Step One: Research is Key

I Have a Dog?

AN: So, I was just going to wait a bit before uploading this chapter so that the rest of the uploads would be a bit more evenly spaced out, but eh, whatever. 

Also, if there was any confusion on settings or ages, I made an author's note in the previous chapter. Enjoy!


Junior stumbled into the classroom early the next day. Early as in the usual time he would have to come in if he wanted to be able to sit behind Mark. Yet he was so tired that he didn't even pay attention to where he sat, just collapsing into a seat the moment he reached the estimated area of his destination. Pulling out a book from his backpack, he set it on the desk and proceeded to use it as a pillow for the remainder of class, only bothering to look up twice throughout the duration of the lesson- once when Mark walked into class, and again when his teacher yelled at him for sleeping. But he quickly put it down after he noticed Mark watching at him, and his face began to match the color of Mark's hair in his embarrassment. Soon enough, the bell rang for class to let out, and Junior got up after a few minutes to look for his friends, Jaebum and Yugyeom (who is still a brat). 

 

"Hey! Somebody looks like they got a good night's rest," Yugyeom shouted at the top of his lungs the moment he saw Jinyoung. He also clapped a bit at his own joke for good measure. Really loudly.

 

"Shh, quiet, little one," Jinyoung hushed with a wave of his hand. "I am not in the mood for your choding acts today. I was up very late last night studying."

 

"Pfft, more like studying how to get closer to the love of his life, Mark Tuan," JB said as he slid into the table.

 

"What, no, I definitely was not," Junior protested. I was just maybe stalking his facebook, okay? But you don't need to know that.

 

"Aigoo, does our lovely mommy have a crush? Does that mean Mark will be our new daddy?" Yugyeom teased. "Oh good, because I don't like JB, he isn't a good dad."

 

"Hey, who do you think you are to be undermining my position as father of this household, you."

 

"See what I mean, help me mommy, daddy is being mean again," which was followed by a smack on the baby’s head. "No, you can't do that to me, that's child abuse! 

 

"Oh, is the poor baby sad, do you need me to kiss your boo-boo better?" JB said, before childishly sticking out his tongue at the younger. 

 

"NNnn, can't you two please shut up for a second, can't you see I'm trying to brainstorm? Stop bullying my baby, Jaebum," Jinyoung groaned, not even bothering to lift his head from the table. The sweet, cool table. I bet Mark’s skin is just as nice and soft as this table.

 

"Hah, brainstorming? More like daydreaming about having Mark's kids," Jaebum scoffed.

 

"But wait, for real, do you really like Mark? Why didn't I know this? Wait, are we talking about the Mark in my dance class, the one from the States?" Yugyeom inquired.

 

"Yes, yes, that one," Junior offhandedly replied, still “brainstorming.” “Wait, oh yes, Yugyeom, you're a genius! He's from the States!"

 

"I thought you had a crush on him. And you don't even know where he's from, what a disappointment." Jaebum pointed out.

 

"Just shut up, I knew he was from LA! It's just that maybe I can use that to get closer to him! I have to go to the library and get some research books, okay? Okay, bye,” was all Jinyoung said before he jumped up to run off goodness knows where.

 

"Well. I guess mommy Jinyoung really does like Mark. He doesn’t ever get that active when he’s sleep deprived, even for me.”

 

"You don't even know half of it, kid."

 

“Hey, who're you calling a kid! I'm taller that the both of you, and only a couple years younger!”

 

"Shut up and give me your french fries."

 


 

“Do you think he knows that the library is the other way?”

 


 

"English books, American culture, English, English," could be heard from the shelves as Junior browsed the library. “Damn it, I knew I should’ve taken English instead of Japanese. What’s the point of this. He's not even going to care that I speak English, He speaks fluent Korean for goodness sakes!" 

 

"None of these English books are good for anything, these are the books that Youngjae uses, I can’t just go up to Mark and say “Hello everybody, my name is Jinyoung’ he’s going to think I’m absolutely dense,” Junior grumbled. "Oh, wait, what's this? 101 Tips For Talking To Your Crush? Maybe I can use these on Mark!"

 


 

A few second passed before, "What the hell? These are the stupidest things I've ever read. Start with a joke? No. That is the worst idea I've ever heard of. Compliment them on their outfit or looks? Sound like a creeper much. Look for common interests. Maybe that would work, but I don't even know what music he likes, much less his common interests. This is a dumb book; I'm trying to learn how to talk to him so that I can find common interest with him! And what the hell is ‘be confident, even if you are shy,’ but then also ‘be yourself, don’t act fake’? What kind of contradictions are these even supposed to be. Oh, and look, I’m not supposed to lie about my interests, but also be sure to find common interests? What if we don’t have any common interests?” Jinyoung growled in frustration before slamming the book closed. 

 

"Be quiet, we are in a library! And don't slam those books, they are school property, I’m going to get in trouble if you break it,” the kid at the counter said.

 

"Yeah, yeah, sorry,” Junior apologized half-heartedly.

 

“Actually, it’s not that big of a deal, I’ve just always liked pretending to be an authority figure,” the kid said. “I’m Bambam, by the way. Do you need help finding anything? If you’re having problems with a crush, might I recommend-”

 

“No, not at all, I do not need anybody’s help on anything, yep, okay, I’ll just be going now, this book was absolutely not useful, yep, no, I was just doing a research project, that’s, it’s very okay, thank you, bye,” Junior interrupted before high-tailing it out of the library.

 

"Well, that was a waste of my time. I didn't even get anything useful. Much.”

 


 

Even so, he found himself back in the same spot the next day, with the book in his hands as he took it up to the counter to get it checked out.

 

"Aish, this is so embarrassing," he muttered as he handed it to the young boy behind the counter.

 

"I see you've found yourself a book. I hope it'll be useful to whatever you're trying," Bambam said. "But you might also want to change your hair cut before talking to your crush,” he commented before handing the book back to Jinyoung.

 

Jinyoung just stood there for a moment, shocked. Who was this stranger, and how dare he insult Jinyoung’s hair. I got that cut by my mom!

 

“Oh, and also, Mark likes to skateboard, if you’re looking for common interests. Now I gotta go shelve the books, I’ll see you around sometime,” Bambam called over his shoulder as he walked off.

 

Jinyoung walked out, stunned. That punk better watch it. His sass is worse than Yugyeom’s… Was I being that obvious?

 


 

Well, the book did say to look nice when talking to your crush. But he couldn't tell if he was taking things a little too far as he got his hair cut and restyled. (He also went out and bought a skateboard after the kid from the library- Bambam- hinted- okay more like outright stated- that Mark liked to skateboard, but that became irrelevant after one attempt on the board sent him flying.)

 (His new and improved haricut, yay! It's actually from when he was in Dream High 2, I just really liked his hair then, and I bet Mark liked it too.)


 

A couple hours later, Jinyoung could be found pacing his room in front of the mirror.

 

"Uhg, this is not good enough. What if he doesn't laugh at my jokes? I need some serious help."

 

To: Lim JB

Hey, JB, why couldn't the bike stand on it's own?

 

To: Mother Jr.

What the f-

 

To: Lim JB

Because it was two-tired! No, is that too dumb?

 

To: Mother Jr.

I have no idea where that came from, but Yugyeom is clapping his off, so~

 

"What, no, Yugyeom has a horrible sense of humor, this is so dumb, no Junior, why did you think that puns would be good, no noo this is never going to work!"