Intro II

One Hello

"Is that something you always ask people you've just met?" Ji Sun asked, continuing to laugh.

"N-no, I just-" said Shinwoo, stammering.

Ji Sun smiled. "Well it's funny you asked," she said, walking towards a door not far from the couch Shinwoo sat on. She opened it, revealing a   white grand piano, that in Shinwoo's opinion, suited her perfectly. His eyes widened in delight. "Do you play too?" she asked, beginning to wrap his ankle with a bandage. He noticed how quickly and skillfully she did it, as if she had done it many times before.

"No, I don't actually. It's just something that interests me," he smiled, looking down, suddenly fussing around with his hands. Ji Sun noticed that his smile was not one of happiness, but one of sorrow.

"Did you.. used to play?" she asked, securing the bandage and getting up to sit beside him. She wanted to know more; the reason behind his sudden interest in her piano, the broken look in his eyes, his sorrowful smile.

He shook his head in response. "No." He could feel a lump forming in his throat. Ji Sun noticed how uncomfortable he was with the subject. "I should really get going now, I have a meeting to attend." He stood, putting weight on his ankle, clenching his teeth in pain, forgetting that he had sprained it just minutes earlier. Limping slightly, he ignored the pain and continued to walk towards the door.

"Oh, is that where you were off to, earlier? You know, before you.." she laughed softly, hoping to lighten up the obvious tension.

Shinwoo let out a weak laugh, but his smile seemed real this time. She opened the door and he walked out, then turning around to face her again and said, "Yeah.. That was embarassing.. Sorry you had to see that. I hope I didn't interrupt anything you were doing. But anyway, thank you so much. I really appreciate it." 

She waved her hands."No, no, it's nothing! Be safe," she said with a smile.

He nodded and headed for the elevator. 

 

Shinwoo stopped by the phamacy just before driving home from the meeting. As he waited behind the counter, a man with a black cap tapped him on the shoulder. "Hey hyung." Shinwoo immediately turned around and squinted his eyes at the person. Realizing who he was, his eyes widened. He paid for his items and dragged the man outside and into his car.

"What are you doing here Jung Hwan? You're famous now, you can't just go wherever you want," Shinwoo said to him.

"There you go again, calling me Jung Hwan.." he said, rolling his eyes.

"What are you doing here anyways?" he asked, almost annoyed.

"Well I'm feeling a cold coming on so I came to pick up something to help me get better quickly. If I tell my manager he'll just freak out and get mad at me for not taking care of myself. I'm still promoting so I can't be sick and miss anything," he said with a sad look on his face.

Shinwoo looked at him, feeling bad for scolding him. "Sandeul-ah, next time just call me."

"Okay okay.." Sandeul said, now with a smile.

"Alright then," said Shinwoo, facing front.

"Hyung, can I crash at your place tonight? It's getting kinda lonely at the dorm and I-"

"Of course," Shinwoo said, starting the car, "but don't you have schedules tomorrow?" 

"No I have the day off. I was gonna call you tomorrow but since I already saw you here, I thought, I might as well-" Sandeul tilted his head to the side, "Wait, what were you doing at the pharmacy? Are you sick?"

"H-huh? No, I, uh.. I sprained my ankle earlier! Yeah, I sprained it. I just bought more bandages," Shinwoo said as he tapped the steering wheel.

"What? How did that happen?" Sandeul asked worriedly.

"I tripped and fell down the stairs.." Shinwoo said in embarassment.

Sandeul burst out into laughter.

 

Both got to Shinwoo's apartment and sat on the sofa in silence. Shinwoo heard the piano and thought it odd since it was already almost midnight. Sandeul began to talk but Shinwoo shushed him. As Sandeul heard the music, he understood right away why Shinwoo was acting the way he was.

"You're still not over her are you?" Sandeul asked. "You know, you never did tell me what happened between the two of you. And you never told me why you stopped-"

"Deul-ah, can we not talk about that right now? I'm really tired and I just want some peace and quiet," Shinwoo pleaded.

Sandeul gave up and sighed. "Go ahead, get some rest. We'll talk in the morning."

The next morning, Sandeul woke up to the sound of the doorbell. Half-asleep, he opened the door, completely forgetting he was at Shinwoo's apartment. Ji Sun was standing at the door, wondering if she had gotten the wrong place. She looked at Sandeul's face and was completely shocked. She was about to say something when Shinwoo came running to the door and pushed Sandeul out of the way. Ji Sun's eyes followed Sandeul who was running away into the apartment.

"Ji Sun-ssi?" Shinwoo asked, confused as to why she was there, but at the same time, completely happy to see her.

"Hey.. I just stopped by to see how you were doing," she said shyly.

"Oh, you really didn't have to.. But I'm alright, thank you," he said with a smile.

"That's good, I'm so glad," she said, obviously distracted, "but can I just ask who that was earlier? He looked so familiar, I swear I know him from somewhere.." 

Sandeul was awkwardly hiding and listening to their conversation. As he listened more, he began to walk toward the door. Shinwoo subtly signaled him not to get any closer.

"No hyung, it's okay. I think I know her," he said, now completely visible to Ji Sun. "Ji Sun, right?  Sorry I had to hide. I can't really have people knowing where I am.. But it's me, Jung Hwan! We went to music school together when we were younger. Do you remember?" he asked with high hopes.

"I knew it was you!" she said, reaching out for a hug. "I totally get it, since you're a celebrity and all. How have you been Jung Hw.. or should I say, Sandeul?" 

Sandeul laughed. "I've been pretty good! It's so weird to see you here.. You know Shinwoo hyung?" He looked to Shinwoo who was stadning there, struggling to grasp the situation.

"Oh, sorry Shinwoo-ssi. You know how I play the piano and stuff right? I went to many schools for that as a kid, and I met Jung Hwan at one of them. He's a good friend of mine, although we lost contact," she said, faking a frown towards Sandeul to .

"I'm so sorry, training and prep-" 

"I'm teasing. I understand," she said, lightly slapping Sandeul's arm. "But.. how do you two know each other?"

"We used to be trainees at the same agency and we've been close friends since," Sandeul responded.

Ji Sun was surprised to hear this. She had always seen Shinwoo in a suit and tie, so the thought of him being in the entertainment field never crossed her. "Wait, really?" she asked.

Sandeul nodded while Shinwoo's expression became gloomy.

"Oh, well anyways, I just wanted to check up on you. I'll be going now." She bowed and waved to both of them. "Nice seeing you again," she said to Jung Hwan, and left.

Right after Shinwoo closed the door, Sandeul had a certain look on his face. "Eyyyy, hyung! What was that? She just wanted to check up on you? Why are the two of you blushing so much?" he asked, nudging Shinwoo as he laughed.

"What.. It's nothing! She saw me fall down the stairs yesterday and helped me. We're just neighbors," he said defensively.

Sandeul continued to . "But you want to be more than neighbors right?"

"Oh would you stop? It's not like that. Besides, I think she has a boyfriend anyway," Shinwoo said, looking away.

"You can deny it all you want because I can see right through you. You're in luck. She's a great person, and I won't stop until I get the two of you together," Sandeul said with confidence. "She's ovbiously into you too. I mean, why else would she come here first thing in the morning to check up on a simple sprain?"

"You think so?" Shinwoo asked, arms crossed, leaning against the wall.

Sandeul laughed and sat back down.

Shinwoo laughed along and pushed his hair out of his face. "Alright alright, you caught me," he said, taking a seat across from Sandeul.

Face suddenly serious, "But you better make sure it's really her that caught your attention and not that the way she is, and the fact that she can play the piano. I know she reminds you of your ex," Sandeul warned.

Shinwoo pressed his lips together. "You know what, I don't think I'm ready yet.."

Sandeul sighed, but this was the answer he expected. "When are you gonna get over her?"

"It's not that I'm not over her, because I am. I don't have feelings for her anymore, I really don't.." Shinwoo explained.

"Then what is it?" Sandeul asked with authority. "It's been a long time and you still haven't told me anything about what happened. Every time I bring it up, you change the subject. What happened to you guys? You were so in love. And why did you stop training? You're so talented and you were so close to debuting.. Just tell me. Don't you trust me?"

"I do trust you.. I just can't-"

Sandeul had a look of disappointment on his face.

Shinwoo sighed. He knew he had to tell Sandeul sooner or later. "Okay, alright. But just promise me that you won't treat me differently after I say what I'm about to say."

"I promise," Sandeul said eagerly.


A/N: Sorry it took so long.. School's killing me and these chapters don't exactly take a short amount of time to write. Thank you for continuing to read and subscribe. Comments are always appreciated~