Episode 2: Done! But Wait, There's More!

We Got Married (Big Bang & Apink edition)

**********

 

The scene cut to where Mino was seated in Taeyang’s living room with his hyung, as well as his Apink sunbaes.

 

“Ahhh, now I understand.  You two are married for the show,” Mino said, finally realizing that he had been filmed during the whole door scene.  He then got back up to bow to the camera, as well as to Apink.  “Annyeounghasaeyo, WINNER Mino imnida!”

 

“Yah, yah.  Sit back down, you don’t need to be formal anymore,” Taeyang said.  “Aren’t you, Bomi and Eunji-ah all 93-liners?  You should become comfortable with them, Mino-yah.”  Taeyang then thought for a bit as Mino and Apink looked at him.  “Not too close, though,” leading to laughter amongst the younger idols.

 

The scene ended, before fading into a new scene, showing the home of Yura and Jonghyun.

 

Park Mi Sun:  Ahhh, looks like Taeyang and Eunji’s part is done for now.  Did they film more after this, Chorongie?

 

Chorong:  Ani, Youngbae oppa said he had to practice being an MC for a party.  I think they were going to film sometime next week.

 

Hong Jin Young:  Okay, but before we continue, anyone have ideas for their couple name?  (looks around)

 

Hayoung:  Oh, I do! (raises her hand)  We can’t say TaEun because that was Taemin oppa and Naeun unnie’s name, but what about HyeBae?  It uses their real names, Hyerim and Youngbae?

 

Eric Nam:  Maybe that could work, so let’s stick with it and see how the viewers respond to it. 

 

Heo Kyung Hwan:  Now let’s focus on Yura-sshi and Jonghyun-sshi!

 

**********

 

Chorong and Hayoung bowed to the staff of We Got Married, appreciating the work they have done during the filming.  Park Mi Sun came over to thank the Apink idols as well.  “You girls did wonderful today.”

 

“Thank you, unnie!  We had fun today,” Chorong responded as Hayoung agreed.

 

“It’s great hearing that.  Now go and get some rest, it’s still 8 am and you girls must have more schedules soon.  Bye!,” Mi Sun said as she waved goodbye and left the two idols.

 

Chorong and Hayoung returned to their dressing room, where they started a conversation.  “Hayoungie, that was funny, you know?”

 

“What was, unnie?”

 

“The couple name you gave, haha.  You know Eunji-ah doesn’t like it when we call her by her real name.  At least it’s not her full real name,” Chorong explained.

 

Hayoung gasped and covered .  “Ahhh, I forgot about that!  Don’t mention it to Eunji unnie, please!”

 

Chorong imitated closing a zipper on , before checking her phone because of a call being received.  “It’s Eunji calling right now.,” she told Hayoung.   Chorong put it on speakerphone. “Yah.”

 

/Unnie?  Are you and Hayoungie done filming?/  Eunji asked.

 

“Neh, unnie, we are.  We’re waiting for manager oppa to call us and pick us up.  Why?,” Hayoung said as she was cleaning up her things.

 

/Manager oppa is busy with things at the company, so I’m picking you up./

 

“What do you mean?  You don’t have a license yet?,” Chorong said knowingly, being the only Apink member to have a license herself.

 

/Youngbae oppa is driving.  He was going to visit Seungri sunbaenim at the hospital before he goes to Singapore in a few hours.  He offered a ride to the rest of the girls and I if we were interested.  Plus, it’s on the way to the studios where you are./

 

“Jinjja?  Araso, I guess then since it seems it’s alright with oppa,” Chorong concluded.  “See you guys soon.”

 

**********

 

Chorong and Hayoung were looking around for Taeyang’s car, in anticipation of what it could be.  “What car do you think oppa has, unnie?,” Hayoung asked.

 

“I would expect a sports car, but since the girls are with him, maybe an SUV?,” Chorong guessed.

 

The two girls heard a distant honk from behind them, leading them to turn around to a van.

 

A VAN.

 

“So you girls getting in or not?,” Taeyang asked through the passenger side window that was rolled down.  Eunji was also seated in the front passenger seat.

 

“U-u-ummmm, yeah!  We are!,” Chorong responded as she and Hayoung rushed to the van’s sliding door and got it.

 

Taeyang began to drive out of the studio parking and back onto the city streets.  “So, how was the filming today?, he asked as Eunji started changing the radio stations.”

 

“I-it was fine, oppa,” Hayoung said as she sat down next to Naeun, who was checking her phone.

 

“I’m not going to lie, I didn’t expect Youngbae oppa to be driving a -,” Chorong started.

 

“A van?  Neither did we,” Bomi spoke up in the back seat as she was playing with Namjoo’s hair, who seemed to doze off.

 

“Yah, like I said before, I bought a lot of stuff when my members said I didn’t spend enough.  A van was one of them.  I barely use this van, since I decided to donate it for my company’s use, but it’s still technically mines.  I just happened to be there when Eunji called me for a ride,” Taeyang explained.

 

“Yah, it’s fine, Youngbae oppa.  Just focus on driving to the hospital, and we’ll get to see if Seungri sunbaenim is fine,” Eunji said to comfort Taeyang over his uneasiness at the moment.  Taeyang kept quiet for a bit as he continued driving, though seemingly under a spell

 

Chorong, seeing this, apologized for what has happened in the last few minutes.  “Ahhhh, oppa, we didn’t mean it like that, especially at a time like this when you’re focusing on the fact that Seungri sunbaenim is in the hospital.”

 

Eunji took Taeyang’s free hand and squeezed it to show both her and Apink’s support during this time.  Taeyang looked into his rear-view mirror and gave a thanking smile to the rest of Apink, who had started paying attention after his silence.  He continued his drive to the hospital, before parking his van in the parking lot.

 

The idols got out of the van, covered by jackets in case there were lots of reporters outside the hospital.  However, they were lucky, as it seemed that there were no reporters in sight.  They entered the hospital, and Taeyang left to talk to the receptionists to ask for Seungri’s room, leaving the Apink girls in the lobby.

 

“Looks like you two are getting even closer, Eunji-ah,” Chorong teased, remembering the skinship moment the ‘married’ couple had earlier.  The rest of the girls turned to Eunji and started to tease as well, but Eunji wasn’t flustered or blushing.

 

Instead, Eunji seemed a bit concerned, as she looked towards Taeyang.

 

“What’s wrong, Eunji-ah,” Chorong asked, herself concerned with Eunji.

 

“Oppa called me to meet up with him late last night.  When we met in his apartment, he seemed out of it,” Eunji started.  “When I finally got him to talk, he said that he was the last person who talked to Seungri sunbaenim befoe his accident.  He said that he jokingly told Seungri to go home quickly and get some rest for their plane flight today.”

 

The girls continued to listen Eunji’s story while taking short glimpses of Taeyang at the receptionist counter. 

 

Eunji continued, saying,” When oppa heard about Seungri’s accident from his manager, he started blaming himself for it, which seems to still be affecting him even after I told him it was just a coincidence that this happened.”

 

“Which helps to explain his behavior when he was driving,” Bomi added, looking like she was still regretting their comments that they made in the van.

 

Taeyang, who returned from the receptionist counter, interrupted the girls.  “Hey you girls doing fine?  Let’s go, I got the room number.”  He led them to an elevator, and they went to the 3rd floor.  As they exited the elevator, they saw some familiar figures standing outside a room.  “Yo, Jiyongie.  Hyung.  Daesungie.  How’s Ri doing?,” Taeyang said as he greeted each of his present members with a handshake.

 

“He’s doing fine, just some internal pain but nothing too serious from what I heard,” GD said as he also greeted the Apink members with a bow and smile.  “Annyeong, Apink.  Sorry that our first meeting with each other’s groups had to come at a time like this.”

 

“Ani, I think it was maybe a mistake to come, seeing as you guys might want some alone time with Seungri sunbaenim,” Chorong spoke for her group.

 

“It’s no problem really,” Daesung said.  “Youngbae hyung asked if it was alright with us beforehand, and we thought that it would help cheer up Ri honestly,” leading to laughter amongst the idols and making the atmosphere comfortable again.

 

Top asked, “Youngbae-ah, you wanted to see Ri, right?  He should be awake right now.”

 

Taeyang nodded, but before he walked towards the doorway, Eunji took his hand.  He smiled back to her, before leading her and Apink into the hospital room. 

 

GD whispered to Daesung, but loud enough for some Apink members to hear.  “Yah, is Youngbae already that close with Eunji?  A miracle if I ever saw one,” leading to Daesung and the Apink members to chuckle.

 

“Sup, Ri.  How you doing?”

 

“Omo!  Apink!,” Seungri said before getting hit on his head by Taeyang. 

