People

If I lose myself

Spring had come and with the days getting longer, school uniform skirts got shorter, leaving elders and erted classmates to ogle at their female students while they'd carelessly go about their day. Some say they provoke it, others argue it was their right to fight against the heat in their very own way, Jieun believed both had a point. As a female, no one would ever be safe, she knew as much but it wasn't like she'd ever have to worry about unwanted hands feeling along her alabaster skin or even daring to touch the fabric of her skirt, no matter how short it would be. Life seemed without meaning, without perspective, the only thing keeping her alive her foresight to possibly get out of this hell of a city and leave the country to start over. Living her own American Dream was her goal, away from all these shady figures lingering around her, away from the life her father tried so very hard to keep her safe from.

He was the kindest man alive but the deadliest as well. You have his trust, you would be granted an endless supply of generosity, care and protection. Do you betray it however, or dare to touch his beloved daughter- may god have mercy on your soul. She didn't blame him for a second. Didn't look to put the blame on his shoulders for her rather endangered existence. She had been brought up learning all kinds of traditional martial arts there was and was, for her delicate appear, surprisingly well capable of protecting herself.However, there was one thing not even her skills could protect her from.

Love.

So fate had its way with the lovely, young and independent lady as she found herself on her last day of vacation within the busting streets, finding more peace and harmony in walking towards her destination than taking the overstuffed bus. The additional exercise was always a welcomed gift to the woman that had no hurry and no stress in her life. Remain calm and find your inner peace had been one of her prior lessons no matter what exercise she had done, finding that with the right amount of calm and patience, the human mind was capable of doing the impossible. 

"Catch him! Someone hold the thief!"

Her head tilted slowly just in time for a guy to rush past her, a handbag catching her attention. A swift movement resulted to her holding on the strap that left the guy turning, meeting with her eye to eye.

 

"Out of all of the faces, you are the one next to me."

 

Calm exterior remaining in tact, her eyes widened only the slightest, her reaction in complete contrast to the male that had been captured by her. Irritation and panic written across his face, he tugged on the handbag, her iron grip not budging the slightest. "Stealing isn't a solution." "I'm rightfully taking back what's mine." Came the spit back reply which resulted to her letting go, not finding any reason to distrust the males words. Playing hero and working justice surely wasn't on her upper list of life goals either. Confusion written across his features, she had to let her lips widen into an amused grin at how easily he displayed his emotions. Finding it interesting for her to read him. His eyes spoke tales of misunderstandings and a pure heart and soul, a truly interesting male, especially in such a quarter. She assumed that whatever he had rightfully claimed back as his would perhaps get him into bad trouble if one were to uncover his identity.

"Thanks." He replied in a rush before dashing off once more, an item falling out of his pocket, clattering to the floor. His i-pod. How unique.

Picking the music player up, she flipped it over to recognize it as a customized model, a service provided if one were to purchase the object over the apple shop directly. "Bang Yongguk..." She read the name out loud, a second later the panting breath of a woman reaching her location catching her attention. Turning with her gaze rising, she stored the item away swiftly, raising a brow at the person she saw. "Now look who we have here."

"Do not smart talk me, Song Jieun. You saw the guy, didn't you?!" "I don't know what you're talking about but whatever it is, I'm sure you deserved it, Lee Yumi." She spat, shoulder purposely bumping into hers as she made her exit, now very much convinced the boy called Bang Yongguk had rightfully claimed whatever had been his.

 


 

Returning home, she was greeted by eerie silence, a common sight for the young female. She long stopped bothering to call attention to her arrival, knowing her father and the maids were most likely serving business partners his father was hospitalizing. A sigh escaping her lips, she quietly made her way within the comfort of her room, leaving herself to fall back into her desk chair, spinning from left to right as she brought the recently found object within her field of vision. "Bang Yongguk..."

Shaking her head, she surely didn't intend to ever see him again. A quick research would most likely do her best or she might as well assign the task to a maid. Leaving the ipod on the side of her desk, she pulled her laptop open with the intend to do some preparations for the beginning of her last year tomorrow, her attention only spotty on the tasks before her. Again and again her gaze returned to the red coloured piece of technology, palm supporting her chin as she rested her elbow on the table. 

A finger uncurling the headphones from the object, she rose a brow, wondering if she should give his music a try. Her insatiable curiousity winning in the end, she soon plugged the object into her speakers and pressed random play, finding herself quite taken aback by his choice of music.

She had expected hip hop, rock, metal even but to find the gentle tunes of a piano, so sad and melancholic, greeting her after she had pressed play, she was left interested in the male once more. And that when she only had one more year to go before leaving the hell house called Seoul. She could possibly not let herself engage in a risky romance, now that she was so close to her goal.

Or could she?

 


 

A/N: Lee Yumi is a random OC name that I came up with. I don't plan to bring up any other characters outside of the TS family. I hope you enjoyed this chapter =) Comments are welcome~