Chapter 5

Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong kept his eyes on the road in front of him. He found it hard to focus because after the little commotion at the Ramyun shop his thoughts came back to his current dilemna, that is; going to his parents' house. He didn't know what's gotten him so worked up, he didn't usually care what his parents thought of him just as long as the company was doing well and his face wasn't plastered on various magazines telling the world about his latest female conquests. 

'I am losing my mind.' He told himself.

He turned right at the next intersection and headed to the busy streets of Gangnam. Kwon Hyunsuk and Kwon Eun Ju lived in the Cheomdang district, in one of the secluded residential areas. He turned another corner and entered the block his parents were on. Beautiful mansions lined the road but the most extravagant one belonged to the Kwons. He stopped at the gates, nodded his head at the guard and the latter let him in. He made his way around the round-a-bout and saw that the fountain was on.

'looks like appa's making himself busy.' He thought.

He put his car on his parking space, next to his dad's Range Rover, stepped out with his bag of ramyun, then made his way to the front door. Just as he was about to knock, the door opened and he was welcomed by the smell of Makgeolli Sool Bbang and the smiling face of their long-time housekeeper Mrs. Im. 

"oh! Jiyong my boy! It's so good to see you." She cried as she moved to put her arms around him.

"Annyeong Im-sshi, its been a while." He greeted warmly as he returned her hug.

"Oh jiyong, I know its been a while but you should still call me Jang-mi or noona. What is that you're holding?"

"Mianhe. Jang-mi noona." He laughed. "Its ramyun for you guys."

"How thoughtful. Come on dear, you're omma's been waiting for you. You and Jae really should visit more often, take your ramyun to the kitchen too."

At the mention of his brother's name he wondered out loud. "Is Jae here yet noona?" He asked as they stepped into the living room. 

"No, but he called a few minutes ago and told me he'll be arriving soon. He just had to stop by Jae-in sshi's."

Of course, he thought. Jae-in was Jaejoong's girlfriend, they'd been together for three years now, if his memory serves him right.

"Your omma's in the kitchen, you know how she is when you boys come for a visit."

He did. Kwon Eun Jun was the best mother in the world. Jiyong was sure everyone in the world would think that their own mother was the best but as far as he was concerned, no one could hold a candle to Eun Ju. She wanted only the best for her children. The Kwon family may have money but Jiyong and Jaejoong didn't live the life most rich heirs and heiresses had. Since Hyunsuk and Eun Ju came from humble beginnings they thought that their children should do the same. Jiyong smiled as he neared the kitchen. He could smell his mother's steamed cake and he couldn't wait to have lunch. Eun ju was puttering around the kitchen when he arrived and was taking the cake out. She set it on the kitchen counter then turned around and saw that her son was home. She gave him the brightest smile as she was taking off her apron. 

"Yongie! My baby. How are you?" She said as she walked towards him and gave him one of her signature hugs and kisses on the cheek. He smiled and set the ramyun on the table.

"Hey omma." He smiled as he hugged her and kissed her cheek as well. "I'm fine. How are you and appa?"

"We're very good Yongie. Oh how I've missed you. Where is Jae? I thought you'd be arriving together?."

"Jang-mi noona said he called and he was on his way. He just had to stop by Jae-in's"

"Oh i see. It's been a while since I've seen her. I hope Jae brings her with him." She paused and let go of him "How about you dear. Anybody worth mentioning?"

"No omma. I have no time for that. At least maybe not yet."

"Oh yongie. Its not that I'm rushing you but you're not getting any younger you know."

"Omma, being single at twenty-five isn't that bad." He smiled.

"I guess." She replied. 'you wont be for long, I hope'. She thought to herself as she snickered.

"So anyway omma, where's appa?"

"Did you see the fountain? It's on right? Where do you think he is?"

He laughed "Alright omma. Let me go say hi."

"Go ahead dear. Be sure to talk as loud as you can so he'll notice."

"Deh omma." He waved his hand as he walked out.

 

Jiyong knew that if the fountain was on his father

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter