Hate You

Heiress Chae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara hadn't sleep well since that call happened. It's been a long time since she had a real conversation with Dahee. She didn't expect that she will remember her after ten years. And now, she's asking Dara to see her. The last time they saw each other was during Lee-sajangnim's funeral, and she was so formal that day.

Dara would never forget Dahee. She's been there during her and Chaerin's ups and downs when they were in highschool. And now, history repeats itself again. Dahee called her last night for them to meet up today. Is she ready what Dahee is going to say?

Dara straightened her dress and fixed her collar. She breathed deeply and then pressed the door bell.

Ding dong.

After a few seconds, the door opened. Dahee smiled and welcomed her. "Bonjour. Come inside." Dara smiled back and stepped inside the condominium.

As Dara took a look on Dahee's living room, it much reminded her of their highschool days. Dara remembered how Dahee was obsessed on photography before, and it seems that it didn't change after all these years. There are photos of Dahee and Chaerin from highschool to college where the chubby Puddeong becomes the gorgeous CL. But two photos of Chaerin during college were like stolen shots. Are they not friends anymore at that time?

"That was during our college graduation. It was one of her happiest days so I don't want to miss a picture of her that day even from afar." Dahee smiled and arranged the picture frame.

"Did she never recognize who you are to her? I mean, during college?"

"Never. Not once. She already had the mindset of me being her enemy." Dahee sighed.

"And you're just okay with it?" Dara furrowed her eyebrows as she waits for her answer.

Dahee shrugged and handed the locked scrapbook to Dara. "I had no choice. Ahbeoji--- Lee-sajangnim told me that it is for her own sake."

Dara touched the scrapbook and continued to her queries, "Did you believe him, i mean Lee-sajangnim?"

"I know you believed in him too when he told you that she will be okay and come back. Real or not real?" Dahee made a short laugh and took her seat. "Sit down, I bought you a hot chocolate since I remembered that you don't drink coffee and Chae-ah scolds me when I buy you one before."

Dara smiled as she appreciated Dahee's concern for her. This girl has a strong memory. Dara wished that Chaerin was the same as her bestfriend too. Dara sat down on the sofa and sips the hot chocolate from the cup. "It is locked." Dara referred to the scrapbook.

"Of course it is locked. You know Chaerin, i mean the old Chaerin. She wants to keep it on her own. Besides, you're the one who bought it for us." Dahee takes her coffee and crossed her legs. "If you'll ask me if I have the key, well, i don't have it. She has it but she didn't remember."

"She didn't?"

Dahee placed her cup to the table and looked at her."I'm not sure if she did or did not. When she saw it and I asked her if she remembered who gave it to us, she said she didn't."

"But you know that she did. But, what is it exactly the reason you summoned me here?"

"Sandara-ssi, do you know what day is today?" Dahee's eyes darted to the calendar near the wall and Dara did the same. "Chaerin used to celebrate every monthsary and anniversary on her own when we are in France." Dahee noticed Dara who's sincerely listening to her and continued, "But she never knew what is she celebrating for. Do you know what I'm trying to tell you?"

And for the first time, Dara understood the girl in front of her. "Her heart remembers even her mind didn't."

"Exactly. And maybe today's the right time. Let's go." Dahee stood up.

"Where are we going?"

"To ChaeHyuk Industries. Bring that scrapbook. It might come in handy."

"A-are you sure?"

"When did I become unsure? Trust me. Let's go."

----

Today's November 17 and Chaerin went somewhere at Samcheong-dong to have lunch to celebrate this day though she does not remember yet the occasion every 17 to her. The meeting starts in an hour and she needs to be there before it starts. Chaerin hates those people who are late, so she needs also to be early. As she buckled her seatbelt, her phone made a sound.

Clank.

As she swiped her screen, she opened her inbox.

 

Dony ★

Bonjóur madamóiselle! Sorry can't be there.

Still @ Malaysia for a meeting. I know u can

do it. Break a leg! x

                                                                                                                It's okay. You take care there. Thanks. x

Don't forget to smile!

                                                                                                                :) See you soon Dony. Gtg. Bye. x

 

Chaerin smiled as she put her phone to her side. She placed her left hand to the steering wheel and her right to the gearshift. She pressed the gas pedal and started to drive. After her 20-minute ride from Samcheong-deong, Chaerin finally arrives at the company premises.

As she entered the company, the employees bowed and greeted her. Chaerin smiled to them as a response. One thing that Chaerin learned from Soohyuk is that, smile when you're in front of your people to enlighten their day and at the same time to enlighten her own day. Chaerin pressed the button to the elevator and stepped in as it opened. As she reached the 21st floor where conference and board meeting rooms are located, Chaerin walked her way to the board meeting room. As she reached the door to the board room, Chaerin grasped the door knob. She hesitated when she heard Dahae's voice coming from inside.

"Chunnie. Please, don't do this. I don't want us to fight. I... I want you back." Dahae said in a soft voice. Chaerin adjusted her left ear to the door and continued eavesdropping.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter