Abduction

Heiress Chae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaerin was dumbfounded the moment when Yoochun answered her question about Dara. At first, Chaerin told herself that it was the best for the both of them but she realizes that she can’t endure being away from Dara anymore, and she also needs to apologize to her for being selfish. She needs to say her sorry for hurting her over and over again. She needs to see Dara and explain everything to her. Chaerin didn’t waste another time and left.

“Sajangnim! Lee Chaerin-ssi!” Yoochun tried to stop her but she’s already gone. He was about to follow her and tell her to stay away from his sister but Dahee grabbed his wrist and stopped him.

“Let go Dahee-ssi. She needs to be stopped.” He shoved her hand and was prepared to follow Chaerin when Dahee yelled.

“Park Yoochun-ssi!” Yoochun stopped from walking as Dahee blocked his way. She took something from her pouch and slapped it to Yoochun’s chest. The crumpled small paper fell into the ground and Yoochun picked it up.

[<<] FLASHBACK

“Waiting for someone?” Dahee smiled at her best friend and hugged her shortly. “Congratulations Chae-ah. You deserve it.” when Dahee looked at her, she noticed that there is something unusual to Chaerin again. Then she recalled that it’s an important day for Chaerin aside from being the company CEO. “Good luck.” The moment she uttered those words to Chaerin, her eyes began to water. Dahee saw how Chaerin controlled her emotions as Dara arrived.

Dahee thought it would be a happy conversation but it wasn’t. Chaerin began to say words that are like daggers piercing to Dara’s heart. She thought Chaerin would make up with Dara but it was the opposite. Her other friends were also surprised to what they have witnessed. But being the person closest to Chaerin’s side, Dahee noticed a small paper fell into the floor just behind her. Chaerin was hiding the envelope and crumpling it behind but she didn’t see that the paper inside it fell.

After the hurtful confrontation that happened that day, no one still noticed the paper so Dahee picked it when everyone almost left. The paper was significant to what had just happened earlier to Chaerin. It was the reason why she suddenly changed her mind. Inside the paper was a threat from Dongwook. Chaerin must’ve known his handwriting. And being Chaerin, she can’t just old it back and she took the responsibility for it.

[>>] END OF FLASHBACK

“That letter is the reason why Chaerin did that to your sister. She was just trying to protect her. My brother wants Chaerin to suffer by means of Sandara-ssi. As you read in that letter, Dongwook said that he will leave Dara alone if Chaerin will let her go. As much as Chaerin wants to tell Dara that she loves her, it was also difficult for her.” Dahee explained for him to understand what Chaerin did for Dara.

Yoochun looked at Dahee with defeated expression. “I’m sorry. I didn’t know.” Then he stared at his phone as it lighted. “Lee-Chaerin-nim can’t make it. Noona just messaged me. She is about to board the plane.”

---

Chaerin drove her car swiftly. She needs to make it to the airport before the Philippines-bound airplane leaves. Chaerin tried to dial Dara’s phone but it seemed that she’s rejecting her calls. She put her driving in full speed and after ten minutes, she arrived at the airport and quickly ran inside to find Dara. Instead, there were Bom, Minzy, TOP and Daesung who approached her.

“Chaerin-ah...” Chaerin didn’t need other words. She already understood Bom. The plane already left with her.

“I’m sorry Chaerin-ah. As soon as Taeyang and Seungri contacted us, we went here to help you to find her and buy some time. But just like you, we’re just too late.” Daesung explained to Chaerin.

Chaerin’s world became unclear. She can hear what her friends are saying but she can’t listen to them anymore. Her thoughts are full of giving everything up. ‘Wae Sandara, wae? I told you to wait and bring me back, didn’t I?’ she asked herself.

“The next flight for Philippines is in two hours. We can go and follow her.” Daesung spoke as if to ease her sorrow. Chaerin looked at her friends and they nodded to her as if saying that she should go too. Chaerin want to, but the words came out to was the opposite.

“Sirrheo. You can go to her if you want but I’m staying.” Chaerin turned her back to her friends.

“Unnie…” Minzy said in sympathy.

“I’m going to be okay Minzy-ah. I’m going to be fine friends. Just give me some time to be alone.” And by that, Chaerin left at the airport.

Chaerin focused on work the day after Dara left.  It was also been three days since she started rejecting her friends’ calls. She needs to take her time to realize everything as it were never been simple to her. Chaerin feels lifeless. There’s a part of her that is missing and it would be impossible for her now to bring it back.

It was a hazy afternoon when someone knocked the door. Chaerin was too busy to hear the knocking so Dahee just entered her room and sat down to the single couch across her table. Dahee sighed as she saw her best friend struggle greatly. “How long will you punish yourself like this, Chae? It isn’t you.”

Chaerin started typing into her laptop as if she heard nothing. Dahee was starting to lose her patience but she still tried to talk to her with composure but Chaerin still won’t listen. This time, Dahee banged her palm to the table to get Chaerin’s attention. Chaerin stopped typing for a while and stared at her. “Good. Now you’re listening.”

“I’m not in the mood Dahee. What is it?” Chaerin finally talked to her but still, she continued typing. The sound of the keys irritated Dahee more and this time, she put down Chaerin’s laptop to have her full attention. Chaerin sighed in loss. “Fine. I’m listening.”

“Neon nappeun gizibe. How can you not touch your phone for three days? Are you planning to self-detain yourself here? Everybody’s trying to reach out to you but you’re avoiding.” Dahee said frantically.

Chaerin was about to answer the question when Krystal entered the room. “I’m sorry to interrupt your confrontation but I think Faith should know by now, Danielle.”

“What do you mean that I ‘should know by now’? Oh God, I’m sick of Dongwook.” Chaerin exclaimed and looked at Krystal who was leaning at the side of the door.

Dahee tried to spit the words out but she can’t say it out loud. She doesn’t want to hurt her friend with those words so she hesitated. Instead, it was Krystal who told her the dreadful news. “Dara-ssi’s missing for days since she left Seoul. While you were dodging everyone’s calls, we found out that there was no Sandara Park who arrived in the Philippines. Her brother even confirmed that.”

“So what are you trying to say? She’s been kidnapped? Are you kidding me? I checked the flight that they and she was one of the passengers who deparrted!” Chaerin yelled out of frustration.

“Just please open your mind Chaerin-ah. Your other friends went after her that day, right? They also checked the names of the passengers who arrived that day and her name was not there!” Dahee yelled back at her.

“I can’t believe that we’re arguing over this! Dara’s gone. I already accepted that. Why can’t you just… Damn it.” Chaerin cursed and sighed afterwards in exasperation. “Just let me think for a second.”  She closed her eyes for a moment to ponder. A few minutes later, she opened her eyes and saw that Dahee has already left the room yet Krystal is still leaning on the foyer.

“It’s true. No one’s trying to deceive you. You can ask Yoochun-ssi if you are not convinced that much.” Krystal’s brief lines finally made sense to Chaerin. She started to feel remorse for her despicable attitude towards her friends. Krystal stood up firmly and continued, “I guess you don’t care about her anymore. Well, you can continue doing what you’re doing. Sorry if we cared too much about your feelings to the extent that we’re already a disturbance.” Krystal said to Chaerin as she wants her to feel more regretful. She was about to walk away when Chaerin raised from her seat

“Yeogi. Chakhaman.” Krystal halted and listened to what Chaerin will say. “Cheonseonghamnida. I didn’t mean to doubt all of you. I just… I don’t know. I’m lost.” Chaerin asserted.

“Gwaenchanha. At least you acknowledge your mistake. Nado cheonseonghaeyo. We must have come here earlier to inform you.” Krystal smiled sincerely to her friend and extended her hand. “Kajja?”

Chaerin nodded and linked her arm to Krystal as they left her office. Chaerin was about to press the button to ground floor as they’ve taken the elevator but Krystal pressed the button upwards to the conference room. Chaerin creased her eyebrows due to curiosity. Why would they go to conference room?

“They’re all at the conference room: your other friends, the Kwon siblings, your brother and cousins, and Yoochun-ssi. They’ve been waiting for a while.”  Krystal answered her query as if she can read Chaerin’s mind. The elevator arrived at the 26th floor and they started to walk their way to the conference room.

As soon as they’ve entered the room, Dahee welcomes her in a mocking tone. “Look who’s finally here! The ever workaholic, selfless, and stubborn CEO of ChaeHyuk Enterprises have come.”

“Hee-ah.” Dahae stopped her sister from taunting Chaerin.

“It’s okay unnie. Dahee has her right to be mad at me. Well, all of you have.” Chaerin admitted. She was about to apologize to all of them when her phone suddenly rang. Chaerin looked at them and said, “It’s Dongwook.”

“Put it on loudspeaker mode when you answer.” Dahae asked her cousin and Chaerin answered the call putting it into loudspeaker mode. Dongwook automatically spoke the moment she tapped her screen.

“Could everyone hear me now?” He chuckled mockingly and continued, “I know that in times like this you’re with your people and you know by now that your Sandara-ssi didn’t make it on her flight.Luckily, I was the one took her.” He laughed despicably. He cleared his throat and started to pinpoint the things he needs in exchange of Dara. “There are only two things you need to give me. One hundred million won and Park Bom.”

“Neo bicheoso. Do you think we’ll do that?” Chaerin said lividly. She was being serious but Dongwook just laughed from the other line.

“Of course all of you will do that. Am I right, Bom-ah?” Dongwook assumed. “Then, I’ll see at the old warehouse of your company at Namyangju. And oh… as of the time… its 10 o’clock sharp tonight. Chaerin-ah, can you put your phone on the handset mode?”

Chaerin looked at them again for approval and they agreed. Chaerin pressed the handset mode and put the phone on her ear. “I already did it. Bo?”

“There’s last one condition. Don’t you ever play fool with me and bring anyone but Bom with you or else she’ll be hurt or worse… you will not see her alive if you’ll break my conditions.” Then the connection with Dongwook was cut.

---

“You will not see her alive if you’ll break my conditions.”  Dongwook hung up the phone after discussing his terms to Chaerin. He knew that his cousin will sacrifice anything for her beloved Sandara so he took advantage of it as he heard from a source in a ticketing office that Dara’s leaving for Philippines. He took the opportunity and carried on his plans.

Dongwook faced his hostage as he opened his can of cider and drank from it. He made a short gasp after he drink it and spoke, “You’ll see your beloved Chaerin later. Aren’t you excited?” He smiled evilly as he looked at Dara whose hands and feet were chained.

“Just get over with it and kill me. Don’t ever try to hurt her. She suffered enough.” Dara glared at him as she tried to break the chains from her flesh.

“My, my. Am I supposed to feel bad? Well, because I’m not.” Dongwook laughed wickedly and grabbed his knife and fork. He began to eat and stopped for a moment when he noticed that Dara’s not eating her dinner. He wiped the sides of his mouth with the table napkin and spoke. “Why don’t you eat? You’re lucky enough that your perpetrator’s nice to you. You must thank me that I’m still letting you eat and live in a proper way. Hostages nowadays don’t receive this kind of treatment, you know. And oh, don’t burden yourself on removing those chains. You’re just hurting yourself. Be thankful that your chains were just bound to your own and not attached to walls or other things.”  He took another sip of cider and continued eating.

Dara was no other choice but to eat. She needs to gather her strength and find a way to escape from Dongwook. It wil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter