Intro I

One Hello

Shinwoo was sitting on his living room sofa, expressionless. He reached over to grab his tea, giving it a light blow to cool it down. He proceeded to lift it up to his mouth, taking a short sip, then stopping. She's playing again, he thought to himself, smiling. Still gripping onto his tea, he stayed completely still, closing his eyes, listening to the faint yet captivating melody of a piano. 

It had become a part of his daily routine: he would wake up, go to work, come back home, and listen to her play. He didn't know who she was, or what she looked like. All he knew was that they lived in the same building, and that the walls were definitely not soundproof, but he didn't mind. It was almost therapeutic in the sense that he felt at ease when he listened to her. It was all the more pleasant when she sang along to a piece. Just as it was everyday, she would play for an hour, and in that short hour, his mind would be free of all stress.

He took advantage and continued to listen until there was just silence. The music had stopped. He checked his watch to see that it had only been 15 minutes. He was upset that it had to end so soon, but at the same time, it wasn't in his control. He couldn't get mad since he was using her music for his own pleasure. Shrugging it off, he sipped on his tea and drowned back into his thoughts that consisted of work, his ill parents, and his ex-girlfriend. Those thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. Sighing, he reluctantly opened the door. Behind was a woman that he had never seen before.

She bowed and followed with a sweet smile. "I live upstairs."

That voice.. where have I heard it before? he asked himself. He gave a lazy half bow and introduced himself. He was too tired and was not in the mood for conversation. Skipping the small talk, he went straight to the point. "Do you need something?" he said, almost rudely.

Even with such bluntness from Shinwoo, she remained polite. "I just received this package a moment ago. I guess they made a mistake, it's adressed to you," she said, handing him the parcel.

Shinwoo read the label, and indeed it was his. "Ah, thank you," he said, giving a more respectful bow, not taking his eyes off of her. The more he looked at her, the more he realized how beautiful she was.

"It's nothing. I'll be heading up then," she smiled pretty again, and bowed gracefully. As she walked down the hall, she hummed the same melody that Shinwoo heard from the piano just minutes earlier. Initially he was shocked, but figured that it was just a coincidence since it was a common piece. His mind immediately changed when just a few minutes later, the piano girl, as he liked to call her, began to play again. The same melody, now with a voice singing along. The voice he had always been curious about. The voice he was growing attatched to. He quicky pieced together that the voice belonged to the person who was at the door just minutes ago. He had to see her again.

He took the stairs up to the next floor. Seeing that there were about a million doors, he just picked a one and knocked. A well dressed black haired guy that looked about 2 years younger than him opened up. 

"Hi, um.." He mentally slapped himself because he didn't even know her name, or any way to look for her. The man at the door looked at him in confusion.

"Oh, hey Jinyoung, hi Ji Sun!" he beamed as he looked behind Shinwoo.

Shinwoo immediately turned around at the sound of a familiar voice laughing. And sure enough, there she was, as beautiful as her music. He stared a second too long and she took notice. She turned a light shade of pink.

"What a coincidence! You know him too, um..?"

"Shinwoo, my name's Shinwoo," he said, holding his hand out for a shake, trembling just a bit.

She blushed slightly once more and shook his hand. "Hello," she said smiling.

"Hi.." Shinwoo said, neither letting go and continuing to shake slowly.

The man with Ji Sun stirred around in discomfort.

"Hey, are you guys shooting a drama or something?" said the man at the door.

The two immediately let go and laughed awkwardly.

"Uh," she laughed nervously, "this is Jinyoung," she said as she pointed to the man beside her. "And that's Gongchan. They live here too," she said, introducing the man at the door.

Shinwoo greeted them politely.

Ji Sun suddenly checked her watch. "Oh, we have to get going!" she bowed quickly and ran off, arm linked with Jinyoung's.

Shinwoo felt his heart drop slowly as he watched them run away like teenagers in love.

"So.. You needed something?" Gongchan said from behind him.

Shinwoo quickly faced him. "Ah, no. I think I got the wrong place," he said with a slight chuckle.

"You're interested in Ji Sun aren't you?" he said, with an all-knowing smile.

"What? No.. Excuse me, but I have to go," he said, bowing goodbye and heading up the stairs.

Mid-flight, he thought about what Gongchan said. I just met her today. How could I already be falling for her..? Shinwoo shook his head to clear his thoughts.

Shinwoo remembered that he had a business meeting to attend to. He quickly changed into formal clothing and half-jogged down the stairs. His brain caught up in thoughts about Ji Sun, he tripped on a step and fell down half a flight. Just perfectly for him, Ji Sun was there to witness it all. He immediately turned red from embarassment when he saw her. "Oh, Ji Sun-ssi," he said, smiling, but obviously in pain.

"Omo Shinwoo-ssi, are you okay?" she asked, running towards him and helping him up. She gently moved Shinwoo's ankle around, making him wince in pain. "It's just a sprain. I'll take you to my place and dress your wounds," she said as she walked him over to the elevator. 

The elevator ride was a quick, but meaningful 5 seconds. Shinwoo caught her eyes, both getting stuck in each other's gaze as if under a spell, not realizing that they had already reached their floor. Both blushed and proceeded to Ji Sun's place.

They arrived to her luxurious looking apartment. Although her floor plan was identical to Shinwoo's, the way she furnished made it look completely different. She let him sit down on the sofa and he was very cafeful not to get any of his blood anywhere, shifting around uncomfortably.

"Please, feel at home. I'll just grab my first aid kit really quickly," she said with another comforting smile.

Shinwoo looked around at the place. He was amazed by everything, but to his astonishment, a piano was nowhere to be found. She's not the piano girl..? he thought to himself. 

Ji Sun came back into the living room and saw that Shinwoo was in a state of confusion.

"Hey, you alright?" she asked worriedly.

"You.. you don't own a piano?" he asked.

She looked at him and laughed.


A/N: Although I wasn't gone for long, I'm back! I hope you guys will actually read this one. It'll be very fluffy. I know Shinwoo's not as popular as the other members, but honestly, he's a great guy and he competes very close with Jinyoung as my bias. Well quite frankly, I don't think I even have a bias anymore. The point is, I love him. Hahah, if you don't know much about him, you'll learn through this story because his character will be somewhat based on his real personality. Please subscribe and leave comments~