Chapter 4

You Who Shines The Brightest
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Okay then, you call me hyung, since I am older than you," he said back. "Are you sure you're alright Jongdae? You seem a bit dazed," he asked.

Of course I looked dazed! I am so freaking confused right now and all I can think about is you hyung! Wait, no, scratch that! "Yeah, I'm sure," he said in contrast to his thoughts.

"Well, it's getting late. I should get going now. I'll come back another time and maybe we can have a proper conversation together. Without me you know, being all weird and awkward," he smirked. "Have a good night Jongdae," he said. He bowed slightly before turning carefully and leaving the apartment.

Kyungie, you are so going to get in now! he thought before heading off to bed.

 

Baekhyun was back at home, sitting in bed, on the phone. Once the other picked up, he didn't even greet the person, "Kim Jongin! Why the hell did you go round and tell Kyungsoo about me?! You made it so awkward and now I owe Kyungsoo a favour in return!" he exclaimed into the mic.

Sorry, I couldn't help it. It was just too funny seeing you, well, not being you. You seemed nervous for once. Oh, but Baek, can you come along with me tomorrow for something?

"What is it exactly?" he asked back, still obviously annoyed.

Uh, well Sehun said he's going to introduce me to his friends too. Since I don't want to go by myself and since you're my best friend-

"Yes, I'll go, but you owe me alright?" he sighed. Even though he was annoyed at his friend, he still cared about him just the same.

Thanks Baek! I'll meet you at the cafe tomorrow morning then!

"Okay, g'night Jongin," he said.

 

It wasn't very hard to find the oh-so-lovey-dovey couple towards the back of the cafe. In fact, Baekhyun was trying to remind himself why he was even there to accompany Jongin anyway. He had much better things to do in all honesty - like calling Jongdae. That's all that he could really think about these days, Jongdae this, Jongdae that. "Hey guys," he said as he plopped down into one of the seats.

"Someone sounds tired," observed Jongin.

"No way, I'm not tired. I just can't believe I actually agreed to come here when I could be talking to Jongdae and getting to know him. God, why was I so quick to say yes to this," he sighed. Baekhyun was disturbed however when he heard the next couple of voices.

"Hey Sehun!" exclaimed a rather deep, baritone voice.

"Hey, how you doin' Sehun?" said another male.

Baekhyun's head snapped up to see two giants. "YOU TWO?! What are you doing here?!" he exclaimed.

"Oh, hey Baekhyun," Kris said calmly. Although, the look in his eyes said otherwise.

"Baekhyunnie~!" Chanyeol dived towards the shorter male for a hug.

However, Baekhyun easily dodged it. He quickly grabbed his things and ran towards the door, "Jongin, you're on your own this time!" he exclaimed before escaping.

 

Now, I really think I should've gone to visit Jongdae instead, thought Baekhyun. Those two giants were people that Baekhyun already knew, but not for the usual friendly reasons anyone else would have. Instead Baekhyun knew them, well, because one of them - Park Chanyeol, an elf-eared, teeth-rich smile, happy-virus giant - would always try and convince Baekhyun to go on a date - but he received a very firm "no" every time. The other - Kris Wu, taller than Chanyeol, handsome facial features, intense eyes - was in love with Chanyeol. The only thing was that the latter was way too oblivious to even notice!

Suddenly, Baekhyun's phone began ringing. Jongdae?! He kept walking and accepted the call, "H-hello?" Why did you stutter you idiot?!

Oh hey hyung, um, I was wondering if you wanted to come over tod

Please log in to read the full chapter