Innocent

The WenRene Dumps

Wendy smiled as the blood drained out of her victim's face. Warm blood pooled near the body as she stood up and signed the wall nearby.

Innocent.

Turning around, she walked away without a glance back.

--

Wendy has a routine everyday. Wake up, get dressed, talk with Irene for a couple of minutes and then go to college. After college, find a victim and then go home to talk with Irene again.

Wendy couldn't be happier with this routine. She gets onto her laptop and smiles when she sees a message notification.

It's from Irene again.

Wendy clicks on it and reads it in record speed while munching on cookies that her best friend Seulgi gave her.

Seungwan, talk to me~

The word cute pops up into mind and Wendy replies back.

I'm technically typing to you.

When she sees Irene's next message, her heart skips a beat and she almost leaps in joy.

Hmm.. Call me?

I didn't even know you had a phone.

Oops, guess I never told you my number. 

Wendy reads the number on the screen and finally taps the call button, anxiously waiting. 

She hasn't been this nervous since her first kill.

The phone rings the first time and immediately the call is answered.

"Hello?" Wendy wants to say hello back but instead she blurts out something stupid.

"Oh my God you have a hot voice." 

"Speak for yourself Seungwan!" Wendy blushes and facepalms.

"Did I say that out loud?" 

"Yes you did."

A soft giggle accompanies her voice and Wendy feels her heart flutter. 

"Hey, you told me you liked to sing right?" 

"Yeah, why?" Wendy is painfully oblivious and the next request surprises her.

"Sing for me." 

"Oka- wait, what no no no. I'm not really that good."

"Well judging from your voice I'm sure you're amazing." Wendy lets out a soft sigh and gives in.

She takes in a silent breath and starts to softly sing and Irene remains silent. 

The lyrics come out smoothly and Wendy feels accomplished. She hasn't sang in years, yet everything feels right.

"You're amazing."

Wendy has no words and instead lays on her bed silently. They don't speak and Wendy has to check to see if Irene is still on the call.

She frowns when she hears a male voice in the background telling Irene that he's home. The small sound of a kiss had confirmed her suspicions and her heart ached.

"Seungwan?" Wendy blinks her tears back and she takes in a deep breath before speaking.

"Yeah. Um, just call me Wendy by the way. Nobody calls me Seungwan anymore."

"I wanna be the only person who calls you Seungwan."

Wendy breathes out a small yeah and remains silent again.

"I- can we talk later? I have some things to do now." Wendy hears a small gasp and she squeezes her eyes shut.

"Yeah. See you." 

Before Irene gets to respond, Wendy hangs up and sits up, throwing her phone at the wall. She watches at it breaks into pieces and lets the tears fall.

--

For a whole day, she stops greeting Irene and instead immediately goes to college. She then looks for more victims. When she gets home and finally opens up her laptop, she sees 12 new messages and sighs before clicking on them guiltily.

They all ask if she's okay, and why she isn't replying. Wendy wants to slam a hammer on her laptop but doesn't, instead typing a quick apology and excuse up.

In an instant a reply comes and this time Irene asks why she wasn't picking up.

My friend broke it and I have to wait a while before getting a new one.

Then.. Can we video chat? I only see pictures of you. :c

Wendy bites her lips and looks at her clothes. They seemed pretty okay and well there wasn't really a lot of blood on her shirt.

Um. Yeah sure I guess.

Immediately an invite is sent and Wendy lets out a small smile while clicking accept.

Immediately, Irene pops up cuddling up to a blanket with her lower face hidden by it. Wendy finds the scene adorable.

"Aw, lower that blanket~." Wendy laughs softly when Irene shakes her head.

"You lower my self esteem." Wendy can see the pout even if is covered by her blanket.

"I've already seen pictures of you. Come on~"

"Fine.." Irene reluctantly brings the blanket down and blushes.

Wendy smiles and it almost turns into a scowl when she spots a hickey. 

"Seungwan, what's on your face?" Wendy furrows her eyebrows and turns to look at the mirror nearby.

There's blood smeared on the lower part of her cheek.

She cursed under her breath and rushed to get the blood off. The man she had killed fought back. Her stomach still hurt after their little battle.

"Seungwan, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." Wendy comes back with a fresh face and Irene tilts her head.

They talk for a while before she hears a male voice again. It's the same one from yesterday and she sees Irene turn around. She takes a moment to scowl before her trademark smile is back on.

"Seungwan, this is my boyfriend." Wendy waves and he waves back.

"I'll leave you two to your little bonding session." A peck on the cheek and Wendy feels anger seep into her mind.

She taps her foot and clenches her foot but quickly turns around when the door opens and Seulgi comes in.

"You need to keep clean Wendy, all of this blood is hard to wash off. How many v-" Wendy launches at the girl and clamps shut and glares.

"Shut the up would you?" Seulgi's eyes see the screen as Wendy's hands slip off.

"I- sorry. Um by the way, Joy is here and she brought food."

"Thanks. I'll be down in a moment." Seulgi scurries away and Wendy's eyes are still narrowed but when she sees Irene's surprised yet concerned expression, she softens.

"Sorry. Didn't expect that."

"It's fine um. About the blood thing.." Wendy's mind thinks of an excuse as she sits back down.

"A girl was being ually harrassed so yeah.."

"Oh. Um, she's okay now right?" Wendy chuckles in her mind.

"Yep." If being fine was not being able to breathe anymore then both the attacker and victim was fine.

"Oh, well I heard that you had to go so I'll talk to you tomorrow?"

"Yeah sure. See you tomorrow." Wendy's expression changes into a dark one just a second before she turns off her laptop and Irene's mind quickly memorizes it before the screen disappears

--

"Please don't tell me you fell for her." Seulgi rubbed her temples while Joy rubbed the girl's back.

Wendy sat there with a frown sighed before banging her head on the table, startling Seulgi and Joy.

"I don't even know. I'm so confused."

"Unnie, I don't think you're confused. I think it's because you thought that you would never be able to love someone."

"But I love you guys." Wendy furrows her eyebrows, not catching what Joy meant.

"Yeah but as a sisterly love. I meant as romantic love." 

Wendy sat there silently and thought it over. She loved Seulgi and Joy but not like how they both loved each other. She really did think that she couldn't love anyone else. Not after her past.

"I need to think about this." The usually smiling girl stood up and walked to her room, locking the door behind her.

--

Everyday after her normal routine, Wendy would video chat with Irene and it usually ended after Irene's boyfriend came home.

And here she is, in Joy and Seulgi's cafe waiting for Irene, who supposedly wanted to meet her in person. It had only been two months since they started video chatting. 

She was often cautious these days because every single cop out in South Korea was searching for her. 

She looked at the door when it jingled and smiled softly at Irene, who was smiling back. Wendy stood up and immediately, Irene hugged the girl, startling her. Soon she felt her arms slip around the other girls waist as she hugged back and it felt.. She didn't know the word for it..

"God, I've been waiting forever. I swear this day was the slowest day in history."Wendy chuckles and leads Irene to the table. She pulls out the chair for Irene as an unknown instinct.

Wendy calls Seugli over since she was the only other employee who was free.

"Ready to order Wendy?" Wendy hums in reply and looks over to Irene.

"Any suggestions Seungwan?" Irene tilts her head and Seulgi arches an eyebrow.

Wendy hates her real name.

Wendy motions Seulgi to come closer and she whispers something into the girl's ear before smiling and Seulgi snickers before writing it down.

"And I'll have just have an Americano." Wendy hands Seulgi the menu and Seulgi smiles to both girls before walking away.

"What did you order for me?" Irene pouts when Wendy gives an innocent look.

The two girls chat for a little while and the topic of relationships comes up out of no where.

"So are you dating her?" Irene curiously asks and Wendy starts laughing. 

Some of the customers look at her weirdly but the others brush it off, knowing that she was a regular and a close friend of the owners.

"Yah! I'm serious!" Wendy stifles her laughter and wipes a fake tear.

"Sorry, that was just too funny. No I'm not dating her, God if you said that in front of Joy, she would go crazy." Wendy waves and Irene glances back, seeing another girl smiling before getting back to work.

"Is that..?"

"Yep. That's Joy. Two years younger than me. Also known as the other owner of this cafe and five year plus girlfriend of Seulgi." Irene's jaw drops as she catches 'five year'.

"That long?"

"Yep, they get into fights sometimes and it's really rare so usually when they fight it's very serious. But I usually help them solve their problems." Wendy scrunches her face when Joy and Seulgi share a quick kiss before getting back to work.

Irene giggles at the sight of Wendy's face and rests her head on her arms.

"So how are you and your boyfriend?" Wendy bites her cheek as she watches Irene carefully.

Surprisingly, the girl's expression doesn't change as she stares at Wendy.

"We broke up a week ago."

Wendy's mouth forms an O and they enter an awkward silence. Although Wendy's heart is beating at a rapid pace, she still feels a bit sad because Irene looked genuinely happy when her boyfriend came home.

But then again, Irene looks genuinely happy when she's with Wendy.

Shaking the though out of her head, Wendy watches as Seulgi and Joy come to their table with their drinks, which was honestly not needed since Seulgi could carry two drinks by herself anyway.

"Americano for Wendy and a flat white for Irene-ssi." Seulgi places the Americano down and Joy looks at Wendy.

"Unnie, you're so cheesy." Wendy sticks her tongue out at the young girl and Joy only rolls her eyes before placing Irene's drink down and scurryng off with Seulgi.

"Why don't you ever do these romantic stuff with me?" Wendy chuckles but turns to look at Irene.

Irene looked at her drink and her jaw dropped when she saw the latte art. She wondered how long it took to create the drink.

"I can't believe you ordered me this. Not to mention with me as the latte art." Irene squinted her eyes and saw a small heart and blushed.

"Joys an expert at this. And plus you only deserve the best right?" Wendy smiles cheekily and gives a thumbs up to Joy.

"It's really good, and she's only like 18?" Wendy nodded and took a sip of her drink.

"Too bad you have to drink yourself." Irene turns and looks at Seulgi and Joy when she hears giggling and pouts.

"I probably taste delicious!" Irene sees a dangerous look in Wendy's eyes for a quick moment.

Wendy mumbles something before her lips and placing her drink down. Irene furrows her eyebrows but takes a sip of her drink before speaking.

"What did you say?" Wendy chuckles a bit and Irene pouts.

Seeing the foam on Irene's face in addition with Irene's pout makes Wendy squeal. While Irene is still confused, Wendy smiles and wipes the foam from above Irene's lip. Irene blushes and Wendy gives her a smile filled with love.

They talk for a little longer and when they finally look at the clock nearby, they're surprised at the time.

"I'll see you tomorrow? I can pick you up from college." Irene asks as the two girls get ready to leave.

"Sure. We could just meet here if picking me up is a hassle." Wendy smiles and pays the bill for both her and Irene.

"I'll pick you up then!" Both girls wave to Seulgi and Joy before heading out of the cafe.

Wendy walks Irene to her car and opens the door for Irene and the girl smiles while getting it. Wendy closes the door as Irene rolls down the windows so they can talk for a little longer.

"What time do you want me to pick you up?" 

"Around 3:00 PM would do." Wendy forgets about her usual routine and just names the time she gets out of college.

Irene nods and the two girls fall into silence. Neither of them want to leave and Wendy taps her foot anxiously while Irene bites her lip. Instead, Wendy looks at Irene and feels a warm feeling wash over her. She's never felt this way and it scares her but at the same time it feels comforting.

While stuck in her thoughts, she feels something soft touch her cheek and with wide eyes, she looks at Irene. The girl was blushing and Wendy felt a smile surface her face before she opened the door and gently placed her lips on Irene's.

--

"Too much PDA.." Seugli scrunches up her face and Joy giggles.

"I'm sure this is how she feels when she is around us unnie."

Seulgi and Joy continue watching from a window and they see Wendy finally pull away from Irene.

"FINALLY, I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO SUFFOCATE HER! HOW LARGE IS YOUR LUNG CAPACITY WENDY!?" Joy covers Seulgi's mouth before she does more damage but she's already too late.

"YAH!"

--

Days pass, and then weeks. There is no news about the serial killer. The police have still continued to search for the killer of many victims yet there is no base for them to search on. The scenes are always empty except for the dead body and the word innocent written in blood somewhere.

The citizens in the area feel slightly more secured knowing that the serial killer hasn't made any attacks, but some still think that the crazed killer is out there, killing innocent people and hiding them.

Meanwhile, Wendy smirks as she looks out her window, seeing police officers knock on everyone's door.

They should be glad that she wasn't killing anyone, yet they still want to search for her. Justice was what they wanted.

Yet, when she was a small child, watching her father murder her mother with fear and anger bubbling inside, the police sent him to prison for 20 years. 20 years, and that was it.

Instead she decided to kill him before he was sent to prison.

Wendy exhales and watches as the window fogs up.

Soon, she hears a loud knock on her door and she sighs. Usually she wouldn't anser but Seulgi and Joy are on a date since it's there anniversary.

Walking down and opening the door, she looks a the police officer with a polite smile. the officer nods back and starts to question her, in which she responds with lies. Finally after he leaves, Wendy locks the door behind her heads back upstairs to her safe haven.

--

Everyday, Wendy gets to see Irene. Everyday, she gets to feel the girl's embrace and lips. It satisfies her a lot, enough to keep the urges to kill in the back of her mind. 

Wendy walks around the city, looking for something to do. She's already been to the cafe, the supermarket, and a bar. She sees a large crowd and walks to it with curious eyes and her eyes widen when she sees police officers surrounding a man holding a hostage.

It's Irene.

Wendy pushes people away to get closer and she feels dread wash over her. He's not exposed at all. His back is to a wall and he's guarding his sides well. 

Wendy catches Irene's eye and she sees the fear and panic in Irene. She clenches her jaw and walks to a nearby police officer, secretly slipping his gun out of the holster. She slips it in her pocket and walks to the front.

The man holding Irene sees Wendy and she smirks. She grabs the gun in her pocket but doesn't pull it out, instead walking calmly towards the man. Soon, she's in front of them and everyone is in a dead silence. 

"Innocent?" The man's eyes fill with panic and fear while Wendy pulls the gun out.

The police start to come forward but she gives the commanding officer a look and he immediately tells them to stay still.

"I think.. You're guilty." 

She pulls the trigger.

Irene's eyes squeeze shut and soon a thud is heard. Wendy drops the gun and walks over to Irene, walking her back to a safe area before walking back to the dead man. She glances back at the officers and Irene before dipping two fingers in the blood.

And then, she starts to write.

"Innocent? I'm afraid not." Wendy turns around and walks to an officer who is frozen in fear and she grabs the handcuffs.

Soon the commanding officer comes forward and she hands it to him, and holds both of her hands out.

"You saved a life. But you've killed many." Wendy nods solemly and looks at Irene. 

"You were my savior, Irene. So I became yours."

The last thing Wendy sees is Seulgi and Joy comforting Irene.

And she's glad. Even if her punishment was a death penalty, she was glad that she was able to love Irene.