spoo-soo-ky!

paid in full.

Chanyeol was out of control.

He was totally out of control, and Kyungsoo wondered if he could calculate the percentage of how much stress he had accumulated since Chanyeol's arrival in his life.

"So, you do want me to stay?" Chanyeol had asked through mouthfuls of soggy cereal the morning following the incident.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and turned his back to Chanyeol, busy with making sure the toast Chanyeol had put in the toaster didn't catch on fire. "I never said that. However, I do need a roommate. And you're, well, here."

Chanyeol snorted and Kyungsoo was afraid to turn around and see him grinning with all six thousand and twenty-two teeth.

 


 

Kyungsoo let out an over-exaggerated sigh as he entered his - their - apartment one evening, only to find Chanyeol hunched over a pumpkin.

"You can't be trusted with knives, Chanyeol." Kyungsoo teased, setting his keys on the counter and peering over Chanyeol's shoulder. 

"Oh, hush you. I'll do as I please." Why could Kyungsoo always hear the smile on Chanyeol's face without even seeing it? Three months of living with this loser was making Kyungsoo lose his mind, he was sure of it.

"So, hey," Chanyeol turned around suddenly, snapping Kyungsoo out of his thoughts. "I was thinking maybe we should maybe have a Halloween party maybe, like if you're okay with that, maybe, I guess, maybe."

Chanyeol sat breathless and nervous, waiting for Kyungsoo's response. Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes and shook his head no.

"Kyungsoo!" The older, but significantly younger mentally, male gave his best puppy eyes. "It would be so much fun, and I promise I'd clean up. Please? Please, please, please, please?"

Kyungsoo rubbed at his eyes and then flicked Chanyeol's forehead. 

"Will you kindly shut up?" 

Chanyeol ceased his whining and looked up at Kyungsoo expectantly. 

"I promise I'll be good, and I promise the cops won't show up. Not that many people either. Just some friends."

Kyungsoo flicked Chanyeol's ear before heading to his bedroom, only turning around to let out a reluctant "Fine."

 


 

"Wow, I'm impressed." Kyungsoo's eyes circled around their living room. Chanyeol had done a pretty kick job decorating.

"Thank you! I tried to make it extra spoo-soo-ky!" Chanyeol giggled in the kitchen.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and picked through the bowls of candy Chanyeol had already set out. "Do you need any help cooking or anything?" 

"Nope!" Chanyeol shouted back, "I told you, I'm completely responsible for this party."

Kyungsoo shrugged, but made his way to the kitchen regardless. People wouldn't be arriving for another ten minutes.

Even the kitchen was heavily decorated with cobwebs and glittering streamers, the lights dimmed and only a few candles (they must be electronic, no real fire, Chanyeol!) here and there.

The real scare was when Chanyeol turned around to face Kyungsoo and looked actually really, really hot. He was costumed as a werewolf, in a dumb plaid button up and black skinny jeans. That doesn't even seem like something a werewolf would wear, Kyungsoo thought.
He had styled his hair so that it looked messy and had tucked in what appeared to be dark ears with it as well. Kyungsoo briefly wondered what it would feel like to run his fingers through that hair.

"What?" Chanyeol blinked, "Do I have something on my face?"

He rubbed at his cheeks before looking again at Kyungsoo, who hadn't responded. "Woah, your costume is really cool!"

Kyungsoo looked down at his half-assed zombie costume and rolled his eyes, a hint of a smile on his lips. He kind of wanted to squeeze Chanyeol's cheeks for being so cute, so easily impressed.

"Thanks. You look like a furry." 

Kyungsoo thought it would be best to leave before he acted on instinct and pinched Chanyeol's cheeks.

 


 

"I can't believe you actually allowed this kid to throw a party."

"I wish he was a kid." Kyungsoo replied to Jongdae. "It would be less of a pain to reprimand him. I can't even ground him."

"You could always punish him." Jongdae wiggled his eyebrows and Kyungsoo gave him a shove hard enough that he fell of the armrest of the sofa.

"Careful, Kyungsoo, you'll break the princess." Baekhyun snickered as he walked by.

"That kid, I swear..." Jongdae watched him walk away, and Kyungsoo refrained from gagging at the lovestruck sound in his best friend's voice.

"You've only known him like two months, Jongdae. Don't get any marriage ideas yet." Kyungsoo sipped at the red fruit punch that Chanyeol had insisited be dyed purple because it will be a lot spookier, Kyungsoo! 

Jongdae rolled his eyes and pushed himself off the floor.

"I never said I was in love with the guy. Besides," He tilted his head, "who are you to talk? Time doesn't seem to be holding you and Chanyeol back."

Kyungsoo nearly choked on his drink. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"Oh please, Kyungsoo. You can barely tear yourself away from him," he mimicked Kyungsoo's voice, "and it's only been three months."

"That's such bull. I only hang out with him because I live with him. Neither of us have the stamina to leave the house unnecissarily, so we just stay here and tolerate each other." Kyungsoo eyed his drink suspiciously. Maybe he was hallucinating and Jongdae wasn't really saying all this dumb stuff to him.

"You've got to be kidding me. The past two Fridays when I asked you what you were doing, you told me you were having an anime marathon with Chanyeol. You guys probably sit on this couch and cuddle in fuzzy blankets or something."

"We do not!" Kyungsoo's eyes were wild, searching around the room nervously. Jongdae wasn't seriously implying he liked liked Chanyeol, right? How high school of him.

"You'd probably do anything he asked you to, hones-" Jongdae was cut off when an overly excited Chanyeol came bounding up to them.

"Hey, Jongdae! I'm really glad you could come!" Chanyeol was smiling and shouting and Kyungsoo wondered if he had been standing to close to the speakers that the horrible Halloween music was playing through. He turned his gaze to Kyungsoo, and his smile only widened. "Kyungsoo, come dance with me!"

Jongdae shot Kyungsoo a wicked grin. Jongdae knew Kyungsoo hated dancing.

"Uh..." Chanyeol's smile became slightly shyer, and holy , he looked really cute like that and HOLY did Kyungsoo like LIKE him??

"I guess, if it means you'll stop shouting in my friend's ears." He slowly got up and Jongdae laughed as he took Chanyeol's outstretched hand.

"Good, I'll shout in yours instead." Chanyeol giggled. However, he was not shouting. Instead he was whispering into Kyungsoo's ear, and Kyungsoo had just about had enough of this whole sudden unexpected feelings charade.

Chanyeol gently shoved them past people that the older knew from university or high school or his mom's restaurant. Rather than going to an area actually suited for dancing, however, Chanyeol led them into the kitchen.

"This seems like a pretty lame place for dancing." Kyungsoo said, snatching some chips out of a bowl and attempting to avoid further conversation by shoving them in his mouth.

"Yeah, well," Chanyeol's volume had lowered significantly, "I was getting tired. Sleepy werewolf."

"Sleepy werewolf, huh?" Kyungsoo chewed slowly and smiled up at Chanyeol, whose eyes did look pretty sleepy.

"Yeah, that's me. So, so sleepy." He rested his head on top of Kyungsoo's, who had gotten quite accustomed to Chanyeol's complete invasion of privacy. 

"The party's winding down. Everyone should be gone in about fifteen minutes." Kyungsoo gently pushed Chanyeol off with his shoulder and made to go back into the living room. "Then the dumb werewolf can get some sleep."

"Okay, but stay here with me." Chanyeol grabbed at Kyungsoo's arm lazily and pouted. "You said you'd dance with me if I stopped shouting at your friends, and I did."

"Why do you sound so whiny?" Kyungsoo laughed nervously as Chanyeol dragged him closer, so Kyungsoo was pressed up against Chanyeol's chest.

"I'm always whiny." Chanyeol smiled down at Kyungsoo, but it was a smaller, gentler smile than Kyungsoo was used to and he couldn't find it in him to count all twelve billion of Chanyeol's teeth.

"You're always whiny." Kyungsoo half-smiled back. Chanyeol was so dumb and cute and charming, and so what if Kyungsoo liked him a little? Maybe that wasn't so bad.

"But you'll keep me, right?" 

And then Chanyeol ing leaned down and nuzzled his nose against Kyungsoo's.

"Yeah, I'll keep you." Kyungsoo gurgled. He was having trouble talking? And breathing?

"Good." Chanyeol hummed happily.

 


 

"Pretty good party, huh?" 

Kyungsoo jumped awake at these words and jumped a second time when he realized he was cuddled up in blankets on the couch with ing Chanyeol.

"Did I fall asleep here?" Kyungsoo's eyes were wide as he ran a hand through his already messy hair.

"Mhm. Your tiny little body kept me warm after I attempted to clean up after the party."

"We didn't - I mean, we slept on the couch, but we didn't..? " Kyungsoo's eyes were growing wider with each second and he pushed himself out of Chanyeol's arms.

Chanyeol snorted. "No, I didn't try to get into your pants, don't worry." He opened his mouth slightly then closed it and then opened it again. "I did try to kiss you though!"

Kyungsoo couldn't tell if he was joking or not.

"But you said no." Chanyeol laughed nervously. "No kisses until I wasn't a werewolf anymore."

"You wanted to kiss me?" Kyungsoo's breathing sounded as nervous as Chanyeol's laugh.

"I'm not a werewolf anymore, Kyungsoo." He pointed at his clip on ears on the table, no longer fastened in his hair.

"You want me to kiss you?" Kyungsoo asked slowly.

"I want you to kiss me."

Kyungsoo wondered if he was joking, but Chanyeol didn't seem to be giggling anymore.

"Okay."

And Kyungsoo did. He pressed his warm lips against Chanyeol's, whose hands shot up to hold onto Kyungsoo's cheeks.
Kyungsoo felt his heart doing things he didn't want it to do as Chanyeol bit gently on his lower lip. 
He pushed gently against Chanyeol's chest to get him to stop.

"Bad?" Chanyeol asked, blinking slowly, a crestfallen look on his face.

"No, uh," Kyungsoo breathed, "good. Just...fast. This happened really fast."

"Not fast enough, in my opinion." Chanyeol tugged on his shirt sleeve and Kyungsoo laughed.

"I like you a lot, I think." Chanyeol said, his face a nice shade of pink. Kyungsoo wondered if they'd feel warm under his palms.

"I like you too, I think?" Kyungsoo's response sounded a lot more uncertain than he felt. He definitely, unfortunately, liked Chanyeol a lot. "This won't make living together weird though, right?"

"Hmm... does it matter?" Chanyeol asked, his face brightening with a smile again. "I like things weird."

 


 

a/n: this chapter feels really rushed but i really wanted to write a halloween chapter i just didn't have time before halloween??? also i didn't really know where to go with this story so idK, there w ill probably be like 1 or 2 more chapters, probably just fluffy stuff. sorry this is super boring, i clearly have no idea how 2 write chaptered fics