Stay

The WenRene Dumps

The first time Wendy met Irene, the girl was in the woods wearing a very expensive looking dress. After minutes of staring, Irene kicks her in the shins and commands her to stop looking at her. 

The first thing that comes up to Wendy's mind is that Irene's voice is soothing.

And hot.

After a small nosebleed moment and another kick to her shin, she finally musters up some courage to ask the Irene's name. 

Princess Bae Joohyun.

Sadly, Irene wasn't the one who answered. In a mere second, a man wearing an expensive looking uniform is taking her to someplace called the dungeon.From the sound of it, she was pretty sure it was not a pleasant place. Luckily, Irene had the heart to stop those men from taking her to this dungeon. 

She still didn't have the heart to stop assaulting Wendy's shins.

--

Surprisingly, she had found out that she was in the so called Kingdom of Goryeo.

After some awkward introductions, she told Irene about how she supposedly got to the forest.  All she remembered was walking in the forest on a camping trip with her family and all of a sudden she stumbles upon an attractive girl with beautiful eyes.

Irene blushes and Wendy smiles cheekily. Swiftly after, Irene smacks her head and calls her an idiot, a blush still visible on her face.

While Wendy pouts and rubs her head, they walk to a close friend of Irene. The girl talks about how she may had stumbled on some sort of land that had transported her here and that she might know a way to get Wendy back but it would  take a while.

Wendy vigorously nods her head and bows, thanking the girl before she gets dragged away by Irene.

--

A day later, while they walk around the garden, Wendy and Irene are engulfed by a white flash and Wendy finds herself in the camp, where her family was packing up.

They're all a bit surprised about Irene as well. Wendy explained to them the situation at hand and they all nodded, finally heading into the large van.

Wendy opens the door for Irene and helps her in, and sits next to her.

The whole day is filled with questions.

--

In the middle of the night, Wendy feels a sudden rush and groans as the white flash engulfs her again. She painfully lands on the ground in sweatpants and a tank top. Next to her was Irene, who was pouting while rubbing her arms. 

"Are you okay?" Irene nods and is helped up by Wendy.

They look around and Irene grabs Wendy's hands, walking around the sleeping town. Some fires were still lit but the source of light was not enough to show most of the stone roads. 

Surprisingly, Irene tripped and on instinct, Wendy wraps her arms around the girl's waist before she faceplants into the ground. When Irene finds her footing, she mumbles a small thank you and Wendy sees the pink on the girl's cheeks.

"Someone's blushing- OW!" Wendy grimaced and held her shin while Irene walked away.

Five minutes later, she's holding Wendy's hand and Wendy has a large smile on her face.

--

"Abusive much.." Irene glares at Wendy and smacks her head again, resulting in a wince.

The princess is wondering why Wendy never does anything back. Maybe it was because she was indeed a princess but maybe it was because something else is holding Wendy back.

The two girls were sitting on a couch in Wendy's house while they watched a screen that moved. Irene still wasn't used to all of the new contraptions. All she knew was that the thing she was watching was called a TV and that you could change 'channels' to watch other stuff.

"Do you want some hot chocolate?" Wendy doesn't look back at Irene as she asks the question, instead she surfs the channels to find something interesting.

"Sure." 

Wendy then gets up and walks to the kitchen. As she gets two mugs and cocoa out, she glances back at Irene, who was pouting as she pressed a button on the remote.

"It's the one with the arrow facing the right or left."

"I knew that!" Wendy shakes her head and smiles.

--

"Here you go." Wendy hands Irene the mug of chocolate and sits down carefully.

"Thank you." Irene's eyes glance over at Wendy and sees the girl smile at her.

After taking a small sip of the warm drink, they place it down on the coffee table. They sit in the room and the only thing that was heard was the TV.

Irene plays with her hands and Wendy glances at them. Gently, she takes the girl's hand and smiles.

"What are you.." Irene looks at Wendy confused.

Instead of replying, the said girl brings the hand up to her lips and gently brushes her lips on them.

"You know.. It's been three months already." Wendy intertwines their fingers and looks at Irene.

Irene nods with a small blush but doesn't pull her hand back.

"I wonder how long until they find a way to stop this time travel thing." 

"It's very strange magic.. I don't think they'll find it until another year possibly." Irene replies softly and she feels Wendy's other hand cup her cheek.

"I know. And I'm glad." Irene notices the mature sound in Wendy's voice and how she's speaking more softly.

"I thought you wanted to stop it as soon as possible.. You said that before." 

"That was before I got used to you. Just being away from you for a couple of minutes makes me worry about you and.. It makes me feel lonely as well." 

"I.. I understand how you are feeling. When you're not in my sights, I start to feel insecure and panicked." 

Letting go of Irene's hand, Wendy pulls her into a hug. Soon, they fall asleep on the couch and Wendy's younger sister Joy smiles while placing a blanket on them.

--

Wendy stood next to Irene wearing a hoodie and black jeans. She also wore a belt which had a holster for a gun and sword, which she reluctantly took from Irene's father. 

Although he was a nice man, he seemed very overprotective of Irene.

She saw horsemen leading wagons to the castle and felt Irene squeeze her hand. As soon as the wagon stopped, a man in his twenties stepped out of it. He wore elegant clothing and had a very princely look. 

Walking over to Irene, the King and Queen stepped up along with Irene to greet him. 

Wendy remained on the side, watching the prince carefully. He smiled at the three of them and finally held Irene's hands up to his lips. Irene glanced at Wendy nervously but the latter had kept a straight face on.

Inside, she was burning with anger.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet my fiancee! And such a beautiful bride to be as well." 

'She's beautiful but she's not yours.'

The prince and the king spoke to each other for a while before their attention was on Irene.

Out of nowhere, Irene ran to Wendy and buried her face in the girl's neck.

"I-Irene?" 

Irene looked up and Wendy felt her hand grip her sword. The princess was a sickly pale. 

She buried her face into Wendy's neck again and Wendy turned to the prince, taking out her sword and holding it up at him.

"Do not step any closer." Her voice was filled with malice and even the King and Queen were surprised.

Wendy never looked so angry before.

"Am I not allowed to check on my fiancee's well being?" He stepped up and Wendy glared at him.

"Seungwan, put your sword down!" She ignored the King's command and held Irene closer to her.

"Wendy.." 

Wendy turned her attention to Irene. The girl was gripping her hoodie and looking at her.

"I-it's okay Wendy. Put your sword down, okay?" Reluctantly, Wendy sheathed her sword after a glance at the prince.

"Seungwan, please take the princess to her room. Seulgi, hurry and get a doctor." 

And with no other words spoken, Wendy took a very weak Irene to her room.

--

Wendy gets a very serious scolding by the Queen but immediately after, she thanks Wendy for taking care of Irene. The small spark in the Queen's eyes tells Wendy that the Queen is smarter than she appears.

As she sits in the room assigned to her, she glances around. It was empty and fairly lonely.

Her thoughts then go to Irene. 

She wonders if the girl is okay now. She also reminds herself to warn the girl about her health.

Sighing, she rests her head on her arms. Everything she thinks about has to do with Irene these days. Everytime they hold hands, Wendy doesn't want to let go. When they hug, she feels as if she's in paradise.

A knock on the door brings Wendy out of her thoughts and she walks to the door and opens up.

It's Irene.

The princess is looking much better. She's no longer pale and she's even smiling. Maybe a day of rest was all she needed. Meanwhile, Wendy hasn't slept in about two days and she's sure she looks horrible.

"May I come in?"

"Oh. Uh, sure." Wendy opens the door wider and lets Irene enter before closing it behind her.

Wendy sits on the bed next to Irene and there's a silence that hangs between them.

Wendy stares at Irene as the girl looks at her hand.

"You don't have to be so tense and nervous."

"But I'm not.." Irene looks at Wendy and sees the girl roll her eyes.

"You always look at your hands or play with them when you're nervous and you're body posture is extremely stiff."

"When did you get so intelligent all of a sudden?" Irene raises and eyebrow and Wendy gives an offended look.

"One, I was always smart, two I major in psychology, that you don't have to know about for a while. Three, the only dumb one in this room is you."

Irene glares at Wendy before assaulting her with slaps to her arm and Wendy tries to escape. After failed attempts of escaping, she grabs Irene's wrists and pins her to the bed.

"Gotcha." Their faces are both flushed after their session.

Slowly and subtly, Wendy slides her hands into Irene's and intertwines their hands as she leans her forehead against Irene's.

There's a calming silence between them as they stare at each other and Wendy finds herself not wanting to let Irene be married off to the prince.

But then again, she has no say in it.

Her duty in the kingdom was to be Irene's protector, not her lover. She was suppose to keep her from harm, not keep her from getting married. She knows what she has to do, but she pushes those thoughts to the back of her mind and leans in slowly.

Irene closes her eyes when she feels the other girl's lips touch hers.

Wendy's duty in her world was to be someone Irene could trust. Someone who could care for her and treat her well.

She always preferred her world anyway.

Pulling back from the kiss, Wendy sees Irene's eyes flutter open. But as soon as Irene opens them, she closes them and pulls Wendy into another kiss and once again, the two girls are lost in their small world.

A world where they don't have to worry about anything else and both girls are glad that they can ignore everything that matters very little to them.

--

Wendy woke up and found Irene peacefully sleeping.

There legs were tangled together and Wendy's arm was resting over Irene's waist.

Wendy found herself smiling at Irene as she slept and softly caressed the girl's cheek.

"That tickles Wendy.." Irene's eyes slowly opened and Wendy lets out a small grin.

"Good morning princess."

Irene scoots closer to Wendy and buries her face into the girl's neck to hide her blush.

"Morning.."

They lay in bed for another hour, speaking softly and embracing each other.

Wendy knows it's going to be a very rare moment and she does her best to take in the image of a Irene.

"I think we should get up. Your mother will wonder why we didn't show up for breakfast."

"I do not want to deal with that.." Irene replies back but still doesn't move.

"Then get up." Wendy smiles at Irene's pout and quickly slides out from under the covers.

Quickly grabbing a set of clothes from the closet in her room, she walks into the bathroom.

Irene frowns when Wendy escapes her sight but she gets up nonetheless. She grabs an oversized t-shirt from Wendy's closet and pulls it over herself. She's becoming fond of the clothing from Wendy's world and surprisingly her fashion sense, as Wendy had called it, was "on point".

Irene then puts on shorts and turns around immediately when Wendy comes out from the bathroom.

She's wearing tight black jeans and a white button up shirt. Her sleeves are rolled up and she has her hair neatly brushed.

"I decided to try wearing these types of outfits a while ago and I actually like it." Wendy smiles and Irene nods in agreement.

"It suits you."

"Not as well as that casual outfit you're wearing. On point as usual~." Irene blushes when she sees Wendy's eyes roam and turns around.

"Come on. I want to get breakfast over with."

"And you're going to wear that?" Wendy recieves a pillow to the face a moment after.

"No, I only put something on so I could walk back to my room. Or would you rather I walk back ?"

Wendy opens to retort but before she gets the chance to, Irene groans and storms out and Wendy goes after her.

--

"We found the cause of your time travelling escapade.." Irene breaks the silence.

Wendy swallows the lump in and turns to look at Irene. Disappointment and sadness were written on her face but she smiled nonetheless.

It was about time that they had found out what was happening and how it was happening. After a year and a half, Wendy had noticed the way the prince become impatient, even going as far as venting in a disastrous manner. About a month before, he had taken the researching into his own hands, speeding up the process.

Wendy knew that it was all to get rid of her.

She was in the way of his plans. She was in the way of his marriage.

She wanted to laugh in his face and then bury him alive. His intentions were written all over his face, yet she was the only one who was able to see it.

"We have found a way to transport you back to your time. And keep you there." Wendy did her best to stop herself from launching at the prince. 

His smug face made her want to kill him.

It was scary how far Wendy would go to help Irene. Even when she dated before, she never felt such need to protect someone.

"Tomorrow at dawn, we will transport you back in the courtyard. Bring anything that you'd like to take with you." After his final words, the prince spun on his heels and walked off, a sinister smile surfacing his face.

Wendy and Irene continued to walk to Wendy's room in silence. There was a tense atmosphere around them and even the servants looked at them in worry. 

Irene glanced at Wendy before sliding her hand shyly into her grip. If Wendy really was leaving, they would only have a few hours to spend together. 

Wendy squeezed Irene's hand in a reassuring manner and hoped for the best.

--

"You could live with me." Irene looked at Wendy with a confused look.

"What do you mean?" 

"You could travel back with me. You could forget about your engagement with that snarky bastard." Wendy looked into Irene's eyes and mustered up all of the seriousness she could.

Breaking eye contact, Irene shook her head with a sad smile.

"I have to marry him. If I don't he'll threaten my parents. My kingdom." 

Silence filled the room as Wendy tried to contain her anger and despair. If Irene married him, he would be able to do things that were even worst than declaring war. Everyone was blind of it all.

Everyone except her.

Thinking back, Wendy would always be different compared to everyone in the past. She knew of what many people don't know. She's been through so much worst than these people.

She furrowed her brows and laid back on the bed. It was obvious that Irene wouldn't come with her. Not without that idiot of a prince around.

She could kill him.

Sighing, she pulled the sheets over her head and tried to stop the dangerous thoughts forming in her head. While under the sheets, she heard the chair move and felt the bed shift.

"Wendy.."

Wendy didn't answer. She had no energy; no willpower to answer. She was ashamed of even thinking about murdering the prince. She smiled bitterly thinking about what her parents would think of her, nonetheless Irene.

Irene gently pulled the covers away and looked at Wendy's pale face. There was a look of longing, for her home maybe. 

Cupping the younger girl's cheek gently, she felt the other girl's hand come up and make contact with her own hand.

"I know you're having a hard time. It's obvious you long for your home as well. But I just can't leave everything behind to go with you.."

Lies. If Irene was just a bit more selfish, she would. 

"Yes you can. You just don't want to." Anger was building up once more in Wendy.

"Wendy! Listen to yourself! You're speaking nonsense, and it's not fair to make me choose!" Irene pulled back with an exasperrated look.

Sitting up, Wendy clenched her fist.

"If you really loved me, you wouldn't have so much trouble choosing!" As soon as those words came out, she immediately regretted them.

The look on Irene's face was filled with obvious hurt, depression and anger. 

"You do not get to say that!" Startled by the princess' outburst, Wendy widened her eyes.

Irene's eyes stung with oncoming tears. Her heart clenched painfully as she glared at Wendy.

"After all of the things I've done with you, for you.. You still do not believe that I love you? Wendy, I was willing to risk my life for you when that assassin tried to kill you, and I nearly did!" 

Wincing at the painful reminder, Wendy hung her head in shame.

"I didn't.. It just slipped out.." With a broken and timid voice, Wendy gave a pitiful reply and Irene scoffed.

"Maybe you should be asking yourself if you love me." 

Soon after, the door to Wendy's room was slammed shut.

Wendy stood up and locked the door to her room before going into the bathroom. Looking into the decorated mirror, she no longer saw the person she was earlier that day.

All she saw was an empty vessel with no soul.

She slammed her fist onto the mirror and finally let out her tears. What Irene had said was true and it hurt. It wasn't fair to make Irene choose. 

She ignored the stinging of her injury and wiped her tears away with her uninjured hand. 

She didn't want their last hours to end in a fight.

--

After a half an hour of waiting, she decided that it might have been okay to go and apologize to Irene.

It was worth a try even if Irene might not forgive her.

Disregarding her injury from earlier, she opened the door and sprinted to Irene's room.

Sliding to a stop, she hesitated and stood in front of the door for a while. 

If Irene didn't answer, what would she do?

Shaking all of the negative thoughts away, she stood up straighter and brought her hand up. She pulled the right sleeve down to hide her injury and knocked the door.

Surprisingly, a red and puffy eyed Irene opened the door.

The older girl must've been surpised to see Wendy, because her eyes immediately widened and she tried to close the door but Wendy slid her foot into the door before it could close.

She winced and held back a groan. Although her foot hurt, she successfully stopped the door from closing.

"Please, can we just talk?" I weak plea but enough for Irene to open the door all the way.

Walking in with a small ache, Wendy closed the door behind her. Irene sat on her bed and avoided looking at Wendy.

"I.. Look, I just wanted to say sorry.. I just blurted it out because I was mad."

Sighing, Wendy kneeled in front of Irene and grabbed one of her hands.

"I'm not trying to give you an ultimatum. I love you too much to do that. Whatever you do, I won't be mad at you. Whatever you choose, I won't hate you for it."

Irene felt the grip on her hand tighten. A mumble came from Wendy and she raised her head slightly.

"..As long as you don't hate me. Please just forgive me." Wendy's voice sounded so broken that Irene's heart clenched once more.

"Idiot."

"I know." Wendy bit her cheek as she looked up at the older girl.

"Why would you say something like that?" 

The younger girl shamefully looked down and closed her eyes.

"Love can do things to you. Whether bad or good." 

Irene pulled Wendy up and smashed her lips against the other girl's. Their liplock was fierce and passionate as if they were both trying to send a message to each other.

Moving her right hand, Wendy pulled back with a sharp hiss and held her hand. Irene saw the injured hand and immediately came closer and inspected it.

"What happened?" Wendy sheepishly grinned and scratched her cheek.

"Just venting out anger." Irene shook her head and looked at the glass shards in the younger girl's fist.

"You can't just let those stay in there.."

"I can take them out, it's fine." Before Wendy could do anything, Irene pulled out a small shard gingerly. 

Wendy watched with a slightly pained expression as the older girl worked on getting the shards out as painless as possible.

"Ow!" Irene gave an apologetic smile before finally taking out the last shard.

Irene went to get something to wrap Wendy's hand and the younger girl sat on the bed watching her in pure adoration. While Wendy watched Irene, the princess was busy looking for something to help ease the pain for Wendy. She pouted after searching for a while but finally grabbed a wet cloth and some strips of a larger bandage.

Walking back to Wendy, she gently cleaned the dried blood and the wound but nearly stopped when she felt an intense gaze on her. Swallowing, she then wrapped the bandages around Wendy's hand and tied a cute knot.

Before she could get up, Wendy had already gently placed a soft kiss on her lips and smiled.

"Thank you." Irene blushed and nodded.

She stood up and went to sit next to Wendy, but instead she was pulled onto the girl's lap. After letting out a small squeal, she blushed even harder seeing how close Wendy's face was close to hers.

"I really do love you. I've been with some people before, but I've never really felt this way."

Irene shivered when she felt Wendy's gentle breath on her lips and looked at the other girl in the eye.

"I love you too. And.. I'm really glad you've been my first in many things." Wendy smiled and closed her eyes, embracing the older girl in a more tighter hold.

There was a knock on the door and Wendy immediately jolted, resulting in Irene falling off of her.

The door opened and Seulgi came in with a confused face, but she soon caught on.

"I swear this isn't what you think it is." Wendy raised her hands up in mock surrender.

"She pushed me." Irene pouted and playfully looked at Wendy.

Of course Seulgi knew better. She smiled and shook her head while Wendy helped her princess up. Coming in with a large platter, she placed it down on a nearby table and started speaking.

"I heard that you were going back to your time. Maybe forever, Wendy-ssi." Wendy smiled sadly at that but nodded

"Yes, and what did I tell you about calling me Wendy-ssi? Just Wendy please." Irene giggled softly and came closer to Wendy.

"My apologies. If I may ask, what of your relationship then?"

Only the sounds of Seulgi's preparation of tea were heard. Wendy looked at Irene, who seemed to be in deep thought.

"I'm going with her." Irene stated with a strong voice.

"Yeah, she's staying— what?" Wendy widened her eyes as she looked at Irene.

"I'm going to go with her." Seulgi nodded and smiled gently while placing the tea cup down.

"A very well thought decision, I presume?" Irene nodded.

"I needed to think after a while."

The two girls sat on the chairs as Seulgi placed the cups in front of them.

"I wonder how it is like in the future? Would you mind telling me some of the things you've seen?" Wendy's eyes sparked with an idea and she looked at Irene.

Both girls smiled at the same time and nodded before looking back at Seulgi, who was still confused.

"How about you come with us?"

"I- what? You want me to.." Seulgi's words trailed away in shock yet somewhere inside of her, she was glad.

"I have a little sister that can help you get acquainted with the new things in the future." Irene nodded intensely.

Seulgi smiled  and nodded at the two girls.

"Then if you don't mind, I'll be coming as well."

--

Wendy stood in a circle that was created in the dirt. Irene and Seulgi stood nearby, ready to jump in at the correct time. The girl from the future gave a nod and smile to both of them before looking back at the prince.

"This will only work once. Please listen carefully."

His voice boomed throughout the courtyard and Wendy's fist clenched involuntarily.

As he stated the procedure clearly, Wendy began to prepare. Soon after the same white life that engulfed her the first time started appearing.

In a couple of seconds she'd be gone. Seulgi and Irene needed to jump in at the correct time.

"Think of your home, so that you may be taken there safely."

She thought of her somewhat large house. How her mother always made dinner and her sister Joy would hop in to help her. She thought of how her father always talked to her and asked about how well her classes were going. And then, she thought about how Irene adapted so well to her world.

She felt the same shiver from before and looked to Irene and Seulgi and they immdiately jumped in. Yells broke out and soon they were gone.

--

After a while, Wendy opened her eyes and looked around. She was indeed in her home. And it was extremely dark. She had to guess that it was some time around midnight. Letting her eyes adjust, she felt a hand grab hers and she squeezed it before flicking on the light switch that was nearest to them.

The room lit up and the three girls stood in the living room. Wendy smiled and let out a breath before hearing footsteps coming closer.

Her sister first appeared and then her mother and father.

"Oh my God, Wendy unnie, Irene unnie!" Joy grinned and engulfed them in a hug.

When separating, Joy's eyes caught sight of a newcomer and she tilted her head in a cute manner.

"Joy, this is Seulgi. Help her adapt, okay?" Wendy saw Joy literally light up as the girl beamed at Seulgi.

"Hi unnie! I'm Joy, what's your name?" Seulgi blushed at being near such a cute girl and smiled back.

"Seulgi." Joy nodded and hugged her as well.

Wendy and Irene looked at each other with a smile before looking back at her parents.

"Welcome back honey."

"I'll never leave again." Wendy hugged both of them and looked back at Irene, who was still standing there shyly.

"Irene." Irene's back straightened at being called upon and she looked at Wendy's mother.

"Welcome to the family."

--

"Unnie, I told you to order chicken!"

"But I didn't want chicken, I wanted pizza!" Wendy and Joy glared at each other while Irene and Seulgi watched with an amused smile.

The two girls had adapted well and were even going to college. Now whenever Irene or Seulgi came into the campus, many guys and girls swooned over them, resulting in two jealous females.

"Seulgi unnie, Wendy unnie is a meanie!" Joy pouted while shaking Seulgi's arm.

"Okay, come on we'll order chicken then. We don't need to share with them." Joy nodded and smiled but before they left, she stuck her tongue out at Wendy.

"YAH!" Irene of course held the girl back and smiled before pecking her cheek.

"Come on, let's eat. I'm hungry anyways." Wendy huffed but followed Irene's orders obediently.

As they sat down, Wendy's gaze fell upon Irene. The girl had changed a lot, and in a good way. She was no longer a princess with heavy duties and high standards. She didn't seem to be troubled all of the time. She also wore oversized t-shirts and sweaters really well.

"Why are you staring at me?" Irene tilted her head and furrowed her brows.

"I was just thinking of how you changed from being a princess to someone better."

"And what's better than a princess?" Irene felt Wendy plant a soft kiss on her forehead and answered with a gentle voice.

"My princess."

Blushing she hid her face and slapped Wendy softly.

"I love you." The three words were mumbled but Wendy heard them loud and clearly.

"Love you too~"

Meanwhile, the JoyGi couple cringed at the amount of cheesiness in the room. And it wasn't just because of the pizza they ordered.

"They need to get a room."

"But so do we." Joy smiled and pulled Seulgi away.

Seulgi's last thought?

'I'm so getting laid tonight.'