Jiyong: Happy Birthday

The Bundle of One Shots

A/N: Naturally dedicated to my beauteous unnie, May :3

 

                               

May parked her car in her lot place and turned off the engine. She glanced at the time and saw it was barely 5 in the evening. She sat there in her car deep in thought. It was her birthday today, and although she always enjoyed that initial rush she got when the clock strikes midnight every year, she couldn’t help feeling bitter about aging. Taking a deep sigh she decided she had stayed in her car far too long. She was off early from work, for once, and certainly wasn’t going to spend the rest of her day moping. She started walking to her house with her coat in her hand. It was surprisingly warm for being this close to winter. Maybe she would get that walk she kept putting off. It wasn’t like she had much planned. She mentally shrugged and figured she could always annoy her dongsaeng on kakao. She chuckled at that thought. The girl was never annoyed, if anything she seemed to forever be glued to her phone and usually responded back cheerfully in a moment’s notice. She would be thrilled at the chance to bombard her May-unnie with questions about her unnie’s birthday. The girl certainly seemed enthusiastic about the day, considering it wasn’t even her birthday. May reckoned kakaoing the younger would certainly waste a good two hours until dinner time.

May reached her doorstep just as she finished that thought. Wasting no time she walked into her home as was about to throw her purse on the couch when a figure caught her eye. Frozen mid-step in her living room was her boyfriend Kwon Jiyong, also known to some as the face of Korea, G-dragon.

“You came home early.” He stated collecting himself and staring at the ground in embarrassment. She was so shocked to see him she completely overlooked the mess of half-done decorations that littered her house.

“What… You… You said you we’re… busy?” She stuttered shaking her head in disbelief. He looked up at her and his mouth twitched on one side into a smile. He walked up to her, clearly amused by her bewilderment, and kissed her forehead softly while embracing her in a huge hug and rocking her back and forth.

“And miss my best girl’s birthday? Baby I’m never too busy for you.” He scolded her. She giggled into her man’s chest at his cheesiness and then lifted her head to take in his appearance. He had part of a streamer tangled in his messy hair, which thank god he had finally gotten rid of those ridiculous curls. She lifted her hand and ran it through his soft locks. His hair was growing out and no doubt in a matter of months it would be changed to some wild color and style. There were small globs of brown frosting that was obviously frosting from a cake. She torn her gaze from his perfect face and he watched as she glanced around their surrounds for cake and then slightly frowning as she didn’t find any trace of one. He chuckled and quickly dipped his head to give her a peck on the lips. He his lips and then bit his bottom lip slightly when she blushed and pushed him away from her with a glare. He chuckled again and started to retreat backwards but never let his eyes leave hers. He backed all the way until he reached the table and swiftly grabbed the buddle of deep red roses veiled from view and hid them behind his back. As he re-approached her, she kept trying to see around him to what he was hiding. He simply kept side-stepping until they had completely switched sides by the time he reached her.

Crossing her arms, May rolled her eyes as she waited for him to reveal what he was hiding so diligently. He didn’t disappoint when he pulled the beautiful flowers in front of his face. May’s jawed dropped and her hands flew to . She was trying very hard not to have tears fill her eyes and turned around so she could control her emotions better.

Jiyong simply reached around her and engulfed her in another hug. He kissed her hair and her ears multiple times before he brushed his lips on her neck and shoulder while resting his chin there. He hummed soft tunes in hear ear until she turned around back towards him and went on her tiptoes to burrow her face in the crock of his neck. She murmured “thank you” over and over again.

“I haven’t even gotten to the best part.” Jiyong complained with a laugh. She smiled and released him. Taking a step backwards she took the flowers begun rubbing her eyes with the other hand. He stepped forward and pulled her hands away from her, earning him a look of confusion and a slight shade of pink across her cheeks. He leaned forward, slowly, and grinned when her eyes started to flutter close. Right before he claimed her lips he altered his path and instead placed two soft kisses, one on each eyelid before leaning back. May opened her eyes to his smile and if he had not been holding her, she would have melt into a puddle from the love in his eyes.

“Ready for our date?” Jiyong wigged his eyebrows as his smile transformed into a leer. May bit back a laugh as she watched her boyfriend change from her sweet Jiyong into his darker G-dragon side. His ability to switch personalities in a heartbeat would never cease to amazing her. The only time he went full blown Big Bang’s GD on her, or so she thought, in the few years that they’ve been dating was a month ago when he had called to cancel their plans for this specific day. To say she was disappointed was an understatement but now looking back at it with this surprise she was glad he tricked her. She nodded, eagerly awaiting the next surprise he had in store. His smile soften at her enthusiasm.

“God you’re beautiful.” His voice was breathy and again he stared in wonder of his lovely girlfriend. She tried hiding her head underneath her hair, cursing her decision to chop it to bob length. Of course this only made Jiyong laugh heartedly at her futile attempts. It was while she was brushing her hair into her face to hide herself that she noticed a white paper contrasting in the flowers. Forgetting all about her hair, she carefully plucked the note and read the small scribbles on it. She was vaguely aware of the man fidgeting like a child who has been sitting too long, two feet from her.

My Dearest May

You are more than just kind, beautiful and wise

There’s so much I could say

About your smile, your grace and those gorgeous brown eyes

Thank you for being mine

I shall treasure you until the end of time

May’s smile only grew bigger with every word, every corny line, every silly rhyme, and she loved it. Words could never describe the love she had for this man.

“Thank you.” She whispered it so softly that Jiyong thought he had imagined it. She looked up at him and this time there were no tears, just simple adoration. Not from just a fan, just some girl who thought they knew him, the emotions in her eyes were stunning, a whirlwind of colors that swept you of your feet and gave you the sweetest taste of heaven. It was the kind of emotion that one would dedicate their life to finding the words to describe it, and here it was, that kind of love, looking right at him. Not G-dragon, a Korean international musical genius. Not even Kwon Jiyong, the boy who grew up too fast to chase his dreams. That love was peering directly into him, to the depth of his soul at a broken lonely man who truly only longed to be seen, to be loved. Jiyong only hoped she knew how much he needed her. How this girl had come into his life and saved him from himself and showed him all the beauty in the world he had failed to see before.

What he didn’t realize was that May was thinking along the same lines, wondering how she had been so lucky to fallen in love, to be loved by such a wonderful man. See May didn’t really care about the roses or the poem or even songs he wrote for her. It was the feelings being them. The purpose for why he created them in the first place. Gifts were not what May wanted, they would never be. She wanted the emotions, the love. She wanted the man behind them. All she sincerely desired, was him.

They walked to each other in silence and he drew circles on her hand until she brought it to lay her face on it. They were content to say there but a buzzing of Jiyong’s phone interrupted their thoughts. It was the remind Jiyong had placed on his phone an hour before he’s arrive at May’s place around 1PM. He knew after almost 5 whole months of not seeing her, they, and mainly he, would get caught up and almost miss the movie he had planned for them. Months ago, when they’d first plan today together, she mentions how she wanted to see a movie but there were no good films that were to play until the next year in January. So he had taken the liberty of arranging a private screening of one of his bandmates, and best friend of 11 years, T.O.P’s newest movie, Tazza 2. Jiyong even got a professional translator to translate English subtitles so May wouldn’t have to overthink to understand the movie. Of course she was thrilled at the news and practically dragged Jiyong to the car. To her surprise he drove them to the nearest park, and they arrived right when the sun was setting. A huge screen and projector was already set up along with a blanket and a picnic basket. They covered themselves with a blanket and watched the sunset, chatting about the beauty of nature. As they watched the film, Jiyong poured them an expensive red wine and some chocolate croissants. May, was too distracted by the movie she overlooked how Jiyong was watching her and her reactions, instead of the movie.

By the end of the movie, May was clapping so hard her hands were turning red. Jiyong snickered and nonchalantly rested propped on his elbow, munching on his second croissant. She turned to him with a pout until she catch sight of a jewelry box next to his relaxed figure. Giving him her best “really” expression, she placed her hand out for the box. Jiyong glanced innocently from her outstretched hand to the box beside him with a croissant in his mouth. May tried her hardest not to crack and burst out into laughter before he eventually handed her the box. As she got it and opened it he sat up and quickly finished the rest of his snack.

“It’s from that quote you said you loved and sent me the other day.” His chest puffed out with pride.

A laugh finally escaped .

“Oh you mean the other day, as in three months ago?” She raised her eyebrow at him in question as he sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. The quote, was one that May saw constantly circulating around tumblr. It read “You are my sun, my moon, and all of my stars”. The necklace that was inside the box was a simple silver chain with two charms connected at the tips of a crescent moon and a full sun. Dangling from those charms were smaller threads with little stars attached. It was simple and elegant. She gave the necklace to him and then turned so her back was toward him. She lifted up her short hair and waited as he placed the necklace around her neck for her.

“It’s beautiful.” She smiled grazing it with her fingertips after he had secured it into place. The main charms laid just past her collarbones, while the little stared charms hung an inch below. The two of them laid there in the dark snuggling and talking for hours. Work, YG, the constellations, how he planned this all out, and most of all their future. Together of course, but they talked about anything and everything until May could barely keep her eyes open. Jiyong being the ever-loving boyfriend carried her back to the car, despite her protests and they made their way back to her house. She fought to keep her eyes open, but she was slowly losing. She didn’t want to sleep in fear of today being all a dream. In fear of the saddest she would pretend to hide when Jiyong had to return to South Korea to get back to making music and being G-dragon.

They both didn’t want this day to be over, but they knew better than to waste their precious moments together thinking of the hardships. The last thing May remembered before her head hit her pillows and she drifted off the sleep, was his murmurs of how he loved her and to sleep well. She though she also heard something about hiring Seungri to clean the mess in her house, but there was a warmness around her and his scent filling her nose lulling her to her slumbers.