Because I loved

For Whatever It Is To Be Us (L)

Is it because I loved him in the past that I seemed more vulnerable now? Thinking that we had a chance acting like nothing happened before. 

WHAT am I doing? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Shouldn't I be the one saying something first?" "You don't have to, just hear me out." 

I closed my eyes and took three deep breaths. "I hurt you and you hurt me. Isn't that the kind of closure you sought for?"

He lifted up my head and my eyes finally met his... I could see myself. I could see myself becoming that person again. Why? Why am I so attached to a man I gave everything to with nothing in return?

"Stop. Don't think." He wrapped his arms around me. "After all this time we've been away from each other, you still blame yourself... I have a lot to say, yet seeing you, I've completely forgot." 

I didn't know what to do at that point. I missed him. There were more happier memories than there were destructive ones. 
I missed this indecisive man. 

"Let's get out of here first, I don't want any rumors to come about..." I slipped on my purse as we walked down the stairs. 

I stopped and then I looked at him. He laughed as he stood against the wall. 

Right here, in this very spot, was where I left him.