Places

If I lose myself

The buzzing sound of an alarm had the young female awaking rather unspectacularly from her slumber, hair sticking out in weird directions while she tried to take a gaze at the time through half lidded eyes. As anyone could probably tell by now, Song Jieun was no morning person. A grumble and the crumpling of sheets to be heard, she was back laying down, buried within the comfort of her warm blankets. "Young Miss? Young Miss?! You have to get ready for school. I have prepared your cup of coffee and breakfast for you." 

Of course she'd have her baby sitter assigned to get her ready for her first day at school, no matter if she was almost 18 or not. Another grumble and a clumsy movement and Jieun found herself on the ground, the so usually graceful and deadly teen stripped off all sense of direction and slyness. Jieun detested mornings. Only the out-sight of a warm cup of coffee made her get out of bed, lazily trotting her way down into the kitchen, for once finding her father sitting across from her. ".... Morning." She greeted in slurry speech, a hint of confusion laced within her words. "Good morning my angel!" Her father chirped in response, leaving the young female to give him a ridiculous stare as if he had grown a second head. Her father on the other hand found great amusement in her actions. "Hana called earlier. She said she was going to pick you up soon." A nod given in acknowledgement, Jieun took a seat across from her father, focusing her attention onto her breakfast.

Jung Hana. Perhaps one of the few people Jieun actually accepted the presence in her life of. "My lovely Jieunnie. You're almost 18 now and I still don't see you attempting to make any sort of friends with people aside from Hana. Even though you intent to start your life over, don't you believe you should make the best out of your time here? It's your last year after all. And regarding your goals-" "Dad. Can we not talk about this over breakfast please? I'm sleepy and grumpy. I don't WANT to make friends because all people are fake as . They don't want to be friends with me, they want to be friends with your reputation." Silence greeted her, making her raise her gaze from her breakfast to look into the thoughtful expression of her father, knowing he was feeling guilty once more. Jieun exhaled a heavy sigh. She should have kept closed. She didn't mean to make him upset. "Regarding my goals. They're set. I don't want your help, as much as I appreciate it. This is something I've decided for myself and nothing or no one can change my mind." Admiration mirrored the features of her father as the young woman stood up when she had finished her breakfast and went back upstairs to change and get ready for school. 

Admiration and sadness. 

 


 

Class 3F. A motionless gaze given to the sign by the door, Jieun could only exhale a heavy sigh as she made her way into the room, watching as everyone went instantly quiet when they laid their eyes upon her. The room was a mess. Chairs and tables turned and scattered across the room, students sitting atop of them rather than their chairs. The first row empty as always. Some things never change. Discarding the group of people with a simple title of her head, she went to take her first row seat by the window, actually being one of the few people in this class that wanted to graduate. She was top of the whole year and yet she was always degraded down to the diligent class. Why? For the reputation of her father as well as occasional little fights she had gotten herself into when one had mocked her about her career dreams as well as the reason behind them. Her gaze hardened slightly, at least until the voice of her teacher snapped her out of her daze. "Class? Class please sit down! We have a new student for this last year! His name is Bang Yongguk. Please welcome him with open arms! Please introduce yourself."

Usually, Jieun would not have given a damn about new students, but the name made her instantly turn her head, eyes widening slightly when his gaze met hers once more. A strange sensation tingling within her, she tried to remain calm, eyes narrowing just the slightest as if to usher him to look away. "My name is Bang Yongguk. I moved here recently. Please take care of me." A bow given, most of the girls seemed swooned while the boys remained unimpressed by the new guy.

"YOU!" A voice called from the back, her hand slamming down on the table with a death glare. It left Jieun unimpressed. "Shut up Yumi." "But-" Turning her eyes towards the female, her gaze spoke of stories the troublemaker surely would not like uncovered, given the fact Lee Yumi surely had stolen the bag in the first place from the male that had stolen it back. Aside from the fact that this was surely not her only committed crime. The girl went quiet but not without shooting a death glare towards the other female. Jieun discarded it with a roll of her eyes and went about her business, opening her notebook to get ready for class. "You can take a seat where ever you'd like, Yongguk-ah. The class will start right now! Everybody open your books on page 94..."

The shuffle of a chair across the floor beside her made her gaze up once more, raising a brow at the guy seemingly being her seat neighbour from now on. Presenting a gummy smile at the female, Jieun was left slightly taken aback, a snarl exhaled past her lips before she returned her attention back to class, ignoring his attempt at a greeting.

 


 

The cafeteria life was buzzing and Hana was energetically chatting away beside the usually quiet female while they made their way to their usual table. Along with two other females, named Han Sunhwa and Jeon Hyosung, they sat down, Jieun raising her hand in greeting before she went to pay attention to her food rather than the conversation going about. "Have you seen the new guy yet?! I can't believe he ended up in class F." Said the eldest, leaning closer to her friends so she wouldn't be all too audible. "He's a hottie! No wonder he easily found his way towards the table of the fantastic five." Added Sunhwa, her view on the table at mention, watching as Kim Himchan from class 3A patted the newcomer's back with a friendly grin on his lips. While the other girls kept chatting away about how interesting it was that he seemed to have gotten himself right into the upper class of people right on the first day, Jieun was left to observe them. 

To her it was clear that Himchan and Yongguk had known each other far longer than just a day. Choi Zelo from class 1D also seemed to have a sort of relation to the newcomer guy. The rest of the gang, Jung Daehyun and Yoo Youngjae from 2B and Moon Jongup from 1C seemed rather uninterested by the newcomer, not minding his presence though, seeing that he was apparently a friend of Himchan and Zelo.

"If you ask me, him and Himchan know each other." She butted in quietly, making the rest of the girls grow quiet in an instant. Everyone looked as if the end of the world had been announced, their attention immediately on the poor girl rather than the guys at mention earlier. 

"Are you okay?"

"Maybe we should take you to the nurse?"

"Do you have a fever?"

"What the hell?" She rose her voice a little, confused and irritated at the sudden attention and hands on her forehead. The three girls paused in their actions, looking at one another before back at the female. Hana was the one to speak out all of their thoughts, placing a hand on Jieun's shoulder. "Well... you never bother to participate in our conversations unless we ask you something directly. Nor do you bother to observe someone aside from us. It's odd to see you pick interest in someone else."

Feeling caught, Jieun plucked at her food with her chopsticks before letting a piece of beef disappear between her lips. "Well... maybe I'll make an exception this time."

Despite being interrogated by the girls, Jieun only smiled amused down at her food, eating comfortably. Just with another piece of beef disappearing between her lips, she looked up to find the guy at mention gazing right back at her, an equally curious and interested expression leaving her to smile at him for the first time. 

 

"Whispered tomorrow echo in my mind."

 

 


 

A/N: Second chapter up! This story is growing very nicely on me! I hope you enjoy it so far ^^ Comment are appreciated as always!