Part III:: Blue Streak: my beyond & above A+

My A+
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I have cut the latest updated chapters into 2 parts, the first part is in Chapter 2! So make sure to read chapter 2 first before reading this chapter! It is like double updates but not really :')

 

 

* * * * * * *

 

 

 

I can never be like her….

And I can never like her….

And I would rather not knowing her…. Like how I always pretended to.

Because if I knew her……

 

Hyukjae came back from his teaching one day, after parking his car safely in his penthouse lot. He walked toward the elevator located in the area only to stop himself as he recognized a very familiar person rushing from the elevator’s door.

He wanted to call out his name but for some reason, he didn’t know why he decided not to, as he instead paid attention to the phone conversation the younger was probably on.

 

 

“Where are you?”

 

He heard Donghae asked to the person on the other line.

And Hyukjae already had the slightest idea of who the person on the other line was already.

 

So you called her?

 

“Come back~ wait for me….,”

 

Donghae’s voice sounded desperate. At the same time, Hyukjae’s heart broke into pieces again.

He supposed maybe this was finally the times thing between them would be done again.

Still he brought his feet to follow the younger.

 

He saw Donghae rushed out of the building exit and approached the nearest bus station.

He saw it all.

He saw how the bus at the station was about to leave and Donghae ran after the bus but to no succeed.

He saw how Donghae then slowly fell down because he was tripped down by the chair settings inside the station.

And he felt the anxiety rushed through his entire body. Because he wanted nothing but to pick the younger up the ground and helped the younger to walk back here with him.

 

But Hyukjae decided not to.

Because Donghae needed to learn to pick himself up after falling down.

If Donghae ran after the bus to see that person and got back together with that person, it was no longer his business.

Donghae needed to learn to pick himself up.

Just like Hyukjae, he thought he needed to learn to pick up all the broken pieces and puzzled it back together before it broke even more.

 

But his heart still ached seeing how Donghae sprained his ankles and walked painfully back toward the elevator door. Donghae’s phone was still holding on the phone tight. And Hyukjae wanted to cry.

Because he knew that when they broke up, Donghae didn’t even bother running to look for him.

It hurt.

But the fact that the number of floor indicating on the elevator showed that it was his penthouse’s floor, Hyukjae felt relief again and he hated himself for still not be able to let go of this hopeless relationship.

 

And he hid himself and waited about 1 hour before getting back inside his penthouse.

 

 

* * * * * * *

 

 

“I sprained my ankle,” later that night, Donghae whined with a pout to Hyukjae. The older felt his heart sank as he pretended not to know how it happened and just inspected the ankle and the foot of the younger diligently.

 

“Does it still hurt?” He gently raised the younger’s foot as he started to do soft massage and ran off to get a treatment cream.

 

Donghae nodded his head, “I don’t think I can even walk properly.”

 

“I’ll apply this cream and hopefully it’ll get better when you wake up the next day, but from the look of its, it really seems bad. We need to go to hospital to check tomorrow, okay?”

 

and Donghae just simply sat there and silently watched how Hyukjae carefully put the cream on him.

 

“What about school works?” Donghae suddenly asked as he remembered.

 

“I will have Kyuhyun covers for me.”

 

And suddenly, in Donghae’s head, all those words came rushing back,

 

“Hyukjae is an A+ package, never let him go…”- Donghwa

 

“Hyukjae hyung loves you a lot…” – Kyuhyun

 

“Seriously, that guy! He is insane, he is mad! Because I don’t think you’ll ever find anyone that still as stupid as him to take back his ex that has hurt him back to his house and all that. He is an A+, if you don’t take care of what you have, and you lost it, you’ll just gonna regret it! And I won’t forgive you.” – Siwon

 

“You won’t ask me why or how I got my ankle sprained?” the younger suddenly asked again and let his gaze stayed on Hyukjae.

 

He was expecting Hyukjae to question so he wouldn’t have to feel guilty but instead he heard how Hyukjae,

 

“Get some rest and we’ll check out how is your ankle by tomorrow, okay? And if it hurts, wake me up…,”

 

Leaving Donghae no choice but to simply agreed.