 

“Yah!  You get me all worried, but when I come to visit, all you’re interested in is my wife’s group!,” Taeyang jokingly scolded.

 

“S-sorry, hyung.  Just a bit too excited, I guess.  Same with last night too,” Seungri said, referring to his accident. 

 

“Be grateful that nothing serious happened.  I don’t know what we’d do if it was a repeat of Daesung,” Taeyang said slowly as he sat down next to Seungri, with Apink looking on.  “You remember what I had to do, right?  Help him break out of the shell he made?  It’s a good thing you don’t let things like this get to you.”

 

“Of course, I don’t want you to worry yourself too much.  I’ll learn from this, and I won’t let you down again.  I’m sorry that I can’t go with you guys to Singapore.”

 

“Don’t worry about it, we’ll make our performance stronger to make up the space left by you,” Taeyang said before feeling a tap on his shoulder.  It was Eunji.

 

“Oppa, we’ll leave you two to talk alone, okay?  Seungri sunbaenim, let’s talk more the next time we meet.  Maybe even during a WGM recording session,” to which Seungri nodded.

 

The Apink members exited the room and closed the door behind them, leaving them outside with the other three Big Bang members.  GD asked them, “What did Youngbae talk about?  Did he compare this to Daesungie?”

 

The girls just nodded, to which GD nodded back.  Daesung started, “Well it makes sense since it’s a similar accident, but at least it wasn’t anything too bad.”  The girls were a bit shocked by Daesung’s almost-happy attitude towards this, especially since his accident had a worse outcome.  “If you girls are confused, I don’t blame you.  But without Youngbae hyung’s help, I probably wouldn’t be talking that openly about it.  He, as well as the rest of my members, comforted me when I needed it, and I’m always grateful for it.”

 

Top added,” We’ve all had Youngbae have a huge role in our lives, as do us to him, but there’s something more about him.”

 

GD finally said, “If we had to give roles based off a member’s personality, Youngbae would be the mom of Big Bang.  He’s the one who seems the strongest and comforts the members when they need it.”

 

The Apink members acknowledged this statement.

 

GD continued,” We agree that Youngbae is probably the backbone of Big Bang, but that’s a huge burden for him.”  He looked directly to Eunji.  “Eunji-ah.”

 

Eunji looked up and connected stares with GD.

 

“Keep being you.  Because it’s obvious Youngbae likes you too,”  prompting Eunji to blush.

 

“Yah, even we can’t get her to blush this red,” Bomi joked, creating laughter for the idols.

 

Taeyang exited the room, coming out to laughter.  “What’s going on,” he asked.

 

Eunji, whose face was still red, said, “Nothing!  I-I’m going to buy a water bottle!,” before walking away towards a vending machine.

 

Taeyang who was still confused, shouted to her, “Get me one too!,” before taking a seat next to Hayoung.

 

Hayoung, who took a seat after laughing so hard, quickly thought of another thing to lighten up the mood, but more importantly, make fun of Eunji once again.  “Oppa, wanna know something about unnie?”  She whispered into Taeyang’s ear before chuckling.

 

“Jinjja?,” was all he was able to ask before Eunji returned and threw him a water bottle.  Eunji then started to drink her own bottle.  Taeyang looked back to Hayoung, who gave him a thumbs up, before looking back to Eunji.  “Gomawo, Hyerim-ah~”

 

Eunji almost spat out her water after hearing her dreaded real name.

 

“Yah!  Who told you that?!”

 

___________________________________________________________________

 

A/N:

 

An update a month?  Certainly not what I planned, but again, college is a recurring reason why I don’t update as often as I would like.

 

Anyways, in this chapter, I made a transition into a story beyond just the WGM show, so there’s progress in my opinion.  I still have to advance past September in this story, so I’ll think of ways to do that.

 

To end this author’s note, I wanted to say that part of my shipping heart has died once again, this time with SNSD’s Yuri.  If you’re new to my stories, then I’ll explain that I used to be a hardcore YulYang shipper, writing most of my stories with this pairing.  However, as time went on, I moved on as well, but it was always a special ship for me.  And now with the news, I think that my next oneshot will be of this YulYang pairing, and it’ll probably be a sequel of a previous story I wrote called: Yuri’s Birthday.  So if you are interested in reading about the pairing that started me off, click here to subscribe and wait for the chapter to come out.

 

Thanks for reading, and may the next update be quicker this time around!