Step Four: Boyfriend Achieved

I Have a Dog?

//Wow, it took me a long time to finally get here to the end. This feels weird, the end of my first fanfic (well, technically I finished Pick-Up Lines Galore first, but I started this one before) although technically there's still the epilogue to come. I guess. Sorry it took me so long to update. :( Anyways, enjoy!


The next day, Junior got up at with the sun- only to fall back asleep after changing out of his pajama pants. He wasn't much of a morning person. That's why he was found running around his house ten minutes before Mark was set to show up. 

 

“Mom! Have you seen my blue sweater, the nice one that you made me wear for picture day last year? Or no, wait, will that be too obvious that I’m dressing up? We are just playing at a park after all,” Junior debated, not sure what outfit would be best fit for a “date” with Mark. “Why is this so hard?!” he complained, sitting back down on his bed. He had been sitting there contemplating for a few minutes, when he was snapped out of his daydream (about Mark) by the sound of the doorbell that rung throughout the house. Oh my goodness, he’s here, he thought before rushing out of his room and running to get the door before his mother. It wasn’t until he had already opened the door that he realized. I’m still wearing my rubber ducky pajamas. “Hi.”

 

“Oh, um, hey!” Mark answered, looking a little confused for a moment, before he was grinning at how the pajamas didn’t really seem to fit Junior, leaving a strip of his pale ankle showing. 

 

“I’m sorry. I just, I slept in a bit, and uh, do you want to come in and wait while I get changed, super duper quickly. Like, not in a desperate way, just fast so that you don’t have to wait. Yeah?” he rambled, hoping that Mark wouldn’t run away right then and there. 

 

“Yeah, sure. I like your pajamas, they’re cute,” Mark commented as he was shown inside. How about me, though? Forget my dog and my pajamas, don’t I look cute?

 

“Oh, thanks,” Junior answered, blushing. “Why don’t you, uh, wait here? Mom! My, uh, my friend Mark is here!” he called before leaving Mark in the living room and rushing upstairs to throw on the first outfit he could see. He was down the stairs when he actually saw how he looked in the mirror place on the wall. Oh god, why did I have to wear plaid. But it was too late, as his mother had heard him come down the stairs. 

 

“Jinyoung, I’ve never met Mark before, you should have introduced him properly before running away like that! He’s such a gentleman, why can’t you be more like him?” his mother said, not even looking at Junior. “Sit down, Jinyoung. Mark, have you eaten yet? Let me get you something, Mark. I’m so glad that Jinyoung has made some new friends like you,” his mother cooed at Mark, before heading to the kitchen to get some food for the boys to eat. Junior could only look at the table in embarrassment, not sure how Mark would react to his mother.

 

“Haha, I like your mom, she’s really nice!” Mark said, laughing a little as he became more comfortable. 

 

"Really? She's not too, overbearing or anything?" Junior asked, feeling self conscious about everything. Even the lamp in the corner. Why is that lamp there, it's so ugly, Mark's going to think I have horrible taste or something else horrible, nooo. 

 

Before Junior could say anything more to make things awkward for them, his mother came bustling in with a tray of food. "Mark! You're so skinny, you should eat some more. Of course, Jinyoungie won't need to, he eats enough to feed a village, you should eat less, Jinyoung-ah, we're going to go broke from how much I spend on your food. But, you are a growing boy after all. I remember when you were still a baby, so short compared to everyone else your age,” his mother rambled, going on about Junior's life story as he slowly sank down in his seat before having had enough.

 

"Mark! We should totally go now, thanks mom, goodbye!" he said, standing suddenly as he grabbed Mark's hand and Jackie's leash, dragging them both as fast as he could out the door. 

 

"Oh! Okay, thank you for the food Ms. Park!" Mark called as he was pulled away. "So, to the park?"


Once they got there, both parties (or actually, just Jinyoung-Mark had been chill since the beginning) began to relax as they just had fun. Jinyoung didn't worry so much about his infatuation as  he watched Mark turn into an adorable dork as they ran after Jackie, playing fetch and whatnot. "Hey, do you want to go get ice-cream or something?" Mark asked as he ran up to Junior from behind. Never mind, the butterflies just got worse. How can somebody look so good with grass in their hair? So not fair. 

 

"Sure! Let's go," Jinyoung managed to say without stuttering so much this time. They walked towards the ice-cream shop. Jinyoung admired the beautiful scenery of the trees and crimson leaves of fall as they walked. Now it would be just perfect if Mark would hold my hand.

 

"Here, you can wait out here while I go inside and get us some ice-cream so Jackie doesn't have to be alone," Mark said. 

 

Junior giggled a little before replying, "That's okay, I'll go in. I'm sure I look more presentable than you at least." 

 

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean!" Mark whined, pouting. Oh my god I hope he doesn't see my blush. But I can’t help it, he just looks too cute when he’s pouting.

 

"It means that you have grass in your hair. What flavour?" Jinyoung asked, already making his way to the door. 

 

"Oh. Just get me whatever you get!" Mark answered, reaching up to brush his hand through his hair.  

 

After Junior returned, they sat at an outdoor table, Jackie at their feet. As they ate their ice-cream, they started to ask some questions, and got to know each other better. Jinyoung was only falling harder for them Mark as the conversation continued. Oh my god, why doesn't he talk more, his voice is heavenly. 

 

“JInyoung?” Mark asked. Junior was pulled out of his daydreams by a hand being waved in his face.

 

“Oh! Yeah, of course!” he said quickly, not wanting his crush to think he hadn’t been paying attention to him, no, of course not. 

 

“Junior, I asked you what time it was,” Mark prompted, trying to hold back his laughter at Jinyoung’s confused state. “It looks like it’s getting kind of late, we should get you back home, before you get lost again or something,” he teased, finding himself attracted to Jinyoung’s little blushes. 

 

“Oh, yeah, that’s true,” Junior agreed, nodding his head. On the inside, however, he would rather not have to leave Mark’s presence just yet. Oh my goodness, I sound like such a sap, this could be a teen romance novel, get a grip on yourself!

 

“I’ll walk you home! Don’t want you wandering the whole city on accident,” Mark said, getting up to throw away their trash. Jinyoung soon followed, grabbing Jackie’s leash. 

 

It was silent as they walked home, and although the previous day, Jinyoung would have been unnerved with the lack of conversation, he now found himself comfortable just walking along next to Mark. They had reached Jinyoung’s front door, when he decided he had to make a move, or else he would end up living his life too shy to make a move on Mark.

 

“H-hey, M-mark,” he stuttered out, his nerves making the butterflies in his stomach suddenly double in size. 

 

“Yeah?” he answered absentmindedly, Jackie’s fur.

 

“Are you-uh, are you from Tennessee?!” Jinyoung blurted. Oh my goodness you idiot, where did that even come from?

 

“No, I’m from LA-”

 

“BECAUSE YOU’RE THE ONLY TEN I SEE!” Jinyoung yelled, trying to rush out the pitiful joke before he could embarrass himself further. 

 

“Oh. Oh,” Mark said. He stood there for a moment before bursting into a round of giggles.

 

“What- what’s so funny?” Junior muttered, upset that his whole plan had failed because he was such and awkward being.

 

“If you wanted me to kiss you, you could have just said so,” Mark said before leaning over and pecking Junior on the lips. “I’ll see you at school tomorrow!” he called over his shoulder as he walked (skipped) away.

 

“I- wait, what?! No, no, that was so anti-climatic, it’s supposed to be a burst of fireworks or something, nooo, what a lame first kiss,” Junior whined, finding himself annoyed at Mark’s retreating form. He was still pouting about how short his first kiss had been, he didn’t even remember how it felt, none of that “His lips were as soft as some soft ” just “He kissed me and then he ran away.” Oh wait, he ran away! Was it because he decided he didn’t like me? Uhg, what the hell is this even supposed to mean anymore! Who knows. Not me. 

 

“Oh, Jinyoung-ah! You’re back, get washed up and then come down for dinner. Quickly, or the food’s going to get cold,” his mother called to him as he made his way up the stairs. 

 

“No, thanks. I’m not hungry,” he said as he walked up the stairs, stomping a bit on every other step. 


“Don’t be silly, you’re always hungry. Don’t forget to let Jackie off her leash before you go up! Jinyoung, listen to me when I’m talking to you or you really won’t get dinner,” his mom scolded, although really she was laughing to herself about how obvious her son was with his feelings. 

 

“Yeah, whatever,” he responded before leaving to his room and slamming the door shut. It didn’t have much of an impact, though, as he was soon back out. “Even my stomach has betrayed me,” he moaned.

 

“Don’t be so upset, Jinyoung. Mark really did seem to like you when I was talking to him this morning, I’m sure he’s just shy,” Junior’s mother said to him as she watched him mope.

 

“Wh- what are you talking about! No, I do not like him!” Junior sputtered, annoyed that everybody seemed to know about his “secret” crush. Not being able to do anything as his mother continued to try to give him advice on his love life, he opted to swallow everything within arm’s reach as fast as he could before running back up the stairs. 

 

Getting ready for bed, he was still mopey, but he was able to go to sleep (to dreams of Mark and him kissing-really kissing, and not just a peck) with a small smile upon his face after checking his phone.


From: Unknown Number

Tbh, Bambam told me a while ago that you have a crush on me. I also heard your pun the other day, it was cute. Here’s one for tonight: What do you call it when you dream in color? A pigment of your imagination! Hope you dream of people with red hair!

-Mark

 

Oh my goodness, that ing Bambam kid, I swear, I will kill him.