Chapter 2

You Who Shines The Brightest
Please log in to read the full chapter

Poor Jongin. He had been dragged over to the apartment building by Baekhyun. He didn't even know why his friend needed him to be there, but somehow, there he was, pressing the buzzer to apartment number 21. "Hello?" asked the voice.

"Hi, sorry to disturb you Jongdae-ssi, but my friend Baekhyun here," he said as he shoved his friend to face the intercom, "wanted to see you. He says he wants to talk about some important things with you." He was purposely glaring at Baekhyun as he said this because he also had his own important things to do - like texting this mystery person none of his friends knew about.

The other side was silent for a moment. "Uh, okay then. Just a moment," he said hesitantly.

The door made a ping sound letting the two know that they could go in, but of course, being the best friend he was, Jongin opened the door and just pushed Baekhyun in. The latter couldn't do anything because once he had turned around, his friend was already bolting down the street. He sighed before heading up the flights of stairs.

 

Jongdae was slightly confused by the sudden visit, that was for sure, but he had an idea what it was about. However he never knew how upfront this Baekhyun guy could be. Once he opened the door, he was already there, standing there, looking starstruck as he saw Jongdae's face. Jongdae was a bit hesitant so he didn't let Baekhyun in. Before he could even greet his visitor, he was asked a question that just boggled his mind, "Are you dating anyone at the moment?"

Jongdae blinked a couple times, "What?! You came here to discuss whether I am dating or not?" he asked back in disbelief. He knew this was going to happen, but the fact that he actually asked was what amazed Jongdae.

"Yes," was the answer Jongdae received.

"Look, you do realise that we are strangers still right? We only know each other by name and age," he stated.

"That's where you're wrong. I know where you live, and that when you sing, it's beautiful but I can't help but feel sad. When you sing it sounds as if you are trying to call out to someone," retorted Baekhyun.

Jongdae's hand clenched into a fist at his side, "How would you know?" he asked coldly. His fringe fell over his eyes as he looked down. This was why he didn't let Baekhyun in. He knew at some point, Baekhyun would mention his singing.

Baekhyun saw the other's hand clenched in a fist, "I-I'm sorry, did I say something wrong?" he asked frantically. He was never one to say sorry or apologise in any way, but he just felt like he had to.

The truth was that Jongdae had never met anyone who had realised why he sang. Then this guy came around. How could this complete stranger just suddenly waltz into his life and tell him why he sang? Jongdae didn't want to rage out at a complete stranger either - and the light was only just starting to bug him.

Wait, what?

How had he been standing out there for that long and not felt any anxiety? Who was this Baekhyun guy? And how was he able to make Jongdae forget about his phobia? It was all too confusing and annoying to think about. "No, you didn't," he finally answered and relaxed his fist, much to Baekhyun's relief. "I'm sorry, but could you come again another time? I have to do some things," he asked. Like calling Kyungie and making sure I do have heliophobia and ask him about these things.

"Okay then, but could I perhaps have your number? Just so that I can call you in advance instead of surprising you like today," he asked. So they exchanged numbers and Baekhyun was on his way.

Please log in to read the full chapter