The Accident

Heiress Chae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N: Just a reminder for this chapter, most of the scenes are about Dongwook. Let us know something about his reason why he hates Chaerin. Give me this chance to present the antagonist's side. Another note from me will be posted at the bottom. Enjoy reading! -leehamtaf]

"Oh my gosh the girl was hit!" "Is she going to make it to the hospital?"

"Excuse me!"

Siren wailing and people were gathering to see the girl who was hitten by the car. As the cops went to the car… the driver's gone. The perpetrator escaped.

As Krystal moved through the crowd, she saw the girl lying on the ground with blood all over her head. Krystal immediately left the crime scene and walked away. While walking on the streets of France, she halted when a tall silhouette blocked her way.

"I saw what you did earlier. You hit her." Krystal wiped her tears and raised her head. The guy looked at her eyes and continued, "You hit Chaerin. You're the one driving that car."

"I-I d-didn't m-mean it. I swear. I wasn't in myself." Krystal stuttered. She looked down and continued, "I didn't mean to hit her. J-jebal Dongwook. I-i'm sorry." As she looked up, Dongwook was already gone.

~

"Ya Krystal! Helloooooo!" Yuri yelled to Krystal who is not paying attention to their converstaion. Krystal snapped out from her reverie and looked at her friend.

"I'm sorry Ri. What is it again?"

"Oh God! You're not listening again. I said, the next board meeting's in 4 days. I expect that your company representative will cast your vote for Faith. Sica, I mean Jessica your sister, agreed to vote for her, right?"

Krystal took a sip in her frap as Yuri raised her eyebrows waiting for her to respond. Krystal swallowed what she was drinking and placed the frap on the table. "Of course."

Yuri didn't looked satisfied to her answer as her eyebrows are still raised and her expression didn't change. "Yeah. Of course. The Jungs will vote for Faith... for Chae. Don't worry." Krystal sighed and leaned on her table.

"There's something bothering you. What is it?"

"I'm just tired and... sleepy. That''s all."

"You want me to buy you coffee? Hmm. Kajja."

"Where are we going Ri?"

"I'm sending you home. Your sister might kill me if she'll know that we stressed you out, and I know your Kai won't even be glad about it. Kajja." Yuri smiled as she tries to cheer up her friend. Krystal smiled back and stood up.

"Oui. Let's go."

----

Few hours passed and still, Chaerin's staring at the locked scrapbook in front of her. There are too many questions running in her mind right now, too many questions waiting for some answers. Chaerin knows that the thing in front of her will give her the answer, but it is locked and she doesn't even remember something about the key.

"Damn it." Chaerin sweared ang then sighed. She relaxed her body, raised her head and closed her eyes. She wants to leave everything behind even just for this moment. She wants to slip away from reality.

Before she can take her nap, Chaerin's phone started to ring and she opened her eyes. She took the phone beside her and swiped the screen?

"Yes?"

"Faith! Oh Faith. I'm sorry Krystal and I can't visit you there. She's kind of sick." It's Yuri... and Soojung is sick. It is very unusual for her to be sick, she thought.

"Is she okay? I'll just---" Chaerin's tone was too obvious for Yuri to worry and cut her.

"Yes, she's doing better, and there's no way in hell that you're going here. You're also sick! Oh my God Faith! Oh God, my friends are sick. Wait there. I will---"

"Stay there with Jung. I'm fine. I'm just... tired and all. I just need some sleep and rest."

"Tired... sleepy. Yeah.That's what Krystal told me too but her temperature's rising. Are you sure you'll be okay there?" Yuri's never been worried like this either. Chaerin sighed and smiled, as if Yuri could see her.

"Don't worry about me. Soohyuk-oppa will be home to accompany me soon. Say me hi to Jung. Take care the both of you."

"Okay. Make sure to call if something happens. You take care too. Jalgayo."

Chaerin walked her way to her bed and lay down as soon as she reached it. She placed her phone and scrapbook to her bedside table and turned off the lampshade. She hugged her huge old Rilakkuma stuffed toy and closed her eyes. Chaerin began to sleep.

----

"What are you saying that you and Dahee are already quitting?! I heard it wrong, right?! You've got to be kidding me Hae-ah." Dongwook laughs sarcastically as he stares at the floor.

"N-no. I'm serious. I'm giving it up. I can't do this anymore."

Dongwook raised his head and their eyes locked. Dahae's eyes tell him that she's serious.

"You're doing this because of him, right? Because that son of a came back. Don't be a fool Dahae. It's just a ploy. They want to break the three of us." Dongwook said steadily. Dahae stood up from her seat and began to say things at him.

"Break us?! Are you listening? You are the one who destroyed us! You are the one who asked Ahbeoji to let Dahee away from Chaerin. You're the reason why I left Yoochun. You're the reason of all these things. Damn it Lee Dongwook! Can't you see it? You're depriving us our own happiness. You want us to be like you. Soohyuk used to be your best friend. You used to be nice to all people around you. You used to like Chaerin as your sibling and one day, you changed. I don't know who you are anymore." Dahee pulled up her tears and wiped her eyes. She started to walk and leave the room when Dongwook spoke, still looking down the floor. "You want t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter