Chapter 3

You Who Shines The Brightest
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jongdae's eyes widened in shock at the realisation. He had been friends with Kyungsoo since middle school and they never kept secrets from each other. There was a time that Kyungsoo had confessed that he liked Jongdae, but the latter couldn't accept it. Kyungsoo had expected it though and had just kept a firm hold on their friendship instead. Out of all the people Jongdae knew, he had known Kyungsoo the longest and that meant that they knew each other the best. So, for Kyungsoo to say what he did, there must've been something that he felt for this Byun Baekhyun.

"You never know, maybe you should just try getting to know the guy first. Maybe then you can make up your mind whether you like him or not," joked Kyungsoo.

Jongdae clicked his tongue and just slowly sat up, swung his legs around the side of his bed and stretched. "I'm probably thinking too much into it," he yawned. "Thanks Kyungie. You should get home, it's going to be dark soon," he advised.

"Yeah, I should. Call me again if you need anything Jongdae," he offered before leaving the forever dark apartment.

 

As Kyungsoo was leaving, his phone buzzed. "Jongin-hyung?" he said aloud. He unlocked the screen to check the text.

 

Jongin TO Kyungsoo:

Hey, Kyungie, come down to the cafe I always tell you about. I want you to meet my boyfriend :)

 

Kyungsoo just stopped for a moment before responding. He didn't know that Jongin had gotten a boyfriend.

 

Kyungsoo To Jongin:

Alright, I'll be there in about twenty minutes.

 

When Kyungsoo got to the cafe, it wasn't very hard finding his friend considering there were no other customers in there except for their group.

"Kyungie! Come over here!" exclaimed Jongin. He looked way too happy but there was a reason. Kyungsoo saw the guy Jongin was wrapping an arm around and realised why he was so happy. "Kyungie, this is my boyfriend Oh Sehun," he smiled.

"Nice to meet you Kyungsoo," Sehun greeted in his usual monotone voice.

"Nice to meet you too," Kyungsoo bowed.

"Oh, Kyungsoo," said a surprised Minseok, "Nice to see you again."

"You too Minseok-hyung." He looked at the person who was being hugged by Minseok before saying, "You must be hyung's boyfriend. Luhan-ssi, right?"

"Yes! Aren't you adorable! Minnie, why haven't you introduced me to Kyungsoo before?" he asked as he looked up.

He just smiled at the two in front of him and then noticed the last person, who happened to be sleeping. "Is Baekhyun-ssi asleep?" he asked.

"Yeah, I don't know what came over him, but he just fell asleep at some point," answered Minseok. "How is he going to get home now? He is such a deep sleeper," he sighed.

"I could drop him off to his place. I drove here after all," offered Kyungsoo.

"Are you sure? It wouldn't be too much trouble?" asked Luhan.

"Yes, I'm sure, I'm in no hurry, plus, he'll just owe me something in return later," he smiled.

"I like your style Kyungsoo. I think we'll be good friends," Luhan smiled mischievously.

 

So now, the two of them were in Kyungsoo's car, on the way to Baekhyun's place. Kyungsoo knew the area pretty well and was able to find Baekhyun's place easily. Although he had a small frame, Kyungsoo was pretty strong. He carried the sleeping Baekhyun - who never stirred throughout the whole drive - up to his apartment and onto his couch. He didn't want to intrude on the other's private things in the bedroom, so he quickly found a blanket and was about to place it on Baekhyun when his phone began ringing extra loud for some reason.

"Hey Jongdae," he said.

Kyungie, where are you? I was wondering if you could buy something for me.

"I'm at Baekhyun-ssi's place," he answered as he held his phone between his shoulder and head as he placed the blanket on Baekhyun. He

Please log in to read the full chapter