Chapter 1

You Who Shines The Brightest
Please log in to read the full chapter

Being afraid of light was not fun. Especially if you were Kim Jongdae who had heliophobia. That meant that he had a fear of the sun, sunlight or any bright lights. He hadn't always been a heliophobe. It had been triggered when he was 18 years old. At the end of high school. Like any other graduate, his parents had come along and congratulated their one and only son on graduating high school.

He had stayed behind for the after party and his parents were going to pick him up later that night. But they never came. They had both been in a two car pile up caused by a truck that had toppled over on the road. When Jongdae had seen the news, he saw that the headlights of the truck, were still shining bright and what was even worse, it had been carrying what seemed like those big stadium lights.

There was a bird's eye view shot from a helicopter on the news when he had found out. However, all that he could see were those large bright lights. Ever since that traumatic day, he had been afraid of any bright lights. Whenever it was day time, he would close up all his curtains, but then they wouldn't open until it was very late into the night when he was sure that the shops across the quiet street that he lived on were closed. Even then, he wouldn't open his curtains up fully since he knew that cars could drive passed at any time.

All the lights in Jongdae's apartment were the adjustable type. He would always make sure that it was at the dimmest possible during the evenings and nights. During the day, he wouldn't even turn them on. His eyes had become accustomed to this way of living over the past four years.

His one escape was singing and he did plenty of it to pass time.

Thankfully, he didn't have agoraphobia - the fear of people or crowded places; leaving the home or safe haven - he was still able to go out, but he would be accompanied by one of his trusted friends - Do Kyungsoo.

 

Byun Baekhyun was once again in his friend's boyfriend's cafe. He was bored. There hadn't been any new products or clothes out recently and he was just bored. He was just sitting there. Well there was another reason. For once he wasn't really thinking about shopping and the city. Instead, he was thinking about a voice that he had heard the previous night. He had been out shopping - again - and he was walking back home. However, from one of the apartment buildings, came a beautiful melodic voice that just hit him right in the chest.

"Uh Baek, are you okay?" asked Jongin.

"Yeah, I think so," he answered bluntly.

"Whoa, someone sounds either really bored or deep in thought. Neither that are usually of your character, so spill," demanded Luhan.

"Have you guys ever heard an angel's voice?" he asked.

"What has this got to do with anything?" asked a confused Jongin as he sat up properly to listen.

"Because I think I heard one whilst walking home last night. It was the most beautiful voice I have ever heard, but he sounded so sad at the same time," he continued. "Who would sing at such a late hour in a such a sad way?" he asked to no one in particular.

"Baekkie, either you have a fever or you have a very serious case of falling in love," stated Luhan.

Jongin lifted his hand up to his friend's forehead, "No fever. Well if he did, then he would still be like this anyway."

Baekhyun suddenly got up and packed his things into his bag, "Where are you going mister?" asked Luhan.

"Somewhere. Talk to you guys later," he said as he

Please log in to read the full chapter