Chapter 5

Blanket Kick

Jimin stared at his hyung, speechless.

“Hyung, you weren’t asleep? W-what did you say?”

Yoongi gulped, regretting saying anything as he saw Jimin’s wide, innocent eyes looking at him.

“I-I just don’t want you to feel awkward around me or anything. I’m sorry if I gave you mixed signals Jimin. I’m not ready to feel anything for anyone yet. So you can keep having those feelings, I don’t blame you, but with time it will pass by” 

And as he saw Jimin’s eyes water he swore he didn’t wanted to kill himself more than at this moment.

“Oh” is all Jimin said. “D-don’t worry, it’s not like I fell in love with you or something”

Yoongi flinched at his words.

“I was just starting to see you in a different way.”

He removed Yoongi’s hand from his arm. “Hyung, you should have kept sleeping, it would have saved me from embarrassing myself. I knew you didn’t feel anything for me that’s why I was going to try and stop myself from feeling anything else for you. Now I’ll make sure to stop, so don’t worry.”

Yoongi sighed as he saw Jimin heading to the door.

“Where do you think you’re going at this time?”

Jimin didn’t turn around. “You don’t need to know hyung”

He opened the door.

“Jimin-”

“Hyung, I’ll be back don’t worry.”

Yoongi stood up from his bed. “I’ll go with you, come on”

“Yoongi Hyung!” Jimin cried, startling the other.

He never seen him like this. Jimin was always so bubbly and happy.

“Can’t you just leave me alone?! You’re making it harder for me.”

Yoongi stood there, speechless.

Jimin gave him one last look and he was gone.

What did I just do to him? Only because I’m afraid of hurting? Why would Jimin hurt me when I am the one hurting him right now?

I’m so stupid.

Yoongi thought as he kicked his blanket that was thrown messily in the floor.

 

Jimin walked slowly through the streets. His mind clearing at each step he took.

“I shouldn’t have yelled at hyung. It’s not his fault he doesn’t feel anything for me”

He sighed, shoving his hands in his pockets as he thought of Yoongi and his speechless face earlier.

“I startled him a little bit didn’t I?” he chuckled.

“Hyung?” a voice startled him.

He looked sideways and saw Taehyung walking his way with grocery bags in each hand.

“Why are you walking alone in the streets at this hour?”

Jimin smiled at him. “Do you want me to help you? Why did you buy so many? Are you having a party or what?”

As he was about to reach for the bags, Taehyung stepped back.

“Hyung, I know we are not close. I mean I barely met you and I bet your first impression of me wasn’t exactly the best. But if you want to talk about anything that bothers you, I’m here” Taehyng said,

Jimin nodded slowly. “Thanks Taehyung, but its okay, I can deal with my stuff on my own”

“Are you sure?” Taehyung sighed.

Jimin nodded once again.

“Yes, now do you want me to help or not?”

Taehyung shook his head. “I prefer for you to go back hyung. It’s dangerous to be walking by yourself at this hour” 

“But I can’t go back” Jimin breathed.

Taehyung stared at him curiously. “Why not?”

“I-I..just because” Jimin looked down.

Taehyung stared at him. “Are you sure you’re okay hyung?”

Jimin looked back to him.

“Are you going to your dorm? C-Can I stay there just for tonight?”
 

Jungkook sighed frustratingly as he quickly picked up a piece of clothing thrown in the floor.

“Why couldn’t you tell me hyung was coming?” he whispered harshly on Taehyung's ear as they both watched Jimin looking around their room. 

“What? You don’t want him here?” Taehyung questioned.

“Are you crazy? It’s Park Jimin! It’s just, I would’ve had cleaned a little before he came”

Jimin turned around, slightly smiling. “Its okay guys, it’s not that messy, I can sleep well in the floor.”

“You heard us?” Jungkook whispered.

“You’re not exactly the best at whispering” Jimin whispered back, chuckling at Jungkook’s blushing face.

Jimin sighed. “Thank you guys. I know our first meeting was kind of awkward, but I’ll make sure to make it better” 

Both Taehyung and Jungkook smiled and nodded.

Jimin chuckled. He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket.

He winced a little bit as Yoongi’s name appeared in the screen.

When will you come back? We need to talk.

Jimin looked back at the other guys, both of them showing concern at their hyung’s sudden change of mood.

“Is everything okay?” Jungkook asked. 

Jimin nodded, putting his phone back in his pocket. “Everything is fine. Are we eating before sleeping? I’m kind of hungry.”

 

 

Yoongi paced back and forth back in their dorm.

He had sent the message a long time ago, and Jimin still hadn’t answer.

“I deserve this don’t I?” he questioned.

He sighed exasperatingly. “This won’t do, I have to go look for him. I have to stop being a coward and stop being afraid of every chance in love I get”

He put on his shoes and grabbed his coat as he walked out of the dorm.

He took of his phone and dialed Jimin once again, hoping for him to answer.

“Hello?”

Yoongi sighed in relief.

“Jimin! Where are you? We need to talk”

“Jimin is sleeping, Yoongi hyung. Is there anything you want to me to tell him? Oh, it’s Taehyung by the way”

Yoongi sighed sadly. “Oh, Taehyung. N-No, it’s nothing, I-I’ll see if I can talk to him t-tomorrow”

“Are you sure hyung? I can—“

Yoongi hanged up before he could say anything.

He ran a hand through his hair as he walked back to his dorm.

Was I too late?

He slowed his pace. But I can’t stay like this right?

He shook his head as he backed up, turning the other way around.

“No, I can’t stay like this”