Ball Night Part 1

My Dear Demon Angel

Baekhyun's P.O.V

The shadows are coming closer and the screams get louder and louder. Baekhyun runs and struggles to not get swallowed by the darkness as he runs and runs. But he starts to stumble and he's losing control of his body. Slowly and painfully he loses his control and all he can do is to watch himself disappear in the darkness and slowly lose himself more and more...

Baekhyun suddenly sits up on his bed and gasps for air. He's back inside his room and he's sitting alone on his bed. He hurries to turn on the small lamp on his nightstand to just be sure that he's not stuck in the darkness he was swallowed by in the dream. But he's back in his room. The light from the lamp kills the darkness and leaves an assuring feeling.

Baekhyun takes a couple of deep breaths before he lays down on the bed again. He's sweating like a pig. The nightmare really got him to freak out, he feels a little paranoid even though he knows that it was just a dream and that he's awake. But it truly felt like he lost control of himself, that something else took over him.

Baekhyun glances over at the small alarm clock on his nightstand, it's only past 4 am. It's quite bright outside the window though, since it's summer time and all. Soon Baekhyun will have to go up and prepare himself for tonight. He can take it easy until the afternoon though, but he already promised Kyungsoo to hangout until he needs to get ready for later today.

It feels weird to know that today he's going to a ball with Chanyeol. It's their first official date or that is what everyone else thinks. Baekhyun enjoys going out with Chanyeol to the cafe, even though Kyungsoo and Kai and Sehun was there. It feels like they have been dating all this time since they begun to hangout on the cafe together. Though everyone else doesn't seem to think like him.

Baekhyun sighs a little before he turns off the light to try to sleep again. The weak early morning light streams into his room as he smiles. He's not trapped in the darkness from his nightmare. It was just a dream, a nightmare that just felt scary real. All of his nightmares has begun to feel scary real lately, but he knows that it's all just a dream. Just a simple nightmare.

 

***

 

Kya, you must be nervous! I'm nervous for you too!”
“You're the one who said I should go.”
“Don't you want to go out with him?”
“O-Of course I do! It's just that... I didn't expect him to ask me to go to the damn ball with him...”
“You're nervous, that's probably it!”
“But tell me... Why must I fix my nails for tonight?! I'm not a girl, dammit!”
“Haha, it was your mother's orders! Also, you're supposed to look like a girl, remember?”
“Geez, why did I even think like that?! I should have just decided to go as a normal person!”
“It's too late to change your mind now, after all we found the perfect clothes for you and all. It would be a waste if you suddenly changed your mind after all the hard work we put down yesterday.”
“I guess so. But still...”

 

Baekhyun sighs as he stares at his nails. Kyungsoo insisted to help Baekhyun to paint his nails and it looks quite good. But still... Baekhyun isn't a real girl! Why did he have to dress up like a girl?! He so regrets it now when he's almost done with the minor preparations.

 

Baekhyun-ah! It's time for your bath!”
“Okay... But please don't treat me like a girl...”
“Haha, tonight you're going to be one dear!”

 

Baekhyun sighs as his mother hurries to push him towards the bathroom. He so regret this already...

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Are you nervous?”
“A little...”
“Omo, he's nervous!”
“Well... It's not weird since it's a ball and all.”
“And it's your first official date with Baekhyun!”

 

Chanyeol nods as he concentrates on the TV screen again. He's busy with trying to beat Kai at the moment, he doesn't want to listen to Sehun while he's trying to win here. Sehun is just distracting him and makes him think about his worries and nervousness for tonight. He doesn't want to screw anything up after all.

 

Yes, I won!”
“Ah dammit! Sehun you made me lose my concentration!”
“Haha, sorry not sorry!”

 

Sehun smirks as Chanyeol handles the console to him. Now it's Kai's and Sehun's turn to play. Chanyeol watches the game for a while and tries to not space out while waiting for the day to pass by. He wants to get ready for the ball and leave already! He wants to see Baekhyun, especially since the boy couldn't sleepover last night. Oh he wants Baekhyun to sleepover with him. He wants to have a real cuddle night in front of the TV with him and then later go up to cuddle in his bed and they would do some special stuff that only lovers do.

 

Chanyeol! It's your turn!”
“A-Ah, r-right.”
“What's wrong with you?”
“Ah, are you blushing?!”
“I'm not! I was just spacing out!”

 

Chanyeol struggles to not blush for real. Oh god, what was he thinking about when his friends sits here besides him?! Chanyeol sighs as he concentrates on the game again. He's going to take a long bath after this game and then hope for time to pass him by faster so he can get ready to leave for the ball. Like he said earlier; he really wants to see Baekhyun soon again.

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun stares at himself through the mirror as Kyungsoo gasps and his mother stands speechless. It wasn't him who put on the makeup, it was them and they're the ones who get surprised about how he looks. Of course he's speechless and a little scared too, but he was more prepared for it than them.

 

Omo! He looks perfect! He looks so...”
“Feminine? You look like a real girl Baekhyun-ah!”

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun's mother gasp at the same time as Baekhyun tries to not blush. Can they just not say that?! Well, he's supposed to look like a girl, but he didn't expect to look this girlish! It's almost scary real!

 

Omo! Baekhyun, we have to get the dress on before Chanyeol comes! It's almost time!”

 

Baekhyun sighs as his mother fetches his dress while Kyungsoo fetches the high heels. Baekhyun will literally kill himself after tonight if he has to walk in high heels the whole evening. He should have picked better shoes to walk in. Now he has to walk in those things the whole evening! He might even need to dance in them!

 

If I'm dead after tonight, I will blame it on you guys.”
“Oh don't look so grumpy! It was you who said you wanted to dress up like this! Here is your dress! Hurry up now, Chanyeol will be here any minute now!”

 

Baekhyun sighs as he hurries to do as his mother and Kyungsoo says. He carefully put on the dress to not ruin the makeup. Then he got to sit down and get the high heels and wig on. When everything finally was on, both Kyungsoo and Baekhyun's mother gasp even louder than before while staring with dazzling eyes at him.

 

You almost look like a princess! So cute and beautiful!”
“And elegant!”

 

Before Baekhyun could say anything, the doorbell rang loudly through the house as Kyungsoo hurries to help Baekhyun up from his bed and Baekhyun's mother rushes out from the room to open the door for them.

 

He's here! It's finally time for you to go out! Are you excited?!”
“I-I kind of feel a little nervous now... M-Maybe this was a bad idea after all? I-I mean, I don't think he would want someone like me to dress up like this and-”
“You kidding me? Kai said he wanted you to dress like you wanted! Also, it's not every night you get to dress up like a woman!”

 

Baekhyun blushes like a fool as they slowly walks towards the door. Baekhyun can hear Chanyeol's happy yet deep voice talk to his mother as they make their way over to the door. Baekhyun feels really nervous now and he's really embarrassed as well, but Kyungsoo keeps pushing him over to the door until Chanyeol finally can see him clearly.

 

Tada! Here is your date Chanyeol!”
“O-Omo, B-Baekhyun?! Is that really you?!”

 

Baekhyun blushes like a fool while nodding carefully. Chanyeol smiles back at him with a huge grin on his face before he holds out his arm towards Baekhyun who carefully grabs it. It feels so weird to see Chanyeol dressed up this nicely and he looks really good too! Baekhyun's mother and Kyungsoo giggles from where they're standing as Baekhyun blushes even more.

 

Well then, I will be taking him for a couple of hours now.”
“Have fun you two!”
“Don't forget to smile and enjoy the night!”
“Thank you Miss Byun and Kyungsoo.”
“B-By then!”

 

Baekhyun can't stand his mother and Kyungsoo any longer. He hurries to close the door before he turns around to let Chanyeol take him to where the ball is held. Baekhyun feels really embarrassed and nervous, but he's kind of happy. He's actually doing this, he's actually going out with Chanyeol!

 

Kya Baekhyun, you look so beautiful! I'm so lucky to have you as my date!”
“T-Thank you. Y-You look really handsome too!”
“Thank you my little puppy.”
“Haha, puppy? Is that the best nickname you could come up with?”
“Yes! You're just like a cute little puppy who I want to hug and kiss and squeeze in my arms!”

 

Baekhyun blushes even more by now as Chanyeol laughs happily. He then helps Baekhyun to get into the car before they will finally leave for the ball. It feels strange to go out like this, especially after all the weird things that has happened to Baekhyun lately. But he guesses that one night can't hurt, especially not if he can enjoy it with Chanyeol.

 

***

 

I-I'm a little nervous now. W-What if someone finds out that I'm not a girl?”
“Don't worry, I will have your back. No one will figure it out. Plus, you look really gorgeous tonight. I can almost not believe that it's you Baekhyun.”

 

Baekhyun blushes a little as Chanyeol helps him out of the car. Baekhyun then follows Chanyeol towards his school which also Sehun and Kai go to. Chanyeol grabs one of Baekhyun's hands gently as they walk together towards the ball where the music is already playing and where people are busy with talking and dancing.

 

Are we late?”
“No, but some people are really early to those kind of things.”
“Kya, I have never been to a ball before.”
“Me neither, but I have seen many movies with balls.”
“Isn't this more like a prom?”
“Well, it is more like a prom. But we don't want to copy the Americans too much, therefor we call it a ball and not prom.”
“You're so weird, but that's kind of cute.”
“Hey, I'm not the one who decided all that.”

 

Baekhyun giggles a little, yes he giggles like a freaking girl, while he and Chanyeol enters the big ball room. It doesn't look too special though, just a lot of students dancing and some eating and some just talking. Everyone is dressed up really nicely tonight, Baekhyun is so glad that he and his mother and Kyungsoo looked after the best dress they could find. Else he might have looked like a fool if he came in a normal dress.

 

Chanyeol... There are so many people...”
“Haha, you look so amazed. It's cute.”
“B-But seriously, i-it is way too many people here to be just a ball for the graduated seniors.”
“Hey, it's not only my school here. Your school's seniors are also here and they all have a date with them. It's not that weird if you think about it.”
“Well... I guess you're right.”
“Come on, let's take a look around and if you would like we can eat something or take a drink. Or maybe you would rather dance?”
“I-I'm not very sure if I even can dance.”
“Haha, I can't dance but it's fun to just try. Shall we give it a try later?”
“Sure, let's try and see whom of us that can dance the worst.”
“Hahaha, challenge accepted!”

 

Chanyeol smiles this big wonderful smile as Baekhyun follows him around the big ball room. Some people stops to talk with Chanyeol, probably classmates or friends to him. Baekhyun smiles towards everyone who looks at him except towards girls who stares dirty at him. Oh god, why are some girls staring at him like they're ready to kill him? He better make sure to not leave Chanyeol's side for too long if those girls are going to try to kill him.

 

***

 

Woah Chanyeol, are you popular or something? There are so many people coming over and talks to you all the time.”
“To be honest, I think mostly of the guys comes over just to take a closer look at you.”
“W-What do you mean?”
“Well... You look gorgeous, I feel like drooling while staring at you.”
“C-Chanyeol... D-Don't say such embarrassing things...”

 

Baekhyun blushes like a fool as Chanyeol smiles this innocent smile, but something tells Baekhyun that he's not that innocent as he appears to be. Chanyeol drinks up his drink that he had fetched for only some few minutes ago before he stood up. Baekhyun hurried to finish his drink as well before he stood up as well to follow Chanyeol.

 

Well Baekhyun, already an hour of the evening has passed.”
“Woah, really? I thought only 30 minutes had passed.”
“Time flies by when you have fun.”
“I guess you're right.”
“But Baekhyun, I think it's about time we hit the dance floor. Let's show everyone how much we !”

 

Baekhyun can't help but to laugh as he nods, it's probably about time they give the dance floor a try. Chanyeol gently grabs Baekhyun's hand and leads him towards the dance floor. This far everything has been fine and nothing has really happened. He and Chanyeol has just walked around and talked to people and taken a drink or two. They also sat and just talked for a while so they would get used to the loud music.

Baekhyun was really scared to come here today, especially after that horrible nightmare he had this morning. He got so scared that he planned to call Chanyeol and tell him that he couldn't come. But since his mother and Kyungsoo was so excited about it, he just couldn't say no to them. And he couldn't turn Chanyeol down on the very same day that the ball is at.

 

Okay, let's give it a try!”
“Uhm... H-How do you even dance?”

 

Chanyeol laughs a little as he grabs Baekhyun's hands with a huge grin on his lips. What is he planning now? Chanyeol starts to moving to the music and Baekhyun is forced to move along to the cheerful melody. A laughter slips out of Baekhyun's mouth while Chanyeol pulls him around while dancing. He didn't know how fun it is to dance. He can't remember if he has ever danced like this with anyone before, but he likes it.

Baekhyun moves along to the music while Chanyeol pulls him around the dance floor. They both laugh at how funny they look and they don't care if the people around them think they look stupid. Tonight is their first real date and they won't let anyone ruin it. Maybe that's why Baekhyun also decided to dress up like a girl?

Suddenly the music slowed down and a sweet and very soft melody echoes through the room. Baekhyun feels a how blush sneaks upon his cheeks as Chanyeol is fast to put his hands behind Baekhyun's back and pulls him closer to himself. Baekhyun carefully wraps his arms around Chanyeol's neck as he stares into Chanyeol's deep brown eyes. Baekhyun's heart is pounding fast and his stomach tickles like crazily. Is this how it feels to be in love?

 

You're really beautiful tonight Baekhyun... But... I don't want to be mean, but I like the real you better. You're gorgeous right now, but the real you is out of this world. You're the most beautiful person I know.”

 

Baekhyun feels how he's blushing like a fool while Chanyeol smiles shyly at him. Chanyeol is the sweetest person Baekhyun has ever met. He doesn't remember that much from his life before a car accident that he also can't remember, but he has made up his mind; he will definitely not forget about this night with Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol... You're the sweetest person I know. I hope that we can spend a lot of time together and that we won't split up. I want to remember this night with you and I really want to be with you.”
“You're so sweet as well Baekhyun. My cute little puppy.”

 

Baekhyun smiles like fool as Chanyeol leans closer to him and he was just about to kiss Baekhyun when the music suddenly died. Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun stopped moving as they carefully glanced over at the DJ who begun to talk. The whole moment got ruined! Baekhyun feels a little grumpy, that stupid DJ ruined the moment! Aish, he was so close to get a kiss from Chanyeol at such a perfect moment!

Oh well, it can't be helped. Chanyeol slowly lets go off Baekhyun as he smiles this shy smile, but he looks really happy at the same time. Baekhyun smiles happily back at him as the crowd around them gets closer. Chanyeol grabs Baekhyun's hands while they watch the DJ talk. Everything was fine for a while, until Baekhyun suddenly sensed something weird.

The air around him suddenly felt heavy and then really light. The room got filled with a sweet scent that makes Baekhyun feel dizzy and somewhat hungry. Baekhyun hurries to grab Chanyeol's arm to seek support, but everything keeps spinning. Chanyeol looks worried at Baekhyun who feels a pain grow stronger inside of him, something that he definitely doesn't want to happen.

 

Baekhyun? Are you alright? Is something wrong?”

 

Chanyeol tries to talk quietly to Baekhyun who can hear him surprisingly well, but he can't react to what Chanyeol is saying. The pain grows stronger by now and Baekhyun panics. Something is so going to happen! He can't stay here! He needs to go and it's now! His senses screams in fear as Baekhyun lets go off Chanyeol and literally pushes his way out of the crowd.

People stares weirdly at him as he starts running towards the exit, but the high heels makes it hard to move. Baekhyun quickly takes off his shoes and then starts running as fast he can towards the exit. Chanyeol is probably chasing him by now, he must be really confused about what is going on. But Baekhyun can't let him see whatever is going to happen to him. Because if Chanyeol sees whatever is going to happen, he will never go near Baekhyun again.

 


Ayo guys! How are you all doing? ^.^

I'm so sorry for not updating for a long time, I really am sorry guys! I will try my best to update soon again!

Thank you guys for all the supporting you have been showing me, it truly means a lot to me! All subs and comments and upvotes are very appreciated! Love you guys! <3

Well I will try to update soon again, so please look forward to it! Bye bye for now! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3