Waking Up

Asleep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I woke up.. Everything is so perfect.

 

 

 

I opened my eyes to the sound of a beeping machine beside me. The room was nothing but a box of white with a bench, a hospital bed, flickering lights and me. I stood up from my bed only to be yanked down by the tubes connected to me. Irritated, I yanked them all off and stepped my foot for the first time in almost two years. I don't need anything anymore but someone who could take me home.

I tried to yell my Dad and Mom's names but nothing came to me but a horrible croak. Stepping out of the room, I tried to find anyone who could help me. I'm still a little weak right now. But just as I see the hallways, I don't think anyone can help me because all I see now is nothing but a hall of flickering lights. Chills ran down my spine as I felt fear again. The whole place looked like some haunted hospital straight from a horror movie. I ran and ran with my heart beating so fast. I didn't stop until I reached the outside of the building. And when I turned around, a gasp escaped my mouth as I tried to muffle it with my hand. This doesn't look like a place who could save lives now.

The whole hospital was now crumbling down. Its walls weren't clean white as they should be and are now just cracked walls with vines crawling from any direction. The windows where broken and the lights flickered forever. Horrified, I tried to find anyone who can tell me what am I doing in that place. I need to see my family. My friends. Atleast anyone who knows me.

As I ran, I saw the sun shining bright red (And holy , why is the sun shining bright RED?!). The people looked like some models from a fashion show with dresses and suits looking like futuristic humanoids. I looked at myself, only to find myself looking so hideous with nothing but a year old hospital gown. Realizing my appearance, I raked my fingers to my short hair and tried to walk even when in bare feet.

People looked at me strangely. Haven't they seen a lost patient before? I bumped into a person, only to gasp for the second time because , his eyes are ing red orange! And I'm sure I know contact lens when I see one. I looked around only to be more horrified. Everyone had strange eye colors, even the ones in the billboards. Any color but not black.

As I see the environment more clearly, my eyes widened. Have I slept too much? The streets displayed virtual ads people walked on. People had lions, tigers and cubs as pets. The trees were higher as buildings and the plants weren't just green now with colors such as pink, blue, white and black. Cars flew (holy , cars flew!) And skateboards looked more awesome now that they lift off the ground. Glass walls weren't glass anymore for people can walk through them now. So much awesomeness occurred while I'm asleep. What year is it now?

I ran again, confused and scared of people looking at me. I currently don't know how I should live now that I don't know where to go. Aimlessly, I ran as everything I knew was changing in front of me.

"Ouch!" I was tripped by a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter