2

Misfit In The Asylum

Hyunyoung woke up with a giant headache. She sat up slowly and looked around, unsure of where she was. Then she remembered the events of the previous night. Woori daring her to explore the abandoned insane asylum, then Jaekyung finding her and leading her somewhere. That's where Hyunyoung couldn't remember anything else. She saw Jaekyung sat in a chair across the room, staring right at her.

"Good morning, pretty." She said.

Hyunyoung checked her phone. "I'm late for my classes!" She stood up quickly and tried to leave, but Jaekyung stopped her.

"You can't go." Said Jaekyung.

"But I have to!" Hyunyoung said, trying to escape from Jaekyung's grip. "What if I come back later?"

"..Promise you'll come back." Said Jaekyung.

"I promise." Said Hyunyoung.

"Good. And don't tell anyone about this." Said Jaekyung.

Hyunyoung nodded. "I won't tell anyone."

Jaekyung let go and watched Hyunyoung rush off down the corridors. She stood at the window and watched Hyunyoung run out of the ruins of the building.

 

Hyunyoung arrived at her second class, she was quite late. She took her place.

"Where did you go last night?" Woori whispered angrily from behind.

"Home." Hyunyoung mumbled. "I got tired after exploring."

"Don't lie. Someone answered your phone last night." Woori sighed.

Hyunyoung shrugged. "I wouldn't know. I was sleeping."

Woori was suspicious, but she didn't say anything else.

 

When the day was finally over, Hyunyoung was rushing around.

"What are you doing? I thought you were coming to my house." Jisook said.

"I can't. Sorry. I have plans." Said Hyunyoung.

"What plans? Are you going on a date?" Jisook asked.

"I'm studying tonight." Said Hyunyoung.

"Alright, well have fun." Said Jisook.

Hyunyoung rushed off to the asylum. It didn't take long to get there. She went in and looked around for Jaekyung. She heard the footsteps and turned around and saw her.

"I told you I would come back." Said Hyunyoung.

"I knew you would anyway." Jaekyung said, leading Hyunyoung to her room again.

"Why do you want me here anyway?" Hyunyoung asked.

"I like having someone to talk to." Jaekyung said.

"Why do you live here then? People will talk to you in public, if you dress properly." Said Hyunyoung.

"You don't understand. I'm not like other people. They wouldn't accept me." Jaekyung sighed sadly.

"What do you mean?" Hyunyoung asked.

"..When I was younger, everyone would say I was strange. They stayed away from me. It only got worse over time so I locked myself away, I wanted to be ordinary but I never could be." Said Jaekyung.

"Why did they say you were strange?" Hyunyoung asked, moving closer to the older woman.

"..Because, I prefer girls." Jaekyung mumbled.

"Is that all?" Hyunyoung frowned.

Jaekyung nodded. "It's stupid, isn't it?"

"Yeah. It's pretty normal to be like that now though. I know a few girls who have girlfriends and everyone treats them fine." Said Hyunyoung.

"..Do you like girls?" Jaekyung asked.

Hyunyoung shrugged. "I don't know. I don't take much notice of girls or boys."

"Have you had your first kiss yet?" Jaekyung started to move closer.

"..No.." Hyunyoung mumbled.

"Why not?" Jaekyung asked, frowning.

"I haven't found the right person to have it with yet." Hyunyoung said.

Jaekyung got some wine and poured it in two glasses and gave one to Hyunyoung who drank it all almost insantly.

"I thought you didn't drink." Jaekyung said with a grin.

"I do now." Said Hyunyoung, grinning back.

 

"She said she was studying." Said Jisook.

"Studying?" Woori snorted. "Youngie never studies. Something suspicious is going on."

"Like what? She's probably at home by herself watching cat videos." Yoonhye said.

"Think about it. That voice on the phone last night, then she came in late this morning then rushed out and won't talk about where she was to any of us. I think I've figured it all out." Said Woori.

"What is it?" Seungah asked.

"Hyunyoung has a date." Woori said.

Noeul almost spat her drink everywhere. "Hyunyoung would never! She's too weird and innocent!"

"What if she's at that asylum?" Jisook asked.

"..I doubt it." Woori said.

"But I just have a feeling she is. I think we should search for her." Said Jisook. The others agreed.

There was a small silence.

"...Alright then..." Woori sighed.

A few minutes later all the girls had torches and were ready to go. They made their way to the asylum and climbed in through the window one by one.

 

Hyunyoung was quite drunk. Jaekyung was refusing to give her any more wine.

"Please.. Jus'.. Just a bit more..!" Hyunyoung begged.

"No, you're already too drunk." Jaekyung said, putting the wine somewhere that Hyunyoung couldn't reach.

"Ugh.. Fine.." Hyunyoung sighed and she flopped down on the mattress.

Jaekyung went to sit down next to her when she suddenly turned around and stared at the door.

"..Someone has come into my home." She hissed.

"Who? I want to see!" Hyunyoung got up again.

"Fine. Come with me." Said Jaekyung.

As they walked through the corridors, Hyunyoung was being very loud. Jaekyung sighed and ended up carrying her. Eventually they made it to where the intruders were and Hyunyoung yelled loudly.

"My friends!"

The group of girls turned around and saw Hyunyoung in Jaekyung's arms.

"Hyunyoung?" Jisook peered at the two.

"What the hell is going on." Woori walked towards Jaekyung and glared at her. "What are you doing to her?"

"..What are you doing in my home?" Jaekyung asked calmly.

"Looking for my friend who appears to be in your arms." Said Woori.

"Hyunyoung is drunk. She was being too loud and I didn't want to give our hiding place away." Said Jaekyung.

"Hyunyoung doesn't drink though!" Noeul gasped.

Hyunyoung giggled quietly. "I do now!"

"She is safe with me." Said Jaekyung. "You can leave now."

"No. We're not leaving without her." Woori said.

"I guess you'll have to wait a while then." Said Jaekyung, then she walked off.

Woori tried to go after them, but Yoonhye grabbed her.

"Just leave it." Yoonhye said.

"She's going to hurt her though.." Woori sighed. "Please. I need to go and see."

Yoonhye tried to convince Woori to stay, but she had no luck. All of the girls stayed in the same place and watched Woori disappear into the darkness.

Woori walked as quickly and quietly as she could. She looked in every room but there was no sign of the two. Just when Woori was getting braver, she walked straight into a figure, causing her to scream.

"You are tresspassing." Said the figure.

Woori looked up. It was the woman from earlier.

"You took my friend away!" Woori yelled.

"Hyunyoung is happy with me. She wants you to go back home, Woori." Said Jaekyung, and with that Jaekyung disappeared into the darkess, leaving Woori alone.

 

Hyunyoung was lying on the mattress, almost asleep, when Jaekyung returned.

"Jaekyung.." Hyunyoung whispered.

"Yes?" Jaekyung sat down next to her.

"I'm cold.." Hyunyoung mumbled, pulling the older woman closer.

Jaekyung smiled slightly, cuddling Hyunyoung close. She her hair slowly until the younger girl managed to fall asleep, then she crawled next to her on the mattress and fell asleep too.