 

 

 

 

* * * * * * *

 

 

So who thought that simply sprained ankle could be this bad?

Because the next day, Donghae’s foots were completely swollen

And Donghae felt bad when he saw all the worries in Hyukjae’s eyes.

 

“You were up since early just to inspect my ankles?”

 

but Hyukjae didn’t answer. Instead he helped the younger up,

 

“We need to go to the hospital, Hae…,”

 

And before Donghae could put his foots down,

Hyukjae already carried Donghae on his back and piggyback him all the ways till the parking lot.

As Donghae’s arms wrapped securely around his neck, murmuring random things because the pain of his ankle started to get to him, too.

 

 

 

 

“Hyukjae is an A+ package, never let him go…”- Donghwa

 

“Hyukjae hyung loves you a lot…” – Kyuhyun

 

“Seriously, that guy! He is insane, he is mad! Because I don’t think you’ll ever find anyone that still as stupid as him to take back his ex that has hurt him back to his house and all that. He is an A+, if you don’t take care of what you have, and you lost it, you’ll just gonna regret it! And I won’t forgive you.” – Siwon

 

 

 

 

 

* * * * * * *

 

 

 

“He would need a cast and it would take a few weeks to heal,” Dr. Park said after carefully did all the x-ray and observation.

 

“If he got his cast, would he able to walk like without pain?” Hyukjae asked afterward.

 

Dr. Park noted down something on his report file before looking up and honestly answered,

“The pain would come at times. And that, it might hurt him a lot.”

 

“is there any other way, Dr. Park? Like can we have a wheeling chair for at least a week or two until the pain subside and that he will be able to walk slowly without feeling the pain?” Hyukjae asked again.

 

Dr. Park gave a thought for a few seconds, “That would work, too! But he needed to walk and exercise his leg after 12 or 14 days, just so his legs muscle won’t numb, okay? Try one step at a time.”

 

“Thanks, Dr. Park.” Hyukjae bowed to the doctor, as the doctor mentioned,

 

“I’ll write him prescription as well. You can pick up from the nurse in the front desk. In the meantime, I’ll contact the other department to have the wheeling chair ready for our Donghae.”

 

“Wait here for a moment, okay? I’ll be back.” Hyukjae said softly, his voices still laced with worries. The younger though nodded at him in reassurance that he would be fine.

So Hyukjae reluctantly exited the patient’s room.

 

Dr. Park, after contacted the department, he simply smiled at Donghae, who was still looking down at his foots that was wrapped by this big cast now.

 

So he cleared his throat to get the younger’s attention and it worked.

 

“So I guess you guys got back together?” Dr. Park said with a slight smile but in genuineness.

 

Donghae smiled brightly at the mention, he nodded, “I guess, but we still need to work everything out again…”

 

“Give him some times…but I can see him that he really cares for you, still. So don’t let him go again. Because that, Hyukjae Lee, there, he is an A+. If you let him go one more time, there will be another person that ready to snatch your A+ away from you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

* * * * * * *

 

 

 

 

“I hope you don’t mind me making decision for you in getting the chair. I just wanted you to feel comfortable getting around. Because a cast would just protect your leg but it might still bring pain if you walk around.” Hyukjae said as he helped accommodating the younger up back to their penthouse.

 

“I know you just wanted me good. So don’t worry, Hyukjae.” Donghae simply replied.

 

“Good!”

 

And when they got inside their living room, after making sure Donghae was secure in his chair, he kneeled down to floor and started to inspect the younger’s leg again.

 

“I hope it’ll get heal soon. It must be hurt. Let me know if you are in pain, okay? And you have to eat dinner before taking this medicine. I’ll go and get dinner ready.” Hyukjae said everything in one go.

 

Yet when he looked up, he didn’t expect this at all.

 

Donghae leaned close to him.

And for the first time, since forever, Hyukjae felt that pair of so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter