Just Fictional? - Chapter 1

Just Fictional?

It's the time of the season where the Lee Hyukjae is close to the innocent Kim Ryeowook, and when I say close, they're together all the time like literally glued to each other – and no one can separate them. Surprisingly, there are times like these that happen every once in a while.

For instance, after dinner, Ryeowook is always the one assigned to wash the dishes. The members would eat on the eleventh floor, where half of the members stay. Hyukjae would wait for Ryeowook in the dining table, and they would talk for hours, while Ryeowook is washing the dishes. Sometimes, Hyukjae helps, but this time, he decided to bring his laptop in the dining table while waiting for the younger guy. The other twelfth floor occupants would have left by then.

Ryeowook was on the verge of finishing his chore, when Hyukjae changed the topic of their current conversation.

"Wookie, have you read fanfics?" He asked, his eyes staring at his laptop screen, on a certain fan fiction site.

"Nope," The busy Ryeowook answered, finishing off the last plate. "But I've heard of them."

"Then let me introduce you to the world of fan fiction!" He said, his eyes gleaming as he looked at his dongsaeng.

"I'm not really interested, hyung." Ryeowook said, wiping his hands on a towel after placing the plate on its usual place, and walked towards Hyukjae.

"You should be," He said, pulling the chair beside him for Ryeowook to sit on. "…since you're included in some."

"I am?" Ryeowook asked innocently, sitting down beside his hyung. "What am I doing there?"

"For instance..." He moved the laptop for Ryeowook's better view and showed him a page of a story. "…my best friend."

"Really?" The eternal maknae's eyes flickered with interest now. "That's so cool! But hyung, aren't fanfics written in English? How can you read them?"

Hyukjae pushed Ryeowook's head to the side gently. "I use Google Translate."

"Figures," Ryeowook chuckled as he leaned on his hyung's shoulder. He looked at the screen and read the text on the story. "Oh, it's Eunhae!"

"Aren't you too happy?" Hyukjae said, smiling wide. "Fans like to write about us as a couple."

"And you're okay with it?" Ryeowook looked at the older man.

Hyukjae just smiled, but didn't say anything.

"Of course you're okay with it," Ryeowook laughed. "Ah, I'm a huge Eunhae fan myself."

"Then you must write a fanfic about us." Hyukjae said, messing up his dongsaeng's hair.

"Maybe I should," Ryeowook agreed, thinking of a plot already.

"You think of that later." Hyukjae said, reading his thoughts. "Do you want to know who you're paired with?"

"Who wouldn't want to know?" Ryeowook asked back.

Hyukjae just shrugged and typed Ryeowook's name on the search box. Several links popped out.

"Ah, Yewook, of course." Hyukjae grinned, as the results showed up.

"So they do write about us," Ryeowook muttered as he looked at the list. "I thought SM just wanted us to do fan service for nothing."

"The fans don't think it's fan service, Wookie." Hyukjae smirked, as he right-clicked a link to a new tab, and resumed on the original tab. "They think it's something real."

"They're overthinking," Ryeowook defended.

"But from my point of view, it is real." Hyukjae said, giggling. "I'm a Yewook fan, Wookie."

"Shut up," Ryeowook said, changing the topic. "What else is there?"

"Ah, here's Kyuwook." Hyukjae said.

"Kyuwook?" Ryeowook thought for a moment. "Kyu... Ah, Kyuhyunnie. What would they write about us?"

"Fans think your moments with Kyuhyun are all backstage, and it's actually a good thing, because it means that it's just natural, not a fan service thing." Hyukjae explained.

Ryeowook's eyes widened at that statement. "But we're just friends! Close friends!"

Hyukjae just hummed teasingly and scrolled down. "Mhm... Minwook is also popular these days."

"Minwook?" Ryeowook said. "Min... Minho?"

"Sungmin, you idiot." Hyukjae pushed the head of his dongsaeng again. "You kissed a few times already, and you don't know that you have a pairing?"

"The kisses were accidental, okay?! And what would they write about us?!" Ryeowook exclaimed, frustrated. He is not gay, and he knows it. "Who is the girl?"

"Of course, the girl is always you." Hyukjae laughed. "Even in our stories, you're the girl."

"What do you mean by 'our'?!" Ryeowook exclaimed. "Do we also have a pairing? We don't even display skinship too much!"

"You don't want it?" Hyukjae laughed.

"Who wants to be a girl?!' Ryeowook said.

"I think it's okay," Hyukjae said. "There are other Eunhae stories that I'm the girl, too."

"That's because you're paired with your Donghae." Ryeowook said.

"So, you mean you don't want to be paired with Yesung." Hyukjae smirked at the younger man.

"Of course I do!" Ryeowook shouted. But as soon as he realized what he said, his eyes widened. "...not!"

Hyukjae chuckled. "I knew it,"

"No! No! No!" Ryeowook took his hyung's face in between his hands. "That’s not it!"

"Oh, but I thought you do not want to be paired with Yesung." Hyukjae went on teasingly.

"Hyung!" Ryeowook shouted as he squished Hyukjae's face.

Suddenly, someone entered the kitchen, and the two boys turned to look at the surprise guest.

"I'm... sorry for interrupting." Yesung awkwardly said as he went for a cup of water.

Ryeowook immediately released his hold on Hyukjae's face, who was smiling idiotically at that moment.

"Hyung, it's not what you think." Ryeowook shyly said.

"It is what you think, Jongwoonie~!" Hyukjae said happily. Ryeowook spanked his shoulder for that.

"I'm not interested on what you two are doing, Hyukjae. Shut up." Yesung said, placing the cup on the sink.

"Yes, you are!" Hyukjae insisted.

"Hyung..." Ryeowook tried to stop Hyukjae but to no avail.

"Did someone just say something, Wookie?" Yesung turned to Ryeowook when he was about to leave. "We're the only ones on this room, right?"

"I'm here, Kim Jongwoon!" Hyukjae said. "Don't even think of running away. Are you forgetting that I'm your roommate?"

"Is that the wind?" Yesung asked Ryeowook when he was near the exit. "It should be."

"Hey!" Hyukjae yelled when Yesung got away.

"You...!" Ryeowook pointed at Hyukjae when Yesung was out of hearing range. "You, really...!"

"I'm what? Cute? Handsome? Perfect? The best dancer?" Hyukjae finished the sentence for him as he laughed.

"You're annoying!" Ryeowook finally said, giving his hyung his deadliest glare. "Irritating. I hate you."

"I hate you too," Hyukjaey leaned forward and gave a peck on Ryeowook's cheek.

"Hey!” Ryeowook widened his eyes as he rubbed the spot where Hyukjae kissed him. "Ew! Yuck! Gross!"

"I know you love me," Hyukjae his lips as he pointed at the screen. "Let's read this Yewook story!"

"How about… no?" Ryeowook tried to stand up but Hyukjae just pulled him to his seat.

"You are going to read this with me." Hyukjae said. "I have to make you read this."

"Why?!" Ryeowook protested.

"Because..." Hyukjae said. "You love me."

"Yeah, I do," Ryeowook said sarcastically, but nevertheless, sat beside his hyung and looked at the screen.

Hyukjae giggled as the two started to read the fanfic.

"Oh my, Yesung likes me?!" Ryeowook yelled after a few minutes. "Oh my god,"

For the next minutes, Ryeowook was really engrossed with the story. Hyukjae just sighed at his friend. Ryeowook now feels what he feels when he reads fanfics. Sometimes, it was just so real that Hyukjae thinks it is true. He may be having feelings for his best friend, Lee Donghae, but it is just impossible because he is a guy. But... as Darren Criss said, fall in love with the person, not the gender.

So the fanfic revolves around Yesung who is actually in love with Ryeowook ever since they met. Yesung shows signs of being in love by being shy around Ryeowook, actually being awkward when they're alone, and being angry when someone is very close to his crush. Fictional Ryeowook doesn't even know his hyung's feelings for him and lives life innocently and happily.

Hyukjae knows that this is the actual thing that is going on in the real life, and that's why he chose this fanfic to show to his dongsaeng. Being Yesung's roommate, he knows some things that other people don’t know – and for one example, Yesung's undeniable feelings for Ryeowook.

After an hour, the two were still reading silently, with the occasional side comments of Ryeowook.

"Hyukkie hyung, he is not doing this." Ryeowook exclaimed, as they were on the second to the last chapter. "You can't to do this to me, Yesung!"

Hyukjae was already sleepy, but he was still observing Ryeowook's reactions. He is a Yewook fan, alright. He will do his best to make these two love birds know their feelings for each other.

"Yesung-ah..." Ryeowook murmured, a tear escaping his eye. The story was finally finished, and Yewook is finally happily together.

"Are you crying?" Hyukjae asked sleepily, yawning. "Is it that good?"

"It is good." Ryeowook said, wiping his tears away. "We're really meant for each other."

"Mhm," Hyukjae smiled at Ryeowook's words, but didn't want to contradict the young man. He didn't want him to take back his words. He leaned forward and helped wipe Ryeowook's tears. "Don't cry."

"Hyung..." Ryeowook called out, hugging his hyung.

"Don't cry anymore," Hyukjae spoke out sooting words as he rubbed Ryeowook's back. "It's a happy ending, why are you cryng?"

"Because they went through many things... Yesung went through many things just to get me, and I... I feel kind of guilty." Ryeowook said.

"It's okay..." Hyukjae said. "He'll understand."

"I hope so, hyung..." Ryeowook managed, sobbing.


brr ;-;

PS. Why does Eunhyuk know so much about fanfics? Idk =)) Maybe I just got inspiration from this UFO reply~

Fan: Oppa watching again?

Eunhyuk: ELFs reading fanfics again?

lololol hyuk ._.