Chapter 14

Racer Nana vs Chef Chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything happened for a reason, she knew it and she realized it but one thing to know, karma is a . If this was karma for her, should she say that she was ungrateful for it? Or should she say that she was grateful for it? Nana sighed in confusion, leaning her head on the seat while glancing at him, he who was looking at the road calmly but she noticed the dark eyes of him, full of sadness. It was because of her, her sharp mouth and because of the accident which she assumed it might be the part of his sadness. He was still silent, focusing his eyes on the road while slowly driving his black jeep.

“Where are we going?” She confidently asking it, waiting for him to answer it but Chanyeol was silence, which she pouted after that but still, she was trying to grab his attention on her. After all, she owed him something- to apologize but her slow working brain and did not work properly at that time, instead, she too, just keep silent when he pushed her to his black jeep before. But waiting for him to talk, it was like forever as he did not even talk a word for thirty minutes which she found it was suffocated. But suit her right!

Their journey ended in one hour, well, in silent as well. Only the DJ in the radio got to speak at that moment, if the radio could speak, then it would curse both of them, telling them to at least response to the DJ’s babbling. Nana roamed her eyes to the view, the right after she saw the view; she knew that she already got an answer for her own question. She knew where they were.

The jeep stopped and he parked below a big tree. Chanyeol hopped off first, left her alone to decide whether she wanted to come with him or not, meanwhile he waited outside, calmly leaned on the jeep’s door. As the clock ticked, he locked his gaze at her. Might be grown tired of waited for her, he came to her door side and opened the door for her. Nana played with her fingers, before slowly stepped out of the car when he unbuckled the seatbelt for her. Well, she flustered upon that action. After all, she still liked him, might be more than before.

“Let’s go.” He slammed the jeep’s door and took her left hand with him, pulled her towards the small alley- not exactly like an alley but it looked like a small road and it just could be walk by two people.

“And why are we here?”Nana wondered what he had up his sleeves, what he planned again, Nana yanked off her hand when he silent, tried to walk away from him but he caught her with both of his arms, making Nana crashed onto him. Since he was taller than her, Nana looked up to glare at him but gulped her saliva shortly after, he looked gloomy once again.

“I want you to meet with someone. It’s now or never… and once we done, I promise to leave you alone” There was a trace of sadness in his voice, Nana froze, did not know what to do. She lowered her head, she knew who was that ‘someone’. She knew very well. Nana stole a glance at him, contemplated whether she was ready to face everything or not, whether she was ready for the outcomes, whether she would be fine to know what he’d in his mind. She could meet that ‘someone’ if he wanted her to do it because right at that moment, he was matter, she did not really matter. All of her past agony should not be matter, she would be fine, and she really was.

But, Nana looked up at him, his last promise… she should be fine with it but why she felt something different upon heard it. If they were done, was he going to follow his own promise, would he going to leave her alone?

Nana stood still when he sighed. She was stuck, felt very dump, felt like she could not choose.

“I’m ready to meet her; honestly I’m ready for it. But… but I-I’m not ready to lose you once we’d done meeting her.” She jutted her lower lip as he widened his eyes, mouth hanging. Well, of course he was surprised. She too, surprised over her own confession. Just why saying what was in her mind at that moment? Nana covered right after, well, it was too late though.

He did not say anything, instead turned around, flashed his back for her and slowly walked away towards the small hill ahead of the small road. Nana followed him right after while lowered her head. Was this the real feeling of being rejected? He did not answer her but his action makes she felt that she already being dumped. Might be… because of before. Nana slapped lightly after that; this mouth should have done better. Well, if she heard it from others, she would crash them alive though. Very insensitive!

She stopped walking, and turned around, walked towards the entrance, ready to leave there. There was no meaning for her to follow him anyway. Even she was ready to meet her, he would leave her anyway. No satisfaction outcomes, just his own satisfaction as he planned, like he already had in his sleeves.

 

I can’t…

I won’t…

I can’t see the good result out of it…

Like he said, past is past, so I’ll pretend that this past is bearable for me. I’ll pretend that I didn’t even meet him before.

But why does it hurt so much when he said he will leave me? Why does it hurt when he turns his back at me, when he walks away?

I like him, yes. But… I even like Hanbyul though. The liking feeling is common for me. This isn’t like, this is something else. This is…

No, no, no. It can’t be true.

 

Nana gasped when someone caught her hand from behind, stopped her from made her way to the entrance.

“You come here with me, so you have to go back home with me. Don’t you dare… turning your back when we’re already here.”

“What’s the point?” She asked then, closed her eyes at the same time. It was silent again, short after. “To be very honest, ever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter