Chapter 5

You Who Shines The Brightest
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next morning, a certain couple of petite males woke up to a surprise. They didn't scream, but they did however, scramble away from one another. Baekhyun hadn't actually gone home the previous day after talking with Jongdae and the two just kept on talking for hours on end. The two sort of just fell asleep together on the sofa. Whether it was dark or as bright as day, both of them knew that they were blushing. It was pretty obvious thanks to the embarrassed laughter coming from both of them.

The older male saw his phone - that he had reduced the brightness of - and realised he had several missed calls from a couple of his friends. "Urgh," he groaned as he hung his head back as he grabbed his phone.

"Friends?" asked a curious Jongdae.

"Yeah, well, they're my best friends who know how to push my buttons. And calling me a million times is one of them," he answered. He put his phone back down on the table after having texted them with friendly yet not empty threats. "Sorry about that."

"No no, that's fine... Baekhyun-hyung, why do you like me?" he asked out of the blue.

Baekhyun looked visibly surprised, but only momentarily. "Well, I don't know. That night when I heard you singing, it felt as though you needed someone and for me to have stumbled passed here that night must mean that fate has got something to do with it, don't you think so?" he asked back. "I don't really have a reason for liking you. I just do. The only real way that I know that I like you is that I am thinking of you 24/7 it seems," added Baekhyun.

Do I actually like Baekhyun-hyung that much too? I mean, if he is willing to admit that he thinks about me 24/7, then should I? I mean I do think I am starting to realise that I do sort of like him and considering that he seems to infiltrate my thoughts as much as possible every single minute of the day-

"Jongdae, are you okay? You keep dazing off every now and then, are you feeling alright?" Baekhyun lifted a hand to touch Jongdae's forehead and his own to compare, "You seem alright to me."

"How is it that you make me question my own feelings hyung? How is it that after four years of having this phobia, I'm starting to question whether I actually still have it? Why is it that when someone else kisses you, I feel a sudden surge of anger rise within me? Why can't I stop thinking about you? And whenever you leave, why do I feel as though a part of me is lost?" he blurted out.

The older male just stared at Jongdae for a moment. "Well, maybe you might just like me more than you think. Maybe you're starting to question your phobia because I'm such a bright person!" he exclaimed happily.

"I think you're right hyung," he smiled back. "Maybe you can be the cure to my seemingly incurable phobia." Jongdae was suddenly embraced in a very warm hug from the older male.

"Then I'll do my best to out-shine everything else," Baekhyun whispered sweetly. He smiled when he felt the pair of arms wrap around his midsection.

 

Kris, Chanyeol, Jongin and Sehun were once again sitting in the cafe. Suddenly, Luhan came out of nowhere and sat himself in the empty seat beside Jongin. "What's up with this oddly depressing mood geez?" he asked as he looked around the table.

"Chanyeol, take your eyes away from Luhan. He's mine," stated Minseok as he appeared behind his boyfriend.

"Yes I am, my baozi~! I am all yours," he said as he held the cafe owner's hands around his neck. "So you're Park Cha

Please log in to read the full chapter