seunghoon easily after years they have spent together?

She thought it was not an easy thing to do.

After they finished their dinner, Minho walked her back to the office. All the way to the office, Minho couldn’t stop smiling. It was weird. They even didn’t talk about something funny though.

“Why are you laughing?” she asked. She was so curious anyways.

He tried to hold his laughter. “I just remembered about what your mom said earlier.” He grinned. “Is that true I’m the first friend you brought there?”

Mom told him many things, really.

She cleared . “Well, I barely bring my friends there.”

He giggled to hear her answer. “Your mom is very nice. I don’t know why we must hide from her when we’re still dating.” He said.

It was the very first time Minho talked about their past. Mom made him did so. Mom had known everything and even asked Minho how he met her years ago. Both mom and he talked about many things without she even understood what they were talking about. She must admit that mom and him getting along so well.

“Mom is very strict sometimes.” She replied. “We can’t just meet her and ask to let us dating.”

He chuckled. “But I think your mom will give us approval. If she wouldn’t, at that time I should try to make her give me permission to date you.”

She raised an eyebrow. “How will you do that?”

“Act cutely? Aegyo?” he burst into laughter as he himself tried to act cutely. It was so funny since he never did it before. She couldn’t help but also laugh.

“Aegyo would not affect my mom, except the one who does it is Taehyun.” She commented after she could stop laughing.

“Really? I should think about another way, then.” He laughed again. She laughed again. Minho stared at her and grinned. “You always laugh at my jokes. I feel I’m like a comedian.” He said.

She burst into laughter once again. “Why don’t you become a comedian? It really suits you.”

He shook his hand. “No, no. I just like my job now.” They almost reached her office. It was weird the trip felt so fast. Maybe it was because they spent their time by talking and laughing. This was what she liked the most when she was with Minho. She really enjoyed every moment and she always forgot about the time. They always had topics to be talked about, about many random things. She was grateful she and Minho could still be friends after they broke up.

“I wonder how we will end up if back in those days I meet your mom. Will we break up like before? Or we’re now still dating?” Minho suddenly said.

She went silent. She wondered about it, too. What if they asked her mom’s permission at that time? Would they still be together? And, would she still meet Seunghoon, too? Well, she met Seunghoon, months after she broke up with Minho, in an event that was held by a publishing company. The company where Seunghoon worked as a manager used to be Taehyun’s webtoon publisher, it was before Taehyun signed with another publisher a year after. She knew she just could wonder, but she could not do anything. Everything had happened like this. She had broken up with Minho at that time, after that, she met Seunghoon and they almost got married.

Life is so unexpected.

She smiled bitterly to herself. She couldn’t blame the fate. She regretted why Seunghoon decided to leave her. And she couldn’t do anything.

And it hurt until today.

“You know we broke up not because of my mom.” She said after she came back to reality.  Yes, they broke up not because of her mom. She just thought they should end their relationship because they were in the last year, many things they should take care of. Actually, Minho didn’t like that idea, that they should break up. But, he then did as she wished, because he couldn’t do anything if she didn’t want to be with him anymore.

“I know that,” Minho replied simply, “but you did say you’re afraid your mom would find out about us, and we better broke up before your mom caught us.”

Well, that was another reason.

“Uh, you’re right.” She at last said.

Minho smiled calmly. And seconds later, his smile was gone. “You know it’s been so hard for me at that time.” He looked at the night sky and laughed awkwardly. “I never want us to break up. You gave me a hard choice back then.”

She couldn’t help but just smile dryly. “It was hard for me, too.”

“Really? But you did move on so fast from me, didn’t you?” he nudged her. She blinked many times in confusion. “You met that Lee Seunghoon guy, right?”

“W-what? Oh, yeah.” She answered. Minho surely didn’t know Seunghoon personally, but he must have got her and Seunghoon’s wedding invitation. She sent the invitations to all her friends in college though.

She sighed heavily. She thought she wouldn’t hear that name today, but it was weirder since Minho was the one who mentioned that name.

“What happened to the wedding? Our college friends said it got cancelled.” Minho asked. It was the most difficult question she always got in this past year. Her friends have asked the same question, and even though Minho was not the first friend who asked the question, she still didn’t know how to answer. It was painful to have people asking the same question repeatedly. It really drove her crazy. All of people including her neighbours gossiped about her, about how pitiful she was to be dumped several days before the wedding. It hurt her so much, and it hurt her mom, too.

“It’s really cancelled.” She said.

“Why? Did something happen?” Minho sounded curious.

“Yeah.” She laughed bitterly. “He just dumped me.”

“Did he really do that?” he sounded so shocked this time.

“Surprising, isn’t it?” she laughed awkwardly. She used to cry whenever she remembered about Seunghoon and the wedding. But, no, she couldn’t cry for now. She couldn’t cry over what had happened. It was no use, since everything wouldn’t go back to what she wanted them to.

Minho seemed to understand her feeling. He didn’t say any words as they kept walking to her office. She didn’t know what to say, too. She didn’t want to talk about the wedding anymore. It always felt like rubbing salt to a wound. She knew she couldn’t be like this forever. It just made her look pathetic. And she already was.

“Your mom seems having no problem with me,” he started to talk again after some seconds of silence. She noticed they were not talking about Seunghoon again and it was a relief they didn’t continue talking about that cancelled wedding. Minho was really aware that she didn’t want to talk about that guy anymore. Minho smiled slightly. ”What about we start it all over again?”

She stopped on her tracks. What did he say?

She turned around to see Minho. Minho smiled brightly at her and stopped walking as well.

“W-what do you mean?” she asked him, totally puzzled.

“You and me, date again. What do you think?”

Her eyes widened in surprise. Did he really say it? She blinked many times. She never expected he would say it to her. She didn’t expect that he thought about having that kind of relationship with her again. But what now?

“Song Minho, are you serious?” she carefully asked him. She plastered serious yet confused expression. But he did the reverse. He plastered a bright and cheerful expression on his face. She couldn’t know the real answer.

“Never been I’m so serious like this in my whole life.” He laughed to see her confused expression.

She knitted her eyebrows together. She looked even confused. Is he serious or not? “You’re laughing, you’re joking.” She said with a frown. She nudged him.

He was still laughing. “Really, I’m not. I really mean it. It’s not a bad idea, is it?” he grinned with delight.

“Well, yeah, it’s not.” She had been thinking of this since her mom asking why she didn’t get back together with Minho. Was it good to start all over again? It was always fun to be with Minho, it must be good to be with him again. But...

“But why do you hesitate?” he asked when they walked again.

“I-uh, I just need time to think about it.” She replied weirdly. She still couldn’t get Seunghoon all over her mind.

That was still the problem, her biggest problem.

Minho smiled calmly at her. “Alright. Tell me whenever you’ve found the answer.” He patted her shoulder.

She looked at him intently. She narrowed her eyes. “I don’t know you’re really serious about this, Song Minho.”

“Well, you know that now, right?” he beamed. They finally arrived in front of her office building. They were looking at each other. She could see Minho was so happy. His face looked so bright, and he couldn’t stop smiling. Minho didn’t change any single bit. He liked to smile a lot like this back then. Their old days were really good and nice to remember.

“Can I do something before I go?” out of blue, Minho asked her.

Before she could answer him, he leaned in and gave a quick peck on her head. She widened her eyes in shock. What is he doing!?

“Yah, Song Minho! You can’t do that!” she hit his arm many times.

“Stop, stop! That hurts!” He laughed wholeheartedly. She stopped hitting him but still looked upset. He looked the opposite, he was so happy. He then messed up her hair. “I’m leaving.” He walked away and waved at her, still having that happy expression on his face.

She sighed, trying to fix her messy hair.

Song Minho was sometimes surprising.

And her heart wasn’t ever ready for that.

 

 

 

“Kang Seungyoon ssi! Kang Seungyoon ssi, wait!” she ran toward Seungyoon who walked so fast as soon as they got off the bus. Actually she didn’t realize that she was on the same bus with Seungyoon this morning. She just realized that he was there when the bus stopped and people got off the bus one by one. It was a good thing to meet Seungyoon right now. Actually she really planned to talk to him.

This morning she got no company to go to the office. She decided to go by bus as soon as she went outside her house. All the way to her destination, she was thinking about how to talk to Seungyoon. But what she got now? Seungyoon ignored her this time, he didn’t even look back even though she had called his name many times. He got that headphone on his head as always. At last, she could reach him and patted his back. Seungyoon turned around in quick speed. When he saw it was her, he started to glare at her again.

Well, he will always do this to me, won’t he?

“I-I’m terribly sorry to surprise you, Seungyoon ssi.” She sincerely apologized while panted. Seungyoon didn’t stop glaring. He looked so pissed off. But she didn’t care. She had run toward him to do something. She glanced at a cake box in her right hand before she looked up at him. “I don’t know we’re on the same bus. Your house must be in the same direction as mine.” She uttered, trying to break the ice between them. But, well, it was no use.

“What do you want?” he asked her coldly.

She let out a deep sigh. She must do this, no matter what would happen.

“Uh, uh, I k-know you’re still mad at me because what I did to you days ago.” She said weirdly. She hesitated for some seconds, looking for the right words. “Look, I don’t blame you if you’re mad at me. I deserved it. But, I really regret what I’ve done. Besides, you had helped me and took me to the hospital. I should thank you, and I shouldn’t accuse you as the culprit. So…” she gave the box to Seungyoon,”I want to give you this. I give this as an apology.”

Seungyoon didn’t move any muscles. He stared at her without saying anything. He also glanced at the cake box in her hand. He didn’t seem he would take it though.

“I’m really sorry, Seungyoon ssi.” She sincerely said and bowed a little. She stared at him. She blinked as he was still silent and did nothing to the box. “W-why don’t you take it? Are y-you…not going to forgive me?” that was what she feared the most. If he didn’t take the cake, her mission was failed. And if he didn’t take the cake, it meant he couldn’t forgive her. Aish.

But, to her surprise, he took the box and walked away leaving her.

She blinked many times.

She ran to him. “Wait!” Thanks God she was still able to run, because this Kang Seungyoon really had no intention to walk slowly to their office. She used to see this character of him. He was weird as always. As she reached him and walked beside him, he didn’t give any reaction that he noticed her presence. It seemed like he had forgiven her, he took the box. She felt somehow relieved. Hey, Minho was right. It feels like I have lost my burden. She felt a bit happy for no reason.

“Can’t we walk together to the office? We have the same sessions today.” She cheerfully told him, and he ignored her. Well, for him, talking to her probably was really not a fun thing to do. And it was no use to act friendly like this, because it wouldn’t affect anything. He would always ignore people. But really, she still needed to talk to him once again.

“Anyway, I invite you to my mom’s restaurant tonight.” She started to talk. “I invited you, Hanbin, Hanbyul and Jinwoo sunbae to have dinner together.” She said, staring at him. No, he didn’t look like he was interested. It was really difficult to ask him join. “What do you think?”

No answers.

Well, she got used to it.

She was about to say something as her eyes caught something. There were so many people in front of their office building. Most of them were girls. She got so puzzled. Never been people gathered in front of their office like that. What’s happening?

“Ah, the dubbers are coming!” someone shouted as the people saw them.

She blinked. Are they waiting for us?

Those girls walked to her and Seungyoon and greeted them cheerfully. She bowed at them uncertainly. She still had no clue what was going on. When she saw one of the girls holding Taehyun’s comic, she finally understood. It must be related to her brother.

“Today is the first recording of Taehyun’s oppa animation, isn’t it?” a girl with beautiful long hair asked her.

“Y-yes, it is.” She answered right away. “What are you guys doing here?”

“We heard that Taehyun oppa will also come to see the recording process.” Another girl talked. “So we’re here waiting for oppa to come.”

O-oh.

Well, all that she knew was that Taehyun wouldn’t come here in the morning because he had a meeting with his assistants. He told her this morning when they were having breakfast. It was a pity that these girls have waited for her brother but her brother would never come.

“I don’t think Nam Taehyun ssi would come this morning, girls.” She unconsciously said.

Those girls looked so confused.

“What are you talking about?” they started to start at her curiously. Their stares were really intimidating. They didn’t look like they believed in her words. No, they didn’t show anger, but they disliked the fact that she looked like she knew something they didn’t know. It was the first time she experienced something like this. She didn’t know how to react.

“I know this eonni.” Someone spoke. “She’s one of the dubbers that got the role without even did the audition.”

Hey, how did they know that?

“Oh, really?” some others looked surprised.

“Taehyun oppa is said to always listen to whatever she dubbed.”

“She must have some relation with Taehyun oppa.”

Hey, why do they think like that? And who said that Taehyun listens to whatever I dub? Taehyun never listens to any of my programs!

“I think you guys misunderstand.” She tried to break the tension. These girls stared at her annoyingly. They looked pissed off. Hey, what did I do wrong?

“Wait a minute,” the girl with beautiful hair said,”I’ve heard a voice like this eonni’s voice when I called oppa.”

She widened her eyes. So this girl is one of the girls who always calls my little brother?

Did they know about the fake calls?

These girls’ stares got more intimidating. They looked at her curiously, which made her not comfortable. She couldn’t stand it. She got shivered as she got a new message on her phone.

 

From: 821014892764

Don’t ever try to hide from me, because no matter what happens, I’ll always find you and you’ll die.

 

No, no way.

He was back.