At The Hospital

Heiress Chae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I swear to God that I will never ever forget you. I promise you that even my mind will confuse my feelings, my heart will still know who you are." Chaerin slung her left arm to Dara and smiled.

"Promise?"

"Yeah. Even i get hit by a car and lose my memory. I will remember you, because I love you." Chaerin closed her eyes and pecked Dara on her forehead, on her nose and on her lips. Dara pulled her wifey close to her and kissed her deeply. Chaerin was surprised to her action but still she kissed her back and smiled. After a few seconds kiss, Chaerin whispered, "Saranghamnida Ssantoki."

"Nado saranghae Puddeong."

*~*~*~*~*

"Hey genius! The whole gang has a gift for you. Here."  Youngbae reached their gift to Chaerin.

"Open it Ddokchae!" Bom said excitedly.

"I'm the one who contributed a lot!" Seungri grinned as Chaerin unwraps her huge gift from her friends.

The moment Chaerin saw the huge Rilakkuma in front of her, she went still. Her friends noticed her reaction and began worrying. Daesung and Minzy approached her. Daesung sighed and said, "Seems like our heiress Ddokchae didn't like our gift." then he frowned.

"Unnie, are you alright? You're crying!" Minzy said. Youngbae, Seungri, Bom and TOP approached and comforted her. "Hey. We're sorry. It's just, we don't know what else to buy---"

Chaerin wiped her tears and interrupted, "I don't like it." she looked at her friends and smiled, "I LOVE IT! I LOVE YOU GUYS."

"Oh God, we thought we disappointed you." TOP and the whole gang sighed in relief. After absorbing all the happiness, Chaerin initiated a group hug.

"I will never forget you friends."

 

12:00 MN KST

Chaerin woke up from her dream. It felt so strange for her to have that kind of dream. Then she began having queries on her own, 'Are those just dreams or it really did happen?' 'Are those part of my memories?' then she tilted her head to her side. She looked carefully at her Rilakkuma stuffed toy. It was the same Rilakkuma thing in her dream. Chaerin took the stuffed toy and studied it. Chaerin realized something about her dream, she and Dara were kissing.  She pushed away the thought and focused herself on the toy.

The key. The key popped on Chaerin's mind. She inspected her Rilakkuma stuffed toy and found it. Chaerin took hold of the scrapbook in her bedside table and halted. She asked herself, 'Are you ready for this Lee Chaerin?' then she nods as a reply to her own. She inserted the small key to the scrapboook and it was unlocked.

The moment Chaerin opened the scrapbook, memories flooded her all at once. Her vision began to blur and she wasn't aware that tears were already streaming down on her face.

"Ssan...Sandara."

Chaerin took her phone and dialed Dahee. She's the only person right now that she needs to see and confirm everything. Dahee answered at the fourth ring.

"Chae, you alright? Anything happened?" Dahee asked in a worried tone. Chaerin stared at the clock hanged in the wall and sees the time. It's already 12:11 in the midnight. Of course, Dahee would worry.

"Hee-ah..." Chaerin said in a trembling voice and continued, "I remember. I know her."

5 minutes of silence then Dahee replied,

"Oh my gosh. How?! Chae. Wait. I'm going there. I'll just fix myself and---" Chaerin cuts her friend off.

"I'll just go there. Y-you wait." Then she hung up the phone without warning.

Chaerin brought the scrapbook with her and collected her car key. She bolted to the garage and clambered to her car. As she maneuvred her car, Chaerin cursed relentlessly. One of her wheels is flat. Chaerin takes no time and moved out of the car immediately.

Chaerin moved fast as she went out the gate. She needs to ride a taxi. She heard a tentative voice calling her. When she was about to see the voice's owner, she was hit by a car. Chaerin felt her body floating. She saw an unfocused series of images in front of her, colors and bodies and lights swaying, stilted movements all blurred together. Sounds are warped, garbled, too high and too low for her to hear clearly. There are icy, electric bursts surging through her veins, like every part of her body has fallen asleep and is trying to wake up again. There are faces in front of her. She tried concentrate on the shape, the colors, try to bring everything into focus but it’s too difficult. All at once the heat is gone. The hands are gone. Chaerin collapsed back onto the ground and everything goes black. Before ahe lose her consiousness, Chaerin heard a siren. It would be her last hope.

----

Krystal's been shaking since they've arrived the hospital. All the memories of the accident consumed her mind. She feels guilty all over again. She was pulled out of her reverie when Yuri yelled at her.

"What the hell Krystal Jung?! You're acting bull. Calm yourself, please. That won't do any better for Faith." Krystal saw how Yuri suppress her panic. She's worried but she's being strong. She guess that a nurse like Yuri knows how to calm down.

"I-is she alright?... T-tell me unnie. Faith will be fine, right?" Krystal said, her voice still trembling.

Yuri was about to reply when two nurses came out from the emergency room. She stood up and spoke to them,

"Any news Nurse Seohyun and YoonA? Please tell me she's okay." YoonA held her hand and smiled sadly.

"Her vital signs are stable but she's still unconscious. We will transfer her to a private room where she can rest. The doctor said you can see her for a while. Yuri-sunbaenim, with all due respect, it would be much better if you contact her family and other loved ones." Seohyun said to Yuri, giving her an apologetic look.

"She'll be okay Ri. Don't worry." YoonA comforted her and sighed, "We have to go. On duty, you know. Taeyeon said you can take your break for tomorrow." YoonA and Seohyun nod their head and Yuri nods back. Yuri checks her phone and found out that her phone's battery was drained. She put it back to her sidepocket and turned to Krystal.

"Krystal, can I borrow your phone for a while? I need to contact Soohyuk-oppa and Youngdon. My phone's uh... drained." Krystal lent her phone to her friend and returned from being hysterical. Yuri delivered the tragedy to Youngdon first who is on his way to Seoul from Incheon International Airport. Then, she tried to contact Soohyuk but he can't be reached. A few seconds later, Youngdon called. He said that Soohyuk is with him and they'll be here in an hour or two.

"We already transferred CL on a private room. You can now see her." Nurse Jessica, Krystal's elder sister informed Yuri and started to walk away but then,

"Sica, wait. I think your sister needs medical attention. She's traumatized from what she witnessed."

"No one needs medical attention other than Faith." Krystal looked at Yuri and her sister then stood up, "I'm fine. Faith needs us. We gotta go Yuri." Krystal pivoted her heels and walked out. Jessica raised an eyebrow at Yuri but Yuri just shrugged and moved to follow Krystal.

As Krystal and Yuri stood inside the foyer on Chaerin's room. A silhouette of a nurse welcomed them. It's Taeyeon. The girls approached her and queried, "How is she doing?"

"She needs rest. Is that obvious? Too dumb for a nurse." Krystal and Yuri looked to their side and saw Dahee sitting on the couch with her arms crossed and eyes glaring.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE? YOU !" Krystal shouted and tried to come near Dahee but Yuri stopped her.

"Now who's the between us Jung? You selfish, liar psychopath. Can you calm your friend down? " Dahee hissed and stared to Yuri.

"Hey. Control yourself down, Stal. Don't let her get into you." then Yuri nods to Taeyeon who is terrified to witness such scene. After Taeyeon left, she stared at Dahee. "What do you want? Why are you here? You're gonna try to kill her too like what your brother just did? Just leave before we call the police."

"D-Dongwook did this?" Dahee's eyes widened in disbelief.

"Oh. Let's just skip the part of the drama. I know the three of you planned it." Yuri said in an accusatory tone. Dahee gathers herself and said,

"We didn't expect that he'll do this. My sister and I has nothing to do with this. A few minutes before this thing happened, Chaerin-ah did call me."

"And why she would do that? Why would she call a person that she hates?" Krystal said in mockery.

"A person that she hates?" Dahee gave her a short laugh and continued, "You are already skipping the part where Chaerin and I are best friends."

"Are bestfriends? or WERE best friends. I thought you're smart enough to identify past tense to present tense, Danielle."

"And I thought you're also smart enough to stay away from Chaerin until everyone discover your little dirty secret."

Krystal clenched her fists and gritted her teeth. Dahee really makes her mad. Yuri didn't understand what are they talking about that she interrupted, "What the hell is she saying Stal?! Why do not know any of it? Tell me!" Yuri demanded.

Krystal ignored Yuri and glared at Dahee. After a few seconds of silence, Dahee pursed her lips then spoke, "I will make it easy for you Krystal. Let me tell your friend what I heard when I was eavesdropping to one of Dongwook's conversation. You are the reason why Chaerin suffered from all these things. You ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter