What happened?

Love You Like You

Chapter 2

The next morning, she woke up early and prepared sandwiches for their breakfast. As expected, the first one to wake was Sungjong. He walked in his casual outfit to the kitchen. Hyun Ae did not realize that the maknae was behind her until he started to speak.

      “Morning Hyun Ae-ah. What are you making?” Surprised, she turned around only to find out that Sungjong's face was only a few centimeters away from her. Dumbfounded, they stood still until someone came in.

       “Sungjong-ah, can I…” They quickly realized and stepped backwards. L was standing in front of them awkwardly and then turned away to his room.

      “I’m sorry Hyun Ae-ah. I didn’t mean it.”

     “It’s okay. Come. The breakfast is ready. I’ll call the others.”

      The atmosphere at the table was so weird. Hyun Ae excused herself to do the laundry. She didn’t feel anything about the incident but she’s worried that L misunderstood the situation. She did not know why but she didn't want L to misunderstand anything.

     They were leaving the apartment one by one. L was the last one to leave so Hyun Ae grabbed the chance to talk to him. “L-shi, about this morning..nothing happened. It’s just that he.. he was standing so close so I was so surprised and.. and..”

      “I don’t care.”

Pang! It hurts. She felt a sting pain in her heart. How can a person be so cold like that?

She continued her work after she played the song from her playlist. Today playlist was her second playlist. The first song started. She sang along with the song.

Aju ore jon..noreul boadton geu neukkimeul giokhe nan..

Noreul aratdon..nareul aratdon geu sijori senggangna..

Noreul dalmgo sipdon..oulligo sipdon ganjorhetdon siganeul..

Nan dasi senggakha..da jinagan..hannat chuok ppunin-gol..

 

She always listened to Can You Smile by Infinite whenever she's upset. That song helped her to calm her feeling.

                                                                                             

Am I too harsh?

He can’t forget her face. He can see that she was hurting inside her eyes. He did not know why but what happened this morning gave him a weird feeling. L can’t focus for their practice today so Sunggyu gave them 30 minutes break before resuming the practice.

       “Myungsoo-ah, what’s wrong? Do you have any problem? You know you can tell me right?”

      “Uh, Sunggyu hyung. It’s nothing. I’m sorry I troubled you and the others. I’ll pay more attention after this hyung.”

       “You know that is not what matter right now. I hate seeing my dongsaeng keeping their problem alone. I’m always here for you.” He started to walk away when Myungsoo called him softly.

      “Erm, hyung. Can I ask you something?”

Smiling, Sunggyu walked towards the younger. He sat beside him, preparing himself to hear him out. “What is it?”

       “How do we make up with girl when we hurt her?” Myungsoo asked naively.

The older one just smiled and calmly asked him. “Are you dating with anyone right now? Why don’t you tell me? Who is it? What have you done to her?”

      “I’m not dating. It’s just she tried to explain some misunderstanding but I said I don’t care. It seems a bit harsh to her. Don’t you think so hyung?”

       “Myungsoo, she tried to explain means she cares. She doesn’t want any misunderstanding between you. It did sound harsh. Why don’t you apologize to her and tell her that you do clearly understand the situation. What is the situation actually?”

       “I saw her too close with other man that seems like they will kiss anytime.” Myungsoo says while looking at his hand on his lap.

       “Hahaha.. You are in love stupid. Who is that lucky girl huh? I want to meet her.”

      “No hyung. I’m not. Don’t tell anyone about this okay hyung. I trust you.”

Am I in love with her? No. It’s impossible. I admit it. I do adore her but I don’t think I fall in love with her yet. He tries to focus for the practice and this time it is better than before. But still, Hyun  Ae is lingering in his mind.