Intro III

One Hello

"Y-you're what..?" Sandeul asked, completely appalled.

"Please.. Now that I've told you, I would like it if we just didn't talk about it anymore," Shinwoo said. "And keep your promise. Just look at me and treat me like you always have."

"But how can I-" Sandeul whined. He stopped after Shinwoo gave him a firm look. "Okay, I'll keep my promise.."

The two sat in silence momentarily, unsure of what to say. "Do you wanna-" they said simultaneously.

"Oh, go ahead," Shinwoo laughed.

"No, no, you first," Sandeul insisted.

"Just say it," Shinwoo argued.

"I just wanted to ask, do you wanna go out for lunch? It's already past noon."

"Yeah, let me get ready real quick and we'll go," Shinwoo said, making his way to the bathroom. 

Sandeul smiled in response. He watched him walk away, and his smile faded into a look of concern. Thinking about what Shinwoo had just told him, he ran his fingers through his hair in disbelief. When he heard Shinwoo starting to walk back in, he put a smile back on. "Ready?" he asked, getting up and sniffling.

"You okay?" Shinwoo asked.

"Yeah, just allergies," Sandeul lied.

"Alright then." Shinwoo shrugged and walked to the door and Sandeul followed.

Shinwoo headed for the stairs but Sandeul suddenly said, "Hey, let's take the elevator."

"Why? You know I always take the stairs.." Shinwoo responded.

"Nothing, I just.." Sandeul scratched the back of his neck.

Shinwoo frowned at him. "Is this about-"

"No, no!" he said defensively, flailing his hands all around. He extemporized. "I just, um. I don't want anyone to see me." He breathed a discreet sigh of relief when he saw that Shinwoo was convinced.

"Oh, you're right.." he agreed, and walked in the opposite direction, towards the elevator.

They pressed the button and waited patiently for the doors to open up, and when it did, they saw Ji Sun and Jinyoung.

"Oh." Sandeul's lips were shaped like an O. "You again," he smiled at her, then looked to Jinyoung. "Jinyoung hyung?" he asked, eyes wide.

Jinyoung tilted his head to the side and thought for a moment. "Jung Hwan!" he exclaimed, going in for a hug. "Or should I say, Sandeul? You're one of the best soloists around these days! It's been a while! What brings you here?"

"My friend lives here," he said, pointing to Shinwoo who was silent the whole time. 

"Shinwoo right? It's me Jinyoung, we met the other day."

"I remember," Shinwoo smiled. "How do you know Jung Hwan?"

"We went to the same music school when we were younger. Well all three of us," he replied.

"Oh, I see," Shinwoo nodded, hands in his pockets.

"Well we were actually about to go grab lunch if you guys wanted to come," Sandeul offered.

Jinyoung looked at Ji Sun and said, "I actually have something to do right now, but I think Ji Sun's free."

"Huh?" she suddenly looked up.

"See you later." Jinyoung lightly tapped her arm and winked at her. Shinwoo felt himself getting jealous. "Nice seeing you two," he said to Sandeul and Shinwoo.

"Let's go then," Sandeul said, already in the elevator.

 

"So how has everything been with music?" Ji Sun asked Sandeul, then taking another bite of her food.

"Really great. It does get lonely at times, but I like the freedom part of it,"  he said.

"That's good," she nodded. "But I've been curious since you said it this morning," she started, looking at Shinwoo. "What made you stop training? I'm sure you're very talented. I mean you were in the same agency as Jung Hwan and from what I know, they only take the best of the best."

Shinwoo smiled at the compliment, then slighty looked down, and began to sip on his water. "Oh, it's kinda-"

Sandeul cleared his throat loudly. "I-" His phone rang. "Oh, excuse me." He stood up and went to a corner.

"So what do you do for a living?" Shinwoo asked Ji Sun, hoping to leave the subject of his short lived music career.

"I recently finished nursing school and started this job at the hospital near here a few days ago."

"That explains why you seemed so experienced when you did that bandage stuff last night," Shinwoo said.

She laughed. "What about you? What do you do?"

"I'm in business and marketing," he responded.

"From entertainment to that? Impressive. You seem very capable," she smiled.

"I wouldn't say that.." he laughed.

Sandeul came back to the table announcing "Sorry guys, I have to go, it's important," hurriedly grabbing his things. It was nice seeing you Ji Sun," he beamed. He looked to Shinwoo and pouted. "I'll come by later today if I get the chance."

Surprisingly, Shinwoo didn't feel nervous around her. Something about her continually made him feel comfortable. Something he had only felt with very few people in his life. "Aish, that Lee Sandeul, always getting away from paying for food," he said, retrieving a few bills from his wallet. "Should we go walk this meal off?" he asked, surprising himself. He was never the type to insist on spending more time with anyone than he had to.

"Sure," she said with a smile. 

 

He breathed in the fresh autumn air and walked the streets covered in dried leaves that crunched at every step. Ji Sun was right beside him, looking straight ahead. Shinwoo stole glances of her profile view as they walked, smiling to himself as he did. 

"Something on my face?" she asked.

Shinwoo, shyly, answered "Maybe, maybe not.."

She let out a titter.

 

"Let's sit," Shinwoo suggested after a few blocks. "Do you take walks like this often?"

"No, actually. I can't even remember the last time I did," she admitted taking a seat on a park bench.

"You should. I find that it's good for the mind. Sometimes people just get caught up in all the things in their own lives that they forget to just breathe. To just stop and look around for a minute," he said, looking at all the children playing in the playground, the ducks swimming in the pond, the leaves being carried by the wind.

She was silent. He looked over to her and saw her eyes closed, mindful of her breathing. He couldn't help but smile. "How do you feel?" he asked as she opened her eyes.

She looked into his eyes. "Amazing." You're amazing, she wanted to add.

"I'm glad," he responded, trying to calm his suddenly quickend heartbeat. Joy.. Just inexplicable joy. That's what I feel right now, he thought.

 

Ji Sun looked around. "The sun is already setting.. I swear it was just noon an hour ago."

"Should we get going then?" he asked reluctantly.

She nodded.

Again, they walked side by side. He noticed her slightly shiver, wondered if it would be too lame to offer his coat, but supposed he would rather her think him cliché than have her freeze. He slowed his pace, took his outercoat off, and gently placed it over her shoulders. 

Taken aback by his sudden gesture, she asked why, through her facial expression.

"I was warm, you looked cold," he explained.

She smiled the smile that Shinwoo could not seem to get tired of. "Thank you."

 

Finally arriving at their building, they entered the elevator. She pressed her floor button, and just as she was about to press Shinwoo's he interjected, "I'll take you up."

"Alright," she smiled once again. She wanted to tell her lips to stop embarassing her.

After a few stops, they reached her floor, the seventh floor. They exited and she led the way to her door, where she stopped. She faced him. "Thank you for today," she said.

"No, need to thank me. Thank you for the company," he responded.

She turned around to unlock her door, walking in, still wearing Shinwoo's coat. He watched her go in, and then headed back to the elevator, smiling in delight. Then he heard her. "Shin Woo-ssi! Your coat!" she yelled, running after him.

"Oh, I forgot," he said, accepting it with two hands. 

"Thanks again. I'll see you around," she said, bowing.

Shinwoo then returned home, setting his coat down on the couch and sitting right beside it. He sat for a moment, thinking about the day that had just passed, wondering whether any of it was real. She started to play the piano. A new piece, he noticed. It was more upbeathappier. He laid down, and heard something crumple from his coat. Curious, he searched the pockets and found a small piece of paper that read: I owe you for the meal today don't I? I think I'll have to return the favor, along with a smiley face and her phone number. 


A/N: Hello my lovey subscribers! Sorry if you were waiting to find out what it was that Shinwoo was hiding; you'll find out later~ I apologize for taking so long to update.. School is my priority right now.. Hope you guys will understand. I can't promise I'll update soon, but I will certainly try! Bye for now :